Chiappetta: Not sure White can stop Couture cornering his son

MMALivesHereMMALivesHere Posts: 80Free
edited February 2013 in UFC
UFC hall of famer Randy Couture (19-11) is in the middle of a very public spat with UFC president Dana White. He recently signed up to star in Bellator's upcoming reality TV series, Fight Master, sparking a sustained, verbal barrage from White. "The Natural" has refused to engage in an all-out war, but on today's MMA Beat, Mike Chiappetta said he thought White had crossed the line. White wants to ban Couture from cornering his son, Ryan (6-1), who has just earned a UFC contract.

"The biggest problem I had with it was him basically banning Randy from cornering his son at fights. I mean, I don't even know if he has the power to do that to be honest with you. I mean, I spoke to Keith Kizer about that the other day and he said, 'cornermen are up to fighters - as long as they're licensed by the commission, they're allowed to choose who they want' ... I don't think he should put him in that position; I don't think it's fair. When you train as a fighter you want to go to war with the guys that were with you the entire camp ... I think that's a big negative for him to not have his father in his corner if that's what he wants and I don't think it was fair of Dana to put him in that position."

From www.mmaliveshere.com
Post edited by MMALivesHere on
Tagged:

Comments

• FroZeNFroZeN Posts: 4,762Free
    Scumbag Dana strikes again. This is really bad PR for him and the UFC. I hope he has his good reasons as to why he verbally attacked Couture. Maybe we don't know the whole story yet but it's just looking really bad for Dana as far as we know.
    OFFICIAL UFC FORUM BLACKBELT
  • DerkJitsuDerkJitsu Posts: 150Free
    I want to see a Dana White vs. Randy Couture superfight. Let's make it happen.
  • PoloRidahPoloRidah Posts: 11,161Free
    Couture is in the UFC HoF and Dana doesn't want him at any UFC events. Lulz
    Hendricks 1,2,3,4

• BruteDionBruteDion Posts: 10,485Free
    I was thinking this the other day...only the commission can tell a cornerman he can't corner someone (I.e Phil nurse having not not corner GSP for a min)
    Sig record
    40-21

Owner Of Forum Souls: Bright508620 - MMAFAN001 - CRAZYNOONGAH

What do you get when you take A.Silva's clinch game + Mark Hunt's Iron Chin + Mushy Lady Parts?

A: Cat Zingano....the UFC's true #1 women's contender

< img src =photo BD2_zps23b2f3d9.jpg>
  • i_run_thisi_run_this Posts: 19,279Free
    What harm could it do... **** off dana

UFC Prediction Tournament 5 Champion

I am an idiot for thinking GSP would finish a fight. GSP has a boyfriend and his name is IRT

• YerboYerbo Posts: 2,515Free
    Dana White is a friggen little Hitler, I'm losing all respect for him. he really needs to lighten up.
  • megamanmegaman Posts: 5,281Free
    edited February 2013
    Dana is such a ****, these guys are RETIRED, He's just pissed that they're helping the other organization so he just slams them at every turn,

I don't know about you guys, but if it wasn't for Dana's constant bitching about these guys helping out Bellator I wouldn't even know about that Fight Master (weak **** name), show to begin with.

He's acually hyping the **** ou of that show right now with his hate for them..
    Post edited by megaman on

• SistiSisti Posts: 5,312Free
    dana white is on prednisone...for anyone who doesn't know what that is, it's this medicine that makes you irritable beyond belief

now yes, dana did say what he said. but at the same time, i was on prednisone once and it makes you 1,000X more irritiable than you would even imagine. i honestly think his outrage on randy was a combination of him just not knowing how to shut his mouth at times and the medicine

that being said, randy is a **** legend, hero, and UFC hall of famer! why the f would you make a kid get his UFC debut and tell him he can't have his dad ringside. DW is wrong here! plain and simple! get past your **** ego for once in your life and stop acting like your the only person in the world that needs to be respected.

it's not even up to dana...this guy is not a tyrant, he doesn't make every single decision in the world. this is an athletic commission issue, not a DW issue
  • Brent555Brent555 Posts: 3,099Free
    Sisti said:

dana white is on prednisone...for anyone who doesn't know what that is, it's this medicine that makes you irritable beyond belief

now yes, dana did say what he said. but at the same time, i was on prednisone once and it makes you 1,000X more irritiable than you would even imagine. i honestly think his outrage on randy was a combination of him just not knowing how to shut his mouth at times and the medicine

that being said, randy is a **** legend, hero, and UFC hall of famer! why the f would you make a kid get his UFC debut and tell him he can't have his dad ringside. DW is wrong here! plain and simple! get past your **** ego for once in your life and stop acting like your the only person in the world that needs to be respected.

it's not even up to dana...this guy is not a tyrant, he doesn't make every single decision in the world. this is an athletic commission issue, not a DW issue

Umm, I'm a pharmacy student, and no prendnisone doesn't commonly cause irritability. Unless you are getting irritable because of it's other side effects, then you are just saying dumb stuff again...
    boxing@boxing.nv.gov <boxing@boxing.nv.gov>

This is the e-mail belonging to the Nevada State Athletic Commission. Any complaints due to poor judging should be directed to them. Let your voice be heard
  • BirdhoundBirdhound Posts: 301Free
    edited February 2013
    Tbh i think Dana has bought shares in Bellator and this is all just to get publicity :-?
    Post edited by Birdhound on
  • zaksamezaksame Posts: 4,340Free
    You don't really need to dig very deep,anyone who watch's Dana perform ,can easily see he is arrogant and disrespectful to anyone who doesn't bow to the UFC's wishes.Like someone said,it is bad PR,not that Dana carries a good name anyhow.Makes me sick when i see videos of guys saying they will do anything,just because they are desperate for that money contract.
    If this was a legit sport and the other bug orgs like Pride and SF were not monopolized by the UFC,,these guys would have choice.

I sort of disagree with dude's analogy that as long as you are licensed he can attend.It is a license,that just tells orgs that you are allowable,it doesn't mean they have to let you in the door.I am sure there is an actual viable lawsuit the Couture family could go with,but as i mentioned earlier,his son seems to be a puppet to the big show.Kinda sad when he would shove his dad aside for the "big show" ticket,family should ALWAYS come first,especially when he is shoving his dad aside for Dana White !! Are you kidding me junior?
    Gina Miesha Kyra ...yes please.
  • PunchBagPunchBag Posts: 7,784Free
    edited February 2013
    its kinda the fans fault for strikeforce and pride being baught out, if they had been more popular they mgiht still have been around. cant blame ufc for taking advantage.

on the 1 hand i want to see bellators best join the ufc but on the other i dont want to loose another mma organizaton
    Post edited by PunchBag on
    "Believe in the beard"
    I bet against THE KING and he smashed my little gonads into oblivion

• jdukjduk Posts: 8,284Free
    zaksame said:

You don't really need to dig very deep,anyone who watch's Dana perform ,can easily see he is arrogant and disrespectful to anyone who doesn't bow to the UFC's wishes.Like someone said,it is bad PR,not that Dana carries a good name anyhow.Makes me sick when i see videos of guys saying they will do anything,just because they are desperate for that money contract.
    If this was a legit sport and the other bug orgs like Pride and SF were not monopolized by the UFC,,these guys would have choice.

I sort of disagree with dude's analogy that as long as you are licensed he can attend.It is a license,that just tells orgs that you are allowable,it doesn't mean they have to let you in the door.I am sure there is an actual viable lawsuit the Couture family could go with,but as i mentioned earlier,his son seems to be a puppet to the big show.Kinda sad when he would shove his dad aside for the "big show" ticket,family should ALWAYS come first,especially when he is shoving his dad aside for Dana White !! Are you kidding me junior?

If the commission says he can, he can, that's all there is to it. So many words, so little information