UFC 160- I feel sorry for Alistair.

TahuneTahune Posts: 1,875Free
Righto....

Is he getting fed to JDS to secure the "big buying PPV" ala rubber match?

Or is there some hope left for him, Did the matchmakers see this as an opportunity for him to "re-secure" his number 1 contender status?

My opinion is that of the former- I think its going to be horrific night for AO.
Grover- Future LHW champ!
Tagged:

Comments

• Yesterdays_HeroYesterdays_Hero Posts: 23,581Free
    edited February 2013
    But a glorious night for fans around the world. 1 ***** bag's glass jaw is a humble man's title shot and hundreds of thousands of fans enjoyment.
    Post edited by Yesterdays_Hero on
  • PunchBagPunchBag Posts: 7,804Free
    i dont think dana likes reem and wants to capitalize on the big matchups before cutting his overpaid roid filled ****.
    "Believe in the beard"
    I bet against THE KING and he smashed my little gonads into oblivion

• SistiSisti Posts: 5,312Free
    I still think Overeem's one of the best. The main reason he lost the bigfoot fight was he was overcocky and didn't even think it was possible he could lose in the standup. With the JDS fight AO will be fighting to his true potential, but he's facing a guy much much better than bigfoot. It's still a very good matchup, but I see JDS having the advantage
  • BanutuBanutu Posts: 619Free
    i don't see how overeem will be able to beat JDS, especially after his last performance, where he miserably gas out and got ktfo. JDS has a solid chin, cannot be kept down, 1 punch knockout, speed advantage and overeem has nothing but glass chin
  • kyo_sakyo_sa Posts: 1,065Free
    if overeem takes it seriously he could not only win, but win big

dont be shocked
  • TheUnicornTheUnicorn Posts: 493Free
    Overeem takes this via TKO round 1 with the upset
    HW- Pat Barry

LHW- Maldonado, Diabate

MW- Chris Leben, Vitor

WW- Nick Diaz

LW- Nate Diaz, Varner

FW- Bart P

BW- Eddie Wineland

Flyweight- Louis Gaudinot

Sigbet record 2-1
  • jdukjduk Posts: 8,284Free
    Reem wants this fight. No reason to feel sorry. Regardless of the result, it'll be an exciting fight
  • SistiSisti Posts: 5,312Free
    kyo_sa said:

if overeem takes it seriously he could not only win, but win big

dont be shocked

I wouldn't be shocked at all...it will most definitely be a standup fight and Overeem is possibly the best striker there is right now

Overeem is still extremely legit and was tearing through everyone before Bigfoot. He still looked very good vs. Bigfoot, he just looked like a man who was too full of himself and tried to pull some silva stuff and it backfired
  • OmoplataypusOmoplataypus BostonPosts: 4,549Free
    Its pretty rough to have to face JDS when trying to get back on the horse after an embarassing loss.
    !!! WAR KELGOAT
    !!! WAR MAIA
    !!! WAR CORMIER
    !!! WAR WEIDMAN  

Active bets:
    TheSinisterUrge-FRANKIE/bj, wedo619-BROWN/silva, MGun-RUMBLE/prayvis

"GOAT List:
    1. GSP
    2. Ryan LaFlare
    3. Other people"
    I took LyGOATo Machida's piss to the back of the throat and I loved it! wanderleisilva101 is the GOAT

• PoloRidahPoloRidah Posts: 11,226Free
    Reem is probably the first person to fight JDS who is coming off a loss! LoL

Tough return fight for Reem but people wanted to see this fight and i gurantee thats why it was booked.

In my opinion it looks like Reem is going to be a 2 fight losing streak both coming by way of knock out.
    Hendricks 1,2,3,4

• FroZeNFroZeN Posts: 4,762Free

Its pretty rough to have to face JDS when trying to get back on the horse after an embarassing loss.

LOL at get back on the horse. He ain't getting on any horse, cause he ate the damn thing.
    OFFICIAL UFC FORUM BLACKBELT
  • PunchBagPunchBag Posts: 7,804Free
    edited February 2013
    overeem like i said before is terrible at recovering, soon as jds touches him he will be turtling up and then unconcious people forget that jds is also coming back to prove something
    Post edited by PunchBag on
    "Believe in the beard"
    I bet against THE KING and he smashed my little gonads into oblivion

• TahuneTahune Posts: 1,875Free
    PunchBag said:

overeem like i said before is terrible at recovering, soon as jds touches him he will be turtling up and then unconcious people forget that jds is also coming back to prove something

yeah he is going to be fierce.

Overeem will need to pull a Cain (to the best of his ability) then try and pull off a sub I reckon
  • PoloRidahPoloRidah Posts: 11,226Free
    Tahune said:

PunchBag said:

Overeem will need to pull a Cain (to the best of his ability) then try and pull off a sub I reckon
    By pulling a Cain, do you mean Overeem needs to push the pace and not give JDS any space to mount an offense?

I don't believe Reem is capable of demonstrating the cardio that would be needed to use that game plan against JDS.

Reem will stay in the pocket and try to trade shots with JDS.
    Hendricks 1,2,3,4

• TahuneTahune Posts: 1,875Free
    PoloRidah said:

Tahune said:

PunchBag said:

By pulling a Cain, do you mean Overeem needs to push the pace and not give JDS any space to mount an offense?

I don't believe Reem is capable of demonstrating the cardio that would be needed to use that game plan against JDS.

Reem will stay in the pocket and try to trade shots with JDS.
    yeah sorry I should of elaborated.

Go hard for the clinch. constant pressure etc.

He wouldn't have the gas to keep it up for long. If he lets junior get that jab going it's all over.

• OmoplataypusOmoplataypus BostonPosts: 4,549Free
    FroZeN said:

LOL at get back on the horse. He ain't getting on any horse, cause he ate the damn thing.
    Haha I didnt even mean it in a joking way. Nice job catching that. You get a gold star.
    !!! WAR KELGOAT
    !!! WAR MAIA
    !!! WAR CORMIER
    !!! WAR WEIDMAN  

Active bets:
    TheSinisterUrge-FRANKIE/bj, wedo619-BROWN/silva, MGun-RUMBLE/prayvis

"GOAT List:
    1. GSP
    2. Ryan LaFlare
    3. Other people"
    I took LyGOATo Machida's piss to the back of the throat and I loved it! wanderleisilva101 is the GOAT

• uddasideuddaside Posts: 1,785Free
    Overeem is overrated plain and simple.
  • JDS_over_REEMJDS_over_REEM <This.Posts: 3,285Free
    edited February 2013
    PoloRidah said:

Reem is probably the first person to fight JDS who is coming off a loss! LoL

Not sure what you meant by that but.

Carwin had just lost to Lesnar when he fought JDS.

and Geranimo dos Santos fought JDS coming off a loss in his re-match with Joaquim Ferreira. JDS completely destroyed Joaquim Ferreira in the first fight but didn't respect him in the second fight. I think we saw a repeat of that in the second Cain fight.

I look for JDS to walk through REEM and find a way to neutralize Cain in the second fight.
    Post edited by JDS_over_REEM on
    This^

thank you @Tiger_Champion for the JoR tags.