UFC 157 will be one of the worst selling PPV of all time

jpc_ultimatejpc_ultimate Posts: 980Free
Trust me, no one will pay for that card, even die hard ufc fans will probably dish it and stream it online!
I sincerely believe women fighting isnt going anywhere and wont be a big market
Tagged:

Comments

• OmoplataypusOmoplataypus BostonPosts: 4,620Free
    Im buying it if I have to. You think I would miss a Dangerous Dan fight?
    !!! WAR KELGOAT
    !!! WAR MAIA
    !!! WAR CORMIER
    !!! WAR WEIDMAN  

Active bets:
    TheSinisterUrge-FRANKIE/bj, wedo619-BROWN/silva, MGun-RUMBLE/prayvis

GOAT List:
    1. GSP
    2. Ryan LaFlare
    3. Other people
    I took LyGOATo Machida's piss to the back of the throat and I loved it! wanderleisilva101 is the GOAT
    If you don't think Ronda could actually take out Cain on her best day, then there's something wrong with YOU

• SteelerNation43SteelerNation43 Posts: 12,681Free
    then fans are retarded.

Doesn't matter what order the fights are in...there's still...

HENDO VS **** MACHIDA ON THE CARD!

• jpc_ultimatejpc_ultimate Posts: 980Free

then fans are retarded.

Doesn't matter what order the fights are in...there's still...

HENDO VS **** MACHIDA ON THE CARD!

I agree Machida vs Hendo is a sick fight, but the main event will not convinced a lot of people to buy the ppv
    your prob right, but thats only because a lot of the zuffa zombies don't know rousey that well and the one's that do know she's a lock.
  • I think it's going to do quite well..... There people outside this message board....... There are a lot of girls who love MMA ......but I can't wait to see rousey get Handelled by a blokey looking chick.....bitta softcore **** after an epic battle of hendo and machida.......WAR DRAGON
    (x.X)Q(^.^Q) p4p ....... Weidman is a can......and Pettis will get sodomized by Aldo

What's worst a Frankie Edgar signature tantrum or the amount of butthurt this sig makes for his fanboys?

your prob right, but thats only because a lot of the zuffa zombies don't know rousey that well and the one's that do know she's a lock.

well on my part I know Roussey, I saw two of her fight and women mma is not for me... i agreed with what GSP said about women MMA... well i might be consider a old school guy

• prodigy9prodigy9 Posts: 1,646Free
    I know what you mean. It's a good card stacked with decent fighters but not sure if there's enough interesting fights to attract casual fans.
    Hendo vs Machida should be main event for sure.
    JDS,Hunt.

Teixeira, Shogun, Nedkov,Manuwa.

Lombard, Bisping, Belfort.

Hathaway, Semtex,

Sass, Khabib 'The Eagle,

Barboza, Barao.

Cro Cop-Penn-Liddell

• JohnnyZadarJohnnyZadar Posts: 8,936Free
    women belong in kitchens...not the cage...unless to be sold :)]
    prodigy9 said:

I know what you mean. It's a good card stacked with decent fighters but not sure if there's enough interesting fights to attract casual fans.
    Hendo vs Machida should be main event for sure.

exactly... 9 times out of 10, if you would have put Hendo and Machida has the main event you would have sell a lot more... probably around 350k... while Rousey Carmouche will probably do 225k.... thats my own predictions

i love women's mma. They have a different intensity in there. Its truly interesting.

Also 2 of the best fights of last year was easily women's fights (neither being with ROusey.)
    i will probably only watch the prelims... so I can see Schaub get KTFO by Johnson! ant wait for that duh!!!
    edited February 2013
    Not sure what the actual # is but ill sig bet that this won't be the lowest selling one.

Edit- not even top 3 worst ever
    Post edited by Omoplataypus on
    !!! WAR KELGOAT
    !!! WAR MAIA
    !!! WAR CORMIER
    !!! WAR WEIDMAN  

Active bets:

GOAT List:
    1. GSP
    2. Ryan LaFlare
    3. Other people
    I took LyGOATo Machida's piss to the back of the throat and I loved it! wanderleisilva101 is the GOAT
    If you don't think Ronda could actually take out Cain on her best day, then there's something wrong with YOU

• KOOKORKKOOKORK Posts: 785Free
    UFC will sell the card. They can sell ice in Alaska let alone a card that has Hendo and Machida in it and is the first ever UFC Women fight.
    It is not about win or lose, it is about heart. Leave all you have in the Octagon and you are a winner in my book.
    JDS, Machida,Sam stout,Bermudez, Dustin Kimura,Roger Huerta
  • NyteRyderNyteRyder Posts: 9,464Free
    IM GOING TO UFC 157!!!

It's my first UFC event, they finally came back to California, so I'm happy to go to this. I don't care much for the main, but Hendo vs Machida will be epic. Glad I will be able to see this fight!! Also Lavar Johnson vs Brendan Schaub--at least I'm guaranteed to see a KO there!!
    2013 Predictions League: 231-142
    Forum Etiquette Guide
    The Questions Thread
  • Brent555Brent555 Posts: 3,105Free
    You are probably right. I'm not buying it.
    boxing@boxing.nv.gov <boxing@boxing.nv.gov>

This is the e-mail belonging to the Nevada State Athletic Commission. Any complaints due to poor judging should be directed to them. Let your voice be heard
    edited February 2013
    But the card will not do good for PPV's.

I'd say between 100-200k. If it got over 250k, I'd be surprised.
    Post edited by NyteRyder on
    Forum Etiquette Guide
    The Questions Thread
    edited February 2013
    NyteRyder said:

Rousey has a lot more hype than you think.

SHe's getting all the major sport network spots....SHe's been on ESPN magazine....there's even going to be a whole segment on her on real sports on HBO next week.

Post edited by SteelerNation43 on
  • Yup there's a lot of hype on her she's been gaining hype for ages and now with the UFC hyping her its only becoming more annoying..... Until someone gets a sex tape on her....
    (x.X)Q(^.^Q) p4p ....... Weidman is a can......and Pettis will get sodomized by Aldo

What's worst a Frankie Edgar signature tantrum or the amount of butthurt this sig makes for his fanboys?
  • Yesterdays_HeroYesterdays_Hero Posts: 23,651Free
    I'm definitely buying it. Ronda is amazing to watch because of her ability to continuously lock in something everybody knows is coming.

NyteRyder said:

Rousey has a lot more hype than you think.

SHe's getting all the major sport network spots....SHe's been on ESPN magazine....there's even going to be a whole segment on her on real sports on HBO next week.

As retarded as it would be, maybe that pretty face is what MMA and the UFC needed to get the mainstream attention.
    !!! WAR KELGOAT
    !!! WAR MAIA
    !!! WAR CORMIER
    !!! WAR WEIDMAN  

Active bets:

GOAT List:
    1. GSP
    2. Ryan LaFlare
    3. Other people

I know she's getting a lot of hype and media attention, but I don't think that is gonna result in big ppv buys. Not to mention she isn't fighting Cyborg or Carano, she's fighting Liz Carmouche...

If UFC 157 gets maybe around 250- 300k PPV buys, being the women's main event, I would say that's pretty successful seeing that events like UFC 150, Hendo vs Edgar 2 only got 190K buys, and UFC 136 Edgar vs Maynard 3, Aldo vs Florian, got 225K buys.

I cant' see Rousey doing any better than those, I can see her matching UFC 150. The only thing that is pushing this card is the co-main. Everyone knows that could easily be a main event, and that's a fight people want to see.
    Forum Etiquette Guide
    The Questions Thread
  • Bravo13Bravo13 Posts: 2,220Moderator, Ultimate
    I will be ordering it. I love women's mma as much as men's. But here is where a lot of people will disagree with me... I am NOT cheering for Rhonda. I hope she loses to be honest.
    www.BACAworld.org
    No child deserves to live in fear
  • Yesterdays_HeroYesterdays_Hero Posts: 23,651Free
    Bravo13 said:

I will be ordering it. I love women's mma as much as men's. But here is where a lot of people will disagree with me... I am NOT cheering for Rhonda. I hope she loses to be honest.

On the contrary. I think anyone who hates WMMA should be cheering for Liz because her winning would certainly be a big blow to the still new WMMA.
    Rousey will win by armbar within a minute.
    Forum Etiquette Guide
    The Questions Thread
    yea, the worst thing for WMMA right now is if Rousey loses.

You'll have the people watching just for her and if they see her fail their reaction would be to not care about WMMA anymore.
  • BanduraBandura Posts: 1,453Free
    I like Hendo, I like Mendes, I like Faber, I'm buying the card

All hail the Dark sith ruler, Darth Shubeous!
    Bandura said:

I like Hendo, I like Mendes, I like Faber, I'm buying the card

This...only:

War Rousey
    War Chida
    War Menjivar

• Rex_Kwon_DoRex_Kwon_Do Posts: 1,208Registered Users
    edited February 2013
    The best thing that can happen at this event is for Rousey to lose so we can put another gimmick experiment to rest sonner than later (ala Lesnar, Toney, and Kimbo Slice...believe me it took me a while to remember Kimbo. I had to google professional street fighter just to remember his name.) We have practically seen it all from her since her first fight. There's not another woman alive (w/ the exception of Cyborg possibly) who is able to counter anything she does on the ground so we already know what to expect. You can't teach a woman enough wrestling or jiu jitsu to get to her level...nor will they ever be able to stop her takedowns. If you think about it Lesnar (doesn't include year away from sport for sickness) and Slice were gone within two years of their pro debut in the Octagon. Rousey is a MMA fighter, but know one is close to her level to keep her busy enough to stay relevant. This sport is not designed for women athletes so only once in a blue moon will you see someone like Ronda Rousey come along who is able to garner the respect of her male peers and fans everywhere. MARK MY WORDS....TWO YEARS AND WMMA IS GONE (at least in the UFC). Even if 156 does exceptable numbers it will tail off so drastically on the next card she's on (unless its Carano called out of retirement or Cyborg she's fighting)...that they will have to subject her to co mains on a free card with the 125 championship bouts.
    Post edited by Rex_Kwon_Do on
    "My name is Rex, and if you study with my eight-week program you will learn a system of self-defense that I developed over two seasons of fighting in the Octagon. It's called Rex Kwon Do!"
  • yeah but securing the womens division is worth Bellator not doing it first .. Bellator is paying fighters more and more !! Cant wait till they PPV
  • rodrodMMA92rodrodMMA92 TexasPosts: 4,027Free
    WMMA is awesome. I don't care about who is fighting as much as how they fight. I've seen cards that have no talent just cause they are fights. The difference between WMMA and regular MMA is that ALL of the ladies are hungry. All of them have that chip on their shoulder to make people respect them and their professional choice. That is why they will put on some of the best fights in the UFC. They may not have the natural talent than males have in terms of power and stuff but they will put on fights that will be more than up to par to "regular" UFC fights.

That's all I wanted to say and its my opinion so yea.

And WAR MACHENDO. (I'm torn ) :((

21-16 SIG . . . . . 2-1 AV

Rua . . . . . . Penn . . . . . . Maia . . . . . .Van Soest . . . . . . Rousey . . . . . . . JDS . . . . . . Silva

imageimageimageTVSRouseyimageShogun