The Reem will fight on

ButtonsButtons Posts: 1,208Free
So.. What i feared most happened... Ubereem lost to Bigfoot and suddenly there is a hole at the top of the HW division..

So.. as a fan of The Reem and of the HW division in general i would like to share my analysis of what when wrong... and where to go next..

There is no question that Allistairs lack of defence was a huge reason he got clipped by Bigfoot and unable to recover before Bigfoots folloups started to smack his brain into mush.. If Allistar had kept a good guard and kept his hands over his waist he might have been booked for a title shot now..
But also.. lets not take away from Bigfoot that he did what 99% of al fighters are unable to do.. He went bezerk when he knew he would loose and let his giant hand go.. I said this after Okami lost to Boetch also: Any fighter that has been controlled and smacked for two rounds should go for broke and let their hands fly.. Bigfoots agressivness after two rounds of being passive did probably surprise allistair a lot..
And combined by the freakish power any 265 pound man can generate, Bigfoot showed me why i love the HW division more than any other division; because the fight aint over until the last punch has been thrown

Gongrats to Silva for showing heart and proving he is top 3-7 at least..

So what now?

Bigfoot needs to get someonw who are on a winning streak..
Gonzaga is a possible fight.. It would be a superfight if it was in a Brazil card..

Since there is no real 1st contender any more, my guess is that Werdum will get a title shot if he destroys Big Nog...

The question everyone really wants an answer for is what is next for The Reem... There are actually two options for him.. and it all sums up to what the UFC wants.. The easy solution is to give him some random HW to get a easy win (My guess is that The Reem will go back to being Ubereem in his next fight, to prove this was a fluke).. It is hard to guess who he will get in this case, but a fight with Berry would probably be a cash machine for the UFC...
The other option is that the UFC wants to keep Allistair as a top3 HW and match him with JDS next.. That fight would be insane, and would be be marketable like snow in Sahara..Also after KOing JDS he would again be the 1st contender, needing only one more win to get a title shot..
The again, if JDS would win the Reem would be like Nelson... To good for the "bulk" of the division, but not able to earn a shot a the title...

For me there is nothing i would like more than a JDS vs Reem fight. And if hope, pray and expect teh Reem to win and win impressivly

Quote:

I love the Reem

Comments

• carnages41carnages41 Posts: 36,402Free
    Reem will be black very soon

gaurenteed
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last one to post wins- Winner
    UFC Forum Fight Camp- Winner
    UFC PREDICTIONS TOURNAMENT 5 - unofficial winner
  • PhilPfisterPhilPfister Posts: 2Free
    Overeem just looked slow all night. Even when he was winning he looked nothing like the 2010 version. He seems to be getting slower every fight nowadays. I don't really think it's the muscle but maybe switching from holland & thailand to lounging on the beach in Miami played a factor. Either way he blew it on his own. But bigfoot's the one who stayed in it so props to him.
  • TheOvereemTheOvereem Posts: 8,997Free
    :(............

Had a bad feeling all week about the fight, Overeem overlooked Bigfoot for sure, great job by Silva though!
    The only reason I can think reem had his hands so low was to stop any potential takedowns by Bigfoot, he should of just implemented his striking game from the start and tried to blast Silva.. baffled by his gameplan really.

I'd like to see him fight JDS next, no need to worry about the takedown there, and hopefully he'll actually keep his hands up and throw some hooks, leg kicks etc.

Bigfoot should get his rematch with Cain, everyone else is booked so let's see if he can shock the world yet again!

Reem will be back! Genuinely think this loss is what he needed, humbling experience for sure

Overeem - Shogun - Mousasi - Manuwa - Bisping - Manhoef - Watson - Daley - Hardy - B.Henderson - McGregor - Pickett

Train by day, Joe Rogan Podcast by night, all day!

I am an idiot for thinking GSP could finish the P4P GOAT Nick Diaz within 5 rounds

• edh1edh1 Posts: 965Free
    REEM BUILT THIS BIG MASSIVE FRAME,BUT REALLY IT'S NOT A FIGHTERS PHYSIQUE.IT'S CLEARLY INTIMIDATING BUT HE WAS SO MUCH QUICKER BEFORE HE PUT ON ALL THE WEIGHT ,AND HIS CARDIO HAS SUFFERED ALSO.THE BOOKS OUT ON REEM ,HE HAS A QUESTIONABLE CHIN,AND HE'S EASY TO BREAK ONCE PUT UNDER PRESSURE.EVERT TIME A FIGHTER GETS STOPPED IT TAKES SOMETHING OUT OF HIM,WELL REEM HAS BEEN KO'D /TKO'D 8 TIMES NOW.YES USUALLY AGAINST TOP COMPETITION. The fight against big foot was a very slow paced fight ,and Reem was tired.AGAINST CAIN HE'D BE EXHAUSTED BEFORE THE END OF THE 1ST.AND HE IS WAY TOO SLOW FOR JUNIOR,AND IF THEY BRAWL WE ALL KNOW WHO HAS THE BETTER CHIN.REEM WILL BE BACK ,BUT HE WILL BE KISSING THE CANVAS AGAINST THE DIVISIONS ELITE
  • PunchBagPunchBag Posts: 7,862Free
    lol reem is a can
    "Believe in the beard"
    I bet against THE KING and he smashed my little gonads into oblivion

• ButtonsButtons Posts: 1,208Free

Overeem just looked slow all night. Even when he was winning he looked nothing like the 2010 version. He seems to be getting slower every fight nowadays. I don't really think it's the muscle but maybe switching from holland & thailand to lounging on the beach in Miami played a factor. Either way he blew it on his own. But bigfoot's the one who stayed in it so props to him.

I completly agree that Reem2013 seem slower an less energized than Reem2010.. I rewatched the Duffie and Rogers fights and then compared to the lesnar fight.. There is a huge difference in how The Reem blasts his oponents.. Then looking at the Bigfoot fight, it is clear that The Reem is slowing down.. Or maybe it is just the competition that is better.. who knows..

Quote:

I love the Reem
  • NikkiNeversleepNikkiNeversleep ChicagoPosts: 5,036Free
    He got cocky toyed with Bigfoot and got KO'd. There short and simple.
  • sobercorruptsobercorrupt Sobercorrupt Posts: 25,780Moderator, Ultimate

my butthurt is epic
    imageimageimageimageimage < -- click one

I am an idiot for thinking GSP could finish the P4P GOAT Nick Diaz within 5 rounds
  • come_at_mecome_at_me Posts: 502Registered Users
    I say make Silva vs Cain 2 as there is nobody else. Who knows maybe Bigfoot will make it a closer fight.
  • SistiSisti Posts: 5,314Free
    See, I personally feel that AO is the better fighter. Overeem came into this fight with no fire and no effort. He's facing off against a 300-pound monster who is a black belt in judo and jiu-jitsu. You probably want to take that fight seriously...
  • TheUnicornTheUnicorn Posts: 493Free
    Can't wait to see Reems return
    HW- Pat Barry

LHW- Maldonado, Diabate

MW- Chris Leben, Vitor

WW- Nick Diaz

LW- Nate Diaz, Varner

FW- Bart P

BW- Eddie Wineland

Flyweight- Louis Gaudinot

Sigbet record 2-1
  • TahuneTahune Posts: 1,890Free
    Buttons said:

So.. What i feared most happened... Ubereem lost to Bigfoot and suddenly there is a hole at the top of the HW division..

So.. as a fan of The Reem and of the HW division in general i would like to share my analysis of what when wrong... and where to go next..

There is no question that Allistairs lack of defence was a huge reason he got clipped by Bigfoot and unable to recover before Bigfoots folloups started to smack his brain into mush.. If Allistar had kept a good guard and kept his hands over his waist he might have been booked for a title shot now..
    But also.. lets not take away from Bigfoot that he did what 99% of al fighters are unable to do.. He went bezerk when he knew he would loose and let his giant hand go.. I said this after Okami lost to Boetch also: Any fighter that has been controlled and smacked for two rounds should go for broke and let their hands fly.. Bigfoots agressivness after two rounds of being passive did probably surprise allistair a lot..
    And combined by the freakish power any 265 pound man can generate, Bigfoot showed me why i love the HW division more than any other division; because the fight aint over until the last punch has been thrown

Gongrats to Silva for showing heart and proving he is top 3-7 at least..

So what now?

Bigfoot needs to get someonw who are on a winning streak..
    Gonzaga is a possible fight.. It would be a superfight if it was in a Brazil card..

Since there is no real 1st contender any more, my guess is that Werdum will get a title shot if he destroys Big Nog...

The question everyone really wants an answer for is what is next for The Reem... There are actually two options for him.. and it all sums up to what the UFC wants.. The easy solution is to give him some random HW to get a easy win (My guess is that The Reem will go back to being Ubereem in his next fight, to prove this was a fluke).. It is hard to guess who he will get in this case, but a fight with Berry would probably be a cash machine for the UFC...
    The other option is that the UFC wants to keep Allistair as a top3 HW and match him with JDS next.. That fight would be insane, and would be be marketable like snow in Sahara..Also after KOing JDS he would again be the 1st contender, needing only one more win to get a title shot..
    The again, if JDS would win the Reem would be like Nelson... To good for the "bulk" of the division, but not able to earn a shot a the title...

For me there is nothing i would like more than a JDS vs Reem fight. And if hope, pray and expect teh Reem to win and win impressivly

Gonzaga v Bigfoot? :)
    Really!?
    Grover- Future LHW champ!
    barnett vs bigfoot for title fight
    "Believe in the beard"

edited February 2013

Can't wait to see Reems return

bet he wont be dancing to the cage next time...

Post edited by PunchBag on
    "Believe in the beard"

• TahuneTahune Posts: 1,890Free
    I wonder had he been fighting JDS instead of bigfoot, Do you think he still would of performed in the same manner?
    He spouted off a lot about Junior before he got suspended.
    Do you think Overeem started to believe his own hype?. The whole "I'm the elite K1 striking monster, I can treat anyone who doesn't have my pedigree of striking with disdain"
    Grover- Future LHW champ!
  • SistiSisti Posts: 5,314Free
    Tahune said:

Do you think Overeem started to believe his own hype?. The whole "I'm the elite K1 striking monster, I can treat anyone who doesn't have my pedigree of striking with disdain"

definitely started believing his own hype

the guy had a fire in him after his losses and trained his **** off (juice or not, not that many people could get to that size and that level of striking where they dominate K-1 like he did). he started getting conceited, so much so that he treated a top 5 HW of the world lightly. well, there's a lesson to all of us, don't take anyone lightly
  • bluesybluesy Posts: 2,843Free
    I don't even think it was overconfidence; something was just way off. He didn't wanna strike clean from the get-go. Instead, he clinched and started throwing knees that did no real damage. He looked like one of those guys who are scared of striking and wanna wall-n-stall their way to victory. He became even more retarded once Bigfoot landed some clean shots on him. Instead of trying to defend himself or get away, he stood right in front of him with his hands down like he forgot that he has a glass chin.

I have absolutely no idea what his gameplan was in this fight, but he got everything backwards. He clinched when he should have fought from his range with kicks and then resorted to showboating when he got clipped. This fight should be studied by all up-and-comers to illustrate how to fight like an uber-clown. Reem is probably the dumbest elite fighter on the UFC roster.
  • NikkiNeversleepNikkiNeversleep ChicagoPosts: 5,036Free

my butthurt is epic
    I honestly had him picked to win, but it didn't bother me seeing Bigfoot take it lol. Overeem got what he deserved for toying with Bigfoot instead of going for the kill like he could've multiple times in round 1 and round 2. He was too tired by round 3 to do anything and he paid for it.
  • He got cocky toyed with Bigfoot and got KO'd. There short and simple.

my butthurt is epic
    I honestly had him picked to win, but it didn't bother me seeing Bigfoot take it lol. Overeem got what he deserved for toying with Bigfoot instead of going for the kill like he could've multiple times in round 1 and round 2. He was too tired by round 3 to do anything and he paid for it.
    Hi Nikki :)
  • bluesybluesy Posts: 2,843Free

my butthurt is epic
    He had no opening to "go for the kill." Some people are making it seem like Alistair could have taken him out if he wanted to, but he wouldn't even stand with Bigfoot properly. He tried, but he couldn't hit him clean and seemed hesitant, so he clinched like a coward and did NO damage. Uberknees apparently don't make it to the show when he's not jacked on Testostereem. He just wall-n-stalled until he got a takedown, after which we saw how useless and virtually non-existent his GNP is.

Unless he finds a way to go back on the juice, I don't see how this guy can be elite again.