Johny Hendricks vs Rory Macdonald

edh1edh1 Posts: 965Free
edited February 2013 in UFC
WHO WINS THIS FIGHT AND HOW
Post edited by sobercorrupt on

Johny Hendricks vs Rory Macdonald

Sign in to vote!
This is a public poll: others will see what you voted for.
Tagged:

Comments

• edh1edh1 Posts: 965Free
    we will probably see this fight sooner or later,it could be a good one ,I have Rory winning by having more offensive weapons ,and being more of a complete fighter .Though Hendricks has that big left hand.
  • BanduraBandura Posts: 1,453Free
    HENDRICKS
    No idea, but it'd be awesome

actually no. big rig by beard

All hail the Dark sith ruler, Darth Shubeous!
  • PunchBagPunchBag Posts: 7,862Free
    i want maia vs macdonald
    "Believe in the beard"
    I bet against THE KING and he smashed my little gonads into oblivion

• Wanderlei_RuaWanderlei_Rua Posts: 975Free
    HENDRICKS
    Rory's head movement is not great and we've all seen how he folds to adversity. Bad combination against someone like Bigg Rigg.
  • PoloRidahPoloRidah Posts: 11,406Free
    HENDRICKS
    Fear the beard.
    Hendricks 1,2,3,4

• ShannonRitch1p4pShannonRitch1p4p Posts: 10,083Free

Rory's head movement is not great and we've all seen how he folds to adversity. Bad combination against someone like Bigg Rigg.

Thiss.

Rory quit in the Condit fight.

Hendricks would crack him once and it would be a wrap.
  • Cole1186Cole1186 Posts: 3,766Free
    MACDONALD
    that's a tough call, but I'm going to have to go with Rory. I think both of them are the shiz, but I feel as if Rory just keeps getting better and better every time I see him fight.

Thiss.

He gassed in that fight ,and fighting carlos condit in your 1st ufc fight is a tall order considering he was like 22.I think he has waaay more tools than hendricks.Hendricks has that big left hand and good wrestling thats it .Having said that ,it's usually enough.I think Rory has a decent reach advantage.I think if big rig doesnt land big ,he could be outstruck by many WW'S.Just having that big punch IMO Does not make him an elite strikers ,generally elite strikers have more tools ,he really isn't even a good boxer.A guy with a good chin and slick boxing would pick him apart.Diaz,Penn,Carlos,Rory, even Gsp, are all better strikers they just don't have as much pop.I know everyone says this ,but he really is a more finely tuned Josh Koscheck
  • WarWestWarWest Órale VatoPosts: 33,841Free
    MACDONALD
    Rory Mac&Cheese
    The Cal Ripken Of GSP hatin'
    Arch Bishop Of Anti-GSP
    The Stockton Hater
    209's So Fine
  • ShannonRitch1p4pShannonRitch1p4p Posts: 10,083Free
    edited February 2013
    edh1 said:

Thiss.

He gassed in that fight ,and fighting carlos condit in your 1st ufc fight is a tall order considering he was like 22.I think he has waaay more tools than hendricks.Hendricks has that big left hand and good wrestling thats it .Having said that ,it's usually enough.I think Rory has a decent reach advantage.I think if big rig doesnt land big ,he could be outstruck by many WW'S.Just having that big punch IMO Does not make him an elite strikers ,generally elite strikers have more tools ,he really isn't even a good boxer.A guy with a good chin and slick boxing would pick him apart.Diaz,Penn,Carlos,Rory, even Gsp, are all better strikers they just don't have as much pop.I know everyone says this ,but he really is a more finely tuned Josh Koscheck
    Yeah nobody every said him and a dude like Hendo are great strikers. However they are iron chinned beats with the most power in their hands in their own weight class and both have figured how to land their pumch successfully. They also are two guys with a wrestling base to rely on as well. And that was not Rorys first UFC fight btw.
    Post edited by ShannonRitch1p4p on
  • BanutuBanutu Posts: 619Free
    MACDONALD
    i hope rory mcdonald will dominate this dude, he is talking some ridiculous crap lately, i cant stand him.
  • i_run_thisi_run_this Posts: 19,382Free
    hard fight to call

Rory could take him down.

UFC Prediction Tournament 5 Champion

if rory cant get hendricks down i can see him getting kod.
    "Believe in the beard"

edh1 said:

Thiss.

Yeah nobody every said him and a dude like Hendo are great strikers. However they are iron chinned beats with the most power in their hands in their own weight class and both have figured how to land their pumch successfully. They also are two guys with a wrestling base to rely on as well. And that was not Rorys first UFC fight btw.
    Theres No reason to believe Hendricks chin is Iron,not to be put in the same catagory as Hendo's Chin anyways.You are right it was HIS 2ND ,BUT STILL A BIG CHALLENGE CONSIDERING HIS AGE AND EXPERIENCE.IMO HE WOULD BE THE FAVORITE IN THE REMATCH,AND HE HAS IMPROVED A LOT SINCE THEN.I FIND JOHNY HENDRICKS TO BE PRETTY ORDINARY.I WATCHED THE RICK STORY FIGHT THE OTHER DAY,AND HE REALLY HAS NOT PUT ANY NEW WEAPONS IN HIS TOOLBOX SINCE THEN.VERY SELDOMLY KICKS ,NO KNEES,ELBOWS.AND HIS MMA WRESTLING IS GOOD ,BUT NOT GREAT.Koscheck with a beard.I THINK HE'S GONNA TAKE A LOT OF SHOTS AGAINST CONDIT,THEN WE WILL SEE WHAT HIS CHINS LIKE.My guess is that once he starts getting tagged he reverts back to his wrestling,which might be the best way to approach Condit anyways.
    hendricks confessed to being kod in his first amateur fight, i doubt he has a solid chin but it should be enough to shrug off rorys attempts at striking
    "Believe in the beard"

• joeyp1joeyp1 Posts: 272Free
    HENDRICKS

this. rory always gets tagged, and lil hendo dont tag.
  • joeyp1joeyp1 Posts: 272Free
    HENDRICKS

this. rory always gets tagged, and lil hendo dont tag.
  • TahuneTahune Posts: 1,890Free
    PunchBag said:

hendricks confessed to being kod in his first amateur fight, i doubt he has a solid chin but it should be enough to shrug off rorys attempts at striking

Didn't he confess to being knocked during one of the first times he trained?
    Grover- Future LHW champ!
  • carnages41carnages41 Posts: 36,400Free
    HENDRICKS
    Hendricks via Rory pulling out with an injury
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last one to post wins- Winner
    UFC Forum Fight Camp- Winner
    UFC PREDICTIONS TOURNAMENT 5 - unofficial winner
  • rodrodMMA92rodrodMMA92 TexasPosts: 4,027Free
    HENDRICKS
    Hendricks via Rory pulling out from incomplete cycle

21-16 SIG . . . . . 2-1 AV

Rua . . . . . . Penn . . . . . . Maia . . . . . .Van Soest . . . . . . Rousey . . . . . . . JDS . . . . . . Silva

imageimageimageTVSRouseyimageShogun

• PenguPengu Posts: 4,130Free
    HENDRICKS
    Mcdonald could do it, but man Hendricks has been putting dudes to sleep before they even hit the mat.
    Train by day, Joe Rogan Podcast all Night! All day!

Osu!