Randy Couture banned from UFC events?

Yesterdays_HeroYesterdays_Hero Posts: 24,727Free
Dana said in the 156 post-fight scrum that Ryan Couture is welcome in the UFC but Randy won't be able to corner him and couldn't even buy a ticket to a UFC event.

Dana also said that the only time Randy is a man is when he's inside the cage.

I don't know how this beef between Dana and Randy stayed a secret for this time.
Tagged:

Comments

• Yesterdays_HeroYesterdays_Hero Posts: 24,727Free
    TUF1 said:

Dana said in the 156 post-fight scrum that Ryan Couture is welcome in the UFC but Randy won't be able to corner him and couldn't even buy a ticket to a UFC event.

I don't know how this beef between Dana and Randy stayed a secret for this time.

uh maybe because it wouldn't be smart business to ban Randy from events he was fighting at duh
    Tito and Dana still go back and forth till this day and Tito was allowed to fight.
    TUF1 said:

TUF1 said:

uh maybe because it wouldn't be smart business to ban Randy from events he was fighting at duh
    Tito and Dana still go back and forth till this day and Tito was allowed to fight.
    lol dude i was joking
    You didn't add an lol or animated emoticon so there was no way to tell
  • Gabri1985Gabri1985 Manchester, England Posts: 7,730Free
    I would be more inclined to believe Dana about Couture always had a feeling he wasn't what he liked to make out on camera just get the feeling he is a bit of a fake.

Its simple, two years ago Couture was a big PPV draw and one of the biggest name in MMA and a cash cow $$$

now, he doesnt give dana anymore money and he works for another company, so according to Dana standard, when you go to an other organisation, you are a ****!!!

ex: Frank and Ken Shamrock, Tim Sylvia, Hendo (when he left for SF) and now Randy!!!
    and many more!!!
    Post edited by jpc_ultimate on
  • UncleScaryUncleScary Posts: 8Elite
    "Frank Shamrock is a d--k," White said. "Frank Shamrock literally never shuts up. He's always popping off about something. He's always got something stupid to say." ---Dana White, while popping off and saying something stupid.

http://www.mmajunkie.com/news/2013/02/dana-white-outlines-randy-couture-issue-says-ryan-couture-will-fight-for-ufc

Also:

"Frank Shamrock came out with a statement the other day and wants to fight me. You know what I mean? Give me a f---ing break. The guy is a clown. I just have no respect for Frank Shamrock. That's the difference. Couture, I don't respect him at all – not even a little bit..."

This second section reminds me of Rick James: "See, I never just did things just to do them. Come on, what am I gonna do? Just all of a sudden jump up and grind my feet on somebody's couch like it's something to do? Come on. I got a little more sense then that. Yeah, I remember grinding my feet on Eddie's couch."
    Dana: "Frank Shamrock came out with a statement the other day and wants to fight me. You know what I mean? Give me a f---ing break. The guy is a clown. I just have no respect for Frank Shamrock. That's the difference. Couture, I don't respect him at all – not even a little bit..."

Rick James: "See, I never just did things just to do them. Come on, what am I gonna do? Just all of a sudden jump up and grind my feet on somebody's couch like it's something to do? Come on. I got a little more sense then that. Yeah, I remember grinding my feet on Eddie's couch."
  • prodigy9prodigy9 Posts: 1,646Free
    Hate it when Dana gets like this.
    Wish he'd just do his job and keep his mouth shut.
    Couture & Ortiz made the sport what it is, left it all in the cage, they get old & not needed & he starts slating them.
    JDS,Hunt.

Teixeira, Shogun, Nedkov,Manuwa.

Lombard, Bisping, Belfort.

Hathaway, Semtex,

Sass, Khabib 'The Eagle,

Barboza, Barao.

Cro Cop-Penn-Liddell

• wanderleisilva101wanderleisilva101 Posts: 10,245Free
    edited February 2013
    prodigy9 said:

Couture & Ortiz made the sport what it is, left it all in the cage, they get old & not needed & he starts slating them.

Yeah that's Dana for you the funny thing is the UFC loved to push captain America on us everytime he fought now he's trying to bad mouth him for it. They should lock Dana in the cage with Tito, Randy or Frank Shamrock I want to see him get his **** kicked.
    Post edited by wanderleisilva101 on
    Bet Record- 76-43

UFC Survivor series tournament 1 winner
    image image
  • prodigy9prodigy9 Posts: 1,646Free

prodigy9 said:

Yeah that's Dana for you the funny thing is the UFC loved to push captain America on us everytime he fought now he's trying to bad mouth him for it. They should lock Dana in the cage with Tito, Randy or Frank Shamrock I want to see him get his **** kicked.
    Rogan absolutely rimmed Randy when they commentated together always calling him his hero and that.
    Surely he must be a decent bloke outside of the cage.
    Dana hates the guys that push for the money they deserve.
    JDS,Hunt.

Teixeira, Shogun, Nedkov,Manuwa.

Lombard, Bisping, Belfort.

Hathaway, Semtex,

Sass, Khabib 'The Eagle,

Barboza, Barao.

Cro Cop-Penn-Liddell

• wanderleisilva101wanderleisilva101 Posts: 10,245Free
    prodigy9 said:

prodigy9 said:

Rogan absolutely rimmed Randy when they commentated together always calling him his hero and that.
    Surely he must be a decent bloke outside of the cage.
    Dana hates the guys that push for the money they deserve.
    I know right Goldie did too, personally I never bought into the gimmick tbh wasn't a big Randy fan but Dana helped promote him and all that **** and now he's just butthurt coz he aint making him any money.
    Bet Record- 76-43

UFC Survivor series tournament 1 winner
    image image
  • zaksamezaksame Posts: 4,390Free
    edited February 2013
    That is taking it personal and bad for business,not that i ever thought Dana was a good president.
    I am VERY good reading between the lines and what i am seeing is Dana is worried about what Couture knows.Couture knows a lot of the UFC's crooked ways and is probably spilling it and Dana doesn't like it.You know when Dana said Fertita would be staying in Brasil a lot?Well Brasil has no commission to deal with.All they do is a little crooked action and they can make millions there.Lying about books and numbers??I 100% believe Couture and NOT Dana.
    The other thing i know is that Dana most likely wants to can little Couture as well,but he knows that would really give the UFC bad publicity,so he can't do that.Dana will be in hot water if Couture keeps winning,he will ask for a lot more money and a new contract,the UFC is only quiet now because Couture is probably well underpaid and not complaining.That is the way Dana operates,let them push you around and don't complain,then he's cool,complain at all ,he gets like a little kid and starts with insults.
    Post edited by zaksame on
    Gina Miesha Kyra ...yes please.
  • BanduraBandura Posts: 1,453Free
    edited February 2013
    Seriously, isn't it a little {mod edit} up to ban a man's father from seeing him fight? I saw Friggin' JWow in the audience last night but a former 5 time champion (6 if you count the interim belt he won from Liddell, which no one does), who also happens to have a HOF spot and a gym that features a butt-ton of UFC alent can't show up cageside. I usually don't get too mad a DW but what the flying monkey {mod edit}
    Post edited by sobercorrupTRT on

All hail the Dark sith ruler, Darth Shubeous!
  • HellequinHellequin Posts: 4,715Free
    Dana is being a baby because Randy wants to make a buck.
  • JunglebirdJunglebird Posts: 9,743Free
    dana is so two-faced. lol
    FEB. 2010
    Anderson Silva: Proof that you dont need PEDs to be the GOAT.
  • WarWestWarWest Órale VatoPosts: 35,261Free
    It's just Dana throwing his schoolyard temper tantrum again

Quite pathetic really
    The Cal Ripken Of GSP hatin'
    Arch Bishop Of Anti-GSP
    The Stockton Hater
    209's So Fine
  • LeitingLeiting Posts: 4,277Free
    A Hall of Famer, banned from even buying a ticket? Which by the way, unless they have legally obtained a restraining order, you can't stop a man from getting a ticket to see any event he wants - so that seems insanely pathetic for Dana to even begin to claim. But even if he did somehow do this, what horrible disgrace has he done to so draw the ire of Dana White?

Oh, he went to another company who was offering him more money? Yeah, blowing up and saying he has no respect for a guy who not a single other person on the planet has ever called less than a consummate professional seem reasonable. I feel guilty every time I watch a UFC event now, almost as if I am somehow giving Dana, this reptile in human skin, more money and more authority to shoot his mouth off. Dana White is to MMA as Don King was to boxing - except not even Don King could kill the sport, Dana just might yet.
    "God speed, and party on!" -Bas Rutten
  • SilentDogoodSilentDogood Posts: 237Free
    edited February 2013
    Gabri1985 said:

I would be more inclined to believe Dana about Couture always had a feeling he wasn't what he liked to make out on camera just get the feeling he is a bit of a fake.

this is business beefs, couture didnt have his name with the ufc game and was with EA, then after the couture big nog fight, he and dana white became cool again, then their beef is back up.
    Couture was voted fighter of the decade because of how he carries himself in the octagon and out of it
    Post edited by SilentDogood on
  • LeitingLeiting Posts: 4,277Free
    TUF1 said:

Leiting said:

A Hall of Famer, banned from even buying a ticket? Which by the way, unless they have legally obtained a restraining order, you can't stop a man from getting a ticket to see any event he wants - so that seems insanely pathetic for Dana to even begin to claim. But even if he did somehow do this, what horrible disgrace has he done to so draw the ire of Dana White?

Oh, he went to another company who was offering him more money? Yeah, blowing up and saying he has no respect for a guy who not a single other person on the planet has ever called less than a consummate professional seem reasonable. I feel guilty every time I watch a UFC event now, almost as if I am somehow giving Dana, this reptile in human skin, more money and more authority to shoot his mouth off. Dana White is to MMA as Don King was to boxing - except not even Don King could kill the sport, Dana just might yet.

it's just the nature of the business man. He's no worse than most promoters and definitely not worse than this man.

i agree Dana is going to far but nobody is thinking about it from the UFC's perspective. Couture doesn't need the money. It's basically a big **** you from Randy signing with Bellator. You have to think their are some other motives there for him to try to build up a league competing against the UFC.
    Who are you or I to speculate if Couture needs more money. Ex wives, children, running his own gym, spending most of his career fighting when even top name stars didn't make nearly as much as they do now. Professional athletes have a pretty small window of opportunity to make their money before it's slammed shut. Now, Randy lasted a very long time as a top draw, but undoubtable his best earning days are over. Is it so bad to assume he's likely grown accustom to a certain style of living, and now that his fight days are over, he's not quite willing to let go of that?

Let's take the fact we know about Dana and Randy out of the equation. A man works as a salesman for an office supply store. He is touted by the president of the company as the greatest salesman, given employee of the year type honors, and is inducted into the salesman hall of fame - then the salesman decides to go work for a competing company. not even as a salesman, but in some meaningless middle management position. Suddenly the president goes out of his way to try and tarnish the resume and legacy of the salesman? What Randy is doing isn't unique or somehow horrible, people do this kind of thing all the time. Dana White is a promoter so we allow his behavior, but if Dana White were president of an office supply store, Randy could literally sue (and very likely win) with a defamation of character lawsuit.

To say "it's just the nature of the business" is not justification for this kind of behavior. Other promoters might be as bad or worse, but just because the average measuring stick is set low, doesn't absolve the guilt of people who's behavior is so disrespectful.
    "God speed, and party on!" -Bas Rutten
  • UDONNOUDONNO Posts: 519Free
    Very interesting thread, I did not know any of this!!! Anyone have any LINKS as to where I can read more about this?
  • 12er12er Moms basementPosts: 15,181Free
    Leiting said:

TUF1 said:

Leiting said:

it's just the nature of the business man. He's no worse than most promoters and definitely not worse than this man.

i agree Dana is going to far but nobody is thinking about it from the UFC's perspective. Couture doesn't need the money. It's basically a big **** you from Randy signing with Bellator. You have to think their are some other motives there for him to try to build up a league competing against the UFC.
    Who are you or I to speculate if Couture needs more money. Ex wives, children, running his own gym, spending most of his career fighting when even top name stars didn't make nearly as much as they do now. Professional athletes have a pretty small window of opportunity to make their money before it's slammed shut. Now, Randy lasted a very long time as a top draw, but undoubtable his best earning days are over. Is it so bad to assume he's likely grown accustom to a certain style of living, and now that his fight days are over, he's not quite willing to let go of that?

Let's take the fact we know about Dana and Randy out of the equation. A man works as a salesman for an office supply store. He is touted by the president of the company as the greatest salesman, given employee of the year type honors, and is inducted into the salesman hall of fame - then the salesman decides to go work for a competing company. not even as a salesman, but in some meaningless middle management position. Suddenly the president goes out of his way to try and tarnish the resume and legacy of the salesman? What Randy is doing isn't unique or somehow horrible, people do this kind of thing all the time. Dana White is a promoter so we allow his behavior, but if Dana White were president of an office supply store, Randy could literally sue (and very likely win) with a defamation of character lawsuit.

To say "it's just the nature of the business" is not justification for this kind of behavior. Other promoters might be as bad or worse, but just because the average measuring stick is set low, doesn't absolve the guilt of people who's behavior is so disrespectful.
    Its a little over the top to claim Randy's best earning days are behind him. I imagine he made millions for the expendables movies.
  • sobercorrupTRTsobercorrupTRT SobercorrupTRTPosts: 26,138Moderator, Ultimate
    I hate Randy ... I've hated Randy since before the Tito-spanking ... I hate my old roommate's girlfriend who used to talk about "We like Randy Couture in our family" .... I hate his **** face and his chiclet teeth ...

But Dana is just being "sour grapes" for sure
    imageimageimageimageimage < -- click one
  • edh1edh1 Posts: 1,009Free
    Gabri1985 said:

I SEEM TO REMEMBER RAMPAGE CALLING COUTURE A FAKE A WHILE BACK.I HEARD IT A COUPLE TIMES NOW.HEY MOST OF THE TIME THE UFC INVENTS THESE CHARACTERS FOR US,AND WITH RANDY A LOT OF PEOPLE BOUGHT THE CAPTAIN AMERICA B.S. MAYBE DANA GOES HOME AND WATCHES THE MACHIDA KO IN SLOW MOTION TO SETTLE DOWN.WHEN RANDY COUTURE PICKS FIGHTS HE ALMOST ALWAYS PICKS THE SUPERIOR WRESTLER TO WIN---JUST SOMETHING I NOTICED
  • SteelerNation43SteelerNation43 Posts: 13,834Free

"Frank Shamrock is a d--k," White said. "Frank Shamrock literally never shuts up. He's always popping off about something. He's always got something stupid to say." ---Dana White, while popping off and saying something stupid.

http://www.mmajunkie.com/news/2013/02/dana-white-outlines-randy-couture-issue-says-ryan-couture-will-fight-for-ufc

Also:

"Frank Shamrock came out with a statement the other day and wants to fight me. You know what I mean? Give me a f---ing break. The guy is a clown. I just have no respect for Frank Shamrock. That's the difference. Couture, I don't respect him at all – not even a little bit..."

This second section reminds me of Rick James: "See, I never just did things just to do them. Come on, what am I gonna do? Just all of a sudden jump up and grind my feet on somebody's couch like it's something to do? Come on. I got a little more sense then that. Yeah, I remember grinding my feet on Eddie's couch."

those are 2 separate quotes so there's prob some context we're missing here.
  • edh1edh1 Posts: 1,009Free
    DANA GETS SO RILED UP SOMETIMES IT'S HARD TO KNOW WHAT TO BELIEVE.
    Bandura said:

Seriously, isn't it a little {mod edit} up to ban a man's father from seeing him fight? I saw Friggin' JWow in the audience last night but a former 5 time champion (6 if you count the interim belt he won from Liddell, which no one does), who also happens to have a HOF spot and a gym that features a butt-ton of UFC alent can't show up cageside. I usually don't get too mad a DW but what the flying monkey {mod edit}

DANA GETS SO DAMN PETTY SOMETIMES ,IT'S AN UGLY SIDE OF HIM.IN WOULD LOVE TO SEE THE FIGHTERS PUSH TO UNIONIZE
  • JohnnyZadarJohnnyZadar Posts: 9,545Free
    Douchebaggery strikes another blow...
    Leiting said:

+1 P4P poster

I think Dana's problem is that Randy was supposed to do another event with them and FOX and then he just went and signed with Bellator/Another Network and lied about it to Dana.

I don't understand how he could sign with someone else whilst under contract though.
  • Randy's been divorced quite a bit of times and wasn't really their for his kids like randy's dad wasn't really their for him. I'm sure dana isnt lieing about Randy.
  • UncleScaryUncleScary Posts: 8Elite

Also:

Ummmm...did you follow the link and read the article...blame the author, or....imagine a crazy alternate present where Dana got so mad he pulled a Rick James.
    Dana: "Frank Shamrock came out with a statement the other day and wants to fight me. You know what I mean? Give me a f---ing break. The guy is a clown. I just have no respect for Frank Shamrock. That's the difference. Couture, I don't respect him at all – not even a little bit..."

Rick James: "See, I never just did things just to do them. Come on, what am I gonna do? Just all of a sudden jump up and grind my feet on somebody's couch like it's something to do? Come on. I got a little more sense then that. Yeah, I remember grinding my feet on Eddie's couch."
  • classicboxerclassicboxer Posts: 12,039Free

I hate Randy ... I've hated Randy since before the Tito-spanking ... I hate my old roommate's girlfriend who used to talk about "We like Randy Couture in our family" .... I hate his **** face and his chiclet teeth ...

But Dana is just being "sour grapes" for sure

That sounds like someone working for Zuffa.
    Oakland, CA: Raiders, A's, Warriors

Also:

Ummmm...did you follow the link and read the article...blame the author, or....imagine a crazy alternate present where Dana got so mad he pulled a Rick James.
    I actually watched the scrum and heard it straight from him. It wasn't as your making it seem.

Again it was all in the context.
    If what Dana is saying is true i don't blame him at all.

Seemed very scummy of Couture to do what he did.