The guy we are all forgeting at LHW title shot !!

RodrigoRuaRodrigoRua Posts: 2,422Free
Lately, we are all too busy debating who will get the next shot at Jones: Machida/Hendo winner or Gus (in case he beats Mousasi). The arguments are valuable and interesting to read HOWEVER, there is another guy who will be most like challenging Jones in a near future.

DANIEL CORMIER ...

If he beats Mir in a dominant fashion and Cain keeps his belt against BF (as he will) and Jones demolish Sonnen (as he will) could Jones vs Cormier be happening late 2013 ?!
Tagged:

Comments

• PoloRidahPoloRidah Posts: 11,173Free
    I just don't think DC is going to drop to 205 even though he called out Jones.

I'd like him to keep his word and drop down to 205 after the Mir fight but for some reason I just don't think hes going to.

I also think Jones has too much of a height and reach advantage for DC to effectively get any damage in. If this fight happens DC has got to get it to the ground.
    Hendricks 1,2,3,4

• RodrigoRuaRodrigoRua Posts: 2,422Free
    PoloRidah said:

I just don't think DC is going to drop to 205 even though he called out Jones.

I'd like him to keep his word and drop down to 205 after the Mir fight but for some reason I just don't think hes going to.

I also think Jones has too much of a height and reach advantage for DC to effectively get any damage in. If this fight happens DC has got to get it to the ground.

Kinda stupid how he calls Jones out then huh ? I also dont think he will drop and in a "respectful/friendly" (if I can say that LOL) way he will fight Cain ...
  • BanutuBanutu Posts: 619Free
    imagine if DC and Cain turned out into a Rashad/Jones =d
  • juice64011juice64011 Posts: 5,935Free
    I think that DC could make 205 but at the same time he isn't going to be able to do it that quickly. After Mir if he wants to move down then he should diet and take a catchweight fight at 210 or 215. After that he can work on getting down to 205. The last time that he had kidney problems he was only trying to get to 211 so doing a practice cut would be a good idea.
    MMA Prediction Tournament 3 Champion

UFC Prediction Tournament 3 Champion

UFC Prediction Tournament 4 Champion

Official JP24 Prediction League (2012) Champion*

• skullboneskullbone Posts: 1,950Free
    DC is one liposuction session away from 205. He can be there tomorrow.
  • carnages41carnages41 Posts: 36,218Free
    We are forgettting The KING

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last one to post wins- Winner
    UFC Forum Fight Camp- Winner
    UFC PREDICTIONS TOURNAMENT 5 - unofficial winner
  • i_run_thisi_run_this Posts: 19,282Free
    lol @ you guys thinking weight cutting is a piece of cake and doesn't affect a fighters performance

UFC Prediction Tournament 5 Champion

• classicboxerclassicboxer Posts: 11,819Free

Lately, we are all too busy debating who will get the next shot at Jones: Machida/Hendo winner or Gus (in case he beats Mousasi). The arguments are valuable and interesting to read HOWEVER, there is another guy who will be most like challenging Jones in a near future.

DANIEL CORMIER ...

If he beats Mir in a dominant fashion and Cain keeps his belt against BF (as he will) and Jones demolish Sonnen (as he will) could Jones vs Cormier be happening late 2013 ?!

Cormier won't drop down unless he starts losing at heavyweight.
    Oakland, CA: Raiders, A's, Warriors
  • BanduraBandura Posts: 1,453Free
    Who forgot about DC?

All hail the Dark sith ruler, Darth Shubeous!
  • PunchBagPunchBag Posts: 7,784Free
    cromier will drop down, he wants a belt but he will never fight cain
    "Believe in the beard"
    I bet against THE KING and he smashed my little gonads into oblivion

• Yesterdays_HeroYesterdays_Hero Posts: 23,571Free

DANIEL CORMIER ...

If he refuses to fight Cain he'll HAVE TO move down. The UFC are not going to allow him to beat up contenders if he's not fighting for the title, there's no benefit to that.
  • OmoplataypusOmoplataypus BostonPosts: 4,536Free

DANIEL CORMIER ...

If he refuses to fight Cain he'll HAVE TO move down. The UFC are not going to allow him to beat up contenders if he's not fighting for the title, there's no benefit to that.
    Refusing to fight a guy annoys me to no end. You guys are pro athletes. Put the feelings aside and go to work.
    !!! WAR KELGOAT
    !!! WAR MAIA
    !!! WAR CORMIER
    !!! WAR WEIDMAN  

Active bets:
    TheSinisterUrge-FRANKIE/bj, wedo619-BROWN/silva, MGun-RUMBLE/prayvis

"GOAT List:
    1. GSP
    2. Ryan LaFlare
    3. Other people"
    I took LyGOATo Machida's piss to the back of the throat and I loved it! wanderleisilva101 is the GOAT

• c_pumphreyc_pumphrey Posts: 929Free
    he already said he wanted to do a few fights at heavyweight first
  • najmanajma Posts: 2,022Free
    edited February 2013
    he kod him before??? not interested in cormier vs big foot at all, would like carwin vs cormier though or cormier vs overeem since they were both supposed to fight for the strikeforce tournament final, but overeem left strikeforce
    Post edited by PunchBag on
    "Believe in the beard"

• UDONNOUDONNO Posts: 451Free
    THIS IS FIGHTING, CROMIER IS HEAVYWEIGHT, AND IF YOU ARE THE BEST, THEN FIGHT CAIN..........STOP MAKING EXCUSES, AND THEN DROPPING WEIGHT TO FIGHT ANOTHER GUY, JUST FIGHT THE GUY YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO FIGHT IN YOUR WEIGHT CLASS.
  • Wanderlei_RuaWanderlei_Rua Posts: 947Free
    UDONNO said:

THIS IS FIGHTING, CROMIER IS HEAVYWEIGHT, AND IF YOU ARE THE BEST, THEN FIGHT CAIN..........STOP MAKING EXCUSES, AND THEN DROPPING WEIGHT TO FIGHT ANOTHER GUY, JUST FIGHT THE GUY YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO FIGHT IN YOUR WEIGHT CLASS.

The problem with this mentality is that it forces one fighter to abandon everything/everyone who helped them reach that point in their career. Somebody(generally the challenger) has to find a new camp, new training partners and coaches. 9 times out of 10 the guy who has to switch camps loses the fight.

Why don't people realize this is a team sport in every aspect leading up to the fight and only an individual sport once the cage door closes?

• GobboGobbo Posts: 1,371Free

DANIEL CORMIER ...

They allowed it before when Tito was champion and Liddell would fight the tougher guys.
  • StompGrindStompGrind Posts: 21,170Free
    I haven't forgotten about DC. Glover either.
  • zaksamezaksame Posts: 4,340Free
    He won't be fighting at 205 ...ever.
    There is only one longshot name that has a chance in the entire division and it is Jimmo.If Jimmo had the height and reach as Jones and Gusty ,i believe he would actually defeat both.The problem is that He doesn't and won't ,but he is at least VERY talented and a long shot threat.
    Gina Miesha Kyra ...yes please.
    guy has a terrible ground game jimmo is decent but will never be top 10
    "Believe in the beard"

• SistiSisti Posts: 5,312Free
    PATSTER said:

NO! I'm sick of these auto title shots just by going up and down a division.

Have him fight at LHW first before he gets a tile shot. Gustafsson, Henderson, Machida, and Glover should be light years ahead of DC at the moment.

100% agree with this

Cormier hasn't proved anything close to Gus, Hendo, Glover, or Machida! Cormier was a freakin alternate for the Grand Prix and did nothing before or after that of note. Let the guy accomplish a few things before he leapfrogs guys like Machida or Gus who have done far more to deserve a shot. DC is just the flavor of the month, but guys like that never last long in MMA.
  • ThePack19ThePack19 Posts: 1,976Free
    I am sick of the whole "I won't fight my friend BS!" You show me the money and i will go beat my brother up!!! Then we will go have lunch, I buy (with the money I just won by beating his ****) afterwards and let by gones be by gones, get over it and move on!! This is like saying the superbowl would never have happened because both coaches are brothers and refuse to go against each other!!! BS!!!!!!!
  • Wanderlei_RuaWanderlei_Rua Posts: 947Free
    ThePack19 said:

I am sick of the whole "I won't fight my friend BS!" You show me the money and i will go beat my brother up!!! Then we will go have lunch, I buy (with the money I just won by beating his ****) afterwards and let by gones be by gones, get over it and move on!! This is like saying the superbowl would never have happened because both coaches are brothers and refuse to go against each other!!! BS!!!!!!!

Actually it's more like having a team play an entire season with one QB then having him switch teams for the Superbowl.

These fighters are as successful as they are because of their camps and coaches. It's completely unfair to make them change training camps right before the biggest fight of their career.
  • UDONNOUDONNO Posts: 451Free

ThePack19 said:

Actually it's more like having a team play an entire season with one QB then having him switch teams for the Superbowl.

These fighters are as successful as they are because of their camps and coaches. It's completely unfair to make them change training camps right before the biggest fight of their career.
    I understand this theory, however then don't claim as a fighter you are the best if you have not fought the best because they are in your camp.