Edgar won rounds 3,4,5

SilentDogoodSilentDogood Posts: 237Free
In rounds 3,4,5 Edgar landed more significant strikes and more total strikes in each round and aldo had no take downs or submission attempts in either round 3,4 or 5
Tagged:

Comments

• idrankyourbeeridrankyourbeer Sony: "We made VCRs too. Play in our world. Watch tv in theirs!"Posts: 21,121Free
    edited February 2013
    i gave him round 4 and thats it. would have gave him the nod for round 3 as well if it wasnt for the fact that it was rematch frankie free title shot edgar fighting.
    Post edited by idrankyourbeer on
    Just givin out the D
    Roy Nelson - Devouring the competition and pissing out excellence
    I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather. not screaming and yelling like the passengers in his car
  • Yesterdays_HeroYesterdays_Hero Posts: 23,589Free
    Was surprised to see the stats, Edgar did out-strike him in the last 3. REMATCH!
  • the_enigmathe_enigma Posts: 19,061Premium

Was surprised to see the stats, Edgar did out-strike him in the last 3. REMATCH!

I think edgar landed 4 more strikes in rd 3... but come on now, Frankie's strikes aren't there to win fights. They're there to say to the judges "hey look at me, I'm touching his leg with my foot"
    2013 predictions league champion
    Forum odds makers league all division champ, p4p 1... no.1 period.
    Forum Face Off 2012 champion, 2013 no.2, 2013 most wins as champ
    Last one to post wins winner x2

imageimage

I think edgar landed 4 more strikes in rd 3... but come on now, Frankie's strikes aren't there to win fights. They're there to say to the judges "hey look at me, I'm touching his leg with my foot"
    Well Aldo's didn't say much more.
  • prodigy9prodigy9 Posts: 1,646Free
    Frankie landed 4 more strikes in round 3. But Aldo landed the biggest shot of the fight in that round, as well as easily stopping the takedown.
    JDS,Hunt.

Teixeira, Shogun, Nedkov,Manuwa.

Lombard, Bisping, Belfort.

Hathaway, Semtex,

Sass, Khabib 'The Eagle,

Barboza, Barao.

Cro Cop-Penn-Liddell

• Hilite1833Hilite1833 Posts: 8Registered Users
    I gave frankie 4 & 5, but couldn't give him 3 because aldo still did more damage. I don't dislike frankie, and no offense to his fans, but doesn't this arguing about the decision thing get a little old after a whike? If they guy learned to finish fights or come in with a better gameplan you wouldn't have to argue about the judges decision, would you?...
  • Hilite1833Hilite1833 Posts: 8Registered Users
    prodigy9 said:

Frankie landed 4 more strikes in round 3. But Aldo landed the biggest shot of the fight in that round, as well as easily stopping the takedown.

Takedown defense often means nothing when scoring. I remember Tibau defended something like 15-20 takedowns from Khabib in an uneventful fight and still lost.
    I've said it before that Frankie's style is more of a psychological attack then anything. His striking is so indecisive that his opponents have confidence that they can just chill out at range and before they know it the time runs out.

imageimage
    Style, control, damage, aggression & octagon control.
    Based on those, Aldo wins round 3. & Edgar didn't even win both 4&5. Aldo was throwing with bad intentions, Edgar was sparring
    JDS,Hunt.

Hathaway, Semtex,

Sass, Khabib 'The Eagle,

Barboza, Barao.

Cro Cop-Penn-Liddell

prodigy9 said:

Based on those, Aldo wins round 3. & Edgar didn't even win both 4&5. Aldo was throwing with bad intentions, Edgar was sparring

Based on that Frankie won the second Benson fight, judges clearly don't score with those thins in mind.

What is style, did you make that up?

prodigy9 said:

Based on that Frankie won the second Benson fight, judges clearly don't score with those thins in mind.

That's the criteria.
    Who cares who won the 2nd Benson fight? That's nothing to do with this. Edgar needs to start fighting in the early rounds, that way every one of his fights wouldn't be a close decision. He got the wins against Penn & Griffin, he got a draw with Maynard... So can't have it both ways.
    JDS,Hunt.

Hathaway, Semtex,

Sass, Khabib 'The Eagle,

Barboza, Barao.

Cro Cop-Penn-Liddell

prodigy9 said:

prodigy9 said:

That's the criteria.
    Who cares who won the 2nd Benson fight? That's nothing to do with this. Edgar needs to start fighting in the early rounds, that way every one of his fights wouldn't be a close decision. He got the wins against Penn & Griffin, he got a draw with Maynard... So can't have it both ways.
    I never heard anything about style as a judging criteria, what is it?

prodigy9 said:

prodigy9 said:

That's the criteria.
    I never heard anything about style as a judging criteria, what is it?
    I got the judging criteria in front of me, granted it is British & 3 years old but I assume the laws are no different.
    Says style in it, I guess it means how slick and luis the fighter is rather than his actual fighting style.
    JDS,Hunt.

Hathaway, Semtex,

Sass, Khabib 'The Eagle,

Barboza, Barao.

Cro Cop-Penn-Liddell

• StrokermanStrokerman Posts: 282Registered Users
    I gave him 3, 4, and 5 as well. 4 and 5 were no-brainers imo. Aldo fought a total of about 20 seconds of Rd. 5 and I'm not giving anyone a round for that. Round 3 was close but as has been pointed out Edgar actually outstruck Aldo but what is moreso he was the one trying to fight. Aldo spent the majority of the round backing up and not engaging.

49-46 is a joke of a scorecard in this fight.
  • amuneraamunera Posts: 1,902Free
    I had Aldo winning but I was shitless scared of the judges giving Edgar the decision, that would have meant yet another immediate rematch and no thank you.
    Fighter Picks League 4 Champion
    Fav:
    HW: JDS/Nelson LHW: Evans WW: Maia/Sanchez LW: Miller/J-Lau FW:Siver BW TBA FlW: Benavidez

• mmafan73mmafan73 Posts: 7,911Free
    no....edgar lost, aldo won 3 if not 4 rounds....edgar is a can and will fade into nothingness like i stated earlier...
    I love to be between a mans strong legs just like my Boyfriend Chael does

Sonnen made me believe the hype but Silva showed me the light...BruteDion's 19th victim

imageimage

Mazzagatti has a sick haircut. I hope I can be as cool as him when I'm 60 and and secretly plotting with Kim Winslow to destroy the sport from the inside.

• cruz2990cruz2990 MexicoPosts: 8,116Free
    Losers just STFU edgar got his **** kicked on to the 135 pound division ........
    __________________________________________________________________________________________
    Sigbet record: 50 - 4

• BanduraBandura Posts: 1,453Free

Actually Aldo had a couple welts on his left leg by the end of the fight, they weren't crazylike the one on Frankie's but they'd be more noteworthy in a different fight

All hail the Dark sith ruler, Darth Shubeous!
  • WarWestWarWest Órale VatoPosts: 33,720Free
    Edgar didn't win ****

Wait, I take that back he won the crybaby award
    The Cal Ripken Of GSP hatin'
    Arch Bishop Of Anti-GSP
    The Stockton Hater
    209's So Fine
  • nuffsaidnuffsaid Posts: 39Free
    I actually lol'd when Edgar said he thought he won the fight.
    He needs to start planning on finishing fights instead of point fighting. When you're losing and you already took all of Aldos best shots and you're still standing, don't dance around and throw faints the last 2 rounds. Go out and throw everything you have, it's not like he doesn't have the gas tank to keep up that kind of pace.
  • UDONNOUDONNO Posts: 451Free
    Edgar thinks he won every fight he has ever been in. WarWest said it the best, the only thing he won is the cry baby award. Same with his fans on this forum. Instead of crying, go out and actually win a fight!
  • DarksjeikDarksjeik Posts: 2,245Free
    edited February 2013
    I believe in the old saying, "to be the champ you have to beat the champ. " Noone should take a championship belt from anyone in a fight that close...
    Post edited by Darksjeik on

• zaksamezaksame Posts: 4,340Free
    edited February 2013
    To use the term "Significant" and yet not a mark or anything happened to Aldo is stretching ti a mile,is it not?Frankie is simply put an Olympic style point scorer.You cannot take 20 of Edgar's strikes and weight them in as equal to 20 of Aldo's strikes.Even the leg kicks were of no comparison.

The only time i would give "Quantity" the edge is if it were ridiculously overwhelming,like maybe 60 strikes to 30.I am not going to look at any fight metrics because that is just opinions on what justifies a strike,i'll use my own judgement ,since i watched all the fights closely.IMO Frankie did win round 3 or 4,i forget which round was what now,but he did win one of those decisively ,the other rounds he only marginally out struck Aldo and that is why i cannot give him those rounds,his strikes are LESS significant than Aldo's.

Many people seem to forget this is NOT Olympic boxing ,there is SUPPOSE to be more criteria.Who gets ring control?I would say there is an argument Aldo wins ring control in every round.Damage,who wins that?Aldo again.Who runs more and is less willing to engage,well it was back n forth at times but again i think Aldo was more willing to engage.Take down attempts?Well do you weigh in one half **** attempt more than a few fails or do you penalize him for fails?

IMO Aldo wins and Frankie has nobody to blame but himself,he fought the same way the entire fight and never adapted.
    Post edited by zaksame on
    Gina Miesha Kyra ...yes please.
  • PenguPengu Posts: 4,130Free
    Gave Edgar round 4
    Train by day, Joe Rogan Podcast all Night! All day!

Osu!