Daniel Cormier responds to Frank Mir’s trash-talk

Frontline_RioterFrontline_Rioter Posts: 2,531Free
http://fiveouncesofpain.com/2013/02/15/daniel-cormier-responds-to-frank-mirs-trash-talk/

“Level of competition Mir? You do realize I beat the guy fighting for the UFC title next right. Research buddy,” Cormier exclaimed, adding he couldn’t wait to get a hold of Mir at UFC on FOX 7.

“Hey Barnett, message from your friendly neighborhood Olympian,” wrote Cormier in a follow-up message. “I think Mir says that we aren’t very good. Just a heads up.”
Tagged:

Comments

• WarWestWarWest Órale VatoPosts: 33,756Free
    Cormier and Barnett would smash Mir. FACT

Barnett would sub Mir. Blee Dat!

Hey Mir:

Said my ninjas don't dance we just pull up our pants
    And do the rockaway,

Now lean back, lean back, lean back, lean back
    The Cal Ripken Of GSP hatin'
    Arch Bishop Of Anti-GSP
    The Stockton Hater
    209's So Fine
  • Frontline_RioterFrontline_Rioter Posts: 2,531Free
    Mir will fade away after Cormier wires his jaw shut. Let Barnett finish off whatever is left of the man known as Frank Mir.
  • JohnnyZadarJohnnyZadar Posts: 8,936Free
    i totally believe that Mir would beat BigFoot...having said this...i got Mir over DC B-)
  • GSP_over_SilvaGSP_over_Silva Posts: 12,185Free
    WarWest said:

Cormier and Barnett would smash Mir. FACT

Barnett would sub Mir. Blee Dat!

Hey Mir:

Said my ninjas don't dance we just pull up our pants
    And do the rockaway,

Now lean back, lean back, lean back, lean back

LMFAO!!!!!
    Believe in Beard
  • Cormier will smash Mir worse than JDS did
  • edh1edh1 Posts: 962Free

i totally believe that Mir would beat BigFoot...having said this...i got Mir over DC B-)

Cormier will destroy Frank Mir.MIR HAS ZERO CHANCE OF GETTING THIS FIGHT TO THE GROUND.It seems like Mir is always belittling someones credentials.A couple of weeks ago he was yapping that Jds ground game aint that good.Funny considering he just ko'd Mir 6 or 8 months ago,AND HAD ZERO ANSWERS FOR THE FORCE THAT IS JDS.He's great on the ground , but if he can't get junior there , how the hell will he get the (DC) olympian there.MIR IS ALWAYS TALKING **** TRYING TO STAY RELEVENT.THOUGH HIM AND BARNETT WOULD BE A GOOD SCRAP.
  • GSP_over_SilvaGSP_over_Silva Posts: 12,185Free
    Cormier is getting a little cocky.
    Believe in Beard
  • GoToGuyGoToGuy Posts: 5,361Free
    Mir ready to get ktfo again I see.

• JohnnyZadarJohnnyZadar Posts: 8,936Free
    Mir has a big potty mouth like spits...i give u that...but the boys got skills...he stood with Kongo?and beat him...BigCounty could do nothing but be manhandled by Mir...MY BOY (Big Nog)rocked him senseless...and Mir broke his arm...Mir is very well rounded...and on the ground hes deadly...so yes,by experience in MMA etc...i got Mir over DC B-)This coming from a non Mir fan ;)
    Mir is too slow. The weight he put on for the Lesnar's and Carwin's of the world is now playing against him. Lesnar is retired and Carwin's crippled old **** might as well be.

Cormier knocks him clean out in the first round.
  • TheUnicornTheUnicorn Posts: 493Free
    watch Mir get the upset
    HW- Pat Barry

LHW- Maldonado, Diabate

MW- Chris Leben, Vitor

WW- Nick Diaz

LW- Nate Diaz, Varner

FW- Bart P

BW- Eddie Wineland

Flyweight- Louis Gaudinot

Sigbet record 2-1
  • PunchBagPunchBag Posts: 7,846Free
    seriously who has mir beat, hes had alot of fights agaisnt top guys but he lost most of em
    "Believe in the beard"
    I bet against THE KING and he smashed my little gonads into oblivion

• WarWestWarWest Órale VatoPosts: 33,756Free
    PunchBag said:

seriously who has mir beat, hes had alot of fights agaisnt top guys but he lost most of em

Um

He subbed and KO'd big Nog

First to do either
    The Cal Ripken Of GSP hatin'
    Arch Bishop Of Anti-GSP
    The Stockton Hater
    209's So Fine
    edited February 2013
    yea but big nog isnt exactly a spring chicken, hes past it by quite a few fights.
    Post edited by PunchBag on
    "Believe in the beard"

• c_pumphreyc_pumphrey Posts: 929Free
    mirs standup is better I think he takes this fight wereever it goes if dc wins it will be a ud by lay n pray

mirs standup is better I think he takes this fight wereever it goes if dc wins it will be a ud by lay n pray

This is a joke right? Mir was on **** street against a shop-worn Nog and Cormier is not going to risk taking Mir down. Taking Mir down would actually give him a chance at winning. Cormier is going to destroy him standing.
  • wanderleisilva101wanderleisilva101 Posts: 9,411Free
    Cormier will knock Mir out wake him up and knock his **** back out again guaranteed!
    Bet Record- 76-43

UFC Survivor series tournament 1 winner

It's so cool that my partnership with my best friend and lover Antawn can be recognized as a marriage! DOMA is unconstitutional!

image image
  • chanman20chanman20 Posts: 4,843Free
    Mir is going to kill DC. After this fight DC will wish SF was still around since thats the only place he would win a belt
    “But in the end, the most important thing to accept, is that no matter how alone you feel, how painful it may be, with the help of those around you, you'll get through this too."

Chael Sonnen will make Jon Jones look like the can that he is when he becomes the LHW Champion.

Frank Mir
    Bj Penn
    Nate Daiz
    If Mir can't get Cormier grounded and keep him there he's ****. I have a hard time believing anyone outside of his own training partner and UFC heavyweight champion could take Cormier down. Even Cain wouldn't be able to keep him on his back tho. No heavyweight in the history of the sport scoops Barnett up and dumps him the way Cormier did. Believe it.

I just hope Cormier doesn't break his hand again in the process of knocking him out. He really is the black Fedor. Small, pudgy and breaks hands knocking fools out.

mirs chin is soft so i dont think cormier will hurt his hand :)
    "Believe in the beard"

• OmoplataypusOmoplataypus BostonPosts: 4,610Free
    If DC is Black Fedor, then who is Mir the white version of?
    !!! WAR KELGOAT
    !!! WAR MAIA
    !!! WAR CORMIER
    !!! WAR WEIDMAN  

Active bets:
    TheSinisterUrge-FRANKIE/bj, wedo619-BROWN/silva, MGun-RUMBLE/prayvis

GOAT List:
    1. GSP
    2. Ryan LaFlare
    3. Other people
    I took LyGOATo Machida's piss to the back of the throat and I loved it! wanderleisilva101 is the GOAT
    If you don't think Ronda could actually take out Cain on her best day, then there's something wrong with YOU

• GoToGuyGoToGuy Posts: 5,361Free

Lol, wut? Mir's standup is not that good. Him and his chin are going to get KTFO out, again.

GoToGuy said:

Lol, wut? Mir's standup is not that good. Him and his chin are going to get KTFO out, again.

His chin has a separate consciousness?
    !!! WAR KELGOAT
    !!! WAR MAIA
    !!! WAR CORMIER
    !!! WAR WEIDMAN  

Active bets:

GOAT List:
    1. GSP
    2. Ryan LaFlare
    3. Other people
    I took LyGOATo Machida's piss to the back of the throat and I loved it! wanderleisilva101 is the GOAT
    If you don't think Ronda could actually take out Cain on her best day, then there's something wrong with YOU

• skullboneskullbone Posts: 1,955Free
    Mir will be too tired to do anything but get whooped past round one.
  • chanman20chanman20 Posts: 4,843Free
    ALso DC is being a cry baby ****. No where did Mir say he sucks or anything along those lines. First he crys Mir better watch his mouth cause he doesn't want to get him pissed now hes crying about something else. Gonna be funny when Mir wrecks him worse then he did Kongo
    “But in the end, the most important thing to accept, is that no matter how alone you feel, how painful it may be, with the help of those around you, you'll get through this too."

Chael Sonnen will make Jon Jones look like the can that he is when he becomes the LHW Champion.

Frank Mir
    Bj Penn
    Nate Daiz
    chanman20 said:

ALso DC is being a cry baby ****. No where did Mir say he sucks or anything along those lines. First he crys Mir better watch his mouth cause he doesn't want to get him pissed now hes crying about something else. Gonna be funny when Mir wrecks him worse then he did Kongo

Kongo=Cormier?

Seems legit
    !!! WAR KELGOAT
    !!! WAR MAIA
    !!! WAR CORMIER
    !!! WAR WEIDMAN  

Active bets:

GOAT List:
    1. GSP
    2. Ryan LaFlare
    3. Other people

• SistiSisti Posts: 5,312Free
    DC is a bit too cocky for not even having his first UFC fight yet

DC has only two names on his resume. If he was tearing through people insanely he would of been in the original 8 for the HW Grand Prix. The truth is that he's legit, but a tad overrated at this point. I really haven't seen anything from him to feel he's up there with the JDS/Cain rankings. I see Mir as a very even match-up and is one of those top-tier veteran vs. seemingly unstoppable prospect fights. Mir already went through this with Brock, and DC doesn't have nearly the same reputation as Brock. I see Mir winning this by size and experience, but it wouldn't surprise me if DC took it by UD. Should be a great fight and DC is a welcome addition to spicing up the UFC scene

The one thing I'd like to see them do with DC is to slowly build him. Don't do the immediate title shot at a different division thing. If he drops to LHW make him fight through the ranks there like everyone else and it will end up building the inevitable Jones/DC match that much more
  • MetatronBJJMetatronBJJ Posts: 1,245Free
    DC has been gotten to
    I don't want to knock him out. I want to hurt him. If I knock him down, I'll stand back, give him a chance to breathe. It's his heart I want. - Smokin Joe Frazier