Anthony Perosh on Jimmo, next fight and Frankie Edgar

MMALivesHereMMALivesHere Posts: 80Free
edited February 2013 in UFC
Australian light heavyweight Anthony Perosh (13-7) is expecting the UFC to book his next fight for April or May. Perosh hasn't fought since July last year, when he was knocked out by Canadian Ryan Jimmo (17-2) in seven seconds. The loss snapped a three-fight winning streak for the 40-year-old since his drop back down to light heavyweight. Victories over Tom Blackledge (10-7), Cyrille Diabaté (19-9) and Nick Penner (11-3) had left the Sydney-sider within a couple of wins of the top 10. The third degree Brazilian jiu-jitsu black belt said while Jimmo was obviously a promising fighter, James Te Huna (16-5) had exposed a weak link at UFC on Fuel TV 7 - cardio. He said in the first round of the fight, Te Huna appeared to get knocked out then knocked back into consciousness, before physically overwhelming the Canadian for the rest of the fight. He also had a few words to say about former lightweight champion Frankie Edgar (15-4).

"The way it’s matched up is now that I’m coming off one loss, I’ll be fighting someone who’s coming off one loss. That’s kind of how it works. As soon as you lose, you get put into what’s called a loss column - you fight someone coming off one loss, two losses. When you win, you get put into the win column ... (Frankie Edgar) is a former world champion, you know, he can do what he wants. I would have booked (Aldo vs Edgar) too. Speaking of Frankie, he just needs to do something to win. He moves around a lot, but he needs to go for something ... Every judge can’t be against him, it’s just the way he fights. The problem is, he’s hard to finish so people can’t knock him out but then he can’t get enough scoring shots."

From MMA Lives Here
Post edited by MMALivesHere on
Tagged: