Cyrille Diabate: I See Myself Stopping Manuwa

MMAUnltdMMAUnltd Posts: 1,332Registered Users
This is going to be one epic fight in London at the weekend! Probably the one most people are looking forward to, along with the main event.

Diabate says he's a better striker and will stop Manuwa, but Jimi has some sick power in his hands and knees so it won't be easy.

http://www.yourmma.tv/fighters/interview-details.asp/id/309/cyrille-diabate-talks-jimi-manuwa-ufc-on-fuel-7.htm

"I think he can go far. He seems tough and powerful. I think his ground is his weak point though. I feel I have better standup and I also have knockout power.

"I see myself knocking him out or submitting him. I will combat his creativity, power and speed with being more creative, powerful and fast."
Tagged:

Comments

• PunchBagPunchBag Posts: 7,869Free
    all i know is someone is going to get kod
    "Believe in the beard"
    I bet against THE KING and he smashed my little gonads into oblivion

• georgelebrungeorgelebrun Posts: 1,675Free
    I think the only way Diabate will stop Manuwa is if Manuwa charges right into a knee or something, Diabate is a big guy. Other than that though my prediction is that Jimi will take his head off
    The Diaz Brothers - The Sex - The Shogun Warrior - The H Bomb - The Reem - JDS - The Smooth One - The California Kid - The Korean Zombie - The Gangster from West Linn - The Count all FTW!!

Sig Bet record 3 - 0
  • TheOvereemTheOvereem Posts: 8,997Free
    Manuwa will finish him early imo.. Diabate hasn't been stopped often in his mma career but he won't be able to handle Jimi's crazy power!
    1st round TKO

Overeem - Shogun - Mousasi - Manuwa - Bisping - Manhoef - Watson - Daley - Hardy - B.Henderson - McGregor - Pickett

Train by day, Joe Rogan Podcast by night, all day!

I am an idiot for thinking GSP could finish the P4P GOAT Nick Diaz within 5 rounds

• TheUnicornTheUnicorn Posts: 493Free
    Diabate will stop Manuwa, I am a huuuuge Diabate fan can't wait to see this sick **** fight
    HW- Pat Barry

LHW- Maldonado, Diabate

MW- Chris Leben, Vitor

WW- Nick Diaz

LW- Nate Diaz, Varner

FW- Bart P

BW- Eddie Wineland

Flyweight- Louis Gaudinot

Sigbet record 2-1
  • wanderleisilva101wanderleisilva101 Posts: 9,439Free
    Diabate has very good kickboxing and showed some submission skills against Griggs I'm slightly favoring Manuwa to get the finish but I could be very wrong.
    Bet Record- 76-43

UFC Survivor series tournament 1 winner

It's so cool that my partnership with my best friend and lover Antawn can be recognized as a marriage! DOMA is unconstitutional!

image image

Diabate has very good kickboxing and showed some submission skills against Griggs I'm slightly favoring Manuwa to get the finish but I could be very wrong.

Diabate looked damn good against Griggs, I seen a few wholes in his grappling in that fight but he also did finish the fight with a sub so he is some what skilled on the ground
    HW- Pat Barry

LHW- Maldonado, Diabate

MW- Chris Leben, Vitor

WW- Nick Diaz

LW- Nate Diaz, Varner

FW- Bart P

BW- Eddie Wineland

Sigbet record 2-1
  • SteelerNation43SteelerNation43 Posts: 12,700Free
    another interesting fact is the only person to ever KO Diabate was Shogun due to a stomp.
  • TheOvereemTheOvereem Posts: 8,997Free

another interesting fact is the only person to ever KO Diabate was Shogun due to a stomp.

He's also 3-0 against English fighters, 1 of those wins in a kickboxing match against Michael Bisping!

Confident Manuwa will do enough though, Diabate hasn't faced this type of power in his long career

Overeem - Shogun - Mousasi - Manuwa - Bisping - Manhoef - Watson - Daley - Hardy - B.Henderson - McGregor - Pickett

Train by day, Joe Rogan Podcast by night, all day!

I am an idiot for thinking GSP could finish the P4P GOAT Nick Diaz within 5 rounds

He's also 3-0 against English fighters, 1 of those wins in a kickboxing match against Michael Bisping!

Confident Manuwa will do enough though, Diabate hasn't faced this type of power in his long career

Diabate will use his reach and superior counter striking to drop then stop Manuwa in the 1st
    HW- Pat Barry

LHW- Maldonado, Diabate

MW- Chris Leben, Vitor

WW- Nick Diaz

LW- Nate Diaz, Varner

FW- Bart P

BW- Eddie Wineland

Sigbet record 2-1
  • PoloRidahPoloRidah Posts: 11,407Free
    edited February 2013

Diabate will use his reach and superior counter striking to drop then stop Manuwa in the 1st
    This fight all depends on how well Manuwa can handle Diabate's reach. Diabate is a tall lanky dude similiar to Jon Jones.
    Post edited by PoloRidah on
    Hendricks 1,2,3,4

• Cannot wait for this fight! Damn. Diabate has really sharp technical striking and Manuwa has got good boxing with massive power. I like both guys so I am just gonna kick back and see what happens.
    Legends - Bruce Lee, Genki Sudo, Joachim Hansen
    HW - JDS, Browne, Hunt, Big Nog
    LHW - Bones, Gustafsson, Jimi Manuwa, Te Huna, Gian Villante
    MW - Weidman, Cung Le, Dylan Andrews, Magnus Cedenblad
    WW - Hendricks, Condit, Robbie Lawler, Brian Foster, Erick Silva, Hyun Gyu Lim, Thatch, Sean Spencer
    LW - Pettis, Khabib, Dos Anjos, Edson Barboza, Jim Miller, Bobby Green, Chiesa
    FW - Conor McGregor, Korean Zombie, Frankie, Poirier, Charles Oliveria, Rony Jason
    BW - Cruz, Pickett, Vaughan Lee, Iuri Alcantara, Erik Perez, Russell Doane
    WBW - Cat Zingano
    FLY - John Lineker, Louis Smolka
  • Yesterdays_HeroYesterdays_Hero Posts: 23,665Free

Diabate looked damn good against Griggs, I seen a few wholes in his grappling in that fight but he also did finish the fight with a sub so he is some what skilled on the ground
    Yeah but Griggs is terrible.
  • SolidStateLogicSolidStateLogic Posts: 4,184Free
    Manuwa is going to knock Diabate's head off.
    Overeem - Hari - Spong - Daley - Hardy - Manhoef - A. Silva - Rutten - Diaz Bros
  • Za1994Za1994 Posts: 3,188Free
    I like Manuwa but I don't think he's ready for the striking that Diabate has. I got him in this matchup.
    Been on the Anthony "Showtime" Pettis train since day one. No questions asked. Showtime Attack Force Too Strong.
    http://forums.ufcfightclub.com/discussion/139486/i-see-it-now-anthony-showtime-pettis-will-go-down-as-the-goat/p1
    Represent Roufusport:
    Milwaukee, Wisconsin. 414 Reppin' the Mil
    UFC 164 Milwaukee, WI