after aldo/edgar, where do you rank aldo p4p-wise

SistiSisti Posts: 5,312Free
I think that was the best fight ever to gauge where aldo is in the p4p rankings. I think the fact that Edgar scored a few rounds (and weighs less) probably makes aldo go down a bit in terms of being in the top of the world p4p-wise

I'd say

1. Silva
2. Jones
3. GSP
4. Cain
5. Aldo
6. Bendo
7. JDS
8. Hendricks
9. Machida
10. Pettis
Tagged:

Comments

• SistiSisti Posts: 5,312Free
    Oh and the reason I put Machida and Pettis in there is because they fight in their natural weight class. Machida walks around at about 202 and Pettis walks around at about 155, which gives them extra points in the p4p discussion
  • FroZeNFroZeN Posts: 4,762Free
    IMO Aldo should be higher. Edgars beat some of the best of the best and Aldo made that fight look easy for the most part.
    OFFICIAL UFC FORUM BLACKBELT
    FroZeN said:

IMO Aldo should be higher. Edgars beat some of the best of the best and Aldo made that fight look easy for the most part.

top 5 p4p is tricky these days (even top 6 if you consider how good bendo has been). i could see why someone would put aldo ahead of gsp and cain, but also see justification for putting cain above aldo. also, i think silva at number 1 is not at thanks but the fact that silva is getting older makes me believe there's a significant chance he's not the best p4p fighter on the planet right now and would very likely lose if he fought gsp or jones.

anyways, i'd say aldo is 4-6 but wouldn't be crazy if someone said he's number 3
  • SteelerNation43SteelerNation43 Posts: 12,653Free
    There's no way you could rank Cain above Aldo, even before the Edgar fight.

I don't see how everyone doesn't agree that the P4P list is as follows (only exception is JOnes or GSP at the #2 spot)

1. Silva
    2. GSP
    3. Jones
    4. Aldo
    5. Velasquez

I don't see how everyone doesn't agree that the P4P list is as follows (only exception is JOnes or GSP at the #2 spot)

1. Silva
    2. GSP
    3. Jones
    4. Aldo
    5. Velasquez

level of competition cain has beaten vs. level of competition aldo has beaten
  • WarWestWarWest Órale VatoPosts: 33,709Free
    #2 behind Silva
    The Cal Ripken Of GSP hatin'
    Arch Bishop Of Anti-GSP
    The Stockton Hater
    209's So Fine
    Sisti said:

1. Silva
    2. GSP
    3. Jones
    4. Aldo
    5. Velasquez

.....Aldo has fought a larger amount of top competition when Cain has only fought 3 top guys at best and lost to one of them (granted he redeemed himself in the rematch).

However, that still leaves Cain defeated while Aldo is undefeated since becoming a WEC champion.
    WarWest said:

#2 behind Silva

i'd rank it:

1. ryo chonan
    2. anderson silva
    3. luciano azevedo
    4. jose aldo
    5. matt hammill
    6. jon jones
    Cain's last 5 opponents...

JDS X2
    Bigfoot
    Brock
    Big Nog

Aldo's last 5 opp

Sisti said:

1. Silva
    2. GSP
    3. Jones
    4. Aldo
    5. Velasquez

.....Aldo has fought a larger amount of top competition when Cain has only fought 3 top guys at best and lost to one of them (granted he redeemed himself in the rematch).

However, that still leaves Cain defeated while Aldo is undefeated since becoming a WEC champion.
    both have 1 loss tho...you have to admit that the top fighters at HW are way better than the top fighters at FW. also, Cain is beating people that outweigh him and Aldo's beating people he easily outweighs

top 5 are getting closer and closer these days...so many good fighters

i'm really starting to wonder how much longer silva could stay number 1 seeing as tho his last true challenge was 2 years ago (vitor)

i have a feeling this may be the year we finally get a new consensus number 1. i hope not cuz everyone likes silva, but age eventually catches up to people
  • UDONNOUDONNO Posts: 451Free
    1. Silva
    2. Aldo
    3. Jones
    4. GSP
    5. Cain
    Sisti said:

Cain's last 5 opponents...

JDS X2
    Bigfoot
    Brock
    Big Nog

Aldo's last 5 opp

Sisti said:

1. Silva
    2. GSP
    3. Jones
    4. Aldo
    5. Velasquez

both have 1 loss tho...you have to admit that the top fighters at HW are way better than the top fighters at FW. also, Cain is beating people that outweigh him and Aldo's beating people he easily outweighs

top 5 are getting closer and closer these days...so many good fighters

i'm really starting to wonder how much longer silva could stay number 1 seeing as tho his last true challenge was 2 years ago (vitor)

i have a feeling this may be the year we finally get a new consensus number 1. i hope not cuz everyone likes silva, but age eventually catches up to people
    Unless your moving between weight classes weight doesn't mean anything in a p4p list. You know what your getting yourself into by fighting at the weight class you choose to.

Cain's loss is extremely recent as well. You have to give him a chance to reprove himself and get multiple wins before putting him ahead of Aldo.
    and as far as the Silva comment.....your crazy man lol. Okami and SOnnen aren't top competition to him? He almost lost to Sonnen. Okami will forever be a top MW. Imo he's facing tougher competition than when he started (with the exception of Bonnar, but we all know that was a fight just thrown together for the UFC.)
  • WarWestWarWest Órale VatoPosts: 33,709Free
    edited February 2013
    Sisti said:

i'd rank it:

1. ryo chonan
    2. anderson silva
    3. luciano azevedo
    4. jose aldo
    5. matt hammill
    6. jon jones

I would have it

Silva
    Aldo
    Hendo
    Joe B.
    Jones
    Post edited by WarWest on
    The Cal Ripken Of GSP hatin'
    Arch Bishop Of Anti-GSP
    The Stockton Hater
    209's So Fine
  • GSP_over_SilvaGSP_over_Silva Posts: 12,185Free
    1. Silva
    2. GSP
    3. Jones
    4. Mighty Mouse
    5. Bendo
    6. Aldo
    7. Cruz
    8. Cain
    Believe in Beard
  • chonschons Posts: 3,366Free
    I threw up a little bit when I saw Hendricks on that list... really?

Silva
    GSP
    Aldo
    Jones
    Bendo
    The man who never alters his opinion is like standing water, & breeds reptiles of the mind.

• PunchBagPunchBag Posts: 7,804Free
    agree with chons, cant understand how oyu can put cain above aldo, cain hasnt even defended his belt.
    "Believe in the beard"
    I bet against THE KING and he smashed my little gonads into oblivion

• zaksamezaksame Posts: 4,340Free
    edited February 2013
    You need to ask another question,the same one i ask about Silva,how good is his wrestling?If you can't handle wrestling,you are not even a worthy champ ,let alone any p4p rankings.Hominick exposed his lack of wrestling long ago,i am surprised that none of these fighters are smart enough to exploit it further.
    The problem with Edgar is exactly what i knew going in,he fights so one dimensional,he likes to bop and move and throw in some jabs and move some more.His training camp should have been one dimensional.He should have practiced wrestling and more wrestling and come into this fight willing to grapple and wrestle non stop.The more i watch Frankie,the less i feel he is as well rounded as his coach led me to believe.
    Aldo is still a great fighter,although that fight he fought well under his ability.When Aldo is allowed to have an all out stand up fight,he is dynamite.
    Post edited by zaksame on
    Gina Miesha Kyra ...yes please.
  • Benson henderson shouldn't be on the list nor sld Edgar.... They have not given out the beatings to be the best p4p ...........
    (x.X)Q(^.^Q) p4p ....... Weidman is a can......and Pettis will get sodomized by Aldo

What's worst a Frankie Edgar signature tantrum or the amount of butthurt this sig makes for his fanboys?
  • trez1336trez1336 Posts: 642Free
    1 Anderson Silva

2 Bones

3 Aldo

4 Gsp

5 Cain

6 Bendo

7 Pettis

8 Mighty Mouse

9 Cormier (spelling?)

10 Machida
    text
  • creep_bbcreep_bb Posts: 121Free

The top 3 is obvious

This!

JDS Reem Machida Hendo Bones Shogun Rampage Wandy Spider Leben Hardy Rory Daley Diaz bros. Pettis Lauzon J.Miller Pearson Frankie Siver Cub Faber Barao Dodson
  • Yesterdays_HeroYesterdays_Hero Posts: 23,582Free
    TUF1 said:

If anybody says anything but Silva, Jones, GSP, Aldo in that order it's hater or fanboy bias.

I don't think Jones could beat Silva, Aldo or GSP if they were the same size
  • Yesterdays_HeroYesterdays_Hero Posts: 23,582Free
    TUF1 said:

TUF1 said:

If anybody says anything but Silva, Jones, GSP, Aldo in that order it's hater or fanboy bias.

Silva/Jones would be a wash but Bones would wreck both Aldo and GSP. Would nullify Aldo's leg kicks and Georges jab with his long reach and stop Pierre shoot with his wrastlin. Georges equals Sonnen with a jab :>
    He wouldn't have his reach if they were the same size though
  • Hilite1833Hilite1833 Posts: 8Registered Users

TUF1 said:

That's like saying that Jones would beat those 3 if they had the same skill set...kinda irrelevant isn't it? That's part of mma. No 2 fighters are the same.
  • JbrahamsJbrahams Brisbane, AustraliaPosts: 11,775Ultimate
    I think it's clear that

1. Anderson Silva

then 2 and 3 is either GSP or Jones

then 4 or 5 is either Aldo or Velasquez
    UFC Community account: _Josh_
    here's my reasoning on why aldo shouldn't be above cain...

his 3 hardest fights (florian, faber, edgar) all went to decision
    hominick was able to take a round from aldo
    FW is just such a shallow division because of how new it's been a UFC division that the competition there isn't even close to the other 5
    TUF1 said:

holy velasquez overating batman

his KO loss is still too recent for me. Would put Cruz, Bendo, and maybe even MM ahead of Cain. Cain hasn't even defended yet.

I honestly feel like JDS has long been up there with the best in the world but was getting overlooked for a ridiculously long time. A win over JDS is HUUUUUUUGE and, to me, that win should catapult Cain to where he's always realistically been

For Cruz, he's been too inactive and hasn't finished in way too long. Also, he only beat benavidez by split decision. So I wouldn't put him above Cain, but he's close

For MM, he only won 3 of his last 5 and hasn't finished since 2010. There's no way he's above Cain

For Bendo, he had a great year and all but he hasn't finished in a while and he barely squeaked by edgar in the rematch. I'd say he's around Cain's level, but slightly under because there's no one like a JDS in the LW division that he's recently beaten

Cain has 1 loss in his ENTIRE career of fighting top names. And that's to JDS, possibly the best striker in all of MMA, so that's nothing to bad, and he just ended up beating that same guy. Add that to the fact that he just recently ANNHILATED brock, bigfoot, and big nog and you have to say that there's at least a case to put him at the 5 spot
  • HellequinHellequin In my car with the garage door closedPosts: 4,165Free
    Silva
    GSP
    Jones
    Aldo

So #4, but P4P is such a stupid concept imo.
  • MMA_FTWMMA_FTW Co-Owner of the UFCPosts: 6,818Free
    Aldo is the P4P 2nd or 3rd best fighter in the UFC.
    "Game recognize game and you lookin' kinda unfamiliar right now. I - I can't... Where's Granddad? Can I help you, sir?"
  • PunchBagPunchBag Posts: 7,804Free
    p4p means the same size as in height and weight
    "Believe in the beard"
    I bet against THE KING and he smashed my little gonads into oblivion