If you were booking the UFC, what would be the next title shot you'd make for every division

SistiSisti Posts: 5,312Free
We hear a lot of talk about the UFC making stupid title shots, so just curious, if the current title shots were never booked, how would you book all the next title shots

Women's - Rousey vs. Carmouche - I like this one because Carmouche is a new challenger and has a good attitude
125 - MM vs. Benavidez - I'd give Benavidez the next shot because he seems like the top challenger at the division
135 - Cruz vs. Barao - goes without saying
145 - Aldo vs. Pettis - I'd stick with this fight only because it's extremely entertaining
155 - Bendo vs. Maynard - I'd give Maynard the next shot because there's no one who could give Bendo a better challenge
170 - GSP vs. Hendricks - Would def give Hendricks the shot. Diaz's act is boring now and Hendricks would make it an exciting fight
185 - Silva vs. Weidman - Weidman would make it an exciting fight and it would be the first time Silva faced off against an undefeated fighter
205 - Jones vs. Gus - Gus is the guy who everyone thinks has a shot and has been tearing it up at 205
265 - Cain vs. BF - BF got a huge win over AO and deserves a shot at the title
Tagged:

Comments

• juice64011juice64011 Posts: 5,944Free
    I agree with most of your list. I would have Pettis fight Bendo and Lamas vs Aldo though. The Maynard vs Bendo fight doesn't interest me.
    MMA Prediction Tournament 3 Champion

UFC Prediction Tournament 3 Champion

UFC Prediction Tournament 4 Champion

Official JP24 Prediction League (2012) Champion*

• SistiSisti Posts: 5,312Free

I agree with most of your list. I would have Pettis fight Bendo and Lamas vs Aldo though. The Maynard vs Bendo fight doesn't interest me.

Maynard/Bendo isn't that interesting of a fight...it's more based on the fact that Maynard is way more proven as a fighter than Melendez.
  • PoloRidahPoloRidah Posts: 11,220Free
    Might Mouse/Benavidez
    Baroa/Cruz
    Aldo/KZ
    Bendo/Pettis
    GSP/Hendricks
    Silva/Lombard(This fight doesn't make sense right now but I want to see how Lombard would do against Anderson)
    Jones/Gus
    Cain/DC
    Hendricks 1,2,3,4

• wedo619wedo619 Posts: 1,221Free
    Cain reem
    Jones Silva
    Silva Lombard
    Gsp maia
    Bendo pettis
    Rousy cyborg @140 lbs
    photo NickDiazHitem.jpg

sigbet record- 1-0
  • BanutuBanutu Posts: 619Free
    PoloRidah said:

Might Mouse/Benavidez
    Baroa/Cruz
    Aldo/KZ
    Bendo/Pettis
    GSP/Hendricks
    Silva/Lombard(This fight doesn't make sense right now but I want to see how Lombard would do against Anderson)
    Jones/Gus
    Cain/DC

lombard vs silva is a waste of a fight i mean he couldn't even damage tim...
    edited February 2013
    Banutu said:

PoloRidah said:

Might Mouse/Benavidez
    Baroa/Cruz
    Aldo/KZ
    Bendo/Pettis
    GSP/Hendricks
    Jones/Gus
    Cain/DC

He wasn't fighting like his usual self in that fight and it was his UFC debut. He came back after that fight to completely destroy Palares(who was roiding). You can't compare the Boetsch fight.

If Lombard gets a couple more wins in the middleweight division, which he is fully capable of, I wouldn't be surprised to see this match up in the future. Lombard is a beast regardless of his past performance with Boetsch.
    Post edited by PoloRidah on
    Hendricks 1,2,3,4

• WarWestWarWest Órale VatoPosts: 33,707Free
    Cain/Barnett
    Jones/Hendo
    Silva/Lombard
    GSP/Diaz
    Bendo/Eddie A.
    Aldo/KZ
    Barao/Cruz
    MM/Joe B.
    Housey/Cyborg
    The Cal Ripken Of GSP hatin'
    Arch Bishop Of Anti-GSP
    The Stockton Hater
    209's So Fine
  • OmoplataypusOmoplataypus BostonPosts: 4,547Free
    I would do something crazy like give a trash talking MW a shot at the LHW title after a loss.

Oh wait....
    !!! WAR KELGOAT
    !!! WAR MAIA
    !!! WAR CORMIER
    !!! WAR WEIDMAN  

Active bets:
    TheSinisterUrge-FRANKIE/bj, wedo619-BROWN/silva, MGun-RUMBLE/prayvis

"GOAT List:
    1. GSP
    2. Ryan LaFlare
    3. Other people"
    I took LyGOATo Machida's piss to the back of the throat and I loved it! wanderleisilva101 is the GOAT

• RodrigoRuaRodrigoRua Posts: 2,422Free
    FLY- Johnson/Benavides (no options)
    BT- No other than upcoming fight
    FW- Aldo/Zombie (Pettis has unfinished business with Bendo)
    LW- Bendo/Melendez and winner fights Pettis (yes, he should seat and wait)
    WW- GSP/Hendricks (Diaz to fight Rory or Kosheck)
    MW- Anderson/Luke is the only fight that makes sense right now for Anderson. Champ vs Champ
    LHW- Jones/Cormier should be booked already (Sonnen gotta fight someone else for that shot)
    HW- Cain/Big Foot can be predictable BUT FAIR !!!
  • juice64011juice64011 Posts: 5,944Free
    PoloRidah said:

Banutu said:

PoloRidah said:

Might Mouse/Benavidez
    Baroa/Cruz
    Aldo/KZ
    Bendo/Pettis
    GSP/Hendricks
    Jones/Gus
    Cain/DC

He wasn't fighting like his usual self in that fight and it was his UFC debut. He came back after that fight to completely destroy Palares(who was roiding). You can't compare the Boetsch fight.

If Lombard gets a couple more wins in the middleweight division, which he is fully capable of, I wouldn't be surprised to see this match up in the future. Lombard is a beast regardless of his past performance with Boetsch.
    Lombard is a good fighter but that is a bad match up.

Anderson Silva would have the reach, speed, and cardio advantage. If Lombard can't secure the takedown then he is screwed and if he doesn't end it in the first 2 then he will gas.

MMA Prediction Tournament 3 Champion

UFC Prediction Tournament 3 Champion

UFC Prediction Tournament 4 Champion

Official JP24 Prediction League (2012) Champion*

PoloRidah said:

Banutu said:

PoloRidah said:

Might Mouse/Benavidez
    Baroa/Cruz
    Aldo/KZ
    Bendo/Pettis
    GSP/Hendricks
    Jones/Gus
    Cain/DC

Lombard is a good fighter but that is a bad match up.

Anderson Silva would have the reach, speed, and cardio advantage. If Lombard can't secure the takedown then he is screwed and if he doesn't end it in the first 2 then he will gas.

I agree Silva would have several advantages, but I still want to see that fight. I'm just curious how Hector would do.
    Hendricks 1,2,3,4

• PunchBagPunchBag Posts: 7,793Free
    you can hardly call lombards fight against palhares proof hes come back strong, palhares has terrible striking and was handpicked to get lombard a win, agaisnt a top 10 lombards chance of victory isnt certain
    "Believe in the beard"
    I bet against THE KING and he smashed my little gonads into oblivion

PunchBag said:

you can hardly call lombards fight against palhares proof hes come back strong, palhares has terrible striking and was handpicked to get lombard a win, agaisnt a top 10 lombards chance of victory isnt certain

Pffft, whatever. He knocked him the **** out. That's impressive in my eyes.

Lombard is a beast.

War Hector!
    Hendricks 1,2,3,4

edited February 2013
    i would say belchers win over palhares was more impressive than hectors, dont get me wrong lombard is good but i reckon rockhold would beat him via being better.
    Post edited by PunchBag on
    "Believe in the beard"

PunchBag said:

i would say belchers win over palhares was more impressive than hectors, dont get me wrong lombard is good but i reckon rockhold would beat him via being better.

You're just trying to rustle my jimmies sir.

Hendricks 1,2,3,4

if the truth rustles your jimmies then avoid it :)
    "Believe in the beard"

PunchBag said:

if the truth rustles your jimmies then avoid it :)

Didn't Palhares get Belcher to the ground? I can't remember what got them to the ground, but in my eyes Lombard completely neutralized Palhares's offense and then KTFO'd him. Alan's win was impressive as well but he was playing with fire rolling around on the mat allowing Palhares to try and land a submission.
    Hendricks 1,2,3,4

edited February 2013
    yes belcher went to the ground with palhares where palhares is deadly and still won, anyone who can keep the fight standing with palhares is going to ko him
    Post edited by PunchBag on
    "Believe in the beard"

• KOOKORKKOOKORK Posts: 778Free
    PoloRidah said:

Might Mouse/Benavidez
    Baroa/Cruz
    Aldo/KZ
    Bendo/Pettis
    GSP/Hendricks
    Jones/Gus
    Cain/DC

^^ This^^
    Also:

I want to see Silva/Lombard because there is a tiny chance for Lombard in this fight to pull off the biggest UFC upset
    I want to see Silva/Bisping because I enjoy watching Bisping's end of the title shot story sooner than later
    I want to see silva/Rashad in 205 because Silva is more of himself when fighting in 205 and I think he can handle Rashad in 205 let alone 185.
    It is not about win or lose, it is about heart. Leave all you have in the Octagon and you are a winner in my book.
    JDS, Machida,Sam stout,Bermudez, Dustin Kimura,Roger Huerta
  • Yesterdays_HeroYesterdays_Hero Posts: 23,577Free
    Cain/Werdum
    Jones/Gus
    Anderson/Weidman
    GSP/Hendricks
    Benson/Pettis
    Aldo/Lamas
    Cruz/Barao
    MM/Benavidez
  • carnages41carnages41 Posts: 36,240Free
    Cain/DC
    Jon Jones/ Sonnen
    Anderson/ Vitor
    GSP/ Diaz
    Bendo/ Pettis
    Aldo/ Siver
    Cruz/ Barao
    Mighty Mouse/ Dodson
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last one to post wins- Winner
    UFC Forum Fight Camp- Winner
    UFC PREDICTIONS TOURNAMENT 5 - unofficial winner
  • KeemKeem Posts: 6,862Free
    Cain vs. Cormeir
    Jones vs. Gustaffson
    Silva vs. Lombard (To see what happens)
    GSP vs. Hendricks
    Henderson vs. Pettis, Melendez, or Alvarez
    Aldo vs Curran
    Cruz vs Barao
    Barao vs McDonald or Alcantara
    Johnson vs Gaudinot (To wee what happens)
    _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

- C.Condit - B.Henderson - J.Jones - C.Oliveira

J.Benavidez - H.Hioki - T.Griffin - M.Torres - J. Hathaway - J. Howard - B.Tavares - M.Johnson - M.Brimage - D.Kim - T."Lion" Inoue - LC. Davis - M. Semezier - Y.Alcantara - Wineland - H.Lim

Megumi Fuji

I am an idiot for thinking GSP could finish the P4P GOAT Nick Diaz within 5 rounds

Greg - "It's, about.. WAR! You understand me?! You bounce, you move and you punish this kid. This is 5 minutes of war, now you go and give it to me!"
    Condit- *Aye aye coach; say no more*
  • BanduraBandura Posts: 1,453Free
    Cain vs Cormeir (Or Hendo, cuz he's Hendo)
    Jones vs. Silva (or Hendo)
    Silva vs GSP (assuming above, tourney between Sonnen, Belcher, GSP and uhhhhh Cung Le for s*** and grins I guess)
    GSP vs Hendricks (assuming above tourney between Diaz, Mcdonald, Hendricks and Maia)
    Henderson vs Sherk (No I'm not going to reconsider.)
    Aldo vs Pettis (but I like Aldo vs Medes too)
    Cruz vs Barao
    MM vs Benavidez

(I'm pretty uninspired by the lowest two weight classes and most of MWs)

Remember, nothing was mentiioned about being impartial about it.

All hail the Dark sith ruler, Darth Shubeous!
  • BanutuBanutu Posts: 619Free
    lombard is a can, he was exposed by boetsch the way alistair was eposed by bigfoot, just wait and see, he will majorly disappoint you.
  • Yesterdays_HeroYesterdays_Hero Posts: 23,577Free
    Banutu said:

lombard is a can, he was exposed by boetsch the way alistair was eposed by bigfoot, just wait and see, he will majorly disappoint you.

Losing a split decision =/= getting knocked out
    lombard is a can, i would rather be kod by big foot than be lombard :(
    "Believe in the beard"