Dana White wants to ban TRT cheating!

ultimatefightingchampultimatefightingchamp Posts: 27,350Free
http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2013/2/15/3993794/dana-white-ufc-testosterone-replacement-trt

"There are plenty of guys in the UFC that are naturally gifted and talented fighters. If you’re testosterone levels are too low then you’re probably too old to be fighting, stop fighting! "

Quote from Dana ^
Tagged:

Comments

• PoloRidahPoloRidah Posts: 11,398Free
    Dana's a hater. I'm surprised he said that when half his roster is using TRT legally and making him his money...LoL
    Hendricks 1,2,3,4

• JunglebirdJunglebird Posts: 9,741Free
    http://www.mmaopinion.co.uk/2013/02/15/dana-white-trt-is-cheating-and-im-100-percent-against-it/

Hopefully the flow of BS spews some truth this time, TRT is a ****ing joke. Fighters who claim to 'need' it are a ****ing joke.
    FEB. 2010
    Anderson Silva: Proof that you dont need PEDs to be the GOAT.
    TRT and 'legal' is a ****ing joke
    FEB. 2010

How can you disagree with me when the Athletic Commission grants exceptions for it and ALLOWS fighters to use it.

Just because you think its a joke doesn't make it illegal. LoL
    Hendricks 1,2,3,4

PoloRidah said:

How can you disagree with me when the Athletic Commission grants exceptions for it and ALLOWS fighters to use it.

so because the commission allow it means fighters cant jack up their T levels during camp and taper down for test time.

Fighters who use it are a joke. Fans who support it are no different.
    FEB. 2010
  • Brent555Brent555 Posts: 3,106Free
    PoloRidah said:

The Athletic Commission as far as MMA goes has always been a joke, so yes people can still disagree with you and them. Get over it.
    boxing@boxing.nv.gov <boxing@boxing.nv.gov>

This is the e-mail belonging to the Nevada State Athletic Commission. Any complaints due to poor judging should be directed to them. Let your voice be heard
  • Brent555Brent555 Posts: 3,106Free

your*, Dana.

I'm pretty sure Dana isn't the one who wrote down his own quote.
    boxing@boxing.nv.gov <boxing@boxing.nv.gov>

This is the e-mail belonging to the Nevada State Athletic Commission. Any complaints due to poor judging should be directed to them. Let your voice be heard
  • jdukjduk Posts: 8,293Free
    edited February 2013

PoloRidah said:

so because the commission allow it means fighters cant jack up their T levels during camp and taper down for test time.

TRT is legal because the commission allows it. They grant exceptions for it.

The bold is your opinion and I wasn't arguing your opinion since you are entitled to it.

Personally I don't give a **** about TRT. I don't support it or cry about it.
    Post edited by PoloRidah on
    Hendricks 1,2,3,4

• You guys should really read the whole article it's pretty good
  • SteelerNation43SteelerNation43 Posts: 12,681Free
    bad idea, more suspensions (and there will be) = less fights.

Who cares, lets just watch some fights.
    PoloRidah said:

PoloRidah said:

TRT is legal because the commission allows it. They grant exceptions for it.

The bold is your opinion and I wasn't arguing your opinion since you are entitled to it.

Personally I don't give a **** about TRT. I don't support it or cry about it.
    the point is TRT should not be legal.

the 'commissions' decisions arnt absolute - just because they are a commission dosnt mean they cant be wrong. You are correct, its legal because they make exceptions. But it shouldnt be.
    FEB. 2010
  • FellyBabyFellyBaby Posts: 141Free
    what dana is sayin is fighters who have the trt exemption are raising their levels way too high throughout training camp and then letting them get back down to regular levels for fight night tests(i believe trt has a half life of 18 days, so it would be like my t:e ratio can be 16:1 just about a month before the fight and then by fight time my levels are back to a legal 4:1) so what dana is saying is that even if the state grants this exemption, the ufc will random test fighters during their camps to make sure they are not raising their levels too high. if trt is going to be legal this is all dana can do about it and i think its great
  • WarWestWarWest Órale VatoPosts: 33,836Free
    PoloRidah said:

Dana's a hater. I'm surprised he said that when half his roster is using TRT legally and making him his money...LoL

Lmfao!!!! Right!!??
    The Cal Ripken Of GSP hatin'
    Arch Bishop Of Anti-GSP
    The Stockton Hater
    209's So Fine
  • GSP_over_SilvaGSP_over_Silva Posts: 12,185Free
    Who gives a ****?
    Believe in Beard
    edited February 2013
    I'm here to see exciting fights, not failed tests.
    Post edited by GSP_over_Silva on
    Believe in Beard
  • ShannonRitch1p4pShannonRitch1p4p Posts: 10,073Free
    Lol at the egg head dummy. Does he realize what he said? He says TRT users' levels are checked leading up to the fight to make sure there good which is true. He then says get ready **** because we are testing the **** out of you. If they already are tested what more are you going to do? Give them cavity searches? And he acts like the state commissions give 2 shits of what his baluga whale looking **** thinks. They abide by their own guidelines.
  • GoToGuyGoToGuy Posts: 5,361Free
    Good. Get rid of those cheaters.

• Wanderlei_RuaWanderlei_Rua Posts: 975Free
    edited February 2013

Lol at the egg head dummy. Does he realize what he said? He says TRT users' levels are checked leading up to the fight to make sure there good which is true. He then says get ready **** because we are testing the **** out of you. If they already are tested what more are you going to do? Give them cavity searches? And he acts like the state commissions give 2 shits of what his baluga whale looking **** thinks. They abide by their own guidelines.

I think he means that fighters who are granted a TUE exemption will be subject to more testing during training camps. And I expect that we'll see more situations like the one with Overeem. If TRT users are truly doing it just to maintain "normal" levels, then they shouldn't have a problem with additional testing.

I rarely agree with DW about anything. However, this may be one time where his bullheaded arrogance actually works to benefit the sport. It could also be a line of BS he said just to placate the Bisping fans since they're in London. Hopefully the former.
    Post edited by Wanderlei_Rua on
  • Wanderlei_RuaWanderlei_Rua Posts: 975Free

It is true that the only reason there are any 40 year old fighters who are still great is because they use TRT.

Exactly. It's an unfair advantage to let a guy boost his T levels to "compete with the young bucks" when he already has the advantage of 10-15 years experience over the younger fighters.
  • OmoplataypusOmoplataypus BostonPosts: 4,620Free
    edited February 2013
    Sorry double post
    Post edited by Omoplataypus on
    !!! WAR KELGOAT
    !!! WAR MAIA
    !!! WAR CORMIER
    !!! WAR WEIDMAN  

Active bets:
    TheSinisterUrge-FRANKIE/bj, wedo619-BROWN/silva, MGun-RUMBLE/prayvis

GOAT List:
    1. GSP
    2. Ryan LaFlare
    3. Other people
    I took LyGOATo Machida's piss to the back of the throat and I loved it! wanderleisilva101 is the GOAT
    If you don't think Ronda could actually take out Cain on her best day, then there's something wrong with YOU

edited February 2013

Nobody who's a good fighter is good BECAUSE of TRT.

Hendo and Vitor have had legit skill for decades before using TRT. All TRT is doing is letting them extend their careers but they are still effective fighters because of their amazing talent.

Its like 90% pure fighting talent 10% TRT allowing them to continue to fight at an older age.

All fans who can't see that are jokes. Y u no like logic forum?

Post edited by Omoplataypus on
    !!! WAR KELGOAT
    !!! WAR MAIA
    !!! WAR CORMIER
    !!! WAR WEIDMAN  

Active bets:

GOAT List:
    1. GSP
    2. Ryan LaFlare
    3. Other people
    I took LyGOATo Machida's piss to the back of the throat and I loved it! wanderleisilva101 is the GOAT
    If you don't think Ronda could actually take out Cain on her best day, then there's something wrong with YOU

• classicboxerclassicboxer Posts: 11,848Free

Hendo and Vitor have had legit skill for decades before using TRT. All TRT is doing is letting them extend their careers but they are still effective fighters because of their amazing talent.

Its like 90% pure fighting talent 10% TRT allowing them to continue to fight at an older age.

Do you think Michael Jordan should still be playing? That would be a joke.
    Oakland, CA: Raiders, A's, Warriors
    My opinion on TRT:

Believe in Beard

Do you think Michael Jordan should still be playing? That would be a joke.
    That'd be awesome.
    Believe in Beard
    Basketball is much different then fighting. The fight could last 5 seconds. They are apples and orangutans.
    !!! WAR KELGOAT
    !!! WAR MAIA
    !!! WAR CORMIER
    !!! WAR WEIDMAN  

Active bets:

GOAT List:
    1. GSP
    2. Ryan LaFlare
    3. Other people

• the_enigmathe_enigma Posts: 19,089Premium
    trt fighters are more exciting
    ^ I agree.
    2013 predictions league champion
    Forum odds makers league ALL divisions champ, p4p 1... no.1 period.
    Forum Face Off 2012 champion, 2013 no.2, 2013 most wins as champ
    Last one to post wins winner x2

• UFCDynastyUFCDynasty Posts: 2,469Free
    Does anyone really think Dan Henderson's TRT exemption makes him a cheater? Hes one of the few that I think actually needs it.
    Pariah MMA- Amateur Fighter, Colorado Springs CO

Ellenberger

Bendo

Cerrone

Condit

Bader

Diaz