Kudos to Dana for getting it right (says Gus could earn a title shot)

SistiSisti Posts: 5,314Free
Finally...a guy gets a title shot in the RIGHT division and it's based on accomplishments and not running their mouth

"If Mousasi beats Gustafsson, he skyrockets right to the top of that division, And as far as Gustafsson goes, if he beats Mousasi in that fight, he's in line for a title shot. This is a big fight for both of those guys."

source: http://www.411mania.com/MMA/news/273414/Alexander-Gustafsson-Earns-Light-Heavyweight-Title-Shot-With-UFC-on-FUEL-TV-9-Victory.htm
Tagged:

Comments

• WarWestWarWest Órale VatoPosts: 33,836Free
    Dan gets the shot if he beats Machida

Blee dat
    The Cal Ripken Of GSP hatin'
    Arch Bishop Of Anti-GSP
    The Stockton Hater
    209's So Fine
  • RodrigoRuaRodrigoRua Posts: 2,422Free
    OP, please dont be fooled by things Dana says sometimes. The same/similar thing he will say about Hendo vs Machida ...

What happen is that he wants to see among Hendo, Machida, Mousasi and Gus who will have the better win/performance then announce a contender. Also, you gotta remember that Sonnen/Jones loser COULD get an immediate rematch depending on what happens. I can assure that if GUS wins in a "boring" fashion HE WILL NOT GET A SHOT specially if the Dragon finishes Hendo in a highlighht fashion.
  • SistiSisti Posts: 5,314Free

OP, please dont be fooled by things Dana says sometimes. The same/similar thing he will say about Hendo vs Machida ...

What happen is that he wants to see among Hendo, Machida, Mousasi and Gus who will have the better win/performance then announce a contender. Also, you gotta remember that Sonnen/Jones loser COULD get an immediate rematch depending on what happens. I can assure that if GUS wins in a "boring" fashion HE WILL NOT GET A SHOT specially if the Dragon finishes Hendo in a highlighht fashion.

wouldn't mind seeing the winner of hendo/machida get the shot, and then Gus get the next shot

I think Machida has a chance of beating Jones and everyone else in the division is screwed
  • PunchBagPunchBag Posts: 7,862Free
    if dan beats machida he should get the shot, but its an unlikely win.
    "Believe in the beard"
    I bet against THE KING and he smashed my little gonads into oblivion

Sisti said:

wouldn't mind seeing the winner of hendo/machida get the shot, and then Gus get the next shot

I think Machida has a chance of beating Jones and everyone else in the division is screwed
    Then Gus would seat for 1 year waiting for that shot ?!

Call me crazy, I think Gus vs Glover could happen for a title contender. Also, lets put Lil Nog on the picture (his last fight was pathetic I know but still it was a win over Evans and that counts).
  • JunglebirdJunglebird Posts: 9,741Free
    "If Hendricks beats Kampmann he gets the shot, this is a #1 contender fight" -Dana white

"if Pettis beats Cerrone, he gets to fight Bendo" -Dana white

"GSP will fight Anderson" -Dana white

"Frankie vs Aldo is a superfight" -Dana white

"

everything Dana says is bull****.
    FEB. 2010
    Anderson Silva: Proof that you dont need PEDs to be the GOAT.

Sisti said:

Then Gus would seat for 1 year waiting for that shot ?!

Call me crazy, I think Gus vs Glover could happen for a title contender. Also, lets put Lil Nog on the picture (his last fight was pathetic I know but still it was a win over Evans and that counts).
    Jones is one of the most active champs they have tho. Machida/Hendo winner could be booked for a July fight (Jones has taken a lot of time off for him so he would probably want to get in there quickly after the Chael fight). Gus could get his shot around November. 7-month layover for a title shot is nothing crazy. Also, Gus could always just do things the b.a. way and take one fight in the meantime while he's waiting for Jones to be active. Then again, no one does that these days except Pettis because everyone's scurrrrrrred

"If Hendricks beats Kampmann he gets the shot, this is a #1 contender fight" -Dana white

"

Honestly, he just needs to stop announcing title shots and just make fighters wait. There's too many injuries and miscellaneous things that could happen that it makes no sense for him to keep promising shots
    Sisti said:

"

Honestly, he just needs to stop announcing title shots and just make fighters wait. There's too many injuries and miscellaneous things that could happen that it makes no sense for him to keep promising shots
    I think he makes those rumors to prevent or to have someone always prepared to replace someone just like HE DIDNT HAVE someone to replace Hendo vsJones !!
  • YerboYerbo Posts: 2,515Free

This. Anyone who believes anything Dana says about future matchups has not been watching him very carefully. Take it all with a grain of salt.
    Yerbo said:

This. Anyone who believes anything Dana says about future matchups has not been watching him very carefully. Take it all with a grain of salt.
    The UFC is becoming bigger than DW and his ego is too massive to want to admit this. He thinks he could just make title shots on the fly like "hmmmmm yeah, ya know what, I'm gonna make this shot." He wants to look cool to his media buddies and just act like he could play with people's careers just because he has the power to.

DW needs to kick back a bit and realize that MMA has become bigger than him. A lot of people's lives depend on decisions he makes so he needs to chill with the power trip and brash talking in the media and just simply say "I don't know who gets the next shot yet"
  • zaksamezaksame Posts: 4,342Free
    That is a tough fight for Gusty to accept.I really like Gusty's overall upside but he does tend to keep fights standing and that is exactly what Mousasi wants.He still has the intangible of reach but Gegard is fearless,i don't think he would stand on the outside like a dummy,he will engage and force Gusty to perhaps incorporate some versatility in his game.

Myself ,i like the fight,i will look forward to that one.
    Gina Miesha Kyra ...yes please.
  • Yesterdays_HeroYesterdays_Hero Posts: 23,652Free
    So the winner gets mauled by Jones? Neither Mousasi nor Gustafsson have the tools to even come close to beating Jones. He dumps them both on their **** and hellbows their face through the canvas.
  • OmoplataypusOmoplataypus BostonPosts: 4,620Free
    zaksame said:

He still has the intangible of reach

Classic

!!! WAR KELGOAT
    !!! WAR MAIA
    !!! WAR CORMIER
    !!! WAR WEIDMAN  

Active bets:
    TheSinisterUrge-FRANKIE/bj, wedo619-BROWN/silva, MGun-RUMBLE/prayvis

GOAT List:
    1. GSP
    2. Ryan LaFlare
    3. Other people
    I took LyGOATo Machida's piss to the back of the throat and I loved it! wanderleisilva101 is the GOAT
    If you don't think Ronda could actually take out Cain on her best day, then there's something wrong with YOU

• LoL, Hendo gets it if he beats Machida.
    GSP vs Fedor - Make it happen Joe!

text Fedor> Fake, Yakuza russian mobster, coward.