KZ is getting screwed IMO.

JDS_over_REEMJDS_over_REEM <This.Posts: 3,285Free
He has a better record than Pettis and all his wins are at Featherweight, you know, the division Aldo fights in. He has to be pissed.
This^

thank you @Tiger_Champion for the JoR tags.
Tagged:

Comments

• SteelerNation43SteelerNation43 Posts: 12,681Free
    He said he was upset but wants to fight Cub if he wins or Lamas by mid summer.
  • TheOvereemTheOvereem Posts: 8,997Free
    Dana said he's not back in training until the summer, rules him out really.. Lamas should of got the shot but as a fan I'd rather see Aldo/Pettis anyway!

Overeem - Shogun - Mousasi - Manuwa - Bisping - Manhoef - Watson - Daley - Hardy - B.Henderson - McGregor - Pickett

Train by day, Joe Rogan Podcast by night, all day!

I am an idiot for thinking GSP could finish the P4P GOAT Nick Diaz within 5 rounds

• JDS_over_REEMJDS_over_REEM <This.Posts: 3,285Free

Dana said he's not back in training until the summer, rules him out really.. Lamas should of got the shot but as a fan I'd rather see Aldo/Pettis anyway!

Really? I read he stated he's expecting a mid summer return and was read to face the Aldo/Edgar winner.

This^

• MIRKO_CRO_COPMIRKO_CRO_COP Posts: 9,345Free

He has a better record than Pettis and all his wins are at Featherweight, you know, the division Aldo fights in. He has to be pissed.

he's hurt...

• TheOvereemTheOvereem Posts: 8,997Free

Really? I read he stated he's expecting a mid summer return and was read to face the Aldo/Edgar winner.

Maybe I heard it wrong, unless Dana wanted to make the injury sound worse to the media so he could justify putting Pettis in.

KZ/Lamas next then I guess, at least that fight will determine the outright next number 1 contender!

Overeem - Shogun - Mousasi - Manuwa - Bisping - Manhoef - Watson - Daley - Hardy - B.Henderson - McGregor - Pickett

Train by day, Joe Rogan Podcast by night, all day!

I am an idiot for thinking GSP could finish the P4P GOAT Nick Diaz within 5 rounds

• wanderleisilva101wanderleisilva101 Posts: 9,436Free
    KZ will get his shot he should have a comeback fight with Swanson first that would be sick.

War KZ!

Bet Record- 76-43

UFC Survivor series tournament 1 winner

It's so cool that my partnership with my best friend and lover Antawn can be recognized as a marriage! DOMA is unconstitutional!

image image

He said he was upset but wants to fight Cub if he wins or Lamas by mid summer.

Yeah, I'm not saying KZ is the only contender, but he's been next in line for a while now. Even if Swanson beats Dustin Poirier he still lost to Lamas a little over a year ago. Lamas vs KZ makes the most sense if KZ doesn't want to wait or he ends up having to fight.

This^

• Za1994Za1994 Posts: 3,188Free
    KZ is the man. But I'm not mad at all for Pettis getting his shot at Aldo. KZ's injuries seem to be holding him back a bit. Hope he heals up and fights again really soon.
    Been on the Anthony "Showtime" Pettis train since day one. No questions asked. Showtime Attack Force Too Strong.
    http://forums.ufcfightclub.com/discussion/139486/i-see-it-now-anthony-showtime-pettis-will-go-down-as-the-goat/p1
    Represent Roufusport:
    Milwaukee, Wisconsin. 414 Reppin' the Mil
    UFC 164 Milwaukee, WI
    edited February 2013
    KZ isn't even one of my favorite fighters, I'm still bummed he beat Poirier but he earned my respect that night just as much as he earned a title shot with that performance.
    Post edited by JDS_over_REEM on
    This^

• i_run_thisi_run_this Posts: 19,372Free
    hes ****ing injured, he needs a warm up fight anyways.

KZ vs Lamas for next title shot.

UFC Prediction Tournament 5 Champion

• WarWestWarWest Órale VatoPosts: 33,826Free
    Yeah KZ is getting screwed
    The Cal Ripken Of GSP hatin'
    Arch Bishop Of Anti-GSP
    The Stockton Hater
    209's So Fine
  • WD_40WD_40 Posts: 1,096Free

:O language!

Top Fighters:

Mark Hunt

Jamie Te Huna

Alan Belcher

Matt Riddle

Frankie Edgar

Dustin Poirier

Alex Caceres

Jon Dodson
  • OzprideOzpride Posts: 4,098Free
    WD_40 said:

:O language!

anyone actually researched this? seems he had surgery in December and everything on twitter is about wanting his shot at Aldo and how he's the one to take his belt. Gotta admit I'd be one happy camper seeing KZ with a strap

UFC PREDICTION TOURNAMENT 9 CHAMPION

• KeemKeem Posts: 6,862Free
    Better record? I don't know about that, but KZ is alledgedly injured anyways, so really Lamas is the one who warrants empathy as he has 4 wins (KZ = 3) against more elite guys (Hioki, Swanson, Koch)
    _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

- C.Condit - B.Henderson - J.Jones - C.Oliveira

J.Benavidez - H.Hioki - T.Griffin - M.Torres - J. Hathaway - J. Howard - B.Tavares - M.Johnson - M.Brimage - D.Kim - T."Lion" Inoue - LC. Davis - M. Semezier - Y.Alcantara - Wineland - H.Lim

Megumi Fuji

Greg - "It's, about.. WAR! You understand me?! You bounce, you move and you punish this kid. This is 5 minutes of war, now you go and give it to me!"
    Condit- *Aye aye coach; say no more*
  • Yeah lama is outright should be next and I'm saying that coz I like kz he needs a fight after a long layoff and fighting Aldo isn't the ideal first fight back. If he is confident in being the only one to dethrone Aldo then he shouldn't be concerned about another fighter
    (x.X)Q(^.^Q) p4p ....... Weidman is a can......and Pettis will get sodomized by Aldo

What's worst a Frankie Edgar signature tantrum or the amount of butthurt this sig makes for his fanboys?
  • KOOKORKKOOKORK Posts: 785Free
    I thought Zombies never get hurt. What happened to this Zombie?

He will get his shot if he is relevant after his return. He is entertaining to say the least.
    It is not about win or lose, it is about heart. Leave all you have in the Octagon and you are a winner in my book.
    JDS, Machida,Sam stout,Bermudez, Dustin Kimura,Roger Huerta
  • NyteRyderNyteRyder Posts: 9,465Free
    Yeah but he's injured, so he couldn't push for the Aldo fight
    2013 Predictions League: 231-142
    Forum Etiquette Guide
    The Questions Thread
  • carnages41carnages41 Posts: 36,387Free
    Pettis deserves it more
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last one to post wins- Winner
    UFC Forum Fight Camp- Winner
    UFC PREDICTIONS TOURNAMENT 5 - unofficial winner
  • iNOOBiNOOB Posts: 4,187Free
    edited February 2013
    If anybody is getting screwed over its Ricardo Lamas. He defeated Hioki (who was granted a title shot and turned it down) and then he absolutely demolished Koch (who was granted a title shot before Aldo's injury). Plus, he handled Cub Swanson who is on the brink of a number 1 contender fight himself. KZ's wins don't mean much when you sit out over a year.
    Post edited by iNOOB on
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Sig Bet Record: 8-4
    2011 UFC Predictions 190-110
    2012 UFC Predictions 45-17
    2013 UFC Predictions 243-130
    2014 UFC Predictions 65-41

Events Attended: UFC 119 ~ Versus 5 ~ FOX 2 ~ FOX 6 ~ UFN 27 ~ FOX 10

edited February 2013
    Smh at some of you trying to discredit KZ's wins. Lamas has two good wins over Koch and Swanson. If Lamas can do to Poirier what KZ did then I say he deserves the shot more, until then they are even at best.
    This^

• roundhou5eroundhou5e Posts: 12Free
    I'm pissed, because I think Pettis is a harder fight for Aldo than Lamas is. Pettis should of fought Bendo first.

Smh at some of you trying to discredit KZ's wins. Lamas has two good wins over Koch and Swanson. If Lamas can do to Poirier what KZ did then I say he deserves the shot more, until then they are even at best.

Tbh i thought Lamas was getting beat pretty clearly before Koch slipped. Id take Koch in a rematch for sure. Props to Lamas on capitalizing though...you do not want to end up on the bottom of that guy.

I'm pissed, because I think Pettis is a harder fight for Aldo than Lamas is. Pettis should of fought Bendo first.

do you not want one of your favorite fighters (im assuming your saying Aldo is for you) fighting and possibly beating the best?
    PATSTER said:

KZ beat a guy who retired from MMA because he sucked and a guy who's won 3 of his last 11 fights.

You're an idiot if you think it compares.

I'm convinced your 5 years old.

This^

PATSTER said:

KZ beat a guy who retired from MMA because he sucked and a guy who's won 3 of his last 11 fights.

Or you could look at it that....

he got a rediculously hard sub and the first one to do it in MMA....EVER and against someone who's only been subbed 1 time before in the UFC

and

He KOd a guy coming off a title shot...the same guy Aldo couldn't KO.

and

He put on one of the best fights ive ever seen against Poirer and SUBBED HIM WITH DUSTIN'S FAVORITE TECHNIQUE!!!!!!!!

SMH

PATSTER said:

PATSTER said:

Can you honestly sit there and say a guy who has been out for a year and has one good win is more worthy of a title shot than a guy who just smashed the # 1 contender, beat the old # 1 contender in Hioki, and beat a top 10 guy in Cub Swanson?
    Koch was not the #1 contender....he was sched to fight Aldo but in no way was he the #1 contender.

edited February 2013
    PATSTER said:

PATSTER said:

PATSTER said:

Can you honestly sit there and say a guy who has been out for a year and has one good win is more worthy of a title shot than a guy who just smashed the # 1 contender, beat the old # 1 contender in Hioki, and beat a top 10 guy in Cub Swanson?
    Koch was not the #1 contender....he was sched to fight Aldo but in no way was he the #1 contender.

He was scheduled to fight the champ therefore he was the # 1 contender. He raped Koch BTW, I saw you saying that Koch was winning up until that point but that's complete BS.

How is that BS? I seriously thought Koch was getting the better of him until he slipped.

also are you telling me Maia was the #1 contender when he fought Silva? Sonnen's the #1 LHW contender? Pettis the #1 FW contender?

They're not. They just managed to get a fight with the champ.
    Post edited by SteelerNation43 on
    edited February 2013
    PATSTER said:

Yeah I can, aside from Swanson let's look at who Lamas has beat. Grice who is 1-1, Hioki who is 2-2, and Koch who is 2-1. The people he beat aren't any more impressive than KZ's. If you read I what I said earlier I wouldn't be opposed to KZ vs Lamas for #1 contender.

In all actuality what will probably happen is Lamas faces the winner of Poirier/Swanson for the number 1 contender.

But as of right now, I can say with certainty Lamas isn't any MORE deserving than KZ.

This^

• carnages41carnages41 Posts: 36,387Free
    Patster is owning these tuf noobs
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last one to post wins- Winner
    UFC Forum Fight Camp- Winner
    UFC PREDICTIONS TOURNAMENT 5 - unofficial winner
  • Lamas deserves it more then kz period...kz should be behind lamas....
    (x.X)Q(^.^Q) p4p ....... Weidman is a can......and Pettis will get sodomized by Aldo

What's worst a Frankie Edgar signature tantrum or the amount of butthurt this sig makes for his fanboys?