Randy Couture has deals with spike tv to do a MMA Rescue Gym show and coach a TUF knockoff =banned?

SilentDogoodSilentDogood Posts: 237Free
Randy Couture has deals with spike tv to do a MMA Rescue Gym show and coach a TUF knockoff =banned from the UFC? im sure Randy will be welcomed back after bellator tuf is done
Tagged:

Comments

• prodigy9prodigy9 Posts: 1,646Free
    Pretty pathetic banning a hall of famer & former multi weight champ regardless of the reason.
    Don't know who Dana thinks he is... He is ruining the sport.
    JDS,Hunt.

Teixeira, Shogun, Nedkov,Manuwa.

Lombard, Bisping, Belfort.

Hathaway, Semtex,

Sass, Khabib 'The Eagle,

Barboza, Barao.

Cro Cop-Penn-Liddell

• Yesterdays_HeroYesterdays_Hero Posts: 23,619Free
    prodigy9 said:

Pretty pathetic banning a hall of famer & former multi weight champ regardless of the reason.

Dana's only pissed because Bellator now have HUGE name (In the world of MMA anyway) promoting the competition. With Bellator getting the Spike deal and their own reality show Dana and co. won't be able to sandbag the fans with their low(er) quality cards as much anymore.
  • KeemKeem Posts: 6,862Free
    Can't help but feel like Dana is the antagonist in this situation. I normally don't care about these things but it's obvious Dana is.. (For a lack of a better term) "Butt hurt" at Randy's new job ventures, but unless Dana wants to pay Randy's bills or something then by all means ya know. Attacking the dude like how he is doesn't make Randy look any worse than people already/probably make Dana out to be on a reoccurring basis. There's no point in being sour about it.
    _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

- C.Condit - B.Henderson - J.Jones - C.Oliveira

J.Benavidez - H.Hioki - T.Griffin - M.Torres - J. Hathaway - J. Howard - B.Tavares - M.Johnson - M.Brimage - D.Kim - T."Lion" Inoue - LC. Davis - M. Semezier - Y.Alcantara - Wineland - H.Lim

Megumi Fuji

I am an idiot for thinking GSP could finish the P4P GOAT Nick Diaz within 5 rounds

Greg - "It's, about.. WAR! You understand me?! You bounce, you move and you punish this kid. This is 5 minutes of war, now you go and give it to me!"
    Condit- *Aye aye coach; say no more*
  • SteelerNation43SteelerNation43 Posts: 12,654Free
    prodigy9 said:

lol what?

Randy did some scummy ****.

He pussied his way out of a UFC contract without telling Dana the situation at all and he signed with Bellator. On top of that Couture lied directly to Dana and said he did not have a contract with Bellator.

Of course Dana would be pissed.
  • zaksamezaksame Posts: 4,342Free
    You don't ban someone unless it is personal and i feel Dana is taking "something" personal.He is probably afraid of something that Couture knows.
    Dana's ego is a huge problem for a guy representing the face of the UFC,he is often insulting and arrogant,ya the WORST possible candidate,if you are not buddy buddy with the mafia boys.
    Gina Miesha Kyra ...yes please.
  • GobboGobbo Posts: 1,371Free
    I actually think the bellator show sounds more interesting than TuF. I like that there are multiple coaches and the fighters can pick their own coach. That being said I think Bellator will end up falling apart in a few years once more fighters get fed up of being screwed over and sued over stupid crap and all the top talent gets signed by the UFC.
  • BirdhoundBirdhound Posts: 301Free
    edited February 2013
    zaksame said:

You don't ban someone unless it is personal and i feel Dana is taking "something" personal.He is probably afraid of something that Couture knows.
    Dana's ego is a huge problem for a guy representing the face of the UFC,he is often insulting and arrogant,ya the WORST possible candidate,if you are not buddy buddy with the mafia boys.

^Definitely. Dana has nothing to gain by banning Randy from UFC events, whatever the cirumstances. A business man would solve any problems regarding contracts through lawyers and leave the personal stuff aside. He doesn't have to talk to Randy or be anywhere near him at events, and just by being in the building Randy will help sell tickets. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if this is all some big publicity stunt and one day Randy comes back, cornering Ryan in disguise or something. Sounds a lot like this to me: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kayfabe#.22You.27re_fired.21.22_and_.22I_quit.21.22
    But i am cynical about these things, and the way UFC looks and sounds (Chael / Dana) more llike WWE every day doesn't help.
    Post edited by Birdhound on
  • SpyErSpyEr Posts: 670Free

prodigy9 said:

lol what?

Randy did some scummy ****.

He pussied his way out of a UFC contract without telling Dana the situation at all and he signed with Bellator. On top of that Couture lied directly to Dana and said he did not have a contract with Bellator.

Of course Dana would be pissed.
    He did not sign with Bellator. He signed a deal with Spike.