Is the UFC skipping over KZ because they think Aldo will lose?

WarWestWarWest Órale VatoPosts: 33,707Free
edited February 2013 in UFC
Lets be honest here, Aldo is to replace Silva as their Brazilian golden boy. It's obvious

Are they throwing him an easy fight with Pettis because they don't want the possibility of KZ fighting him and winning?

Or are they just throwing him the easy fight with Pettis because they want him to move up to 155 after?

Please discuss
Post edited by WarWest on
The Cal Ripken Of GSP hatin'
Arch Bishop Of Anti-GSP
The Stockton Hater
209's So Fine
Tagged:

Comments

• JunglebirdJunglebird Posts: 9,741Free
    UFC is into handing out free title shots to undeserving fighters lately.
    FEB. 2010
    Anderson Silva: Proof that you dont need PEDs to be the GOAT.
  • KeemKeem Posts: 6,862Free
    KZ is injured allegedly from shoulder surgery. Pettis isn't an easy fight with a win over the current LW champion.
    _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

- C.Condit - B.Henderson - J.Jones - C.Oliveira

J.Benavidez - H.Hioki - T.Griffin - M.Torres - J. Hathaway - J. Howard - B.Tavares - M.Johnson - M.Brimage - D.Kim - T."Lion" Inoue - LC. Davis - M. Semezier - Y.Alcantara - Wineland - H.Lim

Megumi Fuji

I am an idiot for thinking GSP could finish the P4P GOAT Nick Diaz within 5 rounds

Greg - "It's, about.. WAR! You understand me?! You bounce, you move and you punish this kid. This is 5 minutes of war, now you go and give it to me!"
    Condit- *Aye aye coach; say no more*
  • WarWestWarWest Órale VatoPosts: 33,707Free
    edited February 2013

UFC is into handing out free title shots to undeserving fighters lately.

Couldn't agree more

Belfort, Diaz, Edgar, Sonnen, Pettis

The list goes on
    Arch Bishop Of Anti-GSP
    The Stockton Hater
    209's So Fine
  • SteelerNation43SteelerNation43 Posts: 12,653Free
    War Kzomb but he's injured.

War Pettis next FW champ.
    edited February 2013
    Keem said:

KZ is injured allegedly from shoulder surgery. Pettis isn't an easy fight with a win over the current LW champion.

Pettis is a free win

KZ was ready to go long before the injury

I'm thinking its because they don't want to risk the chance of Aldo losing, and losing his momentum
    Arch Bishop Of Anti-GSP
    The Stockton Hater
    209's So Fine
    WarWest said:

Keem said:

Pettis is a free win

I'm thinking its because they don't want to risk the chance of Aldo losing, and losing his momentum
    huh? Kzomb had surgery over the summer after the poirier fight. He's been recovering ever since.

War Kzomb but he's injured.

War Pettis next FW champ.

LoL
    Arch Bishop Of Anti-GSP
    The Stockton Hater
    209's So Fine

WarWest said:

Keem said:

Pettis is a free win

huh? Kzomb had surgery over the summer after the poirier fight. He's been recovering ever since.
    Like I said, he was ready for the title shot before the surgery
    Arch Bishop Of Anti-GSP
    The Stockton Hater
    209's So Fine
    WarWest said:

Keem said:

Pettis is a free win

I feel ya, but me personally I think Pettis is the most formidable opponent just by his resume anyways, not many FW's can say they have the wins that Pettis has ya know? He's a FW beating LW's if he makes weight before fight night. KZ is awesome, and exciting to watch, but his resume doesn't really show as Pettis up at all. Lamas either and he's 4 wins in w/o injury. The loss to Roop doesn't help in matching KZ and Aldo up and KZ's style doesn't exploit anything in Aldo. Some could say cardio or pace, but KZ hasn't been 5 rounds yet in the UFC.
    _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

J.Benavidez - H.Hioki - T.Griffin - M.Torres - J. Hathaway - J. Howard - B.Tavares - M.Johnson - M.Brimage - D.Kim - T."Lion" Inoue - LC. Davis - M. Semezier - Y.Alcantara - Wineland - H.Lim

Megumi Fuji

I am an idiot for thinking GSP could finish the P4P GOAT Nick Diaz within 5 rounds

Greg - "It's, about.. WAR! You understand me?! You bounce, you move and you punish this kid. This is 5 minutes of war, now you go and give it to me!"
  • KOOKORKKOOKORK Posts: 778Free
    UFC and Dana couldn't care less about Aldo and his loss. There are tens if not hundreds of Brazilian fighters who can fill the void of Aldo in UFC. KZ is no threat to aldo's style but Pettis is a serious challenge. Name a weight-class with no top Brazilian in UFC? They are everywhere and growing and UFC is not worried about losing one of them. The end of a star is the birth of another one in UFC.
    It is not about win or lose, it is about heart. Leave all you have in the Octagon and you are a winner in my book.
    JDS, Machida,Sam stout,Bermudez, Dustin Kimura,Roger Huerta
    PATSTER said:

No it's because KZ doesn't deserve the shot.

Lamas just beat the last two # 1 contenders. If any current Featherweight would have got the shot, it would be him.

Koch wasn't a real #1 contender. He was just the only available person. Hioki is debatable too.

Beating Hominick and Poirier is arguably better than any of Lamas', Hioki, and Koch's records.
  • i_run_thisi_run_this Posts: 19,286Free
    no, hes injured.

UFC Prediction Tournament 5 Champion

• BanduraBandura Posts: 1,453Free
    nah

All hail the Dark sith ruler, Darth Shubeous!
  • Skywalker_StyleAwkwardSkywalker_StyleAwkward Posts: 240Registered Users
    LOL c'mon war west.
    Obvious trolling.
    KZ got Roop'd.
    He'd get Aldo'd.
    lmfao.
    Nubcake thread.
    [ D e v i | s A d v O c a t 3 ]

The Emperor will return...
  • Cole1186Cole1186 Posts: 3,717Free
    How are people taking u serious... LOL
    Keem said:

WarWest said:

Keem said:

Pettis is a free win

I feel ya, but me personally I think Pettis is the most formidable opponent just by his resume anyways, not many FW's can say they have the wins that Pettis has ya know? He's a FW beating LW's if he makes weight before fight night. KZ is awesome, and exciting to watch, but his resume doesn't really show as Pettis up at all. Lamas either and he's 4 wins in w/o injury. The loss to Roop doesn't help in matching KZ and Aldo up and KZ's style doesn't exploit anything in Aldo. Some could say cardio or pace, but KZ hasn't been 5 rounds yet in the UFC.
    Pettis only has 2 good wins on his resume

KZ only has 2 good wins on his resume

Seems close to me

Pettis has 2 losses on his record, both from 45'ers

You say KZ's resume doesnt show up Pettis but what has pettis really shown at 145?

You say KZ has a loss to Roop, doesnt Pettis have a loss to Guida?

As far as KZ's cardio goes he is Asian, he can go full blast for 37 rounds if he wanted too
    Arch Bishop Of Anti-GSP
    The Stockton Hater
    209's So Fine
    PATSTER said:

Lamas just beat the last two # 1 contenders. If any current Featherweight would have got the shot, it would be him.

This:

PATSTER said:

Koch wasn't a real #1 contender. He was just the only available person. Hioki is debatable too.

Beating Hominick and Poirier is arguably better than any of Lamas', Hioki, and Koch's records.
    Arch Bishop Of Anti-GSP
    The Stockton Hater
    209's So Fine

no, hes injured.

He was good when he deserved the title shot so..........
    Arch Bishop Of Anti-GSP
    The Stockton Hater
    209's So Fine

LOL c'mon war west.
    Obvious trolling.
    KZ got Roop'd.
    He'd get Aldo'd.
    lmfao.
    Nubcake thread.

Legit thread

Arch Bishop Of Anti-GSP
    The Stockton Hater
    209's So Fine
    Cole1186 said:

+1

I find it laughable that Pettis has such a huge following too
    Arch Bishop Of Anti-GSP
    The Stockton Hater
    209's So Fine
    PATSTER said:

WarWest said:

Cole1186 said:

+1

I find it laughable that Pettis has such a huge following too
    **** Pettis

He got beat by CLAY GUIDA lmao, that cemented him as a can for life
    +1

Nate Diaz too
    Arch Bishop Of Anti-GSP
    The Stockton Hater
    209's So Fine
  • GSP_over_SilvaGSP_over_Silva Posts: 12,185Free
    Here are the facts.

KZ got KO'd by a guy who's 12-9-1.
    He lost to Leonard Garcia.
    His last three wins were against Leonard Garcia (15-10-1 MMA, 2-6 UFC), Mark Hominick
    Believe in Beard
  • PunchBagPunchBag Posts: 7,793Free
    Keem said:

well edgar was the lgiht weight champ and he didnt fair to well

"Believe in the beard"
    I bet against THE KING and he smashed my little gonads into oblivion

WarWest said:

Keem said:

WarWest said:

Keem said:

Pettis is a free win

Pettis only has 2 good wins on his resume

KZ only has 2 good wins on his resume

Seems close to me

Pettis has 2 losses on his record, both from 45'ers

You say KZ's resume doesnt show up Pettis but what has pettis really shown at 145?

You say KZ has a loss to Roop, doesnt Pettis have a loss to Guida?

As far as KZ's cardio goes he is Asian, he can go full blast for 37 rounds if he wanted too
    Roop made 135lb against Wineland so KZ actually got finished by a bantamweight. Pettis has yet to be finished and the Guida fight is debatable. Pettis has a win over the current LW champion and top level LW's. KZ best win to date is Porier. No disrespect to 1st rnd KO of Hominick and Twister subb over Garcia, but how does that match up to a 1st round KO over Lauzon, 1st round TKO over Cerrone and UD over Bendo? No other FW is matching that kind of resume in UFC except Edgar. As far as Cardio, Pettis was able to jump off of a cage and land hi kick in the 5th years ago after a war. KZ hasn't been in a 5 round fight yet. You better not be trying to troll me, your normally not this easy. lol

Megumi Fuji

This thread is just making my head hurt.

Who gives a **** at this point.

Pettis vs Aldo is better than any FW fight available atm so enjoy the **** out of it!!!!!!!
    its my belief that kz was playing to the fans in his early fights with his hands low plodding like a zombie he has a very good chin but that headkick was brutal and since that loss i think he started taking it seriously and utilizing his true talent on the feet which he showed in his last fight the most.
    "Believe in the beard"

PunchBag said:

its my belief that kz was playing to the fans in his early fights with his hands low plodding like a zombie he has a very good chin but that headkick was brutal and since that loss i think he started taking it seriously and utilizing his true talent on the feet which he showed in his last fight the most.

I hate to say that because people will always say its an excuse but there is an extreme noticeable difference in his technique post Roop.
    yea i think he realized its all good having fans but if you dont win fights you wont stay around for long.
    "Believe in the beard"

• the_enigmathe_enigma Posts: 19,048Premium
    edited February 2013
    Where Nick Diaz comes from people who make threads like this get slapped.

And if there's nobody there to slap them, they slap themselves.
    Post edited by the_enigma on
    2013 predictions league champion
    Forum odds makers league all division champ, p4p 1... no.1 period.
    Forum Face Off 2012 champion, 2013 no.2, 2013 most wins as champ
    Last one to post wins winner x2

imageimage
  • i_run_thisi_run_this Posts: 19,286Free
    KZ needs a warm up fight before fighting Aldo anyways.

UFC Prediction Tournament 5 Champion