How much longer is Cruz injured for?

i_run_thisi_run_this Posts: 19,363Free
Barao cannot wait for ever.... Like Jeez just strip him of the belt already....

no troll, GSP only had one injury Cruz is Injured AGAIN...

UFC Prediction Tournament 5 Champion

Tagged:

Comments

• 6 months until he fights, at least
  • JunglebirdJunglebird Posts: 9,741Free
    Barao is the real champ as far as im concerned.

He beat Faber more decisively and finished Macdonald, who is a beast and a tougher challenge than Mightymouse at 135
    FEB. 2010
    Anderson Silva: Proof that you dont need PEDs to be the GOAT.
  • zaksamezaksame Posts: 4,342Free
    Unless Cruz goes to Brasil and figures out ,how every single Brasil fighter looks bigger than his opponent,he will not beat Barao.Really sad what this sport has come down to.I will be cheering for Cruz when he comes back,but i don't expect him to have much of a chance.
    Unfortunately this sport is going to have injuries,nothing anyone can do.
    If people remember Couture left for a year over money and the UFC still acknowledged him as the Champion.This is relevant because once the UFC starts stripping belts,it loses a lot of integrity,it basically makes a belt an irrelevant point.I know as an athlete in ANY sport and i have played many,i would not feel comfortable nor satisfied either being given a belt or defeating a fighter ,i knew was not at his best.
    Gina Miesha Kyra ...yes please.
  • AnsemAnsem Posts: 3,836Free
    Cruz is champ as long as he's injured when hes back he's gonna be another former champ who wont ever get his title back.

| Machida - JDS - Penn - Belfort - Nurmagomedov - Texiera |

“I make my own odds. I make my own atmosphere.” - Vitor Belfort

"Sixty G's babyyy! haha yeah!" - Conor Mcgregoat

• sdboltzsdboltz Posts: 733Free
    Who cares Cruz is a boring point fighter.
    Sig bet record 18-4

Team REEM!!!
  • SkyMonk89SkyMonk89 Posts: 239Free
    edited February 2013
    Cruz is still the real bantamweight champ.. Yeah, he hasn't fought forever I know! Dang, His last fight was when UFC still had a deal with VERSUS! lol. People, especially other bantamweight fighters underestimate Cruz' game.. They say they're gonna knock him out, and Cruz has always trained for the opponent trying to head hunt him down, and if you are a true mma fight fan, enthusiast, what have you, you have to appreciate his two styles.. He can fight longer than most people before he slows down, (although mighty mouse moved in on him pretty well) but even that fight proved that he has multiple ways to put your back on the mat.. He is probably the most accurate, and consistent takedown wrestler, next to GSP & Jones, you have to give in to that fact... All his fights, sure he wins by accumulative strikes, and usually 10 to 0 takedowns, so when it (always does) goes to 5 rounds, he wins basically no matter what by default.. All the judges see everything he does, and you can be a critic about his footwor and movement, but at least its more high paced than (Machida, whom I enjoy as well).. if every fighter could fight like Cruz, they would, and not get beat as often.. sure hes a bantamweight, a lot of lighter fighters are not really consistent with power, I understand MCdonald and Bowles are powerful bantamweights, but you gotta rag on the heavier fighters who cannot even tko or submit fighters at welterweight or even middleweight, etc, before you hassle lighter weight class fighters... At least there somewhat is an excuse for not always finishing fights as often as say, a friggin heavyweight.. people who cant appreciate the technical fast-paced well-rounded of bantamweight feather or fly weights are probably too many baconators into there fat awful non-workout lives..Anyways, he has the best timing in all aspects of fighting, if he wants to, just to be safe, and so he doesnt possibly pull a (Browne vs Bigfoot) and hurt his leg during the bout.. he probably could (and should, like Velasquez On JDS) Takedown Barao Constantly over and over, sure defend crazy submissions off barao's back, but eventually tire him out and break him mentally.. Realistically this is what he'll do.. His only loss was by Guillotine choke, so most of his career, he has trained in excellent submission defense, so he will never, (at least be choked out ever again).. Now if Barao went for a leg, or arm, might be another story, I dont see Cruz getting caught by knees or kicks like Barao did to McDonald..... I liked mcDonald to upset Barao... But knew that Barao is a much better fight, for Cruz to win against, even though mcDonald is more predictable, I think Barao is less explosive and slower, and less dangerous, but well-rounded... I'm Spent!!! Plus Cruz has been able to sit and dissect every one of his fights. So he knows everything Barao will do.. Plus I believe most fans expect him to lose, cruz always knows he will be underdog, so I think he has nothing to lose.. Even if Cruz loses, he will still make an easy run back for the title, if he wins, he will get respect and silence naysayers, even if he wins a point fight.. However I think Cruz is finally for the first time in a while prob not since early in WEC, gonna stand in the pocket, and box the shizz outta Barao, it will be jabs, straights,uppercuts, hooks, coming from everywhere, and he's gonna finally get his first TKO in forever.. If Cruz gets rocked and put away, people will find respect for him cuz he'll go down valiantly as a champ should.. He'll give the fans what they want... A dog fight

Post edited by SkyMonk89 on
  • GoToGuyGoToGuy Posts: 5,361Free
    They should have stripped him of the title by now, geez. They did it to Mir when he got injured and they upgraded AA to full champ. He has been out WAY to long. Baroa is the real champ to me. He will unify the title when Cruz returns.

• WarWestWarWest Órale VatoPosts: 33,824Free
    Honestly I don't think he will ever be the same
    The Cal Ripken Of GSP hatin'
    Arch Bishop Of Anti-GSP
    The Stockton Hater
    209's So Fine
    edited February 2013
    Yeah, I would hate it if cruz has to retire after his next fight or so.. He's one of the more unique fighters out there, pure style alone.. But ya gotta think all that footwork and changing angles had to hurt him at some point.. He never fought like that until after he lossedto Faber way back when.. Barao is a good champ, I guess, but there are too many brazilians who fight like him, he's just a weaker, Aldo, barboza clone.. Who built up his record like they do in boxing.. Maybe cruz won't even use footwork for this fight... I had a dream he wore 2 knee braces or wraps or whatever, and won by just straight wrestling hahaha.
  • jdukjduk Posts: 8,293Free
    his injuries have been pretty severe, but they're hoping to have Barao vs Cruz this summer
  • Frontline_RioterFrontline_Rioter Posts: 2,531Free
    Kangaroo Cruz is done. He's the Demetrius Johnson of the bantamweight division. Without all that movement he's going to get chin checked.
  • sdboltzsdboltz Posts: 733Free
    SkyMonk89 said:

Yeah, I would hate it if cruz has to retire after his next fight or so.. He's one of the more unique fighters out there, pure style alone.. But ya gotta think all that footwork and changing angles had to hurt him at some point.. He never fought like that until after he lossedto Faber way back when.. Barao is a good champ, I guess, but there are too many brazilians who fight like him, he's just a weaker, Aldo, barboza clone.. Who built up his record like they do in boxing.. Maybe cruz won't even use footwork for this fight... I had a dream he wore 2 knee braces or wraps or whatever, and won by just straight wrestling hahaha.

And then you woke up all wet huh.
    Sig bet record 18-4

Team REEM!!!
  • JunglebirdJunglebird Posts: 9,741Free
    Barao is legit.
    FEB. 2010
    Anderson Silva: Proof that you dont need PEDs to be the GOAT.
    edited February 2013
    sdboltz said:

SkyMonk89 said:

And then you woke up all wet huh.
    Yeah, I woke up & had to rehydrate before I came on your mother's chest.

You're a little C-Word Punka$$

How's Alistair working for ya?

• MetatronBJJMetatronBJJ Posts: 1,245Free
    his last fight was october 1st, 2011...wow
    I don't want to knock him out. I want to hurt him. If I knock him down, I'll stand back, give him a chance to breathe. It's his heart I want. - Smokin Joe Frazier
  • GSP_over_SilvaGSP_over_Silva Posts: 12,185Free
    Bãrao is legit, but I'll be rooting for Cruz.
    Believe in Beard
  • Dark_HorseDark_Horse Posts: 2,035Free
    Folk should be stripped of the title if they don't defend it after a year.
    Happy in his folly, the fool embraces the Devil.