Frank Mir to train under Greg Jackson for Cormier fight.

Comments

• WarWestWarWest Órale VatoPosts: 35,256Free
    InB4SoberGetsPissed
    The Cal Ripken Of GSP hatin'
    Arch Bishop Of Anti-GSP
    The Stockton Hater
    209's So Fine
  • JunglebirdJunglebird Posts: 9,743Free
    he's already trained with Gregg. Dont you guys remember Mir vs. Crocop?
    FEB. 2010
    Anderson Silva: Proof that you dont need PEDs to be the GOAT.
  • BanduraBandura Posts: 1,453Free
    "How do we blanket an Olympic Medaling Wrestler?" - Greg Jackson

All hail the Dark sith ruler, Darth Shubeous!
  • Gabri1985Gabri1985 Manchester, England Posts: 7,730Free
    if Mir by some miracle gets top position in that fight then you could see a broken limb not a blanket.

if Mir by some miracle gets top position in that fight then you could see a broken limb not a blanket.

* MIr grabs an arm.

Jackson - "What are you doing. First Guida throws a punch, now this! AHHHHHHHH"

All hail the Dark sith ruler, Darth Shubeous!
  • jdukjduk Posts: 8,365Free
    I think Mir can sub him if it goes to the ground. Problem is, I can't see him being able to take Cormier down, he probably gets knocked out here
  • chanman20chanman20 Posts: 4,843Free
    YEAH BOYYYY but it doesn't really matter Mir could skip this camp and still beat DC
    “But in the end, the most important thing to accept, is that no matter how alone you feel, how painful it may be, with the help of those around you, you'll get through this too."

Chael Sonnen will make Jon Jones look like the can that he is when he becomes the LHW Champion.

Frank Mir
    Bj Penn
    Nate Daiz
  • ThePack19ThePack19 Posts: 2,065Free
    After seeing Mir snap bones, especially Nog's........I would simply be afraid. The mental advantage Mir will have on DC if he so much as attempts submissions.
  • zaksamezaksame Posts: 4,390Free
    Wow i seriously did not think Mir was that dumb,i actually considered him an intelligent person outside the ring.
    Jackson has absolutely nothing to offer him.Anyone can tell a wrestler to take the guy down,that is a no brainer or after being up 4-0 in rounds to stay away in the final round.
    Mir's problem is the same one that has plagued him forever,he is NOT an athlete,so he is slow,cumbersome and sloppy on his legs.He could be the most skilled fighter in this division and still lose to everyone just because he lacks the secondary,sometimes primary abilities.He carries a bit of muscle,not as much as some but still,he doles not have the cardio to do so.

Another factor that is huge is when you are super slow,you can never dictate the fight,the pace or where it goes.Mir imo is too old now,he coudl never get himself into physical shape,it takes years of sports and MMA training/wrestling.
    Gina Miesha Kyra ...yes please.
  • PunchBagPunchBag Posts: 8,484Free
    i guess he plans to run and throw leg kicks, dont blame him its really the only strategy i can think of that mir can use with an outcome of a possible win
    "Believe in the beard"
    I bet against THE KING and he smashed my little gonads into oblivion

• Little_KangLittle_Kang Posts: 17,936Moderator, Ultimate
    No amount of running will improve mirs chin
    imageimage
  • BanutuBanutu Posts: 619Free
    ever since he submitted nog to me it seems hes in over his head, he forgot what happened at UFC 100.
  • Sephiroth388Sephiroth388 Antioch, TennesseePosts: 878Free
    I'm not a fan of Frank Mir, but I'm realistic about the skills he has. The shape he was in when he fought Lesnar at UFC 100 was the route he needed to go to become heavyweight champion again. Everyone knows about the threat of his jiu-jitsu on the ground, but he also has good enough kickboxing to do well on the feet.

His downfall was gaining all the weight after Brock beat him into oblivion. He assumed large, powerful wrestlers would rule the division, and decided that being 270 lbs. was how he could best compete. Obviously, Brock is long gone, and Shane Carwin's days as a contender might be over. Now the smaller, faster heavyweights have taken over the division, and Mir looked like a befuddled walrus as Junior Dos Santos ran laps around him.

A smaller, in shape Mir likely could have given Cormier a good battle. As he is now, I see Daniel dancing circles around Mir, tagging him at will, and scoring the K.O. in the second round.
    i agree that when he was smaller he was better, wasnt such a punching bag.
    "Believe in the beard"

• rolltidetbwrolltidetbw Posts: 2Free
    I agree with Sephirtoh388 a in shape 245lb Mir could be champion again he has good stand up,world class jits and decent wrestling not awesome wrestling but decent.He needs to shed about 30 lbs until then when he fights guys like Cormier,JDS &Cain he will have trouble and I would consider myself his number 1 fan I have been rooting for him since he beat Pete Williams along time ago.He has to get this fight to the ground in top position to have any chance.War Mir!!!
    he could pull off a sub from the bottom also
    "Believe in the beard"

everyone is talking about how frank mir is so intelligent and ****, he bulked up 30-35 pounds of fat after he got dominated by a pro entertainer, instead of training some TDD and outstruck brock on the feet, he is so intelligent....
  • ijosefijosef Posts: 1,722Free
    I always wonder what Mir's career would've been like had his motorcycle accident never happened. Even though he came back, he was in terrible shape at first and it took him awhile to get back to form. If he'd never had that setback, who knows?
    UFC 175 Sig Bet Loser
    ijosef said:

I always wonder what Mir's career would've been like had his motorcycle accident never happened. Even though he came back, he was in terrible shape at first and it took him awhile to get back to form. If he'd never had that setback, who knows?

i don't care how he would've been, he would've still get knocked out in that JDS fight.
  • PoloPolo Posts: 12,358Free
    Banutu said:

ijosef said:

i don't care how he would've been, he would've still get knocked out in that JDS fight.
    If you don't care then why reply to his post with such negativity?

You seem mad bro. Need a hug?
    Daniel Cormier turns fans into retards.
    Av bet with PunchCan on the Overeem/Rothwell fight.

PoloRidah said:

Banutu said:

ijosef said:

If you don't care then why reply to his post with such negativity?

You seem mad bro. Need a hug?
    yes
  • KOOKORKKOOKORK Posts: 917Free
    Changing his training camp shows he knows his current skills and game plan possibly is not enough to face Cormier. I like his knowledge about MMA and his comeback to the sport after his accident . I am not counting him out since my name for him is Frank " The Unpredictable " Mir
    It is not about win or lose, it is about heart. Leave all you have in the Octagon and you are a winner in my book.
    JDS, Machida,Sam stout,Bermudez, Dustin Kimura,Roger Huerta