As the fight nears I believe more and more that Chael Sonnen will win this fight

SilentDogoodSilentDogood Posts: 237Free
edited February 2013 in UFC
As the fight nears I realize more and more that Chael Sonnen will win this fight.
Post edited by SilentDogood on
Tagged:

Comments

• carnages41carnages41 Posts: 39,055Free
    Jones doesn't know how to deal, with the man of steel
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last one to post wins- Winner
    UFC Forum Fight Camp- Winner
    UFC PREDICTIONS TOURNAMENT 5 - unofficial winner
  • ShannonRitch1p4pShannonRitch1p4p MichiganPosts: 10,505Free
    Chael is the sacrificial limb now. Paid to promote the hell out of the fight to get people like you to think he has a chance, you buy the ppv, and he ends up throwing the fight and builds up the other guy.

• PunchBagPunchBag Posts: 8,494Free
    if sonnen wins it will be by an act of god
    "Believe in the beard"
    I bet against THE KING and he smashed my little gonads into oblivion

• AnsemAnsem Posts: 3,892Free

As the fight nears I believe more and more that Chael Sonnen will win this fight.

yes thats the result of the promotional videos and tuf, for the average fans they will start to believe what you are.

| Machida - JDS - Penn - Belfort - Nurmagomedov - Texiera |

“I make my own odds. I make my own atmosphere.” - Vitor Belfort

"Sixty G's babyyy! haha yeah!" - Conor Mcgregoat

• najmanajma Posts: 2,499Free
    As the fight nears I believe more and more that it will be a majority draw.
    Nah...
    The best chance Sonnen has of winning this fight is to pull off a Hamill. He should forget about spinning elbows and other fancy **** and just pull guard right away and hope Jones gets over-excited and dishes out some of them 12-to-6 elbows.

But, if by a miracle Chael wins the fight - I'm gonna cry and get drunk to celebrate. He's one of my favourite sports personas ever.
  • ShannonRitch1p4pShannonRitch1p4p MichiganPosts: 10,505Free
    PATSTER said:

what

he's going to get submitted in the first round, or TKO'd.

dumb fight

Maybe by the old Jon Jones. The new Jon Jones is a pansy. He will keep Chael at bay with ghey knee kicks, hold him down, and rub his elbow on the dudes face. Then, finally when his opponent is gassed, he will find an incredibly easy finish somewhere.

PATSTER said:

what

dumb fight

Maybe by the old Jon Jones. The new Jon Jones is a pansy. He will keep Chael at bay with ghey knee kicks, hold him down, and rub his elbow on the dudes face. Then, finally when his opponent is gassed, he will find an incredibly easy finish somewhere.
    +1

especially with the rubbing elbow against face part
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• PunchBagPunchBag Posts: 8,494Free
    i hope sonnen can get jones on the mat i wanna see how jones handles being on his back
    "Believe in the beard"
    I bet against THE KING and he smashed my little gonads into oblivion

• MangasmMangasm Idiot Savant ExtraodinairePosts: 6,295Free

PATSTER said:

what

dumb fight

lol keep Chael at bay.

Chael doesn't give a single ****. He's going to charge right through whatever Jones tries to keep range with and then we're gonna see who's the better wrestler.
    The internet tells me that that's called love, I'm on the internet cuz I'm an Internet thug.

Sigbet record: 99999-0. Blee dat
    Mangasm said:

PATSTER said:

what

dumb fight

lol keep Chael at bay.

Chael doesn't give a single ****. He's going to charge right through whatever Jones tries to keep range with and then we're gonna see who's the better wrestler.
    Hendricks couldn't even beat Kos, how do you expect him to defeat the almighty Georges?

• MangasmMangasm Idiot Savant ExtraodinairePosts: 6,295Free

Mangasm said:

PATSTER said:

what

dumb fight

lol keep Chael at bay.

Hendricks couldn't even beat Kos, how do you expect him to defeat the almighty Georges?
    Wrong thread. But I'll answer anyways, Hendricks beat Kos with ONE EYE. GSP's eye gouging skills are nowhere near Kos' level, he's doomed
    The internet tells me that that's called love, I'm on the internet cuz I'm an Internet thug.

Sigbet record: 99999-0. Blee dat
    Mangasm said:

Mangasm said:

PATSTER said:

what

dumb fight

lol keep Chael at bay.

Wrong thread. But I'll answer anyways, Hendricks beat Kos with ONE EYE. GSP's eye gouging skills are nowhere near Kos' level, he's doomed
    GSP has many other tricks though, like nut shots and triple H spits....not to mention shots to the back of the head

• StompGrindStompGrind CajunlandPosts: 22,185Free
    edited February 2013
    I don't but i believe he can make it more competitive than the people that think Jones will just completely run right through him. He could very well do that but i do think Chael can potentially make it a competitive fight. I don't think he can beat Jones though.
    Post edited by StompGrind on
  • megamanmegaman Posts: 5,318Free
    I wouldn't be suprised if he lost and got caught with PED's again afterwards.

He must be juicing up hard for this fight.

• I think Jones has too many tools and being a 5 round fight won't help Chael. He's going to get caught by something eventually IMO
  • MetatronBJJMetatronBJJ Posts: 1,245Free
    This will be the third fighter that Jones and Andy will have in common. So far, Andy has finished the other 2 in more impressive fashion. I still have Jones over Andy in a superfight, but I definitely want to see how Jones handles himself against Chael. I think he will win, but I want to see how impressive it is. I'm not sure if Jones even looks at it that way or cares, but he could use this fight to send a message.
    I don't want to knock him out. I want to hurt him. If I knock him down, I'll stand back, give him a chance to breathe. It's his heart I want. - Smokin Joe Frazier
  • SilentDogoodSilentDogood Posts: 237Free
    @metatronBJJ also realize Chael dominated Anderson Silva before getting submitted in the 5th round, and did not lose in a devastating fshion
  • ThePack19ThePack19 Posts: 2,065Free
    Something tells me Jones might "toy" with Sonnen. Not take him too seriously because...well....it's Sonnen. I hope not. JBJ should just walk right up to him and put him on his back, rain down the hellbows and just be done with it.
  • J_o_RJ_o_R <This.Posts: 3,285Free
    Chael via Jedi Mind Tricks.
    This^

thank you @Tiger_Champion for the JoR tags.
  • GSP_over_SilvaGSP_over_Silva Posts: 12,185Free
    Great thread. DUI Jones will lose and the face of Nike MMA will be under it's rightful owner.

Believe in Beard
  • Homie^ColeHomie^Cole The Wrong Side of The BedPosts: 5,853Free

As the fight nears I realize more and more that Chael Sonnen will win this fight.

ur trying to hard.. not cute.
  • TahuneTahune Posts: 2,057Free
    edited February 2013
    I'd rather a boycott was started for this whole debacle...
    I remember the rage throughout the land once this fight was announced- it was a nonsense match up designed to pull money.But now it seems people are buying into it.
    Chael doesn't have a hope on God's green earth of beating Jones.

I hope I have to eat these words though ...
    :D
    Post edited by Tahune on
    Grover- Future LHW champ!
  • Beloved89Beloved89 Posts: 215Free
    Chael has got this, you guys. Believe.
    WAR CIGANO!!

Cain is far superior to Big Foot, and so is Spartacus_ to me. I should not bet against the undefeated GOAT poster.
  • OmoplataypusOmoplataypus BostonPosts: 5,195Free
    edited February 2013
    Why does Chael have no shot? He took the Spider to the brink of defeat. That must count for something.

If he ignored whatever Anderson friggin Silva threw at him and just charged forward, do you think he'll be scared of JBJ's far more feeble striking game?

Everyone talks up Jones's wrestling game but what great wrestler has he faced, Hamill? Rashad was an idiot and didn't even try to wrestle. He just relied on his incredible jab catch the entire fight.

Chael will put JBJ on his buttocks and then we'll see how the champ fares. Who knows Sonnen could get triangled with ease, or he could expose a huge potential weakness in Jones's game, fighting off his back.

American Gangster UD.
    Post edited by Omoplataypus on
    !!! WAR KELGOAT
    !!! WAR MAIA
    !!! WAR CORMIER
    !!! WAR WEIDMAN  

Wise words:

"There are three types of posters here, though some may fall into more than one of these categories.

Fight fans who come here to talk about fights, fighters, promotions and other random things with other posters they have gained a rapport with.

Retards who like to troll and flame and be generally annoying so as to gain undue attention because they have little else to offer.

And people who like to feed the retards by providing a willing and interactive audience, they also enjoy trolling and flaming but do so with sarcasm and wit."

-TheSinsterUrge
  • wanderleisilva101wanderleisilva101 Posts: 10,245Free
    I wouldn't mind Sonnen winning I like him more than Jones atleast but I don't see it, I think they will stand most of the first with Sonnen looking for the takedown early then in the 2nd or 3rd Jones will submit him.
    Bet Record- 76-43

UFC Survivor series tournament 1 winner
    image image
  • JoeTheGiggoloJoeTheGiggolo Posts: 1,641Free
    what Sonnen is going to do to Jones

photo 1360894574038_zps68819ce5.gif
    Proud Supporter of TEAM SONNEN!

I said Mighty Mouse would be the 1st UFC FlyW Champ!
  • skullboneskullbone Posts: 2,009Free
    Jones better finish within the first two rounds or he's going to get outworked.
  • BanduraBandura Posts: 1,453Free
    I like that Chael has no gameface. if this makes it past round 1 I bet we're gonna see Jones go all stoic at the beginning of each round while Sonnen looks like he just finished the events of Die Hard. But he'll charge right forward and jones will wilt a little more each time..

All hail the Dark sith ruler, Darth Shubeous!
  • »Army_Of_Øne«»Army_Of_Øne« Posts: 20,211Free
    LOL

I would love for Chael this fight is just a marketing gimick to make mad cash.

¤ UFC Prediction Tournament 5 Champion

> > > IRT < < <