Ronda Rousey on Cyborg's next fight: "It's not going to prove anything."

Nos5Nos5 Posts: 2Free
Can someone please explain to me why Rousey is still talking crap about Cyborg after she refused to go up 5 pounds to meet her at a catch weight? And then her Mom weighs in too? Just drop it already and focus on your next fight.

I hope Carmouche puts in on her Saturday.

link - http://fiveknuckles.com/mma-news/Ronda-Rousey-on-Cyborgs-next-fight-Its-not-going-to-prove-anything.html"
Tagged:

Comments

• JDS_over_REEMJDS_over_REEM <This.Posts: 3,285Free
    Im sure Lez would love to put something in Ronda.
    This^

thank you @Tiger_Champion for the JoR tags.
  • GobboGobbo Posts: 1,371Free
    Really hope Rousey loses, she is talented but I find it really hard to like anything about her.
  • Frontline_RioterFrontline_Rioter Posts: 2,527Free
    Well she has a point. Cyborg's next fight will not prove anything. She's going against the girl that Rousey fought in her pro debut and Ronda took her arm in 25 seconds. Cyborg would have to be a crazy favorite. 15 or even 20 to 1.
  • wanderleisilva101wanderleisilva101 Posts: 9,331Free
    women just love to **** about each other. unfortunately this fight ain't gonna happen right now but maybe Cyborg will comeback after a few warn up fights who knows.

I like Rousey but if she did turn down the catchweight fight she shouldn't be bitching about this she had a chance to make the fight happen atleast. Also that was the only real relevant fight for the title imo, her beating Lez is expected so you could argue her fight doesn't prove anything Tate was a bigger name.
    Bet Record- 76-43

UFC Survivor series tournament 1 winner

It's so cool that my partnership with my best friend and lover Antawn can be recognized as a marriage! DOMA is unconstitutional!

image image
  • Frontline_RioterFrontline_Rioter Posts: 2,527Free
    How do you fight for a the only women's championship belt in a catchweight bout? Cyborg is not special. She's a roided out freak and if she can't make the 135 weightclass (only one in the promotion) she can **** off. Dana was going to not only going let her but also pay her to fight at 145 in Invicta while also paying Mike Dolce to get her down to 135 in a healthy manner.

If she says she can't make 135 how could you trust her to show up at 140? Cyborg is thinking 140 catchweight non title fight so she only has to make 141. If she missed the 141 mark and couldn't get any lower Rousey should refuse the fight because 20% of Cyborg's pathetic purse wouldn't be worth it to basically fight her at 145.

Make the weight or beat up cans in Invicta. Cyborg went with beating up cans... it is what is.
  • wanderleisilva101wanderleisilva101 Posts: 9,331Free
    I didn't say it should have been for the title that fight without a title on the line would sell more than the fight she has now no question, if she wanted the fight so bad she had a chance to make it happen if the catchweight rumors are true that is.

Also people should cut the Dolce bs who has he really helped if cutting a certain amount of weight affects a fighters performance they aren't going to want to do it the fighters no their bodies we don't.
    Bet Record- 76-43

UFC Survivor series tournament 1 winner

It's so cool that my partnership with my best friend and lover Antawn can be recognized as a marriage! DOMA is unconstitutional!

image image
  • GobboGobbo Posts: 1,371Free

How do you fight for a the only women's championship belt in a catchweight bout? Cyborg is not special. She's a roided out freak and if she can't make the 135 weightclass (only one in the promotion) she can **** off. Dana was going to not only going let her but also pay her to fight at 145 in Invicta while also paying Mike Dolce to get her down to 135 in a healthy manner.

If she says she can't make 135 how could you trust her to show up at 140? Cyborg is thinking 140 catchweight non title fight so she only has to make 141. If she missed the 141 mark and couldn't get any lower Rousey should refuse the fight because 20% of Cyborg's pathetic purse wouldn't be worth it to basically fight her at 145.

Make the weight or beat up cans in Invicta. Cyborg went with beating up cans... it is what is.

How exactly is it beating up cans, when they have had longer to establish talent? Where is the other organization of elite women hiding that I don't know about?

Rousey is just beaking off as she likes the sound of her own voice, she doesn't want any part of Cyborg.
  • jdukjduk Posts: 8,284Free
    Ronda knows Cyborg is much bigger than her, a catchweight does her no favours
  • zaksamezaksame Posts: 4,340Free
    Rousey is trying her weak attempt at turning the tables.What she is saying is a actually true of her and she knows it,that is why she is trying so hard to maker herself more relevant.
    Btw the catch weight has nothing to o with it,the weak UFC only has one division and doesn't want to override their only division with a meaningless fight.There is no belt involved with a catch weight,so then the division gets tied up for the other women who want a shot.The weight is really a joke,Rhonda can easily move up,that is actually her normal fight weight,her 135 is just cheating the system even more.

Rhonda made her decision to sell out to the UFC,so now she has to live with not getting her chance at the accepted best women's fighter in mma.If she really wanted to prove herself she could have waited for one fight and take on Cyborg,but she leaped at the UFC's offer.
    Gina Miesha Kyra ...yes please.
  • AnsemAnsem Posts: 3,836Free
    Ronda's fight against Carmouche isnt gonna prove much either.

| Machida - JDS - Penn - Belfort - Nurmagomedov - Texiera |

“I make my own odds. I make my own atmosphere.” - Vitor Belfort

"Sixty G's babyyy! haha yeah!" - Conor Mcgregoat

• fourthnorsemanfourthnorseman Posts: 4,244Free
    Ansem said:

Ronda's fight against Carmouche isnt gonna prove much either.

This ^

Rousey is sounding like a hypocrite
  • georgelebrungeorgelebrun Posts: 1,665Free
    lol Rousey's next fight isn't going to prove anything either
    The Diaz Brothers - The Sex - The Shogun Warrior - The H Bomb - The Reem - JDS - The Smooth One - The California Kid - The Korean Zombie - The Gangster from West Linn - The Count all FTW!!

Sig Bet record 3 - 0
  • BruteDionBruteDion Posts: 10,485Free
    Really not going to like WMMA if this is what we can expect to be happening between its stars

They don't want no part of eachother so let it go damn
    Sig record
    40-21

Owner Of Forum Souls: Bright508620 - MMAFAN001 - CRAZYNOONGAH

What do you get when you take A.Silva's clinch game + Mark Hunt's Iron Chin + Mushy Lady Parts?

A: Cat Zingano....the UFC's true #1 women's contender

< img src =photo BD2_zps23b2f3d9.jpg>
  • DerkJitsuDerkJitsu Posts: 150Free
    Ronda doesn't know when to shut her mouth...
  • RMFRMF Posts: 312Free
    Cyborg would smash Rousey. Rousey knows this, but she's got uncle Dana to protect her like a big brother in a school playground, so she's spouting off at the bigger and better fighter knowing that no matter what Dana wants no part of a fight between her and Cyborg. And neither does Rousey.