Possible reason Forrest Griffin lost the way he did to Anderson Silva

SilentDogoodSilentDogood Posts: 237Free
edited February 2013 in UFC
if you didnt know Forrest griffin tested postive for Xanax in the post fight drug test against anderson,Xanax is taken for anxiety and panic disorders
and the advesre side effects of Xanax are concentration problems, Drowsiness, dizziness, light headedness, fatigue, unsteadiness and impaired coordination, vertigo

So Xanax could of messed him up for the fight

Post edited by SilentDogood on
Tagged:

Comments

• rtwil2007rtwil2007 Posts: 2,272Moderator, Ultimate
    Or Anderson is just better
    "I will do nothing lightly. When I walk, I will walk heavily. When I fight, I will fight with conviction. When I speak, I will speak strongly. When I feel, I will feel everything. When I love, I will love with everything." - Evan Tanner
  • JunglebirdJunglebird Posts: 9,741Free
    Forrest could be on TRT and still get dominated like he did.
    FEB. 2010
    Anderson Silva: Proof that you dont need PEDs to be the GOAT.
  • FellyBabyFellyBaby Posts: 141Free
    this is old news, but i dont think the result would be much different if he wasnt on it
  • Frontline_RioterFrontline_Rioter Posts: 2,527Free
    edited February 2013
    He took xanax the night before the fight because he was scared shitless of the fact that he was actually going to have to get in the cage with Anderson Silva. He couldn't sleep but xanax has a short half life. Gump wasn't popping xanax in the locker room warming up. He really is that slow and Anderson really is that much better than he is. Total mismatch just like all 3 of Anderson's light heavyweight bouts.
    Post edited by Frontline_Rioter on
  • classicboxerclassicboxer Posts: 11,820Free
    He took a dive. Bonnar hit him harder then Anderson.
    Oakland, CA: Raiders, A's, Warriors
  • JunglebirdJunglebird Posts: 9,741Free

being a fan of boxing you are a pro at calling thrown fights and set ups
    FEB. 2010
    Anderson Silva: Proof that you dont need PEDs to be the GOAT.
  • MangasmMangasm Posts: 6,043Free
    Forrest was going to lose anyways, the xanax is just a sad side note. The guy seems kinda depressed
    The internet tells me that that's called love, I'm on the internet cuz I'm an Internet thug.

Sigbet record: 99999-0. Blee dat
  • sobercorruptsobercorrupt Sobercorrupt Posts: 25,780Moderator, Ultimate

possible reason why forrest griffin lost: anderson silva

/thread
    imageimageimageimageimage < -- click one

I am an idiot for thinking GSP could finish the P4P GOAT Nick Diaz within 5 rounds
  • ShannonRitch1p4pShannonRitch1p4p Posts: 9,946Free
    Anderson was on water for that fight, which is a PED.

being a fan of boxing you are a pro at calling thrown fights and set ups
    Correct, I'm used to seeing real punches.
  • zaksamezaksame Posts: 4,340Free
    NOPE he is the most over rated fighter the UFC has ever had,the only one that comes close is his cohort in that same fight,>>>Bonnar.
    When you throw two cans into a ring versus each other,of course you might get some action,it does NOT make either one a "good" fighter.

I wouldn't doubt Forrest was told that drug might help limit the lactic acid buildup,and the cramping,no matter,he took it for a reason,he wanted and NEEDED an edge.
    The LAST thing anyone with common sense would do right before a fight is start popping drugs.However i do know many from the old days would pop speed/caffeine pills ,just dumb to even consider drugs.

I will break down Forrest.....
    1 striking =below average
    2 cardio= average
    3 grappling =below average
    4 mobility/athleticism=below average
    5 Intagibles =below average
    In other words he had no business ever being in the UFC,but i guess when you are in a very weak division,anything is possible,your bound to find other cans to fight.

Forrest is a sort of interesting funny guy ,he should have picked a different profession.,comedy,writer ect ect.

Gina Miesha Kyra ...yes please.
    zaksame said:

NOPE he is the most over rated fighter the UFC has ever had,the only one that comes close is his cohort in that same fight,>>>Bonnar.
    When you throw two cans into a ring versus each other,of course you might get some action,it does NOT make either one a "good" fighter.

I wouldn't doubt Forrest was told that drug might help limit the lactic acid buildup,and the cramping,no matter,he took it for a reason,he wanted and NEEDED an edge.
    The LAST thing anyone with common sense would do right before a fight is start popping drugs.However i do know many from the old days would pop speed/caffeine pills ,just dumb to even consider drugs.

2 cardio= average
    In other words he had no business ever being in the UFC,but i guess when you are in a very weak division,anything is possible,your bound to find other cans to fight.

Forrest is a sort of interesting funny guy ,he should have picked a different profession.,comedy,writer ect ect.

I had heard that he took a broken arm over tapping. That shows heart. Maybe as he got older and wiser he changed.
  • KOOKORKKOOKORK Posts: 776Free
    zaksame said:

2 cardio= average

Your break down = Below average
    Your Troll rate = Way above average

It is not about win or lose, it is about heart. Leave all you have in the Octagon and you are a winner in my book.
    JDS, Machida,Sam stout,Bermudez, Dustin Kimura,Roger Huerta
  • Cole1186Cole1186 Posts: 3,717Free
    edited February 2013

if you didnt know Forrest griffin tested postive for Xanax in the post fight drug test against anderson,Xanax is taken for anxiety and panic disorders
    and the advesre side effects of Xanax are concentration problems, Drowsiness, dizziness, light headedness, fatigue, unsteadiness and impaired coordination, vertigo

shut the **** up
    Post edited by sobercorrupt on
  • SilentDogoodSilentDogood Posts: 237Free
    @zaksame
    yet he beat your favorite fighters rampage jackson and shogun rua
  • idrankyourbeeridrankyourbeer Sony: "We made VCRs too. Play in our world. Watch tv in theirs!"Posts: 21,121Free
    edited February 2013
    if i knew i had to fight anderson silva i would have to take all the drugs in the world in preperation for the **** kicking forthcoming to me.
    Post edited by idrankyourbeer on
    Just givin out the D
    Roy Nelson - Devouring the competition and pissing out excellence
    I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather. not screaming and yelling like the passengers in his car
  • TahuneTahune Posts: 1,874Free
    Is this thread just a poor attempt to start arguments on a public forum?

If I wanted to get bites on the "ole troll pole" and fire people up I'd create a generic post about Silva fighting cans or some ****.

Grover- Future LHW champ!
  • idrankyourbeeridrankyourbeer Sony: "We made VCRs too. Play in our world. Watch tv in theirs!"Posts: 21,121Free
    Brock p4p usually works good too
    Just givin out the D
    Roy Nelson - Devouring the competition and pissing out excellence
    I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather. not screaming and yelling like the passengers in his car
    Tahune said:

Is this thread just a poor attempt to start arguments on a public forum?

If I wanted to get bites on the "ole troll pole" and fire people up I'd create a generic post about Silva fighting cans or some ****.

Isn't that the purpose of the forum?
  • carnages41carnages41 Posts: 36,220Free
    or it could be that Forrest is a ****ing can
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last one to post wins- Winner
    UFC Forum Fight Camp- Winner
    UFC PREDICTIONS TOURNAMENT 5 - unofficial winner
  • SistiSisti Posts: 5,312Free
    A couple reasons that fight went the way it did

1. Anderson Silva really is that good...we've seen him dominate guys and we know one thing he is extremely good at is finishing very well. Look at Vitor, for example, he is another guy whose specialty is finishing quickly. In 11 UFC wins, Vitor finished 10 fights in the 1st and his WORST finish ever was a 2nd round TKO of Bisping. So Silva's specialty is finishing impressively and quickly, and the Forrest fight was a great example of how he finishes impressively

2. Forrest is a bit overrated. Forrest was only champ because of a controversial win over Rampage, which some people say he actually lost. We now know that Rampage is really not a top-tier fighter, and Forrest lost convincingly once he fought Rashad who is a much more legit fighter than Rampage

3. Forrest was nervous. Forrest had incredible heart and he had a lot to lose with the Silva fight. Forrest had an amazing reputation of standing up to anyone, and when someone has something to lose that is when they are the most nervous. Think about that for a minute. When a guy on a 8-fight losing streak enters the cage, the fear of a loss is not overwhelming to them because they already have a bad reputation and it won't change much. When a guy like Forrest steps into the cage with Silva, he has a lot to lose because everyone always talked about how he never backed up from a fight and how he has more heart than any other fighter. He panicked and took xanax and was definitely nervous...he made a decision after Silva hit him to not keep fighting forward, and in the heat of the moment, we all have made stupid decisions at some point in our life. These guys are human like anyone else and have fear that sometimes come over them. I'm sure it's easy for us to sit here and say we would never get nervous, but I'm sure if we were like Forrest with that much to lose and were about to fight Silva, we might get nervous and fight stupid too.

The reason Silva is doing so much better in the UFC than in PRIDE is because a lot of fighters lose before they even fight. Chael did so well because he was the only guy who actually stood up to Silva and didn't psych himself out.
  • najmanajma Posts: 2,022Free
    rtwil2007 said:

Irrelevant to the topic at hand.

• horrorfan663horrorfan663 Posts: 767Free

Forrest Griffin defeated Forrest Griffin that night

since he lost the belt, it crushed him mentally. He resorted to drug abuse and thus, lost the "way of the samurai" mentality.
    I truly believe that a Forrest Griffin who believes in himself can still be a top contender. I would love for nothing more than to see Forrest get his **** back together. 2007/2008 were the best years of his fighting career and he just needs to go back and find his inner strength again.
    Silva. idk how i feel about Silva. I feel like anything he had going for him coming into the UFC was ripped away when Cain pulled that drive by on him back at 146. Poor guy never even saw the Astro Van coming.....
  • sobercorruptsobercorrupt Sobercorrupt Posts: 25,780Moderator, Ultimate
    LOL ... Xanax has a pretty **** short halflife ... he must have taken quite a bit for it to still affect his in-cage performance if he took it the night before.
    imageimageimageimageimage < -- click one

I am an idiot for thinking GSP could finish the P4P GOAT Nick Diaz within 5 rounds
  • SistiSisti Posts: 5,312Free
    edited February 2013

since he lost the belt, it crushed him mentally. He resorted to drug abuse and thus, lost the "way of the samurai" mentality.
    I truly believe that a Forrest Griffin who believes in himself can still be a top contender. I would love for nothing more than to see Forrest get his **** back together. 2007/2008 were the best years of his fighting career and he just needs to go back and find his inner strength again.
    kinda sad to see all the heroes and fan favorites go down the way they do. the problem is that MMA was so new that every few years the new guys much outclass the old. Liddell, Forrest, even GSP because of the over-emphasis on his safe fighting, etc. all kind of lost their glory they once had. Fedor is the only guy who was able to somewhat get his rep back once it was busted by stringing together 3 decisive wins before he retired.

i would love to see forrest start making a run at a title again, and i think he just needs to put the silva fight behind him and look forward
    Post edited by Sisti on
  • horrorfan663horrorfan663 Posts: 767Free
    Sisti said:

kinda sad to see all the heroes and fan favorites go down the way they do. the problem is that MMA was so new that every few years the new guys much outclass the old. Liddell, Forrest, even GSP because of the over-emphasis on his safe fighting, etc. all kind of lost their glory they once had. Fedor is the only guy who was able to somewhat get his rep back once it was busted by stringing together 3 decisive wins before he retired.

i would love to see forrest start making a run at a title again, and i think he just needs to put the silva fight behind him and look forward
    Yea definitely, Forrest looked impressive in his win against Rich Franklin, even though he didn't do too much damage he implemented a Gameplan and stuck with it to get the win. Would love to see Forrest Griffin fight Matt Hamill or Lil Nog next
    Silva. idk how i feel about Silva. I feel like anything he had going for him coming into the UFC was ripped away when Cain pulled that drive by on him back at 146. Poor guy never even saw the Astro Van coming.....
  • najmanajma Posts: 2,022Free
    najma said:

rtwil2007 said:

Irrelevant to the topic at hand.

OMG, some moron disagreed with me.

Anderson being better than Forrest explains why he beat him, but it DOES NOT explain why he beat him "THE WAY HE DID". And THIS IS the point of the discussion.
    Think, kids, think.

• ThePack19ThePack19 Posts: 1,976Free
    I can kind of see it play out like that. Seriously........Anderson threw itty bitty jabs at Griffin and he fell three times, all from itty bitty jabs.....really?!? We know Griffin has taken much harder shots than that. Now........I still believe Anderson would have still beaten him anyways.
  • UDONNOUDONNO Posts: 451Free
    He lost that way because Anderson BEAT the CRAP out of him, and is a different class of fighter than Forrest.....no other reason.
  • StompGrindStompGrind Posts: 21,178Free
    arachnophobia and being out of his league.