Who should Bigfoot be matched up against next? Pole included.

PoloRidahPoloRidah Posts: 11,253Free
edited February 2013 in UFC
With Bigfoot on a two fight winning streak against top Heavyweight contenders, after his brutal loss to the current champ Cain Velasquez, who should his next opponent be?

Do his wins over Hapa and Reem grant him another shot at Cain(who holds the belt now)?

Does he need another win before getting a title shot? If so against who?

What makes the most sense to my fellow forum users?

Who should Bigfoot be matched up against next? Pole included.

Sign in to vote!
This is a public poll: others will see what you voted for.
Hendricks 1,2,3,4

Comments

• BanutuBanutu Posts: 619Free
    Junior Dos Santos
    he might have beat a slow, slug, arrogant, gassed out overeem, but boy he is a walking target to JDS
  • WarWestWarWest Órale VatoPosts: 33,719Free
    Junior Dos Santos
    JDS
    The Cal Ripken Of GSP hatin'
    Arch Bishop Of Anti-GSP
    The Stockton Hater
    209's So Fine
  • TheUnicornTheUnicorn Posts: 493Free
    Winner of Roy Nelson/Cheick Kongo
    I would say winner of Nelson/Kongo the fight would be intense and it would make sense
    HW- Pat Barry

LHW- Maldonado, Diabate

MW- Chris Leben, Vitor

WW- Nick Diaz

LW- Nate Diaz, Varner

FW- Bart P

BW- Eddie Wineland

Flyweight- Louis Gaudinot

Sigbet record 2-1
  • Beloved89Beloved89 Posts: 215Free
    Junior Dos Santos
    I think this one makes the most sense.
    WAR CIGANO!!

Cain is far superior to Big Foot, and so is Spartacus_ to me. I should not bet against the undefeated GOAT poster.
  • JDS_over_REEMJDS_over_REEM <This.Posts: 3,285Free
    edited February 2013
    I think Dana will make sure JDS fights Bigfoot next. They both train together and wouldn't think about fighting each other unless it was for the title. The thing is that neither of them are in a position to turn down a fight right now.

Bigfoot is just in a bad place recently losing to the champ. I'd put him even with Mark Hunt, Mir, and Roy Nelson. If Struve beats Hunt he's on a 5-0 run. If that doesn't make him the #1 contender then I don't know who is/
    Post edited by JDS_over_REEM on
    This^

thank you @Tiger_Champion for the JoR tags.
  • PoloRidahPoloRidah Posts: 11,253Free
    Winner of Mark Hunt/Stefan Struve
    Pretty scattered poll votes. I'm anxious to hear the next match ups at heavyweight. Reem as well.
    Hendricks 1,2,3,4

edited February 2013
    Bigfoot is ranked either higher or lower than the rest of those fighters next to Kongo beating Nelson, which I seriously doubt will happen. If Gonzaga wins would be the perfect fight for Bigfoot right now IMO.
    This^

• JohnnyZadarJohnnyZadar Posts: 8,936Free
    Junior Dos Santos
    Obvious choice is JDS...but will they fight each other?or will it be like Cain and DC?...this is getting tiresome...lol
    edited February 2013

Obvious choice is JDS...but will they fight each other?or will it be like Cain and DC?...this is getting tiresome...lol

JDS isn't in a position to turn down a fight, neither is Bigfoot. JDS isn't champion anymore. This isn't a Cain/DC or Silva/Machida situation at the moment. Both JDS and Bigfoot know that a dominant win over one another would put them on the fast track to a title shot.
    This^

• FroZeNFroZeN Posts: 4,762Free
    Junior Dos Santos
    I would say JDS. He derailed the Overeem hypetrain hard and either of these guys with a victory over one another will get the next title shot.
    OFFICIAL UFC FORUM BLACKBELT
  • JohnnyZadarJohnnyZadar Posts: 8,936Free
    Junior Dos Santos
    imo...id rather Dana hype the trilogy now...
  • jpc_ultimatejpc_ultimate Posts: 980Free
    Junior Dos Santos
    If MIr looses to DC, he should get Mir
  • ThePack19ThePack19 Posts: 1,976Free
    Cain fought bigfoot to get his rematch, so JDS should fight bigfoot to get his rematch since JDS will destroy bigfoot.
  • TheMmaKnowItAllTheMmaKnowItAll Posts: 523Registered Users
    I wanna see hunt or Nelson get a shot, don't mind if he fights jds either tho
  • Yesterdays_HeroYesterdays_Hero Posts: 23,588Free

JDS isn't in a position to turn down a fight, neither is Bigfoot. JDS isn't champion anymore. This isn't a Cain/DC or Silva/Machida situation at the moment. Both JDS and Bigfoot know that a dominant win over one another would put them on the fast track to a title shot.
    If the 2 don't want to fight each other, they won't and the UFc won't do anything. The UFC can't release good Heavyweights because there's barely any of them. Plus Dana wants to push the rubber match ASAP so I doubt he cares who JDS knocks out.
  • MMA_EpidemicMMA_Epidemic Posts: 23Free
    Cain vs Bigfoot II and JDS vs Reem is most likely slated for May at UFC 160
  • TahuneTahune Posts: 1,875Free
    I get the feeling JDS would destroy bigfoot and overeem (judging on overeem's last showing). I'd rather see Silva get another crack at Cormier. Though what I would like to see and what will actually happen are two different things
    Grover- Future LHW champ!
    I think JDS would destroy Overeem IMO but that match up between Bigfoot and Cormier would be very interesting to see again. Maybe if Cormier gets past Mir they might do that fight but I've heard Cormier will drop to LHW after the Mir fight but then again you never know what will happen!
  • amuneraamunera Posts: 1,902Free
    Winner of Roy Nelson/Cheick Kongo
    Pole was not included. It was a though match up for jones i reckon could have given Bigfoot troubles as well

So big country should be next. If big country wins he could make a case for a title shot and i want ti see Roy fight for the title hehehehe
    Fighter Picks League 4 Champion
    Fav:
    HW: JDS/Nelson LHW: Evans WW: Maia/Sanchez LW: Miller/J-Lau FW:Siver BW TBA FlW: Benavidez

• classicboxerclassicboxer Posts: 11,823Free
    Rematch with Reem.
    Oakland, CA: Raiders, A's, Warriors
  • PunchBagPunchBag Posts: 7,817Free
    should be barnett for number 1 contender
    "Believe in the beard"
    I bet against THE KING and he smashed my little gonads into oblivion

• TahuneTahune Posts: 1,875Free

I think JDS would destroy Overeem IMO but that match up between Bigfoot and Cormier would be very interesting to see again. Maybe if Cormier gets past Mir they might do that fight but I've heard Cormier will drop to LHW after the Mir fight but then again you never know what will happen!

I don't think Cormier will drop. I guessing his motivation for dropping is Jones. He'd be better off waiting for jones to make the move up. There is plenty of talk about how he suffers trying to cut weight and at this stage it'd be silly to. I just hope he can get over the whole "I'm not fighting my cobber Cain".
    I'd really like to see Cain Vs Cormier.

Grover- Future LHW champ!
  • PunchBagPunchBag Posts: 7,817Free
    edited February 2013
    his motivation for dropping is cain, hes his real life friend and training partner. He wants a belt so his only chance is jones.
    Post edited by PunchBag on
    "Believe in the beard"
    I bet against THE KING and he smashed my little gonads into oblivion

Tahune said:

I don't think Cormier will drop. I guessing his motivation for dropping is Jones. He'd be better off waiting for jones to make the move up. There is plenty of talk about how he suffers trying to cut weight and at this stage it'd be silly to. I just hope he can get over the whole "I'm not fighting my cobber Cain".

I would like to see that fight happen but it wont its just like JDS and Bigfoot will never fight one another. Thats why I dont see Cormier staying at HW for long and plus if Jones does go up to HW that would better for Cormier as he will have a better chance of winning the LHW title. Cormier isnt dropping just to fight Jones, he wants to be the champion and as long as Cain is around at HW we will see Cormier dropping sooner or later

Tahune said:

I would like to see that fight happen but it wont its just like JDS and Bigfoot will never fight one another. Thats why I dont see Cormier staying at HW for long and plus if Jones does go up to HW that would better for Cormier as he will have a better chance of winning the LHW title. Cormier isnt dropping just to fight Jones, he wants to be the champion and as long as Cain is around at HW we will see Cormier dropping sooner or later

Have those two said they were opposed to fighting each other? I wasn't aware of that.

So JDS/Bigfoot and DC/Cain aren't willing to fight one another. That spoils some good match ups at heavyweight that I'm sure people would love to see. I understand though.
    Hendricks 1,2,3,4

Cain was the correct answer. Too bad Cormier got held up in Strikeforce because the man thats getting the next title shot at heavy weight was owned by DC.
    Hendricks 1,2,3,4