Hendo says he’s bringing his track shoes for Machida

MMALivesHereMMALivesHere Posts: 80Free
edited February 2013 in UFC
MMA legend Dan Henderson (29-8) thinks he'll need his track shoes against former UFC light heavyweight champion, Lyoto Machida (18-3). Hendo clashes with Machida in the co-main event of UFC 157 - Rousey vs Carmouche next weekend. The former two-division Pride champion told Fox LA he's happy the fight's a three-rounder, but knows he has his work cut out for him against "The Dragon." It should be a compelling contest between a heavy-handed wrestler and lightning-quick karateka.

“I probably should bring my track shoes and chase him down and make sure that he, you know, make him fight me. That’s going to be the biggest thing is just not letting him move around too much and pick me apart and then move some more and you know, just kind of stay in his face and cut him off and make him fight me, put him on his back and beat him up everywhere … (I bring) power and the fact that I can put him on his back when I want to and, you know, beat him up in the clinch. I just, I think what I need to be aware of is, you know, he’s quick and tricky and a little different.”

From MMA Lives Here
Post edited by MMALivesHere on
Tagged:

Comments

• edh1edh1 Posts: 960Free
    Hendo actually thinks he can put Machida on his back(WHEN HE WANTS TO),yes he was an olympic alternate back when Ronald reagan was Pres,but he was outwrestled lately by Shogan,who is mediocre at best at wrestling,unless he lands the bomb Hendo is in for a long night.
  • Yesterdays_HeroYesterdays_Hero Posts: 23,567Free
    Chase him down? That's exactly what Machida wants. Run in hands down, chin up.
  • najmanajma Posts: 2,022Free
    Dan, you're not taking Machida down. Not in a millions years.

Machida via crane kick.
  • carnages41carnages41 Posts: 36,218Free
    edh1 said:

Hendo actually thinks he can put Machida on his back(WHEN HE WANTS TO),yes he was an olympic alternate back when Ronald reagan was Pres,but he was outwrestled lately by Shogan,who is mediocre at best at wrestling,unless he lands the bomb Hendo is in for a long night.

Rampage took Machida down with ease, Hendo can do the same
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last one to post wins- Winner
    UFC Forum Fight Camp- Winner
    UFC PREDICTIONS TOURNAMENT 5 - unofficial winner
  • classicboxerclassicboxer Posts: 11,819Free
    Machida backs up a lot, but he doesn't run.
    Oakland, CA: Raiders, A's, Warriors

He runs more than that can Cassius Clay did
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• ShannonRitch1p4pShannonRitch1p4p Posts: 9,946Free
    Hendo will rag doll him in the clinch and put him in his **** or 1 punch KTFO him. Its his choice.
  • PunchBagPunchBag Posts: 7,784Free
    machida has spent very little time on the ground hes tricky to takedown and hendo wont be able to do it if randy couldnt
    "Believe in the beard"
    I bet against THE KING and he smashed my little gonads into oblivion

PunchBag said:

machida has spent very little time on the ground hes tricky to takedown and hendo wont be able to do it if randy couldnt

LOL

wtf is this supposed to mean? Hendo is MUCH better than Randy

• PunchBagPunchBag Posts: 7,784Free
    edited February 2013
    at striking, how often do we see hendo take someone down and how often have we seen hendo on his back like a turtle recently? hendo wont take him down and randy would beat hendo in a grpapling match today.
    Post edited by PunchBag on
    "Believe in the beard"
    I bet against THE KING and he smashed my little gonads into oblivion

• ShannonRitch1p4pShannonRitch1p4p Posts: 9,946Free
    When has Machidas TDD ever been tested? Bader, Tito, and Rashad didnt and couldnt shoot on him cause he was running so much. When RamGOAT got a hold of him he dumped him easily and almost slammed him on his head but Machida took the **** escape route.

Bottom line is his TDD sucks.
  • JunglebirdJunglebird Posts: 9,741Free
    PATSTER said:

Hendo's getting KTFO'd

I kinda feel bad for Hendo, don't want to see him retire on this note.

gonna be an epic KTFO. Thanks Machida
    FEB. 2010
    Anderson Silva: Proof that you dont need PEDs to be the GOAT.
  • ijosefijosef Posts: 1,635Free
    I just don't see Hendo's cardio holding up if the fight goes past the second round. Machida will capitalize if/when Hendo gets tired.
  • OmoplataypusOmoplataypus BostonPosts: 4,536Free
    edited February 2013
    Hendo via eating the shot that KOd Bader and landing the H Bomb right after.
    Post edited by Omoplataypus on
    !!! WAR KELGOAT
    !!! WAR MAIA
    !!! WAR CORMIER
    !!! WAR WEIDMAN  

Active bets:
    TheSinisterUrge-FRANKIE/bj, wedo619-BROWN/silva, MGun-RUMBLE/prayvis

"GOAT List:
    1. GSP
    2. Ryan LaFlare
    3. Other people"
    I took LyGOATo Machida's piss to the back of the throat and I loved it! wanderleisilva101 is the GOAT

• wedo619wedo619 Posts: 1,218Free
    clinch KO for hendo or nothing at all .im willing to bet a ufc poster of your choice
    photo NickDiazHitem.jpg

sigbet record- 1-0
  • zaksamezaksame Posts: 4,340Free
    I give Hendo some credit for thinking it through and being somewhat correct but not fully.
    Machida is not a runner,he is like A.Silva ,a counter striker.He is what i cal la "Waiter" he waits and waits in hopes that you will commit to him.The guy who gets to plant his feet has a much bigger advantage than the guy who has to lunge in and commit and open himself up.

So really what Hendo needs to concern himself with,is how to get inside without taking too much damage.
    I don't like 3 round fights,it lets the lazy guys off the hook for lack of training.We all know thjat the majority are cheating using roids,however that won't help cardio,i want training and cardio to be every bit as important as roids and weight cutting.One thing for sure is hendo will not outsize Machida,Lyoto was at one time the second biggest 205 behind Tito.

I am not a huge Lyoto fan but imo Hendo has almost no skill.So how does hendo win,you got it,he hopes to get lucky with his wild non calculated strikes.Hendo also seems to forget why he likes it a 3 round fight,he has zero cardio.So how does he think a guy with crap cardio can force the fight and get in his face?I guess he figures on trying to end it round 1.
    Gina Miesha Kyra ...yes please.
  • idrankyourbeeridrankyourbeer Sony: "We made VCRs too. Play in our world. Watch tv in theirs!"Posts: 21,121Free
    Hendo via H-Bomb
    Just givin out the D
    Roy Nelson - Devouring the competition and pissing out excellence
    I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather. not screaming and yelling like the passengers in his car
  • GobboGobbo Posts: 1,371Free
    zaksame said:

I give Hendo some credit for thinking it through and being somewhat correct but not fully.
    Machida is not a runner,he is like A.Silva ,a counter striker.He is what i cal la "Waiter" he waits and waits in hopes that you will commit to him.The guy who gets to plant his feet has a much bigger advantage than the guy who has to lunge in and commit and open himself up.

So really what Hendo needs to concern himself with,is how to get inside without taking too much damage.
    I don't like 3 round fights,it lets the lazy guys off the hook for lack of training.We all know thjat the majority are cheating using roids,however that won't help cardio,i want training and cardio to be every bit as important as roids and weight cutting.One thing for sure is hendo will not outsize Machida,Lyoto was at one time the second biggest 205 behind Tito.

I am not a huge Lyoto fan but imo Hendo has almost no skill.So how does hendo win,you got it,he hopes to get lucky with his wild non calculated strikes.Hendo also seems to forget why he likes it a 3 round fight,he has zero cardio.So how does he think a guy with crap cardio can force the fight and get in his face?I guess he figures on trying to end it round 1.

I want to see you try to go 3 rounds like the "lazy fighters". Especially against someone with "almost no skill" like Dan Henderson. My money would you being tired after 2 minutes and shortly after that waking up wondering what happened.
  • JunglebirdJunglebird Posts: 9,741Free
    its ironic that Hendo says he wants to bring his track shoes because his cardio is so bad
    FEB. 2010
    Anderson Silva: Proof that you dont need PEDs to be the GOAT.
  • ThePack19ThePack19 Posts: 1,976Free
    I like both fighters. But it sucks that Hendo is probably gonna retire after getting whupped a few times starting with machida. Stubborn!
  • horrorfan663horrorfan663 Posts: 767Free
    Hendo needs to just stay patient and not get frustrated.

He needs to prepare to wrestle and not just fling that H-bomb hoping it lands.

That being said, don't get submitted Hendo, your track record with Nogueira Jiu Jitsu fighters is not so good.
    Lil Nog
    Big Nog
    A. Silva
    all tapped him out
    Machida looks to become number 4
    Silva. idk how i feel about Silva. I feel like anything he had going for him coming into the UFC was ripped away when Cain pulled that drive by on him back at 146. Poor guy never even saw the Astro Van coming.....
  • mtlmtl Posts: 522Free

Chase him down? That's exactly what Machida wants. Run in hands down, chin up.

this
    -Cerrone

-"Smooth"Henderson

-Johnny Bones Jones

-GSP

-Nate Diaz

-Munoz

-Struve

-Lauzon
  • MetatronBJJMetatronBJJ Posts: 1,243Free
    I'm not counting out Hendo, but this is a horrible match up for Dan, and chasing Machida is the absolute worst thing he can do. If he does that he'll probably get countered all night and lose via decision.
    I don't want to knock him out. I want to hurt him. If I knock him down, I'll stand back, give him a chance to breathe. It's his heart I want. - Smokin Joe Frazier
  • GN_FDUGN_FDU Posts: 3,803Free
    zaksame said:

One thing for sure is hendo will not outsize Machida,Lyoto was at one time the second biggest 205 behind Tito.

Lmao! Are you **** stupid? Machida has always been a small LHW.
    GN_FDU said:

zaksame said:

One thing for sure is hendo will not outsize Machida,Lyoto was at one time the second biggest 205 behind Tito.

We need someone to measure their biceps, preferably with a ruler

• classicboxerclassicboxer Posts: 11,819Free

Obvious troll, but Cassius Clay used to predict the round he would finish his opponent, and then do it in the round he predicted.
    Oakland, CA: Raiders, A's, Warriors

GN_FDU said:

zaksame said:

We need someone to measure their biceps, preferably with a ruler
    I'd use a protractor
    I don't want to knock him out. I want to hurt him. If I knock him down, I'll stand back, give him a chance to breathe. It's his heart I want. - Smokin Joe Frazier

Obvious troll, but Cassius Clay used to predict the round he would finish his opponent, and then do it in the round he predicted.
    It was when he changed his name. Thats when he started dabbling in the dark arts. He was a Gypsy trickster like JDS and that's how he got his psychic powers.
  • DerkJitsuDerkJitsu Posts: 150Free
    Dan Henderson isn't putting anyone on their back especially Machida. Anyone who thinks otherwise, well, get real. What a joke Hendo.
  • DerkJitsuDerkJitsu Posts: 150Free

When has Machidas TDD ever been tested? Bader, Tito, and Rashad didnt and couldnt shoot on him cause he was running so much. When RamGOAT got a hold of him he dumped him easily and almost slammed him on his head but Machida took the **** escape route.

Bottom line is his TDD sucks.

You certainly would never qualify for an MMA analyst or commentator job.