Rematch between Lil' Nog and Shogun in the works.

Comments

• Yesterdays_HeroYesterdays_Hero Posts: 23,573Free
    Shogun's gonna blast him if this happens, Shogun's not the same but he's not Lil Nog bad yet
  • jdukjduk Posts: 8,284Free
    Can't see anyone being interested in any Lil Nog fights after the Evans "fight"
  • megamanmegaman Posts: 5,281Free
    jduk said:

He was fighting the only guy Jones didn't finish in a massive mismatch.

Besides, it was Rashad's fault for not engaging more since Nog had the center of the octagon while being the agressor for the entire fight he also landed the better shots by far.

• jdukjduk Posts: 8,284Free
    megaman said:

jduk said:

Besides, it was Rashad's fault for not engaging more since Nog had the center of the octagon while being the agressor for the entire fight he also landed the better shots by far.
    a lot of fans won't see it like that though
    edited February 2013
    megaman said:

jduk said:

Neither guy tried to make it an entertaining fight
    Post edited by Yesterdays_Hero on
  • PunchBagPunchBag Posts: 7,793Free
    rashad can make any fight boring hes the fitch of standup
    "Believe in the beard"
    I bet against THE KING and he smashed my little gonads into oblivion

• OmoplataypusOmoplataypus BostonPosts: 4,547Free
    Easily the worst fight of 2013. Rashad needs to drop that stupid jab catch. It got him elbowed in the JBJ fight and made him look ridiculous in the Nog fight.

As for Nog vs Shogun, this is basically the tipping point. If he cant beat Nog than its time to retire. Im hoping he gets an exciting W, but how far up the ladder can he really climb at this point?
    !!! WAR KELGOAT
    !!! WAR MAIA
    !!! WAR CORMIER
    !!! WAR WEIDMAN  

Active bets:
    TheSinisterUrge-FRANKIE/bj, wedo619-BROWN/silva, MGun-RUMBLE/prayvis

"GOAT List:
    1. GSP
    2. Ryan LaFlare
    3. Other people"
    I took LyGOATo Machida's piss to the back of the throat and I loved it! wanderleisilva101 is the GOAT

• JDS_over_REEMJDS_over_REEM <This.Posts: 3,285Free
    Soak A Jew KO'd Diet Nog, maybe Shogun can do it this time around.
    This^

thank you @Tiger_Champion for the JoR tags.
  • wanderleisilva101wanderleisilva101 Posts: 9,354Free
    edited February 2013
    I agree it was Rashads fault the fight was boring Nog couldn't over commit or rush in coz of the wrestling, he knew Evans would try take rounds with it like Davis and Bader had done to him. people don't seem to realise he's one of the only guys to completely neutralise Evans takedowns and grappling when he's actually been wanting to use it yeah it wasn't exciting but I was actually impressed.

As for this fight I would rather Shogun got this fight coming off a win It's really to close to call these guys are both 2 of my favourite LHW's (I know inb4youlikeeveryfighter 8-} but they are), I loved the first fight between them and I will be neutral on fight night but I think Nog could maybe take a decision. In the first fight in pride when Shogun was ment to be at his best he got outstruck by Nog and he used takedowns to control and win the fight instead and Lil Nog has just shown excellent TDD so it should interesting I can see this being one of the best fights of the year.

Either way this is one of them win/win lose/lose situations for me.
    Post edited by wanderleisilva101 on
    Bet Record- 76-43

UFC Survivor series tournament 1 winner

It's so cool that my partnership with my best friend and lover Antawn can be recognized as a marriage! DOMA is unconstitutional!

image image
  • ShannonRitch1p4pShannonRitch1p4p Posts: 9,956Free

I agree it was Rashads fault the fight was boring Nog couldn't over commit or rush in coz of the wrestling, he knew Evans would try take rounds with it like Davis and Bader had done to him. people don't seem to realise he's one of the only guys to completely neutralise Evans takedowns and grappling when he's actually been wanting to use it yeah it wasn't exciting but I was actually impressed.

As for this fight I would rather Shogun got this fight coming off a win It's really to close to call these guys are both 2 of my favourite LHW's (I know inb4youlikeeveryfighter 8-} but they are), I loved the first fight between them and I will be neutral on fight night but I think Nog could maybe take a decision. In the first fight in pride when Shogun was ment to be at his best he got outstruck by Nog and he used takedowns to control and win the fight instead and Lil Nog has just shown excellent TDD so it should interesting.

You like every fighter
  • wanderleisilva101wanderleisilva101 Posts: 9,354Free

As for this fight I would rather Shogun got this fight coming off a win It's really to close to call these guys are both 2 of my favourite LHW's (I know inb4youlikeeveryfighter 8-} but they are), I loved the first fight between them and I will be neutral on fight night but I think Nog could maybe take a decision. In the first fight in pride when Shogun was ment to be at his best he got outstruck by Nog and he used takedowns to control and win the fight instead and Lil Nog has just shown excellent TDD so it should interesting.

You like every fighter
    lol

It's true X_X GSP, Jones, Fitch, Koscheck, Mir etc I'm a **** huge fan of all of them guys since day one no question!
    Bet Record- 76-43

UFC Survivor series tournament 1 winner

It's so cool that my partnership with my best friend and lover Antawn can be recognized as a marriage! DOMA is unconstitutional!

image image
  • TheUnicornTheUnicorn Posts: 493Free
    jduk said:

I didn't mind the Lil Nog/Evans fight was not the most exciting but Lil Nog looked good picked Evans apart with superior Boxing and won

Lil Nog for the upset...again
    HW- Pat Barry

LHW- Maldonado, Diabate

MW- Chris Leben, Vitor

WW- Nick Diaz

LW- Nate Diaz, Varner

FW- Bart P

BW- Eddie Wineland

Flyweight- Louis Gaudinot

Sigbet record 2-1

jduk said:

I didn't mind the Lil Nog/Evans fight was not the most exciting but Lil Nog looked good picked Evans apart with superior Boxing and won

It was a terrible fight. Rashad was fine just standing there touching hands for 3 rounds. He didn't even try to get something going.
  • FroZeNFroZeN Posts: 4,762Free
    Evans looked like complete and utter crap in his last fight and I think everyone who says the same Rashad that destroyed Chuck, Tito, and Hampage wasn't the same one that showed up to that fight.

As far as this fight goes, Shogun will knock out Lil Nog. This is pretty much a battle of the irrelevant and it sucks cause I like Shogun, but I just don't know how much he has in his tank anymore. After struggling to beat Vera who knows now. I hope he is training his **** off like he used to. An in shape Shogun is a dangerous man for anyone.
    OFFICIAL UFC FORUM BLACKBELT
  • the_enigmathe_enigma Posts: 19,043Premium
    the stars may align for two fading greats to have one last thrilling fight, sort of like chuck/wandy.

Or maybe Shogun really does benefit from getting back with his old coach instead of training himself and comes out looking like the shogun that we all know is in there somewhere and straight up molests Nog.

2013 predictions league champion
    Forum odds makers league all division champ, p4p 1... no.1 period.
    Forum Face Off 2012 champion, 2013 no.2, 2013 most wins as champ
    Last one to post wins winner x2

imageimage
  • TheUnicornTheUnicorn Posts: 493Free

jduk said:

It was a terrible fight. Rashad was fine just standing there touching hands for 3 rounds. He didn't even try to get something going.
    exactly it was Rashads falt dont balme Nog for Evans being a **** the whole time
    HW- Pat Barry

LHW- Maldonado, Diabate

MW- Chris Leben, Vitor

WW- Nick Diaz

LW- Nate Diaz, Varner

FW- Bart P

BW- Eddie Wineland

Flyweight- Louis Gaudinot

Sigbet record 2-1
  • OmoplataypusOmoplataypus BostonPosts: 4,547Free
    It wasn't a terrible fight. It was much much worse than that. Worst fight of 2013 so far and I wouldn't be surprised if it stood until the end of the year.
    !!! WAR KELGOAT
    !!! WAR MAIA
    !!! WAR CORMIER
    !!! WAR WEIDMAN  

Active bets:
    TheSinisterUrge-FRANKIE/bj, wedo619-BROWN/silva, MGun-RUMBLE/prayvis

"GOAT List:
    1. GSP
    2. Ryan LaFlare
    3. Other people"
    I took LyGOATo Machida's piss to the back of the throat and I loved it! wanderleisilva101 is the GOAT

jduk said:

exactly it was Rashads falt dont balme Nog for Evans being a **** the whole time
    Nog seemed comfortable with it to, he wasn't trying to do anything to truly seal the fight.
  • ThePack19ThePack19 Posts: 1,976Free
    Little Nog and shogun............Ummm....sure....whatever......ZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzz
  • jamamawjamamaw Posts: 2,379Free
    ThePack19 said:

Little Nog and shogun............Ummm....sure....whatever......ZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzz

Boo this man!
    Anderson silva

Nick diaz

Gegard Mousasi

gilbert melendez

wanderlei silva

Tito ortiz

Rampage jackson

Paul Daley

DC
    Megumi Fuji

Sig bet Record: 1-0
  • DaPhreshnessDaPhreshness Posts: 84Free
    Nogueira will win this. Shogun doesn't have it anymore, and now Nogueira has some of the best TDD in the division. In their first fight, Nog won the exchanges standing and Shogun out-grappled him. Shogun won't be able to take him down and he'll get blasted apart all the way to a decision.
    Favorite Fighters by Division:

Liz Carmouche
    Tim Elliott
    Eddie Wineland
    Frankie Edgar
    Melvin Guillard/TJ Grant
    Mike Pierce
    Michael Bisping
    Alexander Gustafsson
    Minotauro Nogueira/Matt Mitrione
  • Good fight, makes perfect sense.

And obviously

WAR SHOGUUUUUUUNN!!!
  • JohnnyZadarJohnnyZadar Posts: 8,936Free
    if Shoguns head is screwed on tight...this is his fight to win...
  • PoloRidahPoloRidah Posts: 11,220Free
    I think I would rather see Rashad vs Shogun even though Rashad's performance against Lil Nog was not that impressive.
    Hendricks 1,2,3,4

• JohnnyZadarJohnnyZadar Posts: 8,936Free
    PoloRidah said:

I think I would rather see Rashad vs Shogun even though Rashad's performance against Lil Nog was not that impressive.

i endorse this post :)
  • Rashad would try to lay n pray. Lil Nog vs Shogun will be a stand up war
  • PoloRidahPoloRidah Posts: 11,220Free

Rashad would try to lay n pray. Lil Nog vs Shogun will be a stand up war

Rashad hasn't been using his wrestling lately so who knows.

But I agree Lil Nog vs Shogun *should* be a good stand up war. I wouldn't be surprised if Shogun takes him down though.
    Hendricks 1,2,3,4