Chad Mendes vs Clay Guida scheduled for April 20th

Comments

• PoloRidahPoloRidah Posts: 11,253Free
    I knew it.

Guida isn't going to be able to lay n pray Chad.

What is Guida's game plan going to be in this fight @Megaman (Wasn't your name MrCaveman or something?)
    Hendricks 1,2,3,4

• megamanmegaman Posts: 5,281Free
    edited February 2013
    PoloRidah said:

I knew it.

What is Guida's game plan going to be in this fight @Megaman (Wasn't your name MrCaveman or something?)

Yes it was actually, for some reason it changed when the new forum appeared.
    Post edited by megaman on

megaman said:

PoloRidah said:

I knew it.

Weird.

Anyway how do you think Guida is going to approach this fight?
    Hendricks 1,2,3,4

• wanderleisilva101wanderleisilva101 Posts: 9,364Free
    PoloRidah said:

megaman said:

PoloRidah said:

I knew it.

Weird.

He will realise he can't get Mendes down and try to run all fight but Mendes will just beat his **** down and probably take a UD.
    Bet Record- 76-43

UFC Survivor series tournament 1 winner

It's so cool that my partnership with my best friend and lover Antawn can be recognized as a marriage! DOMA is unconstitutional!

image image
  • PunchBagPunchBag Posts: 7,819Free
    his game plan will be the flying carpet aka guida vs gray
    "Believe in the beard"
    I bet against THE KING and he smashed my little gonads into oblivion

• ShannonRitch1p4pShannonRitch1p4p Posts: 9,961Free
    This is a hilarious matchup when you think about it.

Battle of 2 guys where 1 was very exciting but is now the most boring fighter in MMA vs a guy who used to be pretty boring himself but is now an exciting fighter.

As usual, ill root for the more exciting one.

WAR MENDES!
  • PunchBagPunchBag Posts: 7,819Free
    guida has never been exciting
    "Believe in the beard"
    I bet against THE KING and he smashed my little gonads into oblivion

• megamanmegaman Posts: 5,281Free
    edited February 2013
    PoloRidah said:

megaman said:

PoloRidah said:

I knew it.

Weird.

It's kind of hard to say, in his last four fights he has gone out there with a different style everytime.

If he fights like he did in the Benson fight IMO he wins, he won some of the exchanges on the feet in that fight and even outgrappled Bendo a couple of times who is a huge LW.

There's no way he's going to get W against Mendes if he just tries to L'n'P so he'll have to switch it up, his power double though is vicious and he can drag anyone to the ground with it.

I hope he doesn't win if he "fights" like he did in that **** horrible performance against Gray.

I still think however that if he implements the same gameplan that he had against Pettis he's got the best chances, he neutralised Pettis' striking by just pushing forward closing the distance and using his amazing cardio to outwork him in the clinch and then on the ground.
    Post edited by megaman on

• OmoplataypusOmoplataypus BostonPosts: 4,557Free
    Solid matchmaking skills on display here.

As for the fight- Once Guida realizes he cant take Mendes down itll be Guida/Maynard part 2 BUT Mendes is way faster than Gray. He will hunt Guida down and pummel him to a TKO or bad decision loss (hopefully).
    !!! WAR KELGOAT
    !!! WAR MAIA
    !!! WAR CORMIER
    !!! WAR WEIDMAN  

Active bets:
    TheSinisterUrge-FRANKIE/bj, wedo619-BROWN/silva, MGun-RUMBLE/prayvis

"GOAT List:
    1. GSP
    2. Ryan LaFlare
    3. Other people"
    I took LyGOATo Machida's piss to the back of the throat and I loved it! wanderleisilva101 is the GOAT

• TheUnicornTheUnicorn Posts: 493Free
    I would be pumped for this fight but the first thing that popped up in my head was the Guida/Maynard fight soooo yea i wont expect to much here
    HW- Pat Barry

LHW- Maldonado, Diabate

MW- Chris Leben, Vitor

WW- Nick Diaz

LW- Nate Diaz, Varner

FW- Bart P

BW- Eddie Wineland

Flyweight- Louis Gaudinot

Sigbet record 2-1
  • TheOvereemTheOvereem Posts: 8,997Free
    I imagine this will be the headlining prelim fight, hopefully Brown/Hardy stay on the main card as the opening fight there

Overeem - Shogun - Mousasi - Manuwa - Bisping - Manhoef - Watson - Daley - Hardy - B.Henderson - McGregor - Pickett

Train by day, Joe Rogan Podcast by night, all day!

I am an idiot for thinking GSP could finish the P4P GOAT Nick Diaz within 5 rounds

I imagine this will be the headlining prelim fight, hopefully Brown/Hardy stay on the main card as the opening fight there

I would be so confused if Brown/Hardy got put on prelims and Mendez/Guida got the main card spot
    HW- Pat Barry

LHW- Maldonado, Diabate

MW- Chris Leben, Vitor

WW- Nick Diaz

LW- Nate Diaz, Varner

FW- Bart P

BW- Eddie Wineland

Sigbet record 2-1
  • FroZeNFroZeN Posts: 4,762Free
    PoloRidah said:

megaman said:

PoloRidah said:

I knew it.

Weird.

He will try to implement the Gray Maynard game plan. Just throw 3-4 jabs that hit nothing but air and run around the octagon like a headless chicken and try to sway the judges into thinking he won a decision.
    OFFICIAL UFC FORUM BLACKBELT

I would be so confused if Brown/Hardy got put on prelims and Mendez/Guida got the main card spot
    Well in terms of rankings in their divisions Guida/Mendes is a more important fight, but Hardy/Brown will be so much more exciting

Overeem - Shogun - Mousasi - Manuwa - Bisping - Manhoef - Watson - Daley - Hardy - B.Henderson - McGregor - Pickett

I am an idiot for thinking GSP could finish the P4P GOAT Nick Diaz within 5 rounds

• KeemKeem Posts: 6,862Free
    Im so going for Chad like I've never done before.
    _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

- C.Condit - B.Henderson - J.Jones - C.Oliveira

J.Benavidez - H.Hioki - T.Griffin - M.Torres - J. Hathaway - J. Howard - B.Tavares - M.Johnson - M.Brimage - D.Kim - T."Lion" Inoue - LC. Davis - M. Semezier - Y.Alcantara - Wineland - H.Lim

Megumi Fuji

Greg - "It's, about.. WAR! You understand me?! You bounce, you move and you punish this kid. This is 5 minutes of war, now you go and give it to me!"
    Condit- *Aye aye coach; say no more*
  • JunglebirdJunglebird Posts: 9,741Free
    UFC should just send Florian at Guida again, that was a glorious beatdown.

Hopefully Mendez finishes the carpet too.
    FEB. 2010
    Anderson Silva: Proof that you dont need PEDs to be the GOAT.

Well in terms of rankings in their divisions Guida/Mendes is a more important fight, but Hardy/Brown will be so much more exciting
    true but at the moment i am sure UFC is more interested in exciting not rankings
    HW- Pat Barry

LHW- Maldonado, Diabate

MW- Chris Leben, Vitor

WW- Nick Diaz

LW- Nate Diaz, Varner

FW- Bart P

BW- Eddie Wineland

Sigbet record 2-1

true but at the moment i am sure UFC is more interested in exciting not rankings
    My thoughts as well, especially as it's on FOX

• WarWestWarWest Órale VatoPosts: 33,720Free
    Mendes via actually fighting
    The Cal Ripken Of GSP hatin'
    Arch Bishop Of Anti-GSP
    The Stockton Hater
    209's So Fine
    I'll be rooting for Mendes. As @spartacus_ mentioned earlier, I'd like to see Mendes get another shot at Aldo without the cage grabbing.

Either way the winner of this fight will probably be thrown into the title mix at 145.
    Hendricks 1,2,3,4

• creep_bbcreep_bb Posts: 121Free
    Mendes TKO
    JDS Reem Machida Hendo Bones Shogun Rampage Wandy Spider Leben Hardy Rory Daley Diaz bros. Pettis Lauzon J.Miller Pearson Frankie Siver Cub Faber Barao Dodson
  • Cole1186Cole1186 Posts: 3,719Free
    finally a Guida fight I can enjoy!! why? because he's going to get his but kicked, and get his face smashed in
  • x2sasax2sasa Posts: 512Free
    mendes will send guida to 135 via KO
    HW: Mark Hunt, Daniel Cormier

LHW: Jon Jones, Lyoto Machida

MW: Chael Sonnen, Vitor Belfort

WW: Nick Diaz, Rory Mcdonald

LW: Nate Diaz, Gilbert Melendez

FW: Chang Sung Jung, Chad Mendes

BW: Michael Mcdonald
  • Za1994Za1994 Posts: 3,165Free
    I got Mendes winning. Once Guida realizes that he can't take Chad down, he'll try to run and I think mendes is better standing. This is the fight that we get to see Chad's TDD. We've never seen anybody shoot on him before. This will be interesting.
    Been on the Anthony "Showtime" Pettis train since day one. No questions asked. Showtime Attack Force Too Strong.
    http://forums.ufcfightclub.com/discussion/139486/i-see-it-now-anthony-showtime-pettis-will-go-down-as-the-goat/p1
    Represent Roufusport:
    Milwaukee, Wisconsin. 414 Reppin' the Mil
    UFC 164 Milwaukee, WI
  • BanduraBandura Posts: 1,453Free

You know it to be true.

All hail the Dark sith ruler, Darth Shubeous!
  • BanduraBandura Posts: 1,453Free
    I think I killed the thread

All hail the Dark sith ruler, Darth Shubeous!
  • JunglebirdJunglebird Posts: 9,741Free
    Bandura said:

what were you implying with the pic?
    FEB. 2010
    Anderson Silva: Proof that you dont need PEDs to be the GOAT.
  • carnages41carnages41 Posts: 36,252Free

Bandura said:

what were you implying with the pic?
    He is implying that Diaz is GOAT
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last one to post wins- Winner
    UFC Forum Fight Camp- Winner
    UFC PREDICTIONS TOURNAMENT 5 - unofficial winner