Overeem vs. JDS should not happen

BruteDionBruteDion Posts: 10,499Free
More like it should not be ALLOWED to happen YET and here's why

Rankings-
JDS was the former champ who had the best win streak over the best guys the HW divison has seen in years...his number one ranking was universal and could not be disputed....then he lost to Cain...a great HW aswell who now is the current king....JDS number #2 ranking now can not be disputed

While Overeem was thought to be a top 3 guy...but there was some haters out there who believed his past few years against the less talented level of fighter outside the ufc should not let him be so high (for the record I had him at 3)....so his ranking was not universal really...and now with his loss to BigFoot he maybe out of the Top 5 who knows....but with BigFoots win over travis Brown who is top 10 and then win over Overeem he should be a top 5er himself...maune leapfroging Overeem...if Overeem is indeed outside the top 5 now he should not don't JDS...a top 5 former champ just removed should only have fights against another top 5er so both partys have a better claim at a title shot (how much do u hate it when former champs or title contender get an easier fight be4 a shot at the title again....cough uriah faber)

Attitude-
JDS is a pretty nice guy who never disrespects the guy he's facing or talked trash prefight or in the ring?...he a real humble dude?...Overeem had his chance to fight JDS but what did he do?...he pissed hot...got suspended and when he comes back he disrespects BigFoot both prefight (which is ok really) and in the ring which is not ok...and he got what was coming to him...he acted much like A.Silva and Nick Diaz...only difference is both silva and diaz don't let that get in the way of thier effectiveness on the ring which is the true sin bout it

Title shot-
I dont like anyone being fast tracked to a title shot...even if i am a fan. Let's say Overeem does fight JDS and wins...how.could u not give him a shot at Cain?....but he would only be 1-1 in his last two...not really title shot material and add in the fact no one thinks bigfoot will have a shot by then, how does that seem right?

Marketing-
This is the weakest of my argument....this fight is a easy to market fight...but both are riding a lose....its a far more intresting fight and would get more buys if both are on the up...would you want to see Silva vs. GSP if silva just got koed and GSP just got grinder out...or when both are riding wins like now?

Let's wait til both are winning and are closer ranked is what i want

Oh and overeem fans I'm still with you...Overeem will be back and I hope more humble....I think overeem can still beay jds more times then not...but his actions as of late should not earn him the right to fight a higher ranked guy then what he just lost to

Overeem should fight a lower ranked top10 guy first or someone on a good streak

Travis Browne....Shane Carwin when coming back....Werdum...Gonzaga....i would all like to see fight Overeem

Well those are.just my thoughts on it...how do u feel bout the match up and if it should happen or not
Sig record
40-21

Owner Of Forum Souls: Bright508620 - MMAFAN001 - CRAZYNOONGAH

What do you get when you take A.Silva's clinch game + Mark Hunt's Iron Chin + Mushy Lady Parts?

A: Cat Zingano....the UFC's true #1 women's contender

< img src =photo BD2_zps23b2f3d9.jpg>

Comments

• BanutuBanutu Posts: 619Free
    Shane Carwin at 40 will ground and pound him until he taps to those strikes
    Werdum will probably lay n'pray at him to get on the ground
    Gonzaga: AO will overlook him and will miserably get knocked out and dana will call for his retirement.
    Travis Browne would probably get injured in the fight and Overeem would win.
  • BruteDionBruteDion Posts: 10,499Free
    When has carwin last gnped anyone?...dudes talented and a damn hard fight with anyone...but on the ground Overeem is the better fighter his subs would end carwin I would think

Werdum is a close one

A ground game plan Gonzaga is a tough fight

I have been wanting to see Browne/Overeem for a long time now
    Sig record
    40-21

Owner Of Forum Souls: Bright508620 - MMAFAN001 - CRAZYNOONGAH

What do you get when you take A.Silva's clinch game + Mark Hunt's Iron Chin + Mushy Lady Parts?

A: Cat Zingano....the UFC's true #1 women's contender

< img src =photo BD2_zps23b2f3d9.jpg>
  • NewGuy2000NewGuy2000 Posts: 1,618Free
    Good point - that's why I'm advocating for Hunt or Struve to have the next shot at Cain.
  • Little_KangLittle_Kang Posts: 17,811Moderator, Ultimate
    I agree.

IMHO Id say this as the following three main title fights
    jds vs hunt if he beats struve
    reem vs nelson
    cain vs barnett

if hunt loses and dc beats mir then jds vs dc
    imageimage
  • sdboltzsdboltz Posts: 733Free
    I am a huge Reem fan. But, after this fight he does not deserve JDS. Not yet, give him winner of Struve/Hunt, JDS to fight Big Foot, Cain will have to wait since hes not willing to fight Cormier.
    Sig bet record 18-4

Team REEM!!!
  • FroZeNFroZeN Posts: 4,762Free
    Your title shot point can just get thrown out of the window. Dana White giving lightweights title shots against guys in lower weight classes and giving Sonnen the fight with Jon Jones is tarnishing the legitimacy of the sport. I wouldn't be surprised if this fight was set up and the winner leaped over Bigfoot in the division.

That said, I am pumped for Aldo/Pettis, just sucks for KZ and the other guys.
    OFFICIAL UFC FORUM BLACKBELT
  • TheOvereemTheOvereem Posts: 8,997Free
    All depends how long Cain wants off I guess, if he wants to get straight back into it I can see the UFC giving Bigfoot a rematch, I'd rather see that than Cain/JDS 3 so soon. Shame Cain and Cormier probably wont ever fight.
    No idea who should be next for Reem...

Overeem - Shogun - Mousasi - Manuwa - Bisping - Manhoef - Watson - Daley - Hardy - B.Henderson - McGregor - Pickett

Train by day, Joe Rogan Podcast by night, all day!

I am an idiot for thinking GSP could finish the P4P GOAT Nick Diaz within 5 rounds

• JDS_over_REEMJDS_over_REEM <This.Posts: 3,285Free
    Brute, You and Me go way back, so I'm not going to make a big deal out of this.

But JDS/REEM needs to happen, there is bad blood. Everyone I've talked to wants to see this fight.

It's good stylistically and it shouldn't be too hard to market with all the trash talk these two have traded.

Don't worry about Reem winnning and getting an undeserved title shot. He couldn't beat JDS 3 round fight, let alone a 5 round fight.
    This^

thank you @Tiger_Champion for the JoR tags.
  • WarWestWarWest Órale VatoPosts: 33,826Free
    **** that

It needs to happen and it needs to happen now!!!!!

Or at least when Reem comes out of coma
    The Cal Ripken Of GSP hatin'
    Arch Bishop Of Anti-GSP
    The Stockton Hater
    209's So Fine
  • Beloved89Beloved89 Posts: 215Free
    I agree that he doesn't deserve it but MAN I want to see Junior KO Overeem big time!
    WAR CIGANO!!

Cain is far superior to Big Foot, and so is Spartacus_ to me. I should not bet against the undefeated GOAT poster.
  • JohnnyZadarJohnnyZadar Posts: 8,936Free
    JDS vs Overeem,Cormier,Barnett,Hunt...it really doesnt matter...just get my boy CIGANO back in the cage asap B-)
  • Reem deserves every inch of a beat down he has coming from JDS, ths fight has to happen they both on losing streaks both "thought be top 2" before Cain and Bigfoot spoiled the party so realistically they both need a win to come back to title talks and please the fans want this fight more then the fans want jones vs sonnen.
    (x.X)Q(^.^Q) p4p ....... Weidman is a can......and Pettis will get sodomized by Aldo

What's worst a Frankie Edgar signature tantrum or the amount of butthurt this sig makes for his fanboys?
  • BasRuttenBasRutten Posts: 164Registered Users
    Maybe it is to soon, but on the other hand there aren't many fighters at HW who can give Overeem a good fight. Not taking anything away from Big Foot but I don't seem him doing very well in a rematch. Only ones that have a shot are JDS, Cain (if he can get him to the ground) and Cormier.
  • GN_FDUGN_FDU Posts: 3,820Free
    BasRutten said:

Maybe it is to soon, but on the other hand there aren't many fighters at HW who can give Overeem a good fight. Not taking anything away from Big Foot but I don't seem him doing very well in a rematch. Only ones that have a shot are JDS, Cain (if he can get him to the ground) and Cormier.

The true Bas?

GN_FDU said:

BasRutten said:

The true Bas?

of course...Rogans next...
  • carnages41carnages41 Posts: 36,387Free
    Agreed

Reem would destroy him, it would be hard to see such a nice guy like JDS get destroyed
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last one to post wins- Winner
    UFC Forum Fight Camp- Winner
    UFC PREDICTIONS TOURNAMENT 5 - unofficial winner
  • Agreed

Reem would destroy him, it would be hard to see such a nice guy like JDS get destroyed

My online sarcasm detector crashed when it read this post.
    (x.X)Q(^.^Q) p4p ....... Weidman is a can......and Pettis will get sodomized by Aldo

What's worst a Frankie Edgar signature tantrum or the amount of butthurt this sig makes for his fanboys?

Agreed

=))
  • Agreed

=))
    Yeah I thought as much it was just as funny as junglebirds post about #1 Pettis fan that or him banned. lol one of the funnier days reading this forum

• PunchBagPunchBag Posts: 7,862Free
    edited February 2013
    barnett vs big foot for the number 1 ocntender

overeem vs jds for the next contender

have to give carnages respect though, must be hard routing for the cans with no cardio all the time.
    Post edited by PunchBag on
    "Believe in the beard"
    I bet against THE KING and he smashed my little gonads into oblivion

• JimmyYOJimmyYO Posts: 1,234Free
    Like many fighters who get busted for PED's Reem was proven trash shortly after. Maybe never good to begin with nor deserving of any past achievement. Welcome to everything that comes along with cheating.

Sig Bet Record: 10-1