Chris Weidman says Anderson Silva fight is in July, then rematch in November at MSG

Nos5Nos5 Posts: 2Free
Really?? This guy is talking about an automatic rematch like it's going to happen. Talk about over confident. I'd worry about the first fight first Chris.

Source: http://fiveknuckles.com/mma-news/Weidman-expects-Anderson-Silva-fight-in-July,-rematch-in-November-at-MSG.html
Tagged:

Comments

• PoloRidahPoloRidah Posts: 11,142Free
    If Weidman does beat Anderson Silva there will be a rematch. Blee Dat.
    Hendricks 1,2,3,4

• juice64011juice64011 Posts: 5,927Free
    I think that it is kind of funny.
    MMA Prediction Tournament 3 Champion

UFC Prediction Tournament 3 Champion

UFC Prediction Tournament 4 Champion

Official JP24 Prediction League (2012) Champion*

• It's already signed both the fight and also the rematch?
    GSP vs Fedor - Make it happen Joe!

text Fedor> Fake, Yakuza russian mobster, coward.

• ThePack19ThePack19 Posts: 1,976Free
    WAR Weidman!!!!!!!! Look what Sonnens mouth got him, can you blame Weidman for trying??
  • ThePack19 said:

WAR Weidman!!!!!!!! Look what Sonnens mouth got him, can you blame Weidman for trying??

No I could only blame Joe Silva for incompetence on getting another fight for AS instead of a rematch, and If I was Dana fire him.
    GSP vs Fedor - Make it happen Joe!

text Fedor> Fake, Yakuza russian mobster, coward.

• Oh_NoOh_No Posts: 114Free
    I can't wait to see Weidmans KO face.
  • jdukjduk Posts: 8,284Free
    Boring, he's a nobody. This only works for Chael
  • megamanmegaman Posts: 5,281Free
    ThePack19 said:

2 losses soon to be 3 on his record?

• Yesterdays_HeroYesterdays_Hero Posts: 23,567Free
    Weidman needs a warm up fight before he fights Anderson. It would be stupid to go straight in there with the best fighter on the planet.
  • jdukjduk Posts: 8,284Free

Weidman needs a warm up fight before he fights Anderson. It would be stupid to go straight in there with the best fighter on the planet.

A warm up fight won't make any difference, he's still getting his face caved in
  • MMA_FTWMMA_FTW Co-Owner of the UFCPosts: 6,815Free
    I hope it's an entertaining fight. Can't wait :D
    "Game recognize game and you lookin' kinda unfamiliar right now. I - I can't... Where's Granddad? Can I help you, sir?"
  • Yesterdays_HeroYesterdays_Hero Posts: 23,567Free
    jduk said:

A warm up fight won't make any difference, he's still getting his face caved in
    I think Anderson will put up a better fight than you think. But yeah, Weidman's amazing.
  • WarWestWarWest Órale VatoPosts: 33,655Free
    LoL

Chris is an idiot sometimes

The Cal Ripken Of GSP hatin'
    Arch Bishop Of Anti-GSP
    The Stockton Hater
    209's So Fine
  • FellyBabyFellyBaby Posts: 141Free
    dont get me wrong i like weidman but if you honestly think he really has any chance to win this fight i think your an idiot, you think oh look what chael did to anderson the first time they fought, well considering chael had 5 times the allowed limit of testosterone in his blood and the fact anderson had a broken rib and the fact that he told noguiera he would submit chael, and chael still didnt get it done, second time obviously was a different story. weidman is not nearly as aggressive with the takedown as chael(he may be as good a wrestler or better but chael is always pushing forward where weidman is a more complete fighter and uses more tools), chael has better cardio to keep doing it aswell. weidman uses good striking to use his good grappling which doesnt work against anderson, its worked so far with weidman because he hasnt fought anybody with better stand up than him in the ufc. weidman vs anderson will be similar to anderson vs okami, weidman will try and tie him up, it wont work, anderson will knock him down, tell him get back up, knock him down again and weidman will lie there and anderson will be like fine ill finish you, and thats how itll go
  • FellyBaby said:

dont get me wrong i like weidman but if you honestly think he really has any chance to win this fight i think your an idiot

1- it's you're an idiot

2- Anderson has lost to Japanese cans before what makes you think he's unbeatable now?
  • JunglebirdJunglebird Posts: 9,741Free

FellyBaby said:

dont get me wrong i like weidman but if you honestly think he really has any chance to win this fight i think your an idiot

1- it's you're an idiot

2- Anderson has lost to Japanese cans before what makes you think he's unbeatable now?
    nobody is unbeatable, even Chris wideman
    FEB. 2010
    Anderson Silva: Proof that you dont need PEDs to be the GOAT.
  • FellyBaby said:

1- it's you're an idiot

nobody is unbeatable, even Chris wideman
    Agreed. Weidman could win and he could lose, Anderson is the best in the world so it would be dumb to ever count him out, but he's not unbeatable either
  • PunchBagPunchBag Posts: 7,782Free
    hes unbeatable
    "Believe in the beard"
    I bet against THE KING and he smashed my little gonads into oblivion

FellyBaby said:

1- it's you're an idiot

are you really correcting spelling on a forum cmon son
    anderson lost a long time ago, when he didnt really care or train very much, yes he can lose now, he will not lose to weidman. weidman does not have the tools too beat him, anything more than a punchers chance is ridiculous.
    only way we see anderson lose is if he fights jon jones, that fight is pretty even but jons size might be a little much to deal with.
    i hate that weidman beat the **** out of an out of shape munoz, who was never that that good to begin with and now hes a huge threat to anderson, like thats crazy talk, give me an argument, i gave mine. weidman is very well rounded but does not excel in any one area enough to be able to beat anderson.
  • juice64011juice64011 Posts: 5,927Free
    edited February 2013
    When you are insulting someone's intelligence you should spell everything correctly. Also it's not like Munoz gassed, he got ktfo.

Obviously Andy would be a huge favorite like every other fight but ignoring Weidman's potential is dumb. He is big, has a long reach, good wrestling, a good ground game, and decent striking. How many of Anderson's other opponents had all of those things?
    Post edited by juice64011 on
    MMA Prediction Tournament 3 Champion

UFC Prediction Tournament 3 Champion

UFC Prediction Tournament 4 Champion

Official JP24 Prediction League (2012) Champion*

When you are insulting someone's intelligence you should spell everything correctly. Also it's not like Munoz gassed, he got ktfo.

Obviously Andy would be a huge favorite like every other fight but ignoring Weidman's potential is dumb. He is big, has a long reach, good wrestling, a good ground game, and decent striking. How many of Anderson's other opponents had all of those things?

never said munoz gassed, he looked chunky, he got his **** whooped too quick to get gassed, but beating munoz doesnt prove anything other than you can beat munoz. your also making my point, munoz is just a really good all around fighter, and once anderson leaves the division or relinquishes the belt weidman will be the champ, i do believe right now he is better than everyone in the division other than andy, and his toughest fights would be against vitor and bisping but still think he would win. weidman should be smart and take a different fight coming off an injury, he should be fighting bisping or vitor first, for his own sake. anderson will demolish weidman mark my words, and i cant wait for the fight so all these anderson haters will fall back and find the "next guy" who will "dethrone" the greatest
    oh and nate marquardt is a great all around fighter, and when he was coming up people thought the same thing of him as they did weidman, and look what happened to him after fighting anderson.....
  • zaksamezaksame Posts: 4,340Free
    Well i would be confident as well,the problem is predictions are unpredictable,you never know what the other guy is going to do,you can guess but that is all.You should however be ready for what you KNOW the other guy is worried about.
    Weidman SHOULD realize that Silva is going to have a plan to counter wrestling,the same as he did with Chael.

If Silva backs up to the fence,he should have a plan for that.,if Silva moves all cocky like ,have a plan,Most important hands up high and in front of face and move head side to side and move in,don't stand around.Pretty simple really and that is because Silva is a simple guy to train for,he is very predictable,he likes,wants,needs a stand up fight.
    It is easy in Weidman's mind to juts think he is going to get a hold of him and easy win.However HOW to get a hold of him?Silva is as quick as they come,his legs are quick and hands are quick.
    Gina Miesha Kyra ...yes please.
    if you watch weidman fight though hes not like chael, chael runs at you and trys to take you down, weidman sets up his takedowns. so its different.
    the main thing i look at here is anderson supreme confidence in doing whatever he wants and he will make weidman question himself. when andy stands in front of you and lets you hit him and it doesnt faze him, you start to question yourself. more than his skills, this is what andy brings into the octagon, he makes you feel stupid like you shouldnt even be attempting to fight him.
  • PunchBagPunchBag Posts: 7,782Free
    weidman having to setup takedowns could be what costs him, the longer you spend striking with silva the shorter the fight will be.
    "Believe in the beard"
    I bet against THE KING and he smashed my little gonads into oblivion

• edh1edh1 Posts: 960Free
    FellyBaby said:

dont get me wrong i like weidman but if you honestly think he really has any chance to win this fight i think your an idiot, you think oh look what chael did to anderson the first time they fought, well considering chael had 5 times the allowed limit of testosterone in his blood and the fact anderson had a broken rib and the fact that he told noguiera he would submit chael, and chael still didnt get it done, second time obviously was a different story. weidman is not nearly as aggressive with the takedown as chael(he may be as good a wrestler or better but chael is always pushing forward where weidman is a more complete fighter and uses more tools), chael has better cardio to keep doing it aswell. weidman uses good striking to use his good grappling which doesnt work against anderson, its worked so far with weidman because he hasnt fought anybody with better stand up than him in the ufc. weidman vs anderson will be similar to anderson vs okami, weidman will try and tie him up, it wont work, anderson will knock him down, tell him get back up, knock him down again and weidman will lie there and anderson will be like fine ill finish you, and thats how itll go

I THOUGHT OKAMI'S GRAPPLING MIGHT GIVE ANDERSON PROBLEMS AND WAS DEAD WRONG.OKAMI WAS SCARED SHITLESS THOUGH. IF WEIDMAN GETS ULTRA AGRESSIVE WITH THE TAKEDOWNS,AND ISN'T INTIMIDATED HE MAY HAVE A SHOT.HE SEEMS TRULY CONFIDENT HE CAN DO IT,WHICH IS A GOOD THING.SO MANY GUYS GET CAUGHT UP IN THE MOMENT AND THE BEAST THAT IS ANDERSON SILVA.YOU MAKE SOME GOOD POINTS ,BUT I THINK WEIDMAN IS ON ANOTHER LEVEL THAN CHAEL,AND IS WAY SCARIER STANDING,AND HAS BETTER SUBS TOO.BUT THERE IS A GOOD CHANCE SILVA MOPS THE FLOOR WITH THIS GUY TOO.UNDERESTIMATING ANDERSON HAS LIGHTENED MY WALLET BEFORE
  • edh1edh1 Posts: 960Free
    zaksame said:

Well i would be confident as well,the problem is predictions are unpredictable,you never know what the other guy is going to do,you can guess but that is all.You should however be ready for what you KNOW the other guy is worried about.
    Weidman SHOULD realize that Silva is going to have a plan to counter wrestling,the same as he did with Chael.

If Silva backs up to the fence,he should have a plan for that.,if Silva moves all cocky like ,have a plan,Most important hands up high and in front of face and move head side to side and move in,don't stand around.Pretty simple really and that is because Silva is a simple guy to train for,he is very predictable,he likes,wants,needs a stand up fight.
    It is easy in Weidman's mind to juts think he is going to get a hold of him and easy win.However HOW to get a hold of him?Silva is as quick as they come,his legs are quick and hands are quick.

LOL Anderson Silva is an easy guy to train for!!.you need to start taking your meds again,how does one get sparring partners that fight like Anderson Silva.Just the fact that he likes to stand does not make him predictable.
  • wanderleisilva101wanderleisilva101 Posts: 9,337Free
    edited February 2013
    Wiedman will get his **** handed to him he's overrated as hell, Munoz was one of the easiest contender fights anyone could ask for especially after that long lay off, there's a few MW's better than Chris and Anderson is way ahead of him.
    Post edited by wanderleisilva101 on
    Bet Record- 76-43

UFC Survivor series tournament 1 winner

It's so cool that my partnership with my best friend and lover Antawn can be recognized as a marriage! DOMA is unconstitutional!

image image