Rousey: Cheating “Cryborg” is desperate for attention

MMALivesHereMMALivesHere Posts: 80Free
Inaugural UFC women's champion Ronda Rousey (6-0) has pulled no punches in her latest assessment of rival Cristiane "Cyborg" Santos (12-1). Rousey spoke to The Canadian Press ahead of her historic UFC 157 main event clash with Liz Carmouche (8-2).

“I think that she’s just desperate for attention and seeing herself becoming irrelevant because she hasn’t had a recorded win in around two years. They’re just whining — we’ve started calling her Cryborg now. The UFC offered to pay for her to have Mike Dolce, a really well-renowned and respected nutrionist, work with her. And he said he could get her down healthily to 135. And he even said she’d be in the best shape ever and he thinks that she would beat me at that weight. I disagree with him on that part but I think she’s entirely capable of making that weight healthily ... Where was this concern for your heart and your child-bearing when you were shooting yourself up with steroids? It’s very, very convenient to play that card when it works out convenient for you. I’m putting my foot down. You’re not coming in overweight, you’re not shooting yourself up with steroids and you’re going to fight for the only title that there is. And we’re not making any exceptions for you because you’re a cheater.”

From www.mmaliveshere.com
Tagged:

Comments

• PunchBagPunchBag Posts: 7,782Free
    rousey is correct, cyborg is just trying to establish her name again and tito is trying to keep being famous.

Cyborg needs to win some fights.
    "Believe in the beard"
    I bet against THE KING and he smashed my little gonads into oblivion

• wedo619wedo619 Posts: 1,216Free

so Mike Dolce is now god and decides what's cyborg best weight? based on...?

yeah pretty much hegot thiago alvez to make weight after he had astint of being overweight i think 3 times
    photo NickDiazHitem.jpg

sigbet record- 1-0
  • sobercorruptsobercorrupt Sobercorrupt Posts: 25,780Moderator, Ultimate

Those who fight, do. Those who can't, cook.
    imageimageimageimageimage < -- click one

I am an idiot for thinking GSP could finish the P4P GOAT Nick Diaz within 5 rounds
  • wanderleisilva101wanderleisilva101 Posts: 9,331Free
    wedo619 said:

yeah pretty much hegot thiago alvez to make weight after he had astint of being overweight i think 3 times
    yeah he gets them to make weight but they usually still lose I don't know if Cyborg can't make 135 or if she's ducking but if it is too much weight to cut it effects your performance Dolce or no Dolce.
    Bet Record- 76-43

UFC Survivor series tournament 1 winner

It's so cool that my partnership with my best friend and lover Antawn can be recognized as a marriage! DOMA is unconstitutional!

image image
  • OmoplataypusOmoplataypus BostonPosts: 4,534Free
    "CRYBORG." That's great.
    !!! WAR KELGOAT
    !!! WAR MAIA
    !!! WAR CORMIER
    !!! WAR WEIDMAN  

Active bets:
    TheSinisterUrge-FRANKIE/bj, wedo619-BROWN/silva, MGun-RUMBLE/prayvis

"GOAT List:
    1. GSP
    2. Ryan LaFlare
    3. Other people"
    I took LyGOATo Machida's piss to the back of the throat and I loved it! wanderleisilva101 is the GOAT

• TheUnicornTheUnicorn Posts: 493Free
    gotta love Ronda
    HW- Pat Barry

LHW- Maldonado, Diabate

MW- Chris Leben, Vitor

WW- Nick Diaz

LW- Nate Diaz, Varner

FW- Bart P

BW- Eddie Wineland

Flyweight- Louis Gaudinot

Sigbet record 2-1
  • MattNMattN Posts: 1,299Free
    It's too bad, the fight that most people want to see won't happen.....I guess Cyborg probably going to Invicta crushing cans.

But Cyborg will crush Ronda if they meet, she's strong enough to body slam a 230 lbs Tito, she's a Brazillian that practice BJJ, there's no 1st rd arm bar happening.
    Favorite fighters:

Shane Carwin

Anderson Silva

Frankie Edgar
  • ShannonRitch1p4pShannonRitch1p4p Posts: 9,924Free
    edited February 2013
    MattN said:

It's too bad, the fight that most people want to see won't happen.....I guess Cyborg probably going to Invicta crushing cans.

But Cyborg will crush Ronda if they meet, she's strong enough to body slam a 230 lbs Tito, she's a Brazillian that practice BJJ, there's no 1st rd arm bar happening.

Than explain how Gina, an actor who is good at kickboxing got full mount on her. This is a close fight and it all depends on how she fights clean. I feel like they are ducking each other.

Ronda with the initial drop to 35, and Cris unwilling to cut 5 extra lbs.
    Post edited by ShannonRitch1p4p on
  • ShannonRitch1p4pShannonRitch1p4p Posts: 9,924Free
    And she never slammed Tito. She lifted him a foot off the ground and he fell back to the mat.
  • GobboGobbo Posts: 1,371Free
    To me it's Rousey who has to beat Cyborg to prove she's the best not the other way around. I think Rousey is talented, but I believe she just happened to get her streak at the right time to become the face of WMMA but never had to fight the top dog that is Cyborg. I buy Cyborg's reasons for not cutting (doctor advised against it for health reasons and possible effects on ability to have children in future), and in her shoes I would listen to my doctor over a glorified nutrionist who says he can get her to drop the weight. I believe that Rousey thinks she can win, and she would have a decent shot at it; I do not think the UFC wants this fight however because while it would be a super fight as far as WMMA goes a lot of casuals don't know who Cyborg is. Thus if Cyborg won if could end or severly hurt the advancement of women in the UFC as Cyborg is not nearly as marketable.
  • WarWestWarWest Órale VatoPosts: 33,647Free
    edited February 2013
    Of course she is

She doesnt want to stop her cycle to make 135, its quite funny

She keeps talking about "I'm the true champion" and blah, blah, blah

Breaking news!!! You're not a champion now and you have never been a champion at 135

So, to say a person that is the champion at 135 is ducking you is ludacris, the champion at 135 cant even jump up to your weightclass that doesnt exist

Herp the derp all over a pile of dumb*** Cyborg
    Post edited by WarWest on
    The Cal Ripken Of GSP hatin'
    Arch Bishop Of Anti-GSP
    The Stockton Hater
    209's So Fine