"Superfight"

WarWestWarWest Órale VatoPosts: 33,826Free
edited February 2013 in UFC
http://www.mmajunkie.com/news/2013/02/superfight-year-in-the-ufc-depends-on-your-definition

The amount of in your face truth and common sense in that story is frightening ^^^

Best story I have seen MMAJunkie post in a long time

Please discuss
Post edited by WarWest on
The Cal Ripken Of GSP hatin'
Arch Bishop Of Anti-GSP
The Stockton Hater
209's So Fine
Tagged:

Comments

• Za1994Za1994 Posts: 3,188Free
    'TD;DR' ;)
    Been on the Anthony "Showtime" Pettis train since day one. No questions asked. Showtime Attack Force Too Strong.
    http://forums.ufcfightclub.com/discussion/139486/i-see-it-now-anthony-showtime-pettis-will-go-down-as-the-goat/p1
    Represent Roufusport:
    Milwaukee, Wisconsin. 414 Reppin' the Mil
    UFC 164 Milwaukee, WI
  • WarWestWarWest Órale VatoPosts: 33,826Free
    MilesGunn said:

Troof

Right!?

That article blew me away

Not the subject itself but also the way it was written

Awesome
    Arch Bishop Of Anti-GSP
    The Stockton Hater
    209's So Fine
  • Very well written.
    (x.X)Q(^.^Q) p4p ....... Weidman is a can......and Pettis will get sodomized by Aldo

What's worst a Frankie Edgar signature tantrum or the amount of butthurt this sig makes for his fanboys?
  • MilesGunnMilesGunn Posts: 3,633Registered Users
    WarWest said:

MilesGunn said:

Troof

Right!?

Awesome
    Yup dude knows his ****.
  • TheOvereemTheOvereem Posts: 8,997Free
    Ben Fowlkes is P4P!

Overeem - Shogun - Mousasi - Manuwa - Bisping - Manhoef - Watson - Daley - Hardy - B.Henderson - McGregor - Pickett

Train by day, Joe Rogan Podcast by night, all day!

I am an idiot for thinking GSP could finish the P4P GOAT Nick Diaz within 5 rounds

edited February 2013
    MilesGunn said:

WarWest said:

MilesGunn said:

Troof

Right!?

Awesome
    Yup dude knows his ****.
    I would just about bet the house that they try to pump up Diaz/GSP as a "Superfight" too LoL
    Post edited by WarWest on
    Arch Bishop Of Anti-GSP
    The Stockton Hater
    209's So Fine

Ben Fowlkes is P4P!

I don't know much about the dude

But that article is definitely p4p
    Arch Bishop Of Anti-GSP
    The Stockton Hater
    209's So Fine
  • JunglebirdJunglebird Posts: 9,741Free
    Great article
    FEB. 2010
    Anderson Silva: Proof that you dont need PEDs to be the GOAT.
  • Ben Fowlkes is p4p the best writer

His podcast is awesome too
  • bluesybluesy Posts: 2,843Free
    edited February 2013
    It's really just a useless article in the long run. Guys like Ben need to fulfill their quota with fluff pieces discussing nothing of importance so the website can continue to generate unimpressive hits. Who else but **** retentive fanboys, with no life outside their geek obsession with the UFC, really care what they decide to market as a superfight? A superfight can be whatever you **** want it to be, you don't have to get all butthurt because the company is using it as a tool to hype big cross-division matchups.

GSP vs. Anderson or Anderson vs. Jones will be billed as "champion vs. champion." Surely, they can't take THAT away from you. Oh, the injustice! Get a goddamn life.
    Post edited by bluesy on

Ben Fowlkes is p4p the best writer

His podcast is awesome too

I like his writing style but I'm only basing that off of this article

I don't know if I've read any of his other ones

Arch Bishop Of Anti-GSP
    The Stockton Hater
    209's So Fine
  • JunglebirdJunglebird Posts: 9,741Free
    bluesy said:

It's really just a useless article in the long run. Guys like Ben need to fulfill their quota with fluff pieces discussing nothing of importance so the website can continue to generate unimpressive hits. Who else but **** retentive fanboys, with no life outside their geek obsession with the UFC, really care what they decide to market as a superfight? A superfight can be whatever you **** want it to be, you don't have to get all butthurt because the company is using it as a tool to hype big cross-division matchups.

GSP vs. Anderson or Anderson vs. Jones will be billed as "champion vs. champion." Surely, they can't take THAT away from you. Oh, the injustice! Get a goddamn life.

lol you sound way more butthurt than the point the article was trying to make.
    FEB. 2010
    Anderson Silva: Proof that you dont need PEDs to be the GOAT.
  • bluesybluesy Posts: 2,843Free

bluesy said:

The subject of butthurt itself would have made for a more interesting article.
    bluesy said:

You seem very angry at the amazingness of that article.....

Awwww poor little baby
    Arch Bishop Of Anti-GSP
    The Stockton Hater
    209's So Fine

bluesy said:

Right!? Lmao

He seems to needs his diaper changed
    Arch Bishop Of Anti-GSP
    The Stockton Hater
    209's So Fine
  • JbrahamsJbrahams Brisbane, AustraliaPosts: 11,783Ultimate
    Good read, I think even I got caught up in the whole superfight thing, but I do believe that Aldo vs Edgar is the closest thing to a superfight since GSP vs Penn, but I agree, there are only a few superfights out there, the UFC will most likely kill the term
    UFC Community account: _Josh_
  • UDONNOUDONNO Posts: 468Free
    bluesy said:

IMO the article was great. What you wrote was useless to be honest. You cried as bad as Edgar, on second thought maybe not that bad.....but dude you have a lot of anger and hate....chill out!
  • Yesterdays_HeroYesterdays_Hero Posts: 23,651Free
    Aldo vs Edgar was definitely a superfight. Champ v Champ. Pettis vs Aldo isn't a superfight but rather a super fight.
  • classicboxerclassicboxer Posts: 11,847Free
    WarWest said:

MilesGunn said:

WarWest said:

MilesGunn said:

Troof

Right!?

Awesome
    Yup dude knows his ****.
    I would just about bet the house that they try to pump up Diaz/GSP as a "Superfight" too LoL
    If you believe Diaz really beat Condit, it IS a superfight.
    Oakland, CA: Raiders, A's, Warriors

WarWest said:

MilesGunn said:

WarWest said:

MilesGunn said:

Troof

Right!?

Awesome
    Yup dude knows his ****.
    If you believe Diaz really beat Condit, it IS a superfight.
    I disagree

If I think he won or not he lost his last fight

Not a "Superfight" in my opinion
    Arch Bishop Of Anti-GSP
    The Stockton Hater
    209's So Fine
  • KOOKORKKOOKORK Posts: 783Free
    I agree with the article . Pettis Vs Aldo is a great match up but not a superfight. Aldo Vs Edgar was not a superfight either.

Aldo Vs Pettis is a Superb fight though.
    It is not about win or lose, it is about heart. Leave all you have in the Octagon and you are a winner in my book.
    JDS, Machida,Sam stout,Bermudez, Dustin Kimura,Roger Huerta
    KOOKORK said:

I agree with the article . Pettis Vs Aldo is a great match up but not a superfight. Aldo Vs Edgar was not a superfight either.

Aldo Vs Pettis is a Superb fight though.

Exactly ^^^
    Arch Bishop Of Anti-GSP
    The Stockton Hater
    209's So Fine
    By the way

Much props and thanks to UFChamp for the sig

You can all thank him for that amazing piece of work also
    Arch Bishop Of Anti-GSP
    The Stockton Hater
    209's So Fine
    Bump
    Arch Bishop Of Anti-GSP
    The Stockton Hater
    209's So Fine
  • great fight but its hard to consider a superfight anything less than champ vs. champ

the aldo vs. edgar was no means a superfight .. and that just added an extra card to the game for dana to play for super fights and what he will try and b;blanket our eyes with anderson silva

he promised JONES vs. SILVA !!
  • carnages41carnages41 Posts: 36,382Free
    RamGOAT vs Glover was the last superfight
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last one to post wins- Winner
    UFC Forum Fight Camp- Winner
    UFC PREDICTIONS TOURNAMENT 5 - unofficial winner
  • Yesterdays_HeroYesterdays_Hero Posts: 23,651Free

RamGOAT vs Glover was the last superfight

Watching Rampage get his *** kicked is always super
    The only possible superfight for 2013 is Silva vs GSP.
    TUF1 said:

The only possible superfight for 2013 is Silva vs GSP.

Pettis/Bendo 2 if Pettis beats Aldo would be big and GSP has already fought twice this year so it's not happening
    Gsp hasn't fought twice this year. Pettis?Bendo 2 would be a superfight if Pettis beat Aldo, but isn't Pettis more likely to fight Bendo first?