What do you think of UFC 160 so far?

BigMike74BigMike74 Posts: 99Free
Cain vs Bigfoot 2
JDS vs Overeem
Bader vs Glover
Cerrone vs Noons

Me and my roommate are trying to go to a fight this summer. We love the JDS vs Overeem matchup and like Bader vs Glover, however I am not a big fan of the main event. I don't give Bigfoot much of a chance in this one. My reasons are 1. What happened last time they fought. 2. Cain won't drop his hands and has a much better chin than Overeem... So, what do you guys think about this card so far, and does Bigfoot have more of a chance than I give him? Thanks!
Tagged:

Comments

• SistiSisti Posts: 5,314Free
    BigMike74 said:

Cain vs Bigfoot 2
    JDS vs Overeem
    Bader vs Glover
    Cerrone vs Noons

Me and my roommate are trying to go to a fight this summer. We love the JDS vs Overeem matchup and like Bader vs Glover, however I am not a big fan of the main event. I don't give Bigfoot much of a chance in this one. My reasons are 1. What happened last time they fought. 2. Cain won't drop his hands and has a much better chin than Overeem... So, what do you guys think about this card so far, and does Bigfoot have more of a chance than I give him? Thanks!

honestly, the JDS vs. Overeem fight is hands-down one of the best fights possible in the ufc. it's amazing that this didn't make the main event, but keep in mind that mma fans have short attention spans so this one is only available outside of a main event because of their last fights. make no mistake tho, these 2 are DEFINITELY 2 of the best fighters on the planet and both could very reasonably beat cain. that along with the interesting matchup of bader/glover and a HW title match make this a pretty decent card to see
  • Shaq73Shaq73 Posts: 3Ultimate
    Totally agree, hopefully overeem has learnt his lesson and will come to fight and respect his opponent otherwise JDS will make shorter work of him, could be a real slug fest.

Trying to buy presale tickets for this, Im in Perth Australia so big gtime difference, but cant see it being on yet? is it just me or is the presale on now??
  • RodrigoRuaRodrigoRua Posts: 2,422Free
    I would pay 50 bucks just to see these 4 fights and be happy !!!
  • Shaq73Shaq73 Posts: 3Ultimate
    hahaha in all my excitement half way around the world all i saw was the presale on the 20th, for the may 25th, couldnt belive my luck 160 is on in Vegas when im there! got up early here as a 16hr time difference, only to be shown by my girl that its next month on the 20th hhahahaha!! wont live this down for a while :)) !!
  • TheOvereemTheOvereem Posts: 8,997Free
    edited February 2013
    BigMike74 said:

Cain vs Bigfoot 2
    JDS vs Overeem
    Bader vs Glover
    Cerrone vs Noons

Never underestimate Bigfoot! I should know loooool
    Post edited by TheOvereem on

Overeem - Shogun - Mousasi - Manuwa - Bisping - Manhoef - Watson - Daley - Hardy - B.Henderson - McGregor - Pickett

Train by day, Joe Rogan Podcast by night, all day!

I am an idiot for thinking GSP could finish the P4P GOAT Nick Diaz within 5 rounds

• GSP_over_SilvaGSP_over_Silva Posts: 12,185Free
    Good card, but I feel it's too predictable.
    Believe in Beard
  • Yesterdays_HeroYesterdays_Hero Posts: 23,665Free
    Bader vs Glover is the most interesting fight... that's not a good thing
  • NyteRyderNyteRyder Posts: 9,472Free
    And Maynard vs Grant now.

JDS vs Overeem is cool.
    Cain will demolish Bigfoot again.
    Bader vs Glover....Glover will destroy after Bader fails to take him down and realized he's gonna get KO'd.
    Maynard vs Grant will be good!! Grant is a beast, don't underestimate him.
    Cerrone vs Noons is good. Cerrone is always fun to watch, despite his last fight, he'll come to fight Noons and it'll be good.
    2013 Predictions League: 231-142
    Forum Etiquette Guide
    The Questions Thread
  • wanderleisilva101wanderleisilva101 Posts: 9,439Free
    NyteRyder said:

And Maynard vs Grant now.

JDS vs Overeem is cool.
    Cain will demolish Bigfoot again.
    Bader vs Glover....Glover will destroy after Bader fails to take him down and realized he's gonna get KO'd.
    Maynard vs Grant will be good!! Grant is a beast, don't underestimate him.
    Cerrone vs Noons is good. Cerrone is always fun to watch, despite his last fight, he'll come to fight Noons and it'll be good.

Don't forget Khabib vs Abel Trujillo also man I can't wait for this!
    Bet Record- 76-43

UFC Survivor series tournament 1 winner

It's so cool that my partnership with my best friend and lover Antawn can be recognized as a marriage! DOMA is unconstitutional!

image image
  • JDS_over_REEMJDS_over_REEM <This.Posts: 3,285Free
    If you don't like this card then **** you.
    This^

thank you @Tiger_Champion for the JoR tags.
  • TahuneTahune Posts: 1,894Free
    We will see a different Overeem I reckon-but having said that we are going to see a different JDS. I like the Glover fight the best. Cain v Bigfoot is a bit "meh".
    But remember what happens when you count him out too quickly ;)
    Grover- Future LHW champ!
  • button_manbutton_man Posts: 1,950Free
    it looks good.
    i got cain,reem,bader and cowboy.
  • zaksamezaksame Posts: 4,342Free
    Cerrone -Noons will be FOTN,easily the most exciting fight on that card.
    JDS -Reem will be good for one round ,then the large muscled Reem gets tired and JDS with his superior speed and cardio takes over.
    Cain will crush Bigfoot as long as he doesn't get a brain cramp and think he is a boxer striker,like he did first JDS fight.
    ZERO interest in any Bader fight,that is go to the fridge time or surf NHL games.

I am actually stoked to watch Noons fight,he is what Dana keeps asking for,exciting fighters who like to bang.Dana has no business spewing his mouth about wanting fighters to fight if he turns around and releases them when they lose.

Certain guys like Hominick and Noons,Dos Anjos,Eddie Yagin, are game to fight each and every time,you can't release guys like them,they bring the action.A guy like Badar could go 50-0 and i still couldn't care less to watch a fight of his.

Overall it is a good card,Saddolah-Thompson should be a good fight as well.I am surprised the UFC would put a card like that on,seems to be a tad over budget,perhaps some fake injuries coming after they get the pre ticket sales.
    Gina Miesha Kyra ...yes please.
  • trez1336trez1336 Posts: 647Free
    Im excited for this card, huge Overeem fan so I hope he gets back on track and doesn't fight lazy/stupid again,, the main event is ok but not great,, bader and glover should be interesting and im excited to see abel trujillo agian, should be a good ppv
    text
  • GoToGuyGoToGuy Posts: 5,362Free
    Looks good. So long as no injuries happen.

• SteelerNation43SteelerNation43 Posts: 12,700Free
    TJ Grant vs Maynard

and

Villefort vs Nurmgamadeovovoevv

added to UFC 160 too...

SHaping up to be card of the year!!! Stoked.
  • wanderleisilva101wanderleisilva101 Posts: 9,439Free

TJ Grant vs Maynard

and

added to UFC 160 too...

Villefort is on this weekends card I think, Trujillo is fighting Nurmagdemov.
    Bet Record- 76-43

UFC Survivor series tournament 1 winner

It's so cool that my partnership with my best friend and lover Antawn can be recognized as a marriage! DOMA is unconstitutional!

image image
  • SteelerNation43SteelerNation43 Posts: 12,700Free
    edited February 2013

TJ Grant vs Maynard

and

added to UFC 160 too...

Villefort is on this weekends card I think, Trujillo is fighting Nurmagdemov.
    your right, just mixed up the names lol. I guess it was the double Ls
    Post edited by SteelerNation43 on
  • _TUF1__TUF1_ Posts: 8,343Free
    pretty gotten to about this match up right now. Whitakker is such a promising/exciting prospect and their feeding him to Colton Fitch before he has a chance to develop. Both coming off winning the ultimate fighter too. Doesn't make any sense. :(

imageimage

• WarWestWarWest Órale VatoPosts: 33,860Free
    I likey

I likey a lot
    The Cal Ripken Of GSP hatin'
    Arch Bishop Of Anti-GSP
    The Stockton Hater
    209's So Fine
  • PunchBagPunchBag Posts: 7,869Free
    so many exciting matchups, most of the main card is predictable though
    "Believe in the beard"
    I bet against THE KING and he smashed my little gonads into oblivion

• Beloved89Beloved89 Posts: 215Free
    Damn good card!
    WAR CIGANO!!

Cain is far superior to Big Foot, and so is Spartacus_ to me. I should not bet against the undefeated GOAT poster.
  • TinychatBtarrdzTinychatBtarrdz Posts: 451Free
    Sisti said:

BigMike74 said:

Cain vs Bigfoot 2
    JDS vs Overeem
    Bader vs Glover
    Cerrone vs Noons

honestly, the JDS vs. Overeem fight is hands-down one of the best fights possible in the ufc. it's amazing that this didn't make the main event, but keep in mind that mma fans have short attention spans so this one is only available outside of a main event because of their last fights. make no mistake tho, these 2 are DEFINITELY 2 of the best fighters on the planet and both could very reasonably beat cain. that along with the interesting matchup of bader/glover and a HW title match make this a pretty decent card to see
    Honestly when was the last time Overeem won a fight without exogenous testosterone? He is terrible and has to cheat to win.

text
  • GSP_over_SilvaGSP_over_Silva Posts: 12,185Free

TJ Grant vs Maynard

and

added to UFC 160 too...

Of the year? Bit of a stretch.
    Believe in Beard
  • cruz2990cruz2990 MexicoPosts: 8,119Free
    BigMike74 said:

Cain vs Bigfoot 2
    JDS vs Overeem
    Bader vs Glover
    Cerrone vs Noons

That's a sick card go at all costs......
    __________________________________________________________________________________________
    Sigbet record: 50 - 4

• DarksjeikDarksjeik Posts: 2,245Free
    Awesome card, JDS vs a refocused Reem with something to prove is crazy exciting !

• carnages41carnages41 Posts: 36,414Free
    Darksjeik said:

Awesome card, JDS vs a refocused Reem with something to prove is crazy exciting !

nice sig
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last one to post wins- Winner
    UFC Forum Fight Camp- Winner
    UFC PREDICTIONS TOURNAMENT 5 - unofficial winner
  • Yesterdays_HeroYesterdays_Hero Posts: 23,665Free
    _TUF1_ said:

pretty gotten to about this match up right now. Whitakker is such a promising/exciting prospect and their feeding him to Colton Fitch before he has a chance to develop. Both coming off winning the ultimate fighter too. Doesn't make any sense. :(

imageimage

Yeah that's a BS match up. Whittaker needs time before they give him a decent LnPer.