Do you think Aldo vs Pettis will really happen !!!

RodrigoRuaRodrigoRua Posts: 2,422Free
From the moment I saw Dana announcing it, I was like "Uhmm it doesnt make sense".

Straight to the point, I think the ONLY WAY Aldo vs Pettis would happen is IF BENDO/MELENDEZ end up in a draw or controversial decision and a immediate rematch would happen to be scheduled !!!

Lets say Bendo beats Melendez (I personally think it will be 50/50 so I really dont know) whoelse would be at LW to challenge Bendo ?! Please, refresh my memory. Who ? Miller who got owned by Nate ?! I mean, I just dont see a reason why Dana would pass the huge/mega rematch between BENDO VS PETTIS !!! Or, who else to fight Melendez ?!

Thoughts !

PS. Still think Aldo is fighting Zombie next ...
Tagged:

Comments

• SistiSisti Posts: 5,312Free

From the moment I saw Dana announcing it, I was like "Uhmm it doesnt make sense".

Straight to the point, I think the ONLY WAY Aldo vs Pettis would happen is IF BENDO/MELENDEZ end up in a draw or controversial decision and a immediate rematch would happen to be scheduled !!!

Lets say Bendo beats Melendez (I personally think it will be 50/50 so I really dont know) whoelse would be at LW to challenge Bendo ?! Please, refresh my memory. Who ? Miller who got owned by Nate ?! I mean, I just dont see a reason why Dana would pass the huge/mega rematch between BENDO VS PETTIS !!! Or, who else to fight Melendez ?!

Thoughts !

Yup, it's already booked

The reason Pettis is doing this is because he's already been passed over for title shots in the past. He was the WEC champ coming over to the UFC and because he decided to stay active, he never got the title shot he was promised.

Instead of risking Bendo getting injured, UFC giving someone else a shot, or anything else that could happen, he decided to just use his momentum to get a shot now. So yes, the fight will happen. It will be entertaining and this is one fight that I don't mind much even tho it's not Pettis' natural weight class. Will be a great fight...I'm rooting for Aldo, but I like both
  • PoloRidahPoloRidah Posts: 11,142Free
    edited February 2013
    Sisti said:

Thoughts !

Yup, it's already booked

The reason Pettis is doing this is because he's already been passed over for title shots in the past. He was the WEC champ coming over to the UFC and because he decided to stay active, he never got the title shot he was promised.

Instead of risking Bendo getting injured, UFC giving someone else a shot, or anything else that could happen, he decided to just use his momentum to get a shot now. So yes, the fight will happen. It will be entertaining and this is one fight that I don't mind much even tho it's not Pettis' natural weight class. Will be a great fight...I'm rooting for Aldo, but I like both
    He never got a title shot because he **** lost to Clay Guida, not simply because he was active. Anyone that loses to Clay Guida at 155 doesn't deserve a title shot regardless of what you were before entering the UFC. Pettis is a cry baby.

I think he may deserve a shot at the title now, but definitely didn't around the time he lost to Guida.
    Post edited by PoloRidah on
    Hendricks 1,2,3,4

• WarWestWarWest Órale VatoPosts: 33,655Free
    No, never
    The Cal Ripken Of GSP hatin'
    Arch Bishop Of Anti-GSP
    The Stockton Hater
    209's So Fine
  • RodrigoRuaRodrigoRua Posts: 2,422Free
    PoloRidah said:

Sisti said:

Thoughts !

Yup, it's already booked

He never got a title shot because he **** lost to Clay Guida, not simply because he was active. Anyone that loses to Clay Guida at 155 doesn't deserve a title shot regardless of what you were before entering the UFC. Pettis is a cry baby.

I think he may deserve a shot at the title now, but definitely didn't around the time he lost to Guida.
    Wow, I totally forgot he lost to Guida .... that tells me a lot about Aldo vs Pettis outcome ...
    PoloRidah said:

Sisti said:

Thoughts !

Yup, it's already booked

Yes, I know that, but he had enough balls to stay active even after he was promised a shot. No other UFC fighter did that, and for that, he still should have eventually got his shot. He should have been looked at after his win over Lauzon since he never got the shot he was once promised
    edited February 2013

PoloRidah said:

Sisti said:

Thoughts !

Yup, it's already booked

Wow, I totally forgot he lost to Guida .... that tells me a lot about Aldo vs Pettis outcome ...
    I'm not sure how the Pettis/Guida fight tells you anything about what the outcome of Aldo/Pettis will be. Reason being is Aldo and Guida's offense is completely different. Guida attackes with wrestling and control, which is something Aldo doesn't normally do. Aldo is a striker and looks to attack with punches and lethal leg kicks. Pettis is similiar to Aldo, being a striker.

If it happens Pettis vs Aldo will be a stand up war most likely completely differing from the Pettis/Guida fight.
    Post edited by PoloRidah on
    Hendricks 1,2,3,4

PoloRidah said:

PoloRidah said:

Sisti said:

Thoughts !

Yup, it's already booked

I'm not sure how the Pettis/Guida fight tells you anything about what the outcome of Aldo/Pettis will be. Reason being is Aldo and Guida's offense is completely different. Guida attackes with wrestling and control, which is something Aldo doesn't normally do. Aldo is a striker and looks to attack with punches and lethal leg kicks. Pettis is similiar to Aldo, being a striker.

If it happens Pettis vs Aldo will be a stand up war most likely completely differing from the Pettis/Guida fight.
    Also, Pettis has improved a lot since that fight
  • PunchBagPunchBag Posts: 7,782Free
    i dont know how you can say he has improved alot since the guida fight since he hasnt faced anyone that oculd take him down easily since the guida fight.
    "Believe in the beard"
    I bet against THE KING and he smashed my little gonads into oblivion

PunchBag said:

i dont know how you can say he has improved alot since the guida fight since he hasnt faced anyone that oculd take him down easily since the guida fight.

He has fought people capable of executing take downs though. Maybe the fact that he hasn't been taken down easily since the Guida fight shows his improvement? Is this what you were getting at @Sisti

Hendricks 1,2,3,4

• Za1994Za1994 Posts: 3,141Free
    I hope so. Hopefully Aldo doesn't crash his moped again and **** up his leg and Anthony doesn't **** up his shoulder in training. NO JINXING!
    Been on the Anthony "Showtime" Pettis train since day one. No questions asked. Showtime Attack Force Too Strong.
    http://forums.ufcfightclub.com/discussion/139486/i-see-it-now-anthony-showtime-pettis-will-go-down-as-the-goat/p1
    Represent Roufusport:
    Milwaukee, Wisconsin. 414 Reppin' the Mil
    UFC 164 Milwaukee, WI
  • i_run_thisi_run_this Posts: 19,279Free
    yes, its been booked.

UFC Prediction Tournament 5 Champion

I am an idiot for thinking GSP would finish a fight. GSP has a boyfriend and his name is IRT

• KOOKORKKOOKORK Posts: 775Free
    Between the Benson/Pettis fight and Aldo/ Pettis fight I personally prefer to see the second .
    It is not about win or lose, it is about heart. Leave all you have in the Octagon and you are a winner in my book.
    JDS, Machida,Sam stout,Bermudez, Dustin Kimura,Roger Huerta
  • PunchBagPunchBag Posts: 7,782Free
    edited February 2013
    who is benson going to fight? plenty of contenders lined up for aldo but not really that many at LW who are on good winning streaks, maybe maynard?
    Post edited by PunchBag on
    "Believe in the beard"
    I bet against THE KING and he smashed my little gonads into oblivion

PoloRidah said:

PunchBag said:

He has fought people capable of executing take downs though. Maybe the fact that he hasn't been taken down easily since the Guida fight shows his improvement? Is this what you were getting at @Sisti

yep...

also, his striking has improved substantially and he was extremely young when he first entered UFC. his striking has always been good, but to beat up cerrone like that on the feet was extremely impressive