Rich Franklin is the ultimate mediocre UFC fighter

SistiSisti Posts: 5,312Free
In his last 8-fights he has went win-loss-win-loss-win-loss-win-loss lol
Tagged:

Comments

• SistiSisti Posts: 5,312Free
    Since UFC 58...

he's been on only 2 2-fight win streaks and beyond that has never had a streak of more than 1 win or loss in a row
  • PoloRidahPoloRidah Posts: 11,226Free
    Sisti said:

He has only lost to two people at middleweight, Anderson Silva and recently Cung Le.
    Hendricks 1,2,3,4

PoloRidah said:

Sisti said:

He has only lost to two people at middleweight, Anderson Silva and recently Cung Le.
    Lost to Hendo, Vitor, and Forrest in between that tho

I think he's better off staying at 205 until Silva leaves the division
  • PoloRidahPoloRidah Posts: 11,226Free
    edited February 2013
    He has had way more success at Middleweight. Majority of his losses come at LHW. He's not big enough for LHW. Forrest LnP'd him.

He's had a lot of catch weight fights though. He's like right in the middle where cutting to middleweight is hard for him but the LHW's are too big for him.

He's getting older now and his career is coming to an end soon I'd imagine. We will see some more fights from Rich I believe but he won't be pushing for a title so if he wanted to stick around at middleweight to put on some good fights I wouldn't complain. I've always been a big fan of Rich.

Also if you can't beat Franklin at middleweight you aren't going to pull anything off in that division.
    Post edited by PoloRidah on
    Hendricks 1,2,3,4

He'd be a perfect match-up for Bisping...he's at the exact level of fighter that Bisping struggles with. It would be an interesting test to see if Bisping could finally get past a big name
  • ShannonRitch1p4pShannonRitch1p4p Posts: 9,957Free
    edited February 2013
    Lol. He was a former defending MW champion. Hard from a mediocre fighter. He is still very skilled but he is at the end of his career and his chin is fading so of course he will take a few L's. Fighters and athletes get too much flack for a lack of success at the tail end of their career What do you expect? Athletes usually have limited time where they can get to and stay on top.
    Post edited by ShannonRitch1p4p on

Lol. He was a former defending MW champion. Hard from a mediocre fighter. He is still very skilled but he is at the end of his career and his chin is fading so of course he will take a few L's. Fighters and athletes get too much flack for a lack of success at the tail end of their career? What do you expect? Athletes usually have limited time where they can get to and stay on top.

Just find it funny that every win is alternated with a loss...he's the only fighter in the UFC that is that consistent in terms of winning then losing and never going on a very bad or very good streak
  • MetatronBJJMetatronBJJ Posts: 1,243Free
    I'd definitely say he is mediocre at this point in his career. A mediocre MMA fighter in the UFC is still a bad MOFO
    I don't want to knock him out. I want to hurt him. If I knock him down, I'll stand back, give him a chance to breathe. It's his heart I want. - Smokin Joe Frazier
  • MMA_FTWMMA_FTW Co-Owner of the UFCPosts: 6,818Free
    There's no such thing as a 1 win, winning streak or 1 loss, losing streak.
    "Game recognize game and you lookin' kinda unfamiliar right now. I - I can't... Where's Granddad? Can I help you, sir?"
    it's just a point...it's a forum, ur meant to talk about fighters...he has been alternating between win-loss for 8 fights...he's the only guy in the UFC that never goes on streaks
  • SteelerNation43SteelerNation43 Posts: 12,653Free
    Sisti said:

it's just a point...it's a forum, ur meant to talk about fighters...he has been alternating between win-loss for 8 fights...he's the only guy in the UFC that never goes on streaks

The only fighters you could complain about him losing to are Le and Griffin.

I'll say it again, he's not mediocre, he's just getting old.
  • PunchBagPunchBag Posts: 7,804Free
    guy needs to retire he is barely top 20 anymore
    "Believe in the beard"
    I bet against THE KING and he smashed my little gonads into oblivion

• BruteDionBruteDion Posts: 10,489Free
    edited February 2013
    What?

Ace is a great fighter....he only lost to the top thus til a year ago...his prime just came to late

And don't forget after he lost the silva rematch Dana forced him to move to LHW cuz he felt rich would just beat anyone who would challenge Silva...Dana felt he would just be the #2 guy no one could beat to get to silva and Dana could not have that...hardly an Avg fighter
    Post edited by BruteDion on
    Sig record
    40-21

Owner Of Forum Souls: Bright508620 - MMAFAN001 - CRAZYNOONGAH

What do you get when you take A.Silva's clinch game + Mark Hunt's Iron Chin + Mushy Lady Parts?

A: Cat Zingano....the UFC's true #1 women's contender

< img src =photo BD2_zps23b2f3d9.jpg>
  • SteelerNation43SteelerNation43 Posts: 12,653Free
    Sisti said:

and i hear ya on its just a point....but if your gonna question a fighters ability and i disagree...im gonna question your post :)
    reasonable comment steelernation

i think being a win-loss fighter in the UFC at Franlkin's age makes him a great talent. it takes a 1 in a million talent to be able to stay relevant in the ufc at that age
  • FroZeNFroZeN Posts: 4,762Free
    Rich is a prime fighter and class act. You gotta respect the guy. He is HoF material in my eyes.
    OFFICIAL UFC FORUM BLACKBELT
  • Lol. He was a former defending MW champion. Hard from a mediocre fighter. He is still very skilled but he is at the end of his career and his chin is fading so of course he will take a few L's. Fighters and athletes get too much flack for a lack of success at the tail end of their career What do you expect? Athletes usually have limited time where they can get to and stay on top.

Agreed, that's the way it should be, take your losses and old age like a man and not use TRT
  • MABFanForLifeMABFanForLife Posts: 3,580Registered Users

this thread is really dumb.

He has a 29-7 record mostly against named fighters.

The only people he has lost to is Silva, Hendo, Chida, Griffin, Belfort, and Le....half of those losses coming very late in his career. He's just getting older, he's obviously not gonna be able to do what he used to in his prime.

One of the best MW records of all time.

This.

Franklin is much like Couture and Penn. He was always looking for the big name fights. Didn't matter if he could win them or not, he always wanted to fight against the top dogs at both 185, 205, and anywhere in between.

Franklin deserves respect. He's never made excuses and has always come to fight.
    Exia will eliminate targets.

Bas Is The Boss!

Patroller For The Anti-Troll Task Force Team. Trolls, Be Warned!
  • GobboGobbo Posts: 1,371Free
    I don't see Rich Franklin becoming champion again, but it's an insult to him to call him mediocre. He beats all but the top dogs, and age catches up with everyone. Was Liddell a mediocre fighter? No age just caught up with him in the end. As someone in a previous post said, Rich Franklin is also caught in an unfortunate spot especially now that he's aging in that he is too large for 185 to make the cut easily and too small for 205. Rich has an incredible heart which you can see in his fights with Silva where he just got battered and kept going until he was dropped or his fight with Liddell where he had his arm broken and kept going, he has amazing sub defense and he is an all around classy fighter. Franklin is the perfect spokesmodel for MMA and if it was shown that more fighters were like him I think you would find it legalized in more states; whether you like him or not you should respect him and how he conducts himself in and out of the octagon and I hope one day his hard work and dedication to the sport is recognized and he earns a spot in the UFC HoF.
  • GSP_over_SilvaGSP_over_Silva Posts: 12,185Free
    Shut the **** up, yo.
    Believe in Beard
  • SolidStateLogicSolidStateLogic Posts: 4,181Free
    Have you heard of Michael Bisping?
    Overeem - Hari - Spong - Daley - Hardy - Manhoef - A. Silva - Rutten - Diaz Bros
  • STRSTR Posts: 15Premium
    He can still rise back to prominence again if he watches and controls his unconscious moments during the fights. Everytime he drifts off even for a moment in the fights is when he is canned. He is not fully present in his fights mentally. "What happens regularly and frequently often remains unobserved or unrecognized by the conscious mind, so that light trance states in daily life occur, pass unnoticed, and remain unrecorded" It is these brief 'unconscious moments' when a fighter is not really in the fight any longer but somewhere else out there in their own mind that the master takes advantage. Drift off due to the routine of the frequency and regularity of what you do, even if its a fight that means a lot and you go down just like Rich Franklin did in that fight when he nonchalantly in a routine way throws another kick at the master, who picked up earlier in the fight that this was taking place, fully awake to the goings on and fully present in the moment strikes once the weakness is found and the fight is over. This is not always the case of course as many get slammed even fully awake but those that win the most have fewer unconscious moments by seeing the fight and all that goes on as new all over again, never allowing themselves to fall prey to that danger of routine.