Jon Jones #2 P4P = UFC is silly

BeanslegendBeanslegend Posts: 802Free
edited February 2013 in UFC
Well I've seen it all my friends. Trigg ball kick hughes and lose by epic slam then submission, Miguel Torrest kicked from UFC for the most minimal joke in history, Couture get demonized even though he helped build the UFC by Dana, and Rampage getting pissed on after bringing how many Asian Pride fans to the UFC.

Now This... A man who has beaten Machida, Rashad who are in their prime, while beating Shogun, Rampage and Vitor, far out of their prime, and the nerve the UFC has is to give him a p4p ranking in the top 5? Is MM or Cruz not far more worthy? Aldo IS BEHIND HIM... Like do we not recognize winning streaks that go back years upon years, not just a couple years since throwing illegal elbows to hammell...

I'm disgusted right now, and to think these rankings are in any way whatsoever close is a laughing joke. The UFC should be ashamed to think that a couple wins against top contenders puts a p4p ranking in the top 3. I guess Renan Barao, and Pascal Krauss, and Nurmagomedov should be 1 2 n 3? If we see it like that? Hyprocisy at it's best.
Post edited by the_enigma on
Tagged:

Comments

• classicboxerclassicboxer Posts: 11,823Free

Well I've seen it all my friends. Trigg ball kick hughes and lose by epic slam then submission, Miguel Torrest kicked from UFC for the most minimal joke in history, Couture get demonized even though he helped build the UFC by Dana, and Rampage getting pissed on after bringing how many Asian Pride fans to the UFC.

Now This... A man who has beaten Machida, Rashad who are in their prime, while beating Shogun, Rampage and Vitor, far out of their prime, and the nerve the UFC has is to give him a p4p ranking in the top 5? Is MM or Cruz not far more worthy? Aldo IS BEHIND HIM... Like do we not recognize winning streaks that go back years upon years, not just a couple years since throwing illegal elbows to hammell...

I'm disgusted right now, and to think these rankings are in any way whatsoever close is a laughing joke. The UFC should be ashamed to think that a couple wins against top contenders puts a p4p ranking in the top 3. I guess Renan Barao, and Pascal Krauss, and Nurmagomedov should be 1 2 n 3? If we see it like that? Hyprocisy at it's best.

Mighty Mouse and Cruz? Hahahahahahahaha!
    Oakland, CA: Raiders, A's, Warriors
  • Neither are P4P.....
    (x.X)Q(^.^Q) p4p ....... Weidman is a can......and Pettis will get sodomized by Aldo

What's worst a Frankie Edgar signature tantrum or the amount of butthurt this sig makes for his fanboys?
  • SistiSisti Posts: 5,312Free

lol come on man, u think that MM who only won 3 of his last 5, and 1 was by split decision is better than Jones who realistically was never bested in his CAREER and ANNHILATED shogun, bader, hammill, vera, bonnar, matyushenko, rampage, machida, vitor belfort, and rashad?

also cruz? his last legit stoppage was March 2008...Jones had soooo many more dominant performances and top names in that time frame. i'm just asking u genuinely how u think it's absurd to put jones ahead of cruz and MM if you consider how much Jones has done in terms of dominating an entire division of legends and finishing people convincingly
  • AllengAlleng Posts: 381Free
    Beating all those guy's look impressive on paper, but in reality Jones is much bigger than all of his opponent's taking away from any p4p claims imo
  • Jones Vs. Silva will solidify Jones #1 P4P ... until then he hopes that the cans fighting Silva will get a lucky punch in. Imagine what that would do to silva if a matt serra scored a GSP ...

Jones will hopefully get smart and not let the UFC drag his career out and make him fight 0-10%'ers for the rest of his career .. They will always make money ... sad part is they are greedy and milking the system worse than California Welfare (successful) applicants !!

Everyone bought the reem train .. they secretly watched his reem documentary .. they bought in to the size and cockyness themselves and that was UFC's whole idea.. Believe in any of there fighters and they got you sold on something ..just most of you tards continue to suck everything in ..evrything these forums and video clips can pour into your mind
  • SistiSisti Posts: 5,312Free
    edited February 2013
    let's not forget for the top 10 p4p Jones is the only guy who is realistically undefeated (any real fan knows Mazagatti f'ed that up)
    Post edited by Sisti on
  • FroZeNFroZeN Posts: 4,762Free
    Flighty Mouse will never see top 5 P4P rankings.
    OFFICIAL UFC FORUM BLACKBELT

Jones Vs. Silva will solidify Jones #1 P4P ... until then he hopes that the cans fighting Silva will get a lucky punch in. Imagine what that would do to silva if a matt serra scored a GSP ...

Jones will hopefully get smart and not let the UFC drag his career out and make him fight 0-10%'ers for the rest of his career .. They will always make money ... sad part is they are greedy and milking the system worse than California Welfare (successful) applicants !!

Everyone bought the reem train .. they secretly watched his reem documentary .. they bought in to the size and cockyness themselves and that was UFC's whole idea.. Believe in any of there fighters and they got you sold on something ..just most of you tards continue to suck everything in ..evrything these forums and video clips can pour into your mind

I base my judgements on what I see, what else is there? As far as I know the video clips are legitimate. Reem destroyed all of his opponents except Werdum over the last 3 years, and Bigfoot came off of 2 beatdown losses.
  • prodigy9prodigy9 Posts: 1,646Free
    As much as I hate to say it, Bones is the most dominant fighter around at he moment (in the sence that he has never had anything like a close fight despite cleaning up a division thought by most to be the most stacked when he joined the UFC.

That's why he's p4p #2
    P4P isn't about who has the most win or best streak or has won/defended titles... It's about who would win if they were all in the same weight class. & as bones is absolutely destroying everyone he fights & winning fights in 3rd gear he has to be up there. Every other guy up there has had off nights or close fights but bones has either dominated an easy decision or finished everyone he's faced.
    JDS,Hunt.

Teixeira, Shogun, Nedkov,Manuwa.

Lombard, Bisping, Belfort.

Hathaway, Semtex,

Sass, Khabib 'The Eagle,

Barboza, Barao.

Cro Cop-Penn-Liddell

• I base my judgements on what I see, what else is there? As far as I know the video clips are legitimate. Reem destroyed all of his opponents except Werdum over the last 3 years, and Bigfoot came off of 2 beatdown losses.

but if you listen to whats in those video clips then you'll see.. especially if rogans talking
  • i_run_thisi_run_this Posts: 19,295Free
    Agreed

feeding off andersons left overs is not impressive not to mention all the over the hill hype show fighters he beat
    Rashad looked like crap in his last fight, rampage dropped 3 in a row Shogun almost got beat my Vera

only decent win was MAchida, LHW shallow as hell

GSP #2 p4p without a **** doubt

UFC Prediction Tournament 5 Champion

• WarWestWarWest Órale VatoPosts: 33,719Free

(:|

Lmfao

That Goodgellas gif is too ****ing good!!!!
    The Cal Ripken Of GSP hatin'
    Arch Bishop Of Anti-GSP
    The Stockton Hater
    209's So Fine
  • Yesterdays_HeroYesterdays_Hero Posts: 23,588Free
    The UFC don't make these rankings. They're decided by a group of 90 media members.
  • Brent555Brent555 Posts: 3,099Free
    Who the hell cares?
    boxing@boxing.nv.gov <boxing@boxing.nv.gov>

This is the e-mail belonging to the Nevada State Athletic Commission. Any complaints due to poor judging should be directed to them. Let your voice be heard
  • MMA_FTWMMA_FTW Co-Owner of the UFCPosts: 6,818Free
    I think we can all agree that both GSP and Jon Jones are excellent at # 2. Because this is voted by media members and there can only be one # 2, it's only certain that one of these two are going to be # 2'd on by the media members.
    "Game recognize game and you lookin' kinda unfamiliar right now. I - I can't... Where's Granddad? Can I help you, sir?"
  • MangasmMangasm Posts: 6,043Free
    Jones is EASILY the number 2 guy. I don't see how anyone can even hope for GSP to be close after decisioning far lesser competition than Jon
    The internet tells me that that's called love, I'm on the internet cuz I'm an Internet thug.

Sigbet record: 99999-0. Blee dat
  • openwindowopenwindow Posts: 1,322Free
    The ufc didn't do it.. 90 media members did
    You're too late. I have already won.
  • RodrigoRuaRodrigoRua Posts: 2,422Free
    Who really cares for ranking tbh ?!

You should had learned that rankings are s*** based on last weekend !!! Lil Non on Evans d Big Foot on Reem showed that rankings can be very silly specially when it comes to MMA.
  • FroZeNFroZeN Posts: 4,762Free

You should had learned that rankings are s*** based on last weekend !!! Lil Non on Evans d Big Foot on Reem showed that rankings can be very silly specially when it comes to MMA.

Well, Hashad and CANtonio can kinda go both ways. Yes Hashad shoulda walked through him but the Hashad that showed up that night didn't have anything and didn't look like he wanted to be there.

Lezbehonest here.

The fight was lackluster and should have been a draw as neither of them were doing much of anything.
    OFFICIAL UFC FORUM BLACKBELT
  • GSP is for sure higher than JJ. Even if JJ were to beat Silva how would beating a guy way smaller than you move him up in the p4p rankings? I think these commentators have no idea wtf they are talking about.
    text
  • RodrigoRuaRodrigoRua Posts: 2,422Free
    FroZeN said:

Well, Hashad and CANtonio can kinda go both ways. Yes Hashad shoulda walked through him but the Hashad that showed up that night didn't have anything and didn't look like he wanted to be there.

Lezbehonest here.

The fight was lackluster and should have been a draw as neither of them were doing much of anything.
    I personally dont care for who won and u r right ... draw would be the more "fair" things even for the fans !! I honestly think Dana should make these 2 fight new upcomers likes Jimmo, Manuawa, etc OR mahe these 2 cans meet again and force them 2 FIGHT this time around
  • MangasmMangasm Posts: 6,043Free

GSP is for sure higher than JJ. Even if JJ were to beat Silva how would beating a guy way smaller than you move him up in the p4p rankings? I think these commentators have no idea wtf they are talking about.

I love the size excuse when half of GSP's most credible wins come over lightweights
    The internet tells me that that's called love, I'm on the internet cuz I'm an Internet thug.

Sigbet record: 99999-0. Blee dat

GSP is for sure higher than JJ. Even if JJ were to beat Silva how would beating a guy way smaller than you move him up in the p4p rankings? I think these commentators have no idea wtf they are talking about.

In fighting sports, they measure a fighter's size on a scale, in case you didn't know it.
  • Yesterdays_HeroYesterdays_Hero Posts: 23,588Free

In fighting sports, they measure a fighter's size on a scale, in case you didn't know it.
    and Jon Jones is way bigger than Anderson.... in case you didn't know.
  • KOOKORKKOOKORK Posts: 778Free
    To the OP:
    I just want to check that we live on the same Planet. I live on Planet Earth , where do you live ?
    It is not about win or lose, it is about heart. Leave all you have in the Octagon and you are a winner in my book.
    JDS, Machida,Sam stout,Bermudez, Dustin Kimura,Roger Huerta
  • BeanslegendBeanslegend Posts: 802Free
    Either way, Renan Barao, Numagomedov and all these guys with these win streaks then should be top 5 too. Imaginary, but still kinda serious, considering the UFC created it. Kinda like spitting in GSP's face, Aldo's face, and Cruz's face, all who have done far more, and won far longer. But history speaks for itself, i'm just relaying historical data.
  • creep_bbcreep_bb Posts: 121Free
    Just because of the span of his carreer and the amount of title defenses and the impressive (although FAR from entertaining) way he dominates every opponent I say it should have been GSP #2, and Bones #3. Anderson of course, is the only alien in the UFC, so... he well deserves his crown in the P4P.
    JDS Reem Machida Hendo Bones Shogun Rampage Wandy Spider Leben Hardy Rory Daley Diaz bros. Pettis Lauzon J.Miller Pearson Frankie Siver Cub Faber Barao Dodson