Dana White Calls Ryan Couture, Tells Him Father Unwelcome At Events, Offers UFC Release

nuffsaidnuffsaid Posts: 39Free
edited February 2013 in UFC
Dana is definitely butthurt that Bellator is starting to become bigger. Sure bad mouth the company all you want like a gossiping little high school girl, but what kind of piece of crap tries to make a kid pick between whats best for his career and his father.
http://www.bjpenn.com/dana-white-calls-ryan-couture-tells-him-father-unwelcome-at-events-offers-ufc-release-ufc-news/
Post edited by nuffsaid on
Tagged:

Comments

• JDS_over_REEMJDS_over_REEM <This.Posts: 3,285Free
    when you post something like this, it's customary to provide a link.
    This^

thank you @Tiger_Champion for the JoR tags.
  • FroZeNFroZeN Posts: 4,762Free
    Yeah, this is definitely bad PR for Dana. Sometimes I begin to wonder why he is "in charge" of the UFC....I mean sure he's brought it all this way just like the mafia guys, but right now....idk man. Tough situation.
    OFFICIAL UFC FORUM BLACKBELT
  • JDS_over_REEMJDS_over_REEM <This.Posts: 3,285Free
    nuffsaid said:

There is a link

you added it after I posted. s'all good

This^

thank you @Tiger_Champion for the JoR tags.
  • juice64011juice64011 Posts: 5,949Free
    edited February 2013
    Seems like a bad move by Dana but none of us know the whole story so I won't pass judgement.

Honestly I don't think that Ryan will last long in the UFC anyway.
    Post edited by juice64011 on
    MMA Prediction Tournament 3 Champion

UFC Prediction Tournament 3 Champion

UFC Prediction Tournament 4 Champion

Official JP24 Prediction League (2012) Champion*

• JohnnyZadarJohnnyZadar Posts: 8,936Free
    theres already a thread on this...
  • SteelerNation43SteelerNation43 Posts: 12,654Free
    Wow!!!

You twisted his words really well....He said this in the post fight press conference and he said it very respectfully.

You just made conflict with Ryan when there shouldn't of been any.
  • WarWestWarWest Órale VatoPosts: 33,724Free
    Wow

Dana is such a ****ing clown LoL
    The Cal Ripken Of GSP hatin'
    Arch Bishop Of Anti-GSP
    The Stockton Hater
    209's So Fine
  • nuffsaidnuffsaid Posts: 39Free
    Yo WarWest, you want my account bro? I've never really liked this forum, to many trolls/UFC fanboys who think they know everything about everything.
  • WarWestWarWest Órale VatoPosts: 33,724Free
    nuffsaid said:

Yo WarWest, you want my account bro? I've never really liked this forum, to many trolls/UFC fanboys who think they know everything about everything.

You're a good poster you should stay

On that note I refuse to take your account so unfortunately you are stuck!!!

In yo FACE!!!

The Cal Ripken Of GSP hatin'
    Arch Bishop Of Anti-GSP
    The Stockton Hater
    209's So Fine
  • SteelerNation43SteelerNation43 Posts: 12,654Free
    edited February 2013
    This is what Dana said to Ryan:

Skip to 21:20:

I really don't see it as that big of a problem. Dana had to say something to Ryan. Make sure everything with them 2 would be okay.
    Post edited by SteelerNation43 on
  • chanman20chanman20 Posts: 4,843Free
    nuffsaid said:

yeah kind of like you
    “But in the end, the most important thing to accept, is that no matter how alone you feel, how painful it may be, with the help of those around you, you'll get through this too."

Chael Sonnen will make Jon Jones look like the can that he is when he becomes the LHW Champion.

Frank Mir
    Bj Penn
    Nate Daiz
  • classicboxerclassicboxer Posts: 11,823Free
    If Ryan Couture was a great fighter Dana would handle the situation differently.
    Oakland, CA: Raiders, A's, Warriors
  • BeanslegendBeanslegend Posts: 803Free
    Dana is losing respect every day he fights with legends. Clearly there not saying these things for no reason, all these guys can't be universally agreeing upon things if they weren't true. Dana should man up and say he pays fighters 1/10 what they deserve.
  • BirdhoundBirdhound Posts: 301Free
    edited February 2013
    Just when you thought Dana couldn't say anything more retarded, he comes out with this BS. So he basically just wanted to tell Ryan that he hated his dad? I think Randy may have already made him aware of the situation tbh, and Dana has no right trying to weasle into what is an issue between a father and son, trying to look like hes a nice guy. We all know Dana is a tool, and Ryan wouldn't be in the UFC if he could get the same money and quality of competition elsewhere. The bottom line is that Ryan knows all of this and so does everybody else, no need whatsoever for Dana to be all passive aggressive about telling him he can stay in the UFC as long as he follows his rules to the letter. All this 'we're all one big UFC family' crap is borderline insulting given the stuation, Dana has made his position clear already and should leave it alone.
    Post edited by Birdhound on
  • SistiSisti Posts: 5,312Free
    Birdhound said:

Just when you thought Dana couldn't say anything more retarded, he comes out with this BS. So he basically just wanted to tell Ryan that he hated his dad? I think Randy may have already made him aware of the situation tbh, and Dana has no right trying to weasle into what is an issue between a father and son, trying to look like hes a nice guy. We all know Dana is a tool, and Ryan wouldn't be in the UFC if he could get the same money and quality of competition elsewhere. The bottom line is that Ryan knows all of this and so does everybody else, no need whatsoever for Dana to be all passive aggressive about telling him he can stay in the UFC as long as he follows his rules to the letter. All this 'we're all one big UFC family' crap is borderline insulting given the stuation, Dana has made his position clear already and should leave it alone.

If you listen to the clip, it's not quite as bad as it seems written down.

I agree that it's f'in retarded to make this out to be as big as he is because he took another opportunity. HE'S NOT EVEN FIGHTING ANYMORE! Dana has to realize that it's his life and he's allowed to do what he wants...the government makes monopolies illegal for a reason because it becomes retarded how power hungry some people get

Bottom line, don't get between a kid and his dad

On a side note...at around 29:00 he talks about how he's on prednisone. I was on that stuff once and it makes you more irritable and angry than you could ever imagine. I have a feeling that his rampage on couture had something to do with him being on Prednisone...anyone who was on those knows how it makes you