Report: Anderson Silva vs. Chris Weidman title fight being 'negotiated' for July 6 in Las Vegas

kameonrkameonr Posts: 158Ultimate
Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) Middleweight Champion Anderson Silva and his team are currently "negotiating" a 185-pound title defense against Chris Weidman, which would likely take place at the promotion's annual Fourth of July weekend extravaganza in Las Vegas, Nevada.

That's according to report from Tatame.com.

http://www.mmamania.com/2013/2/21/4013774/anderson-silva-vs-chris-weidman-title-fight-ufc-july-las-vegas-mma
Tagged:

Comments

• FroZeNFroZeN Posts: 4,762Free
    Weidbum gonna get smashed!
    OFFICIAL UFC FORUM BLACKBELT
  • WarWestWarWest Órale VatoPosts: 35,261Free
    Another easy title defense
    The Cal Ripken Of GSP hatin'
    Arch Bishop Of Anti-GSP
    The Stockton Hater
    209's So Fine
  • secondsoutsecondsout Posts: 504Free
    Stay positive, War, we got a title defense !! :D
    Tina Turner, secondsout, Steve Podborski, zaksame, Nate Diaz - when you are legit, people want you to quit

If trolling was easy it would be called MMA predictions.
  • wanderleisilva101wanderleisilva101 Posts: 10,246Free
    Weidman fans who said Silva is scared are gonna look real stupid when he beats him down within 2-3 rounds.

War Silva!!
    Bet Record- 76-43

UFC Survivor series tournament 1 winner
    image image
  • cruz2990cruz2990 MexicoPosts: 8,161Free
    Silva will KO this fool and if you think otherwise then you are a retard..... B-)
    __________________________________________________________________________________________
    Sigbet record: 50 - 4

• PunchBagPunchBag Posts: 8,498Free
    finally silva can put this to rest and focus on getting a super fight.
    "Believe in the beard"
    I bet against THE KING and he smashed my little gonads into oblivion

• georgelebrungeorgelebrun Posts: 1,675Free
    The only way I see Weidman winning is if he can constantly take Silva down and get a wrestler strength Arm Triangle.
    I think Silva may keep it standing, Muay Thai clinch and tko
    The Diaz Brothers - The Sex - The Shogun Warrior - The H Bomb - The Reem - JDS - The Smooth One - The California Kid - The Korean Zombie - The Gangster from West Linn - The Count all FTW!!

Sig Bet record 3 - 0
  • Eclipse76Eclipse76 Jimmie RustlerPosts: 1,443Free
    edited February 2013
    My understanding was this.. Dana White was planning to bring Anderon Silva to Calgary show this year to make up for the bad PPV last July (I was there.. I though the fights were good, mind you I was about 9-10 beers in... )

A recent radio interview had Dana saying he thought bringing in Anderson to Calgary for a title fight would help make up for the past event...

This is all heresay so far, but I would love to go to the Calgary show again if this were true. :)>-
    Post edited by Eclipse76 on
    Mirko(The Croatian Sensation) Cro-Cop (Favorite HW) Win or Lose !!

Rampage on the way back to the Title!!

Bas Rutten.. Greatest!! Nuff said. Fedor = G.O.A.T.
  • zaksamezaksame Posts: 4,390Free
    This looks to be the year that a couple long time champs will go down.I think GSP is due to lose just not to Diaz but soon after to either Maia or Hendrick's.Silva is finally after what 15+ fights,face a guy who is going to wrestle him,just amazing that he was able to avoid wrestlers for this long.Aldo is in the same boat,everyone tries to fight him in a kickboxing match,just retarded,wrestle him and you beat him.
    I just hope Weidman does the plain simple things right,keep hands high and don't wait too long to put Silva on his back.
    Gina Miesha Kyra ...yes please.
  • GSP_over_SilvaGSP_over_Silva Posts: 12,185Free
    RIP Weidman.
    Believe in Beard
  • ThePack19ThePack19 Posts: 2,065Free
    I said it about the JDS fans against Cain.....and I will say it to the A. Silva fans.......I will LMAO to all the slack jaws hitting the floor when Weidman finishes Silva!!! YES I said FINISHES, by submission!!!
  • How much CAS may be asking to accept fighting Weidman? 80% Of the profit from the event?
    My little brazilian candy, smack:
    text
  • RodrigoRuaRodrigoRua Posts: 2,422Free
    I will believe this fight will happen ONLY when they are both inside the cage with Bruce Buffer annoucing their names LOL ..

Why ?

Because Weidman is a legit tread for Anderson (coming from a Anderson fan .. not really a fan but hes from my country so whatever) and I doubt he will accept a fight with a "legit challenge" just like that !! Soares was even speculating a fight with Cung Lee .. go figure ...

Heres the deal, I think Anderson is kinda waiting to see what happen on GSP vs Diaz then take from there ..
  • I will believe this fight will happen ONLY when they are both inside the cage with Bruce Buffer annoucing their names LOL ..

Why ?

Because Weidman is a legit tread for Anderson (coming from a Anderson fan .. not really a fan but hes from my country so whatever) and I doubt he will accept a fight with a "legit challenge" just like that !! Soares was even speculating a fight with Cung Lee .. go figure ...

Heres the deal, I think Anderson is kinda waiting to see what happen on GSP vs Diaz then take from there ..

No, GSP would rather fight Hendricks or even Ellenberger, he already said he wants $50 million to fight AS. It will not happen, Zuffa doesn't want to open an precedent for paying to much and then all the fighters start to ask for more and more money to fight.

My little brazilian candy, smack:
    text
  • trez1336trez1336 Posts: 719Free
    another Silva challenger being hyped up to sell PPVs... yet people still buy this crap, I hear THIS THIS is the guy to bring down Silva almost every fight hes in... its not gonna happen, another easy win KO round 1-2
  • juice64011juice64011 Posts: 6,550Free
    edited February 2013
    trez1336 said:

another Silva challenger being hyped up to sell PPVs... yet people still buy this crap, I hear THIS THIS is the guy to bring down Silva almost every fight hes in... its not gonna happen, another easy win KO round 1-2

So should they just give Silva automatic wins because he is on a streak and a heavy favorite?
    Post edited by juice64011 on
    MMA Prediction Tournament 3 Champion

UFC Prediction Tournament 3 Champion

UFC Prediction Tournament 4 Champion

Official JP24 Prediction League (2012) Champion*

I won these prediction league titles against the canliest of cans. It turns out that cashflow is not one of those people.
  • RodrigoRuaRodrigoRua Posts: 2,422Free
    Whatever it is .. I think Weidman getting a shot at Anderson is JUST TOO EARLY, non sense at all .. makes me wonder IF Anderson really sees Weidman as a threat !! (refer to my previous reply on this tread). Anderson clearly accepts "certain" fight easier than others ...
  • edh1edh1 Posts: 1,011Free
    This is a crappy fight for Anderson, Weidman is a phenom of a wrestler,which could be Andersons weakness.When say crappy I mean theres no upside,he could get dryhumped by a superior wrestler for 5 rounds and lose.Or much much more likely,he will dominate the guy ,and because Weidman is not well known to casual fans ,people will say he was a bum anyways and will be criticised and will recieve no credit.IMO THE SPIDER SHOULD FIGHT MORE AT LHW AFTER THE NEXT TITLE DEFENCE.
  • megamanmegaman Posts: 5,318Free
    I hope Whineman gets brutally KO'd.

He's trying to fight Silva coming from a long lay-off and surgery his record is impressive, but he needs his mouth shut and Anderson will do just that.

• Homie^ColeHomie^Cole The Wrong Side of The BedPosts: 5,876Free
    Weidman struggled with Maia and had an impressive win over Munoz ( whom I think is terrible... just my opinion tho). He isn't ready for The Spider... Anderson will win and everyone will say Chris never beat anyone and was a bum all along. I tell the future... watch...
  • Yesterdays_HeroYesterdays_Hero Posts: 24,727Free
    Cole1186 said:

Weidman struggled with Maia and had an impressive win over Munoz ( whom I think is terrible... just my opinion tho). He isn't ready for The Spider... Anderson will win and everyone will say Chris never beat anyone and was a bum all along. I tell the future... watch...

He didn't struggle with Maia, he struggled with the 30lb weight cut he made on short notice.

It's stupid that they're doing this straight off Weidman's injury.
  • Cole1186 said:

He didn't struggle with Maia, he struggled with the 30lb weight cut he made on short notice.

Weidman asked for it though, he isn't scared homie. I like his go big or go home attitude
  • »Army_Of_Øne«»Army_Of_Øne« Posts: 20,211Free
    easy win for silva.

¤ UFC Prediction Tournament 5 Champion

> > > IRT < < <
  • PunchBagPunchBag Posts: 8,498Free
    edited February 2013
    weidman is a fool for taking this fight without a warmup fight, hes fighting the greatest mma fighter the sport has seen off a long layoff, makes me think he isnt serious and just wants the ppv money. good chance if he looses this fight he wont get another shot at silva.
    Post edited by PunchBag on
    "Believe in the beard"
    I bet against THE KING and he smashed my little gonads into oblivion

• horrorfan663horrorfan663 Posts: 772Free
    edited February 2013

Cole1186 said:

I've only seen Weidman fight twice, against Maia and Munoz. He looked horrific against Maia but he looked sharp against Munoz and his precision was amazingly precise ;)

If Weidman looked that bad coming off of a tough weight cut against Maia, coming off of a year long injury lay off might not look any better, and against the greatest hand to hand combatant in the history of mankind spells only one thing: Certain bloody death.

A healthy Weidman might make a fight out of it, me thinks we're gonna see some of Silvas patented disrespect ala Maia and Leites

I'd love to see Silva jab-dance-jab-dance-sweep-dance his way to a 50-43 decision. He's going to make a fool of Weidman and Dana, the UFC and all of the fans will be soooo full on mad yo
    Post edited by horrorfan663 on
    Silva. idk how i feel about Silva. I feel like anything he had going for him coming into the UFC was ripped away when Cain pulled that drive by on him back at 146. Poor guy never even saw the Astro Van coming.....
  • PenguPengu Posts: 4,130Free
    Aw this is going to be fun!
    Weedman gonna get a beatdown
    Train by day, Joe Rogan Podcast all Night! All day!

Osu!

• bluesybluesy Posts: 2,882Free
    It's gonna be funny when he can't even land a single takedown.

Okami can LNP the whole division apart from Sonnen, and Andy just yawned him off and kicked him in the head before he obliterated him completely. Weidman is probably a step above, but I don't see this being much different.
  • waikruwaikru UFC PresidentPosts: 10,649Free
    bluesy said:

It's gonna be funny when he can't even land a single takedown.

Okami can LNP the whole division apart from Sonnen, and Andy just yawned him off and kicked him in the head before he obliterated him completely. Weidman is probably a step above, but I don't see this being much different.

Exactly. The UFC is going to keep sending him against wrestlers until the first Sonnen fight is removed from their memory. This title defence against weidman will make the fourth wrester he has defended his title against in his last five title defences.
    On November 16th Hendricks became the real undisputed champion.

"Believe in the beard"

• HellequinHellequin Posts: 4,715Free
    I have no problem with this fight happening. It will be an easy win for Silva, however.