Will Bisping get a gifted title shot soon?

SistiSisti Posts: 5,312Free
All signs point to yes. We know that title shots are given based on trash talk and Bisping talks trash with the best of them.

I think that eventually he will deserve a shot. He lost to Vitor, which is nothing to be ashamed of at all. He's got a phenomenal record in the UFC and it's not like there's that many worthwhile contenders at MW. I don't think they should overlook people who are undefeated like Weidman, but once everyone legit had their shot (Okami, Vitor, and soon Weidman) I think they should let Bisping finally get his title shot. As long as Bisping could put a string of 1 or 2 wins together, I think he deserves one
Tagged:

Comments

• chanman20chanman20 Posts: 4,843Free
    NO go away
    “But in the end, the most important thing to accept, is that no matter how alone you feel, how painful it may be, with the help of those around you, you'll get through this too."

Chael Sonnen will make Jon Jones look like the can that he is when he becomes the LHW Champion.

Frank Mir
    Bj Penn
    Nate Daiz
  • PoloRidahPoloRidah Posts: 11,315Free
    No, Bisping gets KTFO'd by people that Anderson destroyed. There is no point in Bisping getting a title shot and I hope he doesn't unless he actually goes out there and beats a top 5 middleweight.

Has he been scheduled for another fight yet?
    Hendricks 1,2,3,4

• No he wont get one against Anderson would be a massacre.He is fighting Alan Belcher next which i think he will grind a ud win there, but he is always going to have to beat a belfort or a lombard before he gets a title shot.
    Oh yeah, that's right he is fighting Belcher next. I really hope Belcher gets that win.

I really don't want to see Bisping's name mentioned on this forum ever again, LoL Amazing how many fan boys he has here making numerous posts about how he will be the next MW champ, then gets KTFO.
    Hendricks 1,2,3,4

• BruteDionBruteDion Posts: 10,496Free
    No...he's only for one top 10 win in Stann (who no longer is if I remember right) and Belcher is even ranked higher then Stann was then so even then his best win would be over a #8 guy

There are like 4 guys who have better wins then bisping right now
    Sig record
    40-21

Owner Of Forum Souls: Bright508620 - MMAFAN001 - CRAZYNOONGAH

What do you get when you take A.Silva's clinch game + Mark Hunt's Iron Chin + Mushy Lady Parts?

A: Cat Zingano....the UFC's true #1 women's contender

< img src =photo BD2_zps23b2f3d9.jpg>
  • JunglebirdJunglebird Posts: 9,741Free
    he's coming off a loss, so yes.
    FEB. 2010
    Anderson Silva: Proof that you dont need PEDs to be the GOAT.
  • PunchBagPunchBag Posts: 7,846Free
    hes going to lose to belcher so no
    "Believe in the beard"
    I bet against THE KING and he smashed my little gonads into oblivion

• the_enigmathe_enigma Posts: 19,067Premium
    The only gift would be the incredible opportunity for the current champ to try to get a win over Bisping, as unlikely as that is.
    ^ I agree.
    2013 predictions league champion
    Forum odds makers league ALL divisions champ, p4p 1... no.1 period.
    Forum Face Off 2012 champion, 2013 no.2, 2013 most wins as champ
    Last one to post wins winner x2

• RodrigoRuaRodrigoRua Posts: 2,422Free
    Uhmm .. after that loss to Vitor, I think Bisping will have a hard time getting that shot. IF that was Vitor by UD, then maybe I could see Bisping beating "somebody" and getting that shot but not after that performance with Vitor.

PS. I really think Anderson wants to fight Bisping tho and I wont be surprised Anderson comes up with an excuse to fight Bisping. He is Anderson and he earns the right to decide who he wants to fight ... LOL
  • SistiSisti Posts: 5,312Free

Uhmm .. after that loss to Vitor, I think Bisping will have a hard time getting that shot. IF that was Vitor by UD, then maybe I could see Bisping beating "somebody" and getting that shot but not after that performance with Vitor.

PS. I really think Anderson wants to fight Bisping tho and I wont be surprised Anderson comes up with an excuse to fight Bisping. He is Anderson and he earns the right to decide who he wants to fight ... LOL

exactly...this is the EXACT type of fight soares wants. a fight with a big name that would likely keep anderson's unbeaten UFC streak alive

• PunchBagPunchBag Posts: 7,846Free
    edited February 2013
    he also said he wanted to fight rockhold and cung le, guaranteed if rockhold beats belfort he gets a shot
    Post edited by PunchBag on
    "Believe in the beard"
    I bet against THE KING and he smashed my little gonads into oblivion

Sisti said:

exactly...this is the EXACT type of fight soares wants. a fight with a big name that would likely keep anderson's unbeaten UFC streak alive

Oh
    Sisti said:

Oh yes man ... Look, Im from Brazil and I root for Anderson because of my love for my country and not because I think hes great !!!

After I saw him saying he was "Jones friend", challenging GSP (smaller guy and Anderson has beaten 205ers), contemplating a fight with Cung ... I kinda lost a lot for him, to be honest.

And mark my words my friend, Soares/Anderson will come up with some "slid excuse" to fight either Cung, Bisping or Luke IN BRAZIL.

Sisti said:

Oh
    Sisti said:

Oh yes man ... Look, Im from Brazil and I root for Anderson because of my love for my country and not because I think hes great !!!

After I saw him saying he was "Jones friend", challenging GSP (smaller guy and Anderson has beaten 205ers), contemplating a fight with Cung ... I kinda lost a lot for him, to be honest.

And mark my words my friend, Soares/Anderson will come up with some "slid excuse" to fight either Cung, Bisping or Luke IN BRAZIL.
    lol they always do that, but we'll see what happens. DW says he thinks Weidman should get the shot now, but I think they are going to use the contract negotiations to their advantage to try and get an easier opponent like cung or luke
    Sisti said:

Sisti said:

Oh
    Sisti said:

lol they always do that, but we'll see what happens. DW says he thinks Weidman should get the shot now, but I think they are going to use the contract negotiations to their advantage to try and get an easier opponent like cung or luke
    Pfff .. they only reason why I think Anderson will accept a fight with Weidman is because Weidman would be coming from a LOOONG LAY OFF !!!

Not saying Anderson wouldnt beat Weidman regardless, he would beat the best Weidman BUT lets face it, Anderson knows how dangerousn Weidman could be for his fighting style. Its almost as if Anderson wants to fight guys that he wont have to go to the gym to work on his wrestly or TDD .. LOL .. like Anderson preparing to fight Bispoing would be pretty much just cardio LOL

Sisti said:

Sisti said:

Oh
    Sisti said:

Pfff .. they only reason why I think Anderson will accept a fight with Weidman is because Weidman would be coming from a LOOONG LAY OFF !!!

Not saying Anderson wouldnt beat Weidman regardless, he would beat the best Weidman BUT lets face it, Anderson knows how dangerousn Weidman could be for his fighting style. Its almost as if Anderson wants to fight guys that he wont have to go to the gym to work on his wrestly or TDD .. LOL .. like Anderson preparing to fight Bispoing would be pretty much just cardio LOL
    Yup, pretty much this......

Anderson beating Weidman pretty much does nothing for Anderson since everyone's already claiming Anderson is the GOAT and Weidman is basically a no-name outside of hardcore MMA fans

Anyone who has watched Silva long enough knows that he is not invincible and that his wrestling is not even close to some guys in MMA. With Anderson getting older and the newer wave getting better and better, Weidman definitely has a shot at Silva. I'm not saying that Weidman would be a favorite, but basically this is a no-win scenario for Silva at this point in his career

At the same time, if Silva keeps ducking the true contenders, it could backfire quickly on him. So it wouldn't be criminal if he turns down a Weidman match, but he should def face someone legit if he goes another route (no more Bonnar fights!)
    Sisti said:

Sisti said:

Sisti said:

Oh
    Sisti said:

Anderson beating Weidman pretty much does nothing for Anderson since everyone's already claiming Anderson is the GOAT and Weidman is basically a no-name outside of hardcore MMA fans

Anyone who has watched Silva long enough knows that he is not invincible and that his wrestling is not even close to some guys in MMA. With Anderson getting older and the newer wave getting better and better, Weidman definitely has a shot at Silva. I'm not saying that Weidman would be a favorite, but basically this is a no-win scenario for Silva at this point in his career

At the same time, if Silva keeps ducking the true contenders, it could backfire quickly on him. So it wouldn't be criminal if he turns down a Weidman match, but he should def face someone legit if he goes another route (no more Bonnar fights!)
    Exactly, its getting pretty clear he wants "good matchups" FOR HIM. Maybe thats why he would fight Weidman (try to win of course as he could) and after that fight likes Bisping, Belfort (which I still think Belfort is a bad matchup for Anderson but that is another discussion), Luke and Cung LOL

Sisti said:

Sisti said:

Sisti said:

Oh
    Sisti said:

Exactly, its getting pretty clear he wants "good matchups" FOR HIM. Maybe thats why he would fight Weidman (try to win of course as he could) and after that fight likes Bisping, Belfort (which I still think Belfort is a bad matchup for Anderson but that is another discussion), Luke and Cung LOL
    The only people who have a chance at him are Vitor and Weidman...he beats the rest of the division with ease
  • Probably, UFC in this year become a joke: Chael vs JJ, GSP vs Diaz...
    GSP vs Fedor - Make it happen Joe!

text Fedor> Fake, Yakuza russian mobster, coward.

Probably, UFC in this year become a joke: Chael vs JJ, GSP vs Diaz...

He's not going to get a title shot after being told he had to beat Vitor to get it. Vitor KTFO'd him.

Let Bisping's name fall off the first page until we get closer to his fight with Belcher.
    Hendricks 1,2,3,4