Nate Marquardt vs Jake Ellenberger @ UFC 158

megamanmegaman Posts: 5,281Free
edited February 2013 in UFC
Why not Saffiedine or Woodley or even Maia?

Why put him against a guy who's coming off a loss?

http://sportv.globo.com/site/eventos/combate/noticia/2013/02/nate-marquardt-e-o-novo-adversario-de-jake-ellenberger-no-ufc-158.html
Post edited by megaman on

Tagged:

Comments

• I like it but I think Woodley should get the fight because he asked for it even before Rory got hurt :|
  • PunchBagPunchBag Posts: 7,862Free
    edited February 2013
    maybe woodley was offered it but changed his mind?

i see nate finishing ellenberger
    Post edited by PunchBag on
    "Believe in the beard"
    I bet against THE KING and he smashed my little gonads into oblivion

• ShannonRitch1p4pShannonRitch1p4p Posts: 10,084Free
    Happy i get to see MMA's second biggest cheat KO'd live.
  • Cole1186Cole1186 Posts: 3,766Free
    Not a bad fight,I got Jake the tank for this one. it will be more exciting then Woodley that's for dam sure! ( unless Woodley turned into an exciting fighter since joining the UFC!??!?).
  • TheOvereemTheOvereem Posts: 8,997Free
    I like these fights more than the original matchups..

Saffiedine turned down the fight with Condit and they already have a fight for Woodley which isn't finalised yet

Overeem - Shogun - Mousasi - Manuwa - Bisping - Manhoef - Watson - Daley - Hardy - B.Henderson - McGregor - Pickett

Train by day, Joe Rogan Podcast by night, all day!

I am an idiot for thinking GSP could finish the P4P GOAT Nick Diaz within 5 rounds

• TheUnicornTheUnicorn Posts: 493Free
    Cole1186 said:

Not a bad fight,I got Jake the tank for this one. it will be more exciting then Woodley that's for dam sure! ( unless Woodley turned into an exciting fighter since joining the UFC!??!?).

looked exciting to me vs Heieron
    HW- Pat Barry

LHW- Maldonado, Diabate

MW- Chris Leben, Vitor

WW- Nick Diaz

LW- Nate Diaz, Varner

FW- Bart P

BW- Eddie Wineland

Flyweight- Louis Gaudinot

Sigbet record 2-1
  • zaksamezaksame Posts: 4,342Free
    Ya Nate has become much less relevant since being caught and losing,it makes no sense for Ellenberger to take this fight.If Jake loses this fight,he will be knocked a long way down the ladder and i assume his goal is to get a title shot.

The sad part is these guys are probably signing the dotted lines on BS contracts that are more like confinement and control than an actual contract.The UFC doesn't care about Jake's future nor the integrity of the sport,they just want to fill in holes to make sure their card is in tact and ready to go.
    They have really tossed Jake around,i mean he beats Shield's [great fighter]and Diego,then gets tossed Martin,who imo is just an average fighter,then Heiron who is not even an average fighter.So i guess judging by the last two they gave him,the UFC does not think highly of Jake,so this is his chance to move back up the ladder versus another non relevant fighter.

I guess in a way it is a good stylistic fight,Hendrick's can hit hard and Nate can as well,although Nate's arm swings are slower and telegraphed.
    Problem is ,steroid arms Nate i think is going to be a tad too much for Jake,this means Jake will be down fighting guys like Story who could also beat him.I think Jake is in a real bad position,if he does not win this fight,i see several losses coming.Another up n comer is Jordan Mein,i think he would defeat Jake as well.
    Gina Miesha Kyra ...yes please.
  • PunchBagPunchBag Posts: 7,862Free
    jake almost lost to sanchez, i can see nate koing ellenberger
    "Believe in the beard"
    I bet against THE KING and he smashed my little gonads into oblivion

• JDS_over_REEMJDS_over_REEM <This.Posts: 3,285Free
    edited February 2013

I like these fights more than the original matchups..

Saffiedine turned down the fight with Condit and they already have a fight for Woodley which isn't finalised yet

Yup, Saffiedine said "the cons outweighed the pros" for fighting Condit on short notice. Woodley did in fact offer to fight Ellenberger or Condit but didn't get it, probably because he asked Dana for it personally. #Politics.

Post edited by JDS_over_REEM on
    This^

thank you @Tiger_Champion for the JoR tags.
  • JohnnyZadarJohnnyZadar Posts: 8,938Free
    i can see Nate finishing Jake
  • NyteRyderNyteRyder Posts: 9,466Free
    edited February 2013
    I kinda prefer these fights over the original ones.

More excited for Condit/Hendricks than Condit/Rory 2. I'm sick of damn rematches.

Marquardt/Ellenberger is a good fight. I think Ellenberger takes it.
    Post edited by NyteRyder on
    2013 Predictions League: 231-142
    Forum Etiquette Guide
    The Questions Thread