GSP VS DIAZ

UDONNOUDONNO Posts: 468Free
I'd like to know how many people here feel that DIAZ is going to destroy GSP. I am a fan of both fighters to be honest, but I do not see GSP winning this match. I think DIAZ beats him everywhere, except wrestling, and if GSP takes DIAZ down, I see DIAZ submitting him. As well GSP cannot think his CARDIO will prevail in the later round, as DIAZ never tires. I just see this as being a very BAD night for GSP.
Tagged:

Comments

• WarWestWarWest Órale VatoPosts: 33,860Free
    I don't think he will destroy him but I do think Diaz can win
    The Cal Ripken Of GSP hatin'
    Arch Bishop Of Anti-GSP
    The Stockton Hater
    209's So Fine
  • UDONNOUDONNO Posts: 468Free
    I know DIAZ CAN win, and I think he DOES win
  • StompGrindStompGrind Posts: 21,326Free
    Diaz can win but it's going to be tricky.
  • PunchBagPunchBag Posts: 7,869Free
    diaz can win just like every fighter before him could win but he isnt going to.
    "Believe in the beard"
    I bet against THE KING and he smashed my little gonads into oblivion

• carnages41carnages41 Posts: 36,414Free

Diaz will pull a Maia vs Fitch on GSP. He will do the unexpected: Take him down at will and control him for 5 rds.

This

I've been saying this for a while

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last one to post wins- Winner
    UFC Forum Fight Camp- Winner
    UFC PREDICTIONS TOURNAMENT 5 - unofficial winner
  • PunchBagPunchBag Posts: 7,869Free
    suppose diaz wins, now im thinking how awesome hendricks vs diaz or macdonald vs diaz would be, dont you jsut wish gsp would get caught for roids and retire?
    "Believe in the beard"
    I bet against THE KING and he smashed my little gonads into oblivion

• MangasmMangasm Posts: 6,077Free
    Diaz is no showing Countdown tapings.

Get ready for his dumb **** to get pulled again. Which is great, put Hendricks in there instead, the guy who actually EARNED a title shot
    The internet tells me that that's called love, I'm on the internet cuz I'm an Internet thug.

Sigbet record: 99999-0. Blee dat
  • StompGrindStompGrind Posts: 21,326Free
    edited February 2013
    Mangasm said:

Diaz is no showing Countdown tapings.

Get ready for his dumb **** to get pulled again. Which is great, put Hendricks in there instead, the guy who actually EARNED a title shot

I can't argue Hendricks doesn't deserve it but Nick does too. He gave Condit a close and controversial fight, destroyed Penn and George even believes he's a worthy challenger and definitely a threat.

I don't really care if he doesn't want a camera crew in his face when he's training for the most important fight of his career. This fight sells it self. Dana and company think this countdown crap gets them more sales and they could be right for some fights but not for this one. Many fans have been itching to see this fight for years before Hendricks even thought about doing mma.

Also according to his agent he was only given notice about one particular taping and showed up on time and in good spirits. The other scheduled tapings he wasn't made aware of.
    Post edited by StompGrind on
  • Diaz will pull a Maia vs Fitch on GSP. He will do the unexpected: Take him down at will and control him for 5 rds.

Wtf? Didn't expect that :D
  • I can't believe we're only 1 month away from the fight, and February is so short :D

I love Diaz, I think he's the underdog but has a good chance to win, and if he does I'll party like a rockstar
  • idrankyourbeeridrankyourbeer Sony: "We made VCRs too. Play in our world. Watch tv in theirs!"Posts: 21,121Free
    edited February 2013
    a year ago before the condit fight i thought he would stand a chance. now i dont feel like hes much of a threat at all. he wont even show up to do interviews for the countdown show.

he couldnt beat a runner. what is he going to do against a guy who's always pressing forward and going to use his weaknesses against him and take the fight wherever he wants it to go.

the best possible outcome i foresee for diaz, other than not showing up for the fight, is having decision george win rounds 1 2 and 5. im calling it a 50-45 UD for safe pierre

Post edited by idrankyourbeer on
    Just givin out the D
    Roy Nelson - Devouring the competition and pissing out excellence
    I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather. not screaming and yelling like the passengers in his car
  • ShannonRitch1p4pShannonRitch1p4p Posts: 10,106Free

Diaz will pull a Maia vs Fitch on GSP. He will do the unexpected: Take him down at will and control him for 5 rds.

Wtf? Didn't expect that :D
    Neither will George.

That would be glorious LoL
    Arch Bishop Of Anti-GSP
    The Stockton Hater
    209's So Fine
    PATSTER said:

shannonritch is officially P4P

Hes been P4P. He has more wins than George fighting 3 weight classes above his natural weight. He is a natural Featherweight.
  • edh1edh1 Posts: 965Free

This

I've been saying this for a while

Diaz can win ,but take GSP down like Maia did to Fitch LOLOLOLOL. all american wrestlers have zero success taking GSP down,how the Hell is Diaz gonna do it, his Wrestling is crap ,and GSP has top notch tdd.Yes Diaz has a decent shot at submitting George, BUT IF HE DOES IT,IT WILL BE OFF HIS BACK ,but at no time will GSP be on his back from any kind of takedown Or sweep.Hell Nick diaz couldnt pull a double on Dominic Cruz.Diaz can maybe Tko GSP at the very beginning of each round in the 30 or so seconds it might take GSP to set up a takedown,but more likely he might set up a sub off his back,but the % of this sort of thing happening is very slim--- IT'S gonna be A GSP TAKEDOWN(TOP CONTROL) FOLLOWED BY SOME GNP AND MULIPLY IT BY 5 ROUNDS,unless GSP decides to try and prove something in the standup (which he probably won't), in which case it could be a fight. Regardless if GSP Gets clipped or any momentum goes Diazs way GSP will take him down( EASILY).Yes Diaz has good Jitz ,but he is not on the level of Damian Maia ,and Gsp has waaay better TD defence THAN Fitch.Not to mention when the Hell as Nick Diaz ever Subbed an elite top 10er.Subbing evengalisa Santos,Scott Smith ,or Takanori Gomi is a far cry from subbing GSP.We all have favorite fighters ,but your prediction defys logic.Diaz is very good , and he might win ,but controling Gsp for 3 full rounds and totally outclassing him like Maia did Fitch,Winning like that would make Buster Douglas upset on Tyson Pale in comparison.Sometimes we(people) tend to hate 1 fighter so much ,that we become delutional.Either that or your TROLLING
  • edh1edh1 Posts: 965Free

Diaz would get stuffed by mighty mouse
  • ThePack19ThePack19 Posts: 1,976Free
    Not a GSP or Diaz fan. But this is what GSP has to face, legit opponents who can dethrone him. So it can go either way, I am not picking this one. Unlike A Silva who picks his fights and we find it laughable.
  • KeemKeem Posts: 6,862Free
    edh1 said:

and eat a knee for his troubles..
    _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

- C.Condit - B.Henderson - J.Jones - C.Oliveira

J.Benavidez - H.Hioki - T.Griffin - M.Torres - J. Hathaway - J. Howard - B.Tavares - M.Johnson - M.Brimage - D.Kim - T."Lion" Inoue - LC. Davis - M. Semezier - Y.Alcantara - Wineland - H.Lim

Megumi Fuji

I am an idiot for thinking GSP could finish the P4P GOAT Nick Diaz within 5 rounds

Greg - "It's, about.. WAR! You understand me?! You bounce, you move and you punish this kid. This is 5 minutes of war, now you go and give it to me!"
    Condit- *Aye aye coach; say no more*
  • JunglebirdJunglebird Posts: 9,741Free
    ThePack19 said:

Not a GSP or Diaz fan. But this is what GSP has to face, legit opponents who can dethrone him. So it can go either way, I am not picking this one. Unlike A Silva who picks his fights and we find it laughable.

you kidding me? the only reason Diaz is fighting for the title is because GSP asked for him over the #1 contender.

GSP easiest fight since Hardy.
    FEB. 2010
    Anderson Silva: Proof that you dont need PEDs to be the GOAT.
  • rtwil2007rtwil2007 Posts: 2,272Moderator, Ultimate
    UDONNO said:

I'd like to know how many people here feel that DIAZ is going to destroy GSP. I am a fan of both fighters to be honest, but I do not see GSP winning this match. I think DIAZ beats him everywhere, except wrestling, and if GSP takes DIAZ down, I see DIAZ submitting him. As well GSP cannot think his CARDIO will prevail in the later round, as DIAZ never tires. I just see this as being a very BAD night for GSP.

Have you ever watched either guy fight? Diaz is scared to fight top control wrestlers because he can't beat them. GSP may be the best top control wrestler in the game. GSP is going to take him down for 5 rounds and beat him up....I don't think Diaz has much of a chance
    "I will do nothing lightly. When I walk, I will walk heavily. When I fight, I will fight with conviction. When I speak, I will speak strongly. When I feel, I will feel everything. When I love, I will love with everything." - Evan Tanner
    edh1 said:

GSP is sleeping on Nicks wrestling. I heard Nick has been working hard on his wrestling so i think he might just come out and ragdoll him for 25.
    edited February 2013

ThePack19 said:

you kidding me? the only reason Diaz is fighting for the title is because GSP asked for him over the #1 contender.

Comparing Hardy to Diaz is laughable at best LoL
    Post edited by WarWest on
    Arch Bishop Of Anti-GSP
    The Stockton Hater
    209's So Fine
  • BeanslegendBeanslegend Posts: 814Free
    Pfff haha. This is laughable thread. I got GSP by murder. I'm calling GSP via 3rd round TKO.

Pfff haha. This is laughable thread. I got GSP by murder. I'm calling GSP via 3rd round TKO.

*a*
    Arch Bishop Of Anti-GSP
    The Stockton Hater
    209's So Fine
  • idrankyourbeeridrankyourbeer Sony: "We made VCRs too. Play in our world. Watch tv in theirs!"Posts: 21,121Free
    edited February 2013
    you guys are crazy if you think this is going to be anything other than a UD decision for gsp

decision george has this fight in the books.condit had me worried. i dont foresee diaz as any kind of a threat. gsp will take him down at will but wont be able to finish him. he's too smart for diaz to ever submit him off of his back

ill be glad when the fight is over. gsp will walk away with his title, and i can go back to cheering for diaz as well. hopefully they give him a rematch with condit and don't promise the winner a title shot this time. it could be a completely different fight.
    Post edited by idrankyourbeer on
    Just givin out the D
    Roy Nelson - Devouring the competition and pissing out excellence
    I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather. not screaming and yelling like the passengers in his car
  • DoobsterDoobster Posts: 2,096Free
    in Montreal, GSP wins. in USA, Diaz wins.
    "It's either blue cheese with wings or go **** your mother." -- MadFlavor
  • ThePack19ThePack19 Posts: 1,976Free
    WarWest said:

ThePack19 said:

Comparing Hardy to Diaz is laughable at best LoL
    This.

you guys are crazy if you think this is going to be anything other than a UD decision for gsp

decision george has this fight in the books.condit had me worried. i dont foresee diaz as any kind of a threat. gsp will take him down at will but wont be able to finish him. he's too smart for diaz to ever submit him off of his back

ill be glad when the fight is over. gsp will walk away with his title, and i can go back to cheering for diaz as well. hopefully they give him a rematch with condit and don't promise the winner a title shot this time. it could be a completely different fight.

Love that Vancouver Riot picture. Unfortunately, half the people involved were rats, another quarter were two faced cowards denouncing the riot after partcipating, and the last 1/4 is the folks like me who rioted, enjoyed it, spoke proudly about it, and would do it again in a second, while still keeping Vancouver alive through paying taxes and other important services people like me do.
    UDONNO said:

GSP never tires either? Oh and GSP called this fight out for the first time since Penn or Hughes, so in that sense he's angry and pissed off to top things off. Poor Diaz...