Velasquez vs Bigfoot 2 is a joke..

usafighters88usafighters88 Posts: 322Free
There has been a lot of out cry about fighters getting shots that don't deserve them in the case of Jones Vs Sonnen etc and I am sympathetic to the fighters who feel this is BS. But I understand why the UFC do it and sometimes I think the UFC are right to do it, in the case of Frankie Vs Aldo and now Showtime Vs Aldo. This Velaquez vs Bigfoot fight is closer to the sonnen/jones than Frankie Aldo. Valequez mauled Bigfoot last time and Bigfoot looked awful against Overeem before Overeem gassed, became complacent and then got KO'd. People are forgetting just how ordinary Bigfoot looked throughout the fight until the KO. This will not be competitive and they should have pulled Werdum from his fight and put him in with Velaquez. This is a marketing gimmick to promote the winner of Overeem v JDS. Granted Velaquez was destroyed the first time against JDS and made a comeback so why Can't Bigfoot? Well because, Cain got caught. Bigfoot got mauled.. Velaquez will win this again by an uncompetitive beat down. I am more interested in Reem vs JDS that this pathetic title fight.. okay.. now verbal attacks welcome..
Tagged:

Comments

• SistiSisti Posts: 5,314Free

There has been a lot of out cry about fighters getting shots that don't deserve them in the case of Jones Vs Sonnen etc and I am sympathetic to the fighters who feel this is BS. But I understand why the UFC do it and sometimes I think the UFC are right to do it, in the case of Frankie Vs Aldo and now Showtime Vs Aldo. This Velaquez vs Bigfoot fight is closer to the sonnen/jones than Frankie Aldo. Valequez mauled Bigfoot last time and Bigfoot looked awful against Overeem before Overeem gassed, became complacent and then got KO'd. People are forgetting just how ordinary Bigfoot looked throughout the fight until the KO. This will not be competitive and they should have pulled Werdum from his fight and put him in with Velaquez. This is a marketing gimmick to promote the winner of Overeem v JDS. Granted Velaquez was destroyed the first time against JDS and made a comeback so why Can't Bigfoot? Well because, Cain got caught. Bigfoot got mauled.. Velaquez will win this again by an uncompetitive beat down. I am more interested in Reem vs JDS that this pathetic title fight.. okay.. now verbal attacks welcome..

I agree with u. Bigfoot looked awful in that fight and just beat an overrated conceited guy who didn't take him seriously

It was an awesome win, but at the same time, it doesn't make Bigfoot the number 1 contender in the world. Werdum, Struve, and even Nelson would have been more intriguing. There are so many great matchups right now that I don't see the point of making a rematch

At the same time, who am I to say? No move is going to make everyone happy so they gotta just go with what they could put together at the time. It does give us a very exciting fight in JDS vs. Overeem, which will set up a nice match for the winner to get a crack at Cain
  • RodrigoRuaRodrigoRua Posts: 2,422Free
    U know whats is so funny ? Whoelse should Cain fight then ?! Seat and wait until JDS/Reem winner ?

Im with you, Cain will beat BF again HOWEVER, we cant deny that BF is the most deserving AT THE MOMENT since Cormier and Cain wont fight !!!
  • PunchBagPunchBag Posts: 7,862Free
    i will laugh my **** off if big foot wins
    "Believe in the beard"
    I bet against THE KING and he smashed my little gonads into oblivion

• JonBonesJonesFanJonBonesJonesFan Posts: 13,388Free
    you know what I'm glad Bigfoot gets the shot. Everyone was calling for a titleshot for AO if/and when beat Big Foot. It's only fair for him to get the shot since he beat AO!
    The GOAT Rain_Wizard slapped the taste out of my mouth.

LyGOATo MachiGOD and Go to Guy made Gegard Mousasi and me their wife for five rounds
  • JonBonesJonesFanJonBonesJonesFan Posts: 13,388Free
    also if cormier and cain weren't **** buddies cormier deserves it the most however since they are bigfoot does.
    The GOAT Rain_Wizard slapped the taste out of my mouth.

LyGOATo MachiGOD and Go to Guy made Gegard Mousasi and me their wife for five rounds
  • RodrigoRuaRodrigoRua Posts: 2,422Free

you know what I'm glad Bigfoot gets the shot. Everyone was calling for a titleshot for AO if/and when beat Big Foot. It's only fair for him to get the shot since he beat AO!

Agreed .. fair enough after he KOed a guy who supposely was going to KO you !!!

Not saying BF will beat Cain but he surely deserve that shot !
  • BanutuBanutu Posts: 619Free
    cain beats him on the feet, will out wrestle him, make him look like he has no jiu jitsu on the ground, poor bigfoot.
  • JunglebirdJunglebird Posts: 9,741Free
    imagine if the UFC fed Reem to Cain without having to fight bigfoot first...

I guess Reem getting ktfo as bad as he did was pretty bad, so i dunno how worse Cain woulda finished him, but Cain woulda dominated him extremely bad that's for sure
    FEB. 2010
    Anderson Silva: Proof that you dont need PEDs to be the GOAT.
  • ijosefijosef Posts: 1,645Free
    Imagine BigFoot pulling the upset on this one. I know it's a one in a million chance, but never say never...
  • skullboneskullbone Posts: 1,958Free
    Bigfoot deserves a chance to fight Cain again without a blood fountain squirting in his eyes. Sure, he's probably going to lose just as badly, but he still deserves a shot at revenge. All it takes is one awkward, giant fist connection and Bigfoot can shock the world....again.
    The "post your reaction GIF" thread following a BigFoot upset over Cain would be epic.
  • i_run_thisi_run_this Posts: 19,382Free
    Cain is by far the best HW in the world right now

Cain vs anyone is a joke

UFC Prediction Tournament 5 Champion

• AnsemAnsem Posts: 3,837Free
    I heard Bigfoot was fighting to see rather then Cain, hopefully will see him fight Cain this time.

| Machida - JDS - Penn - Belfort - Nurmagomedov - Texiera |

“I make my own odds. I make my own atmosphere.” - Vitor Belfort

"Sixty G's babyyy! haha yeah!" - Conor Mcgregoat

Cain vs anyone is a joke

by far? lmfao **** please he got stopped in less then 3 minutes by JDS in their first encounter thats far from being the best by far.

Ansem said:

Cain vs anyone is a joke

by far? lmfao **** please he got stopped in less then 3 minutes by JDS in their first encounter thats far from being the best by far.
    did he see the second fight.....

also, Cain was CLEARLY injured in the first fight, and on top of that beat him at his own strength the second fight.

Both men were injured in the first Cain vs JDS fight. JDS was on crutches a week before the fight, so Cain wasn't the only one with a handicap in that fight. He made a boxing mistake which allowed JDS to counter with an overhand right and take the win. It's as simple as that. JDS was the better man that night, much like Cain was the better man the night of the rematch.
    bottom line, healthy cain vs healthy junior = Cain beatin the **** outa him.

JDS admitted he wasnt mentally in that fight, he didnt even look like himself he was just backpeddling the whole fight he had some major issues during that time, and in their rematch Cain looked pathetic on the takedowns and even gassed hard passed the 3rd round.

Ansem said:

JDS admitted he wasnt mentally in that fight, he didnt even look like himself he was just backpeddling the whole fight he had some major issues during that time, and in their rematch Cain looked pathetic on the takedowns and even gassed hard passed the 3rd round.
    because he was **** gassed.... lol

Cain's cardio outlasts anyones, he could put that pace on JDS in the first fight because of his knee...

• KOOKORKKOOKORK Posts: 787Free
    Bigfoot is in no shape to be a real contender for Cain's belt. It would be just a one sided fight that I am not interested to watch.

Overeem lost the fight but showed in the first two rounds that he can be a threat to other Hw before emptying his small gas tank. Bigfoot resume is very questionable for a title shot for the moment and he has lost miserably to Cain not too long ago.

JDS has an unfinished business with cain and he has won the first fight and he is the only HW who handed Cain a loss. does JDS deserve a title shot right away? I think he does but many fans think he should prove himself for the rubber match so give JDS Overeem or Bigfoot and if he handled them convincingly give him the rubber match with cain.

Meanwhile When nobody at the moment deserves a title shot for the HW belt why should we have any title shot in HW in the first place? .

It is not about win or lose, it is about heart. Leave all you have in the Octagon and you are a winner in my book.
    JDS, Machida,Sam stout,Bermudez, Dustin Kimura,Roger Huerta
  • GSP_over_SilvaGSP_over_Silva Posts: 12,185Free
    edited February 2013
    Ansem is the definition of fanboy. Shut the **** up, dude.

Cain beat JDS' ****.
    Post edited by GSP_over_Silva on
    Believe in Beard
  • KOOKORKKOOKORK Posts: 787Free

Answer is the definition of fanboy. Shut the **** up, dude.

Cain beat JDS' ****.

Who are you talking to ?

It is not about win or lose, it is about heart. Leave all you have in the Octagon and you are a winner in my book.
    JDS, Machida,Sam stout,Bermudez, Dustin Kimura,Roger Huerta
  • SpyErSpyEr Posts: 670Free

Cain beat JDS' ****.

You mean Frankie ? Yeah, that **** will whine about anything.

• JunglebirdJunglebird Posts: 9,741Free
    SpyEr said:

Cain beat JDS' ****.

You mean Frankie ? Yeah, that **** will whine about anything.

p4p post
    FEB. 2010
    Anderson Silva: Proof that you dont need PEDs to be the GOAT.
  • Wanderlei_RuaWanderlei_Rua Posts: 975Free
    This is reminiscent of Gonzaga's joke of a title shot after beating Cro Cop. He has no business fighting Cain again, but the matchmakers didn't leave themselves an out.

What happens if Overroid somehow beats JDS? Does that earn a title shot?

Better question: How the **** does Joe Silva still have a job?
  • Bisping v Belfort. If Bisping had beaten Belfort he was getting his shot, he lost but Belfort didnt get that shot.If he wins his next fight against Rockhold then he will get that shot in my opinion and that seems like the fair way of doing it for me.I feel they could have done something similar here with Bigfoot.
  • OmoplataypusOmoplataypus BostonPosts: 4,625Free
    edited February 2013

Bisping v Belfort. If Bisping had beaten Belfort he was getting his shot, he lost but Belfort didnt get that shot.If he wins his next fight against Rockhold then he will get that shot in my opinion and that seems like the fair way of doing it for me.I feel they could have done something similar here with Bigfoot.

But who else should Big Foot fight?
    Post edited by Omoplataypus on
    !!! WAR KELGOAT
    !!! WAR MAIA
    !!! WAR CORMIER
    !!! WAR WEIDMAN  

Active bets:
    TheSinisterUrge-FRANKIE/bj, wedo619-BROWN/silva, MGun-RUMBLE/prayvis

GOAT List:
    1. GSP
    2. Ryan LaFlare
    3. Other people
    I took LyGOATo Machida's piss to the back of the throat and I loved it! wanderleisilva101 is the GOAT
    If you don't think Ronda could actually take out Cain on her best day, then there's something wrong with YOU

• JDS_over_REEMJDS_over_REEM <This.Posts: 3,285Free
    You know the UFC brass wasn't going to pass up on JDS/Overeem.
    This^

thank you @Tiger_Champion for the JoR tags.
  • Bisping v Belfort. If Bisping had beaten Belfort he was getting his shot, he lost but Belfort didnt get that shot.If he wins his next fight against Rockhold then he will get that shot in my opinion and that seems like the fair way of doing it for me.I feel they could have done something similar here with Bigfoot.

But who else should Big Foot fight?
    For me its Cain they are struggling to find a decent opponent for,it seems like the ufc had all their eggs in the overeem basket.Personally I would have JDS V Bigfoot with winner getting Shot at Cain.It is the same road that Cain had to go down to get his title back.
  • cruz2990cruz2990 MexicoPosts: 8,119Free
    It's the only fight to make at the moment......
    __________________________________________________________________________________________
    Sigbet record: 50 - 4