What is so wrong about working for Bellator?

SistiSisti Posts: 5,312Free
edited February 2013 in Outside the UFC
I think it's stupid for people (Dana) to act like it's somehow immoral to work for another company. It's America, you are allowed to go after any opportunity you want. He accomplished great things in his life and for him to be badmouthed after all he did because he took a cool opportunity is just ridiculous

It's just a company. It's not like he's cheating on his wife or anything, he's just living his life and taking a cool opportunity. Is your life supposed to stop and you turn down everything that ever comes your way because you worked for Dana White at some point?
Post edited by the_enigma on
Tagged:

Comments

• SteelerNation43SteelerNation43 Posts: 12,651Free
    They **** over Eddie

They **** over Brookins

They **** over someone else who's name escapes me right now.

There's a bunch of scummy **** you hear that goes on in that company.
    edited February 2013
    Also, its not the fact that Couture decided to go work for Bellator....COuture still had a contract with the UFC and tried to get out of the whole thing. His lawyer tried to sneak his way out of it because Couture was already making deals with Bellator and Couture basically lied to Dana about how he wasn't going to work for them.
    Post edited by SteelerNation43 on
    This is what happened to Brookins :

According to Brookins ......After Brookins lost to Aldo Bellator signed him for a couple of fights. He won his first fight quickly by sub. Then Bellator turned around and realized this guy was good and WOULD NOT put him in the tournament because if he won it would be like their champ is 2nd fiddle to the WEC's champ. SO they basically cut Brookins.

Brookins then had 2 more wins (before TuF) outside of Bellator and still no word from them so you'd imagine he's cut and he's not going back. Then all of a sudden, Brookins comes out and wins TuF. Now Bellator wants to come back with legal action since he's actually made a name for himself in another organization.

They tried to sue him even though they weren't using him at all....How you gonna do that to a fighter? Its like they're saying either you sit on the shelf and not get paid or we're gonna sue you.

The other person was Roger Hollet :

"Well I wasn't originally supposed to be a free agent. I was scheduled to be in the Bellator light heavyweight tournament but I had a bad EKG rating. They call it an Athlete's heart, which is a little bit of extra muscle around your heart. Everybody who trains really hard has it because of the constant training and cardio. Well they were concerned because I had a little more, like it had progressed a little bit. They wanted me to take an echocardiogram but the doctors couldn't get me in on time to get it fixed and the only thing I got from Bellator was my walking papers. They didn't do anything to try and help me or anything like that."

Once again, when Hollett was scheduled to fight Hamill the first time...Bellator comes out of nowhere an threatens legal actions because of a contract clause.

They did the same thing to him that they did to Brookins. The UFC signed him so they try to threaten him. Its ridiculous.

They need to start showing some respect to their fighters.

• HellequinHellequin In my car with the garage door closedPosts: 4,157Free
    Why?

Because it rustles Dana's jimmies. :>
  • MMA_FTWMMA_FTW Co-Owner of the UFCPosts: 6,809Free
    edited February 2013
    Sisti said:

I think it's stupid for people (Dana) to act like it's somehow immoral to work for another company. It's America, you are allowed to go after any opportunity you want. He accomplished great things in his life and for him to be badmouthed after all he did because he took a cool opportunity is just ridiculous

It's just a company. It's not like he's cheating on his wife or anything, he's just living his life and taking a cool opportunity. Is your life supposed to stop and you turn down everything that ever comes your way because you worked for Dana White at some point?

He's not thinking like that. Any competition to him could be perceived as a legitimate threat from his pov. Basically, Dana is butthurt and has his jimmies rustled at the same time.
    Post edited by MMA_FTW on
    "Game recognize game and you lookin' kinda unfamiliar right now. I - I can't... Where's Granddad? Can I help you, sir?"
    or you guys could ignore what i said and just go with the Dana is butthurt version lol
    forgot about Nam too
  • Yesterdays_HeroYesterdays_Hero Posts: 23,566Free
    Randy left his job with the UFC/FOX to go work for the enemy.

Bellator are scumbags, it looks like they assembled a bunch of people Dana hates (Randy, Greg Jackson, Frank Shamrock) for this Bellator reality show..
  • Gabri1985Gabri1985 Manchester, England Posts: 7,695Free
    Wow if i was a fighter i would defo take a long time thinking before anything was signed with that lot and before you did surely you would get your lawyers to go over it with a fine tooth comb.

Good stuff
    The Cal Ripken Of GSP hatin'
    Arch Bishop Of Anti-GSP
    The Stockton Hater
    209's So Fine
  • GobboGobbo Posts: 1,371Free
    I don't like how Bellator does things, that being said I think Dana should have kept his mouth shut and let Couture go his own way.