Will JDS vs REEM be a #1 Contender Fight ?

RodrigoRuaRodrigoRua Posts: 2,422Free
Well, on paper, yes it will BUT that also creates other questions inside HW division. I would like u folks to discuss:

1. Would JDS fight Bg Foot in case BF beats Cain ?

2. Whos next for Jds vs Reem loser ?

3. Do you think Cormier would fight Cain in case he beats Mir ? Would he fight JDS vs Reem winner ?

4. When will Barnett comes in the picture ?

U guys have a great evening
Tagged:

Comments

• SteelerNation43SteelerNation43 Posts: 12,651Free
    Yes, Its the perfect scenario imo.

To answer your questions:

1. Yes he will, they're both brazzos but different camps.

2. the whole division is open for the loser.

3. Cormier has said he wants to fight Jones at 205 but who knows about that. As of right now Cain and Corm won't fight. We'll have to see if Cormier becomes a contender though.

4. Hopefully they'll settle on a contract, if not he'll go to a lower league and dominate.
  • BanduraBandura Posts: 1,453Free

Yes, Its the perfect scenario imo.

To answer your questions:

1. Yes he will, they're both brazzos but different camps.

2. the whole division is open for the loser.

3. Cormier has said he wants to fight Jones at 205 but who knows about that. As of right now Cain and Corm won't fight. We'll have to see if Cormier becomes a contender though.

4. Hopefully they'll settle on a contract, if not he'll go to a lower league and dominate.

/covered

All hail the Dark sith ruler, Darth Shubeous!
  • edh1edh1 Posts: 960Free

Well, on paper, yes it will BUT that also creates other questions inside HW division. I would like u folks to discuss:

3. Do you think Cormier would fight Cain in case he beats Mir ? Would he fight JDS vs Reem winner ?

NOT FOR REEM HE'S 1-1 IN THE UFC,UNLESS IT'S IN BRUTAL FASHION.
    JDS HAS ONLY LOST ONCE SINCE FIGHTINGIN THE UFC ,AND AGAINST THE VERY VERY BEST,SO YES ANY WIN GETS HIM THE TITLE SHOT.JUNIOR WORKED FOR HIS INITIAL TITLE SHOT RIGHT HERE IN THE UFC-NOT AN EASY ROAD ,HIS 1ST FIGHT AGAINST WERDUN.OVEREEM BEAT UP A BUNCH OFLESSER COMP IN SF AND DREAM ,AND GOT HIS # 1 CONTENDERS MATCH IMMEDIETLY.IMO THERE IS NO DOUBT JDS WILL RETIRE THAT ****
    edh1 said:

JDS HAS ONLY LOST ONCE SINCE FIGHTINGIN THE UFC ,AND AGAINST THE VERY VERY BEST,SO YES ANY WIN GETS HIM THE TITLE SHOT.JUNIOR WORKED FOR HIS INITIAL TITLE SHOT RIGHT HERE IN THE UFC-NOT AN EASY ROAD ,HIS 1ST FIGHT AGAINST WERDUN.OVEREEM BEAT UP A BUNCH OFLESSER COMP IN SF AND DREAM ,AND GOT HIS # 1 CONTENDERS MATCH IMMEDIETLY.IMO THERE IS NO DOUBT JDS WILL RETIRE THAT ****
    so you pump JDS up and i agree with everything you say....Id add he prob has the best current HW record, but say if Reem beats that same person he doesn't deserve a title shot? Whatcha smokin brah
  • BanduraBandura Posts: 1,453Free
    edh1 said:

dude if Diaz is getting a title shot after 1-1 against a guy who was alreay retired and then coming in dissapointingly against a guy he was suppoesed to beat then a #1 contender spot for Reem aint so bad,

That actually sounds a lot more like Reem when I think about it

All hail the Dark sith ruler, Darth Shubeous!
  • BYBrawlBYBrawl Posts: 1,057Free
    Well, I think Reem would have to put on a hell of a show to get a title shot after this one. It wasn't even fit how bad he looked vs BF.
    It's like wiping your **** before ya poop, it don't make sense!

Official Member of the Bacon Lovers Association
  • JohnnyZadarJohnnyZadar Posts: 8,936Free
    the winner of JDS VS Reem...gets the next title shot period...let the loser fight Cormier...lets hope Reem dosent ****-up and piss hot

so you pump JDS up and i agree with everything you say....Id add he prob has the best current HW record, but say if Reem beats that same person he doesn't deserve a title shot? Whatcha smokin brah

that's because MMA doesn't work like simple math.

if you're #10 and beats #2, that does not make you #2.
    maybe not, but it certainly puts you in a place for a title shot.

ie: bigfoot not being the #2 HW and he's fighting for the title.
  • jdukjduk Posts: 8,284Free
    I hope Reem wins if it is, Cain smashed jds and bigfoot
  • WarWestWarWest Órale VatoPosts: 33,646Free
    I hope not

Cain NEEDS to fight Cormier
    The Cal Ripken Of GSP hatin'
    Arch Bishop Of Anti-GSP
    The Stockton Hater
    209's So Fine
    edited February 2013

maybe not, but it certainly puts you in a place for a title shot.

ie: bigfoot not being the #2 HW and he's fighting for the title.

that's because BF is the only one on line right now, but if Overeem wins, there will still be Mir vs Cormier winner, Struve vs Hunt winner, and so it goes...
    ok, if Cormier beats Mir he prob won't fight Cain if he wins so thats out.. If Mir wins he's 1-1 in last 2 just like Overeem would be (Mir's last loss being someone OVereem just beat in this situation.) Hunt wins..Overeem still holds a win over him. Struve beats Hunt and he still hasn't beat a top 10 opponent.....

Everything i just said doesn't even matter...why? Because beating JDS at this point and time in the HW division gets you a title shot. Doesn't matter who it is. Anything otherwise would be completely silly.

I serious think this is all bias Reem hate.
    Post edited by SteelerNation43 on
  • c_pumphreyc_pumphrey Posts: 929Free
    shouldnt be i think streuve vs hunt winner deserves it but probably esspecially if jds wins