Any word on who Thiago Alves is fighting next?

ShuberlingShuberling Posts: 11,603Free
He's 1 of my idols :(
Makin' movies, makin' songs and fightin' round the world!

Thiago Alves = UFC WW Champion of 2014/15!!!

Costa Philippou is a boss! ... And also, he looks like a Columbian drug lord :)

My MMA record = 3-1 (Semi pro) Battle Arena British Featherweight champion

I am more powerful than any sith lord to grace the universe, I by myself murdered the career of the G.O.A.T, Anderson "The Spider" Silva! Join the darkside!

Tagged:

Comments

• WarWestWarWest Órale VatoPosts: 33,724Free
    SHUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUBE!!!!!!!!!!
    The Cal Ripken Of GSP hatin'
    Arch Bishop Of Anti-GSP
    The Stockton Hater
    209's So Fine
  • ShuberlingShuberling Posts: 11,603Free
    Yes?

I am more powerful than any sith lord to grace the universe, I by myself murdered the career of the G.O.A.T, Anderson "The Spider" Silva! Join the darkside!

Would you **** me?

I'd **** me
    Arch Bishop Of Anti-GSP
    The Stockton Hater
    209's So Fine
    WarWest said:

Would you **** me?

I'd **** me

No.

WarWest said:

Would you **** me?

I'd **** me

No.
    I don't believe you
    Arch Bishop Of Anti-GSP
    The Stockton Hater
    209's So Fine
  • wanderleisilva101wanderleisilva101 Posts: 9,365Free
    Last I heard he got injured before the Siyar fight haven't heard anything since then and that was ages ago, hopefully he's returning soon tho been way to long to go without an Alves fight.
    Bet Record- 76-43

UFC Survivor series tournament 1 winner

It's so cool that my partnership with my best friend and lover Antawn can be recognized as a marriage! DOMA is unconstitutional!

image image
    WarWest said:

WarWest said:

Would you **** me?

I'd **** me

No.
    I don't believe you
    Good, let's leave it that way. No one should believe me o.O

Last I heard he got injured before the Siyar fight haven't heard anything since then and that was ages ago, hopefully he's returning soon tho been way to long to go without an Alves fight.

Aye, he's gonna have some major ring rust :S

• wanderleisilva101wanderleisilva101 Posts: 9,365Free

WarWest said:

WarWest said:

Would you **** me?

I'd **** me

No.
    I don't believe you
    Good, let's leave it that way. No one should believe me o.O

Aye, he's gonna have some major ring rust :S
    True and knowing the UFC they will throw him in the deep end on his return.
    Bet Record- 76-43

UFC Survivor series tournament 1 winner

It's so cool that my partnership with my best friend and lover Antawn can be recognized as a marriage! DOMA is unconstitutional!

image image
  • BanduraBandura Posts: 1,453Free
    Alves needs to see Sonnen the shrink (see Stephan Bonnar) Pre and Post GSP Alves are two different dudes.

All hail the Dark sith ruler, Darth Shubeous!

Rumor is that he died from the Dolce diet

HA! LMFAO!!!
    Arch Bishop Of Anti-GSP
    The Stockton Hater
    209's So Fine
  • PunchBagPunchBag Posts: 7,820Free
    dont like alves, they keep talking about how sick his standup is and then he comes out and wins a decision or looses badly.
    "Believe in the beard"
    I bet against THE KING and he smashed my little gonads into oblivion

• Yesterdays_HeroYesterdays_Hero Posts: 23,589Free
    PunchBag said:

dont like alves, they keep talking about how sick his standup is and then he comes out and wins a decision or looses badly.

This. He has Rampage knockout power.... we saw it once and then it was never seen again but it was hyped through the roof till the day he left the UFC
  • MangasmMangasm Posts: 6,043Free

PunchBag said:

This. He has Rampage knockout power.... we saw it once and then it was never seen again but it was hyped through the roof till the day he left the UFC
    I've never really heard people hype up Alves' KO power. People talk up his leg kicks, but those actually are vicious.
    The internet tells me that that's called love, I'm on the internet cuz I'm an Internet thug.

Sigbet record: 99999-0. Blee dat
    PunchBag said:

Well in all fairness, he does have sick standup skills. He battered everyone on the feet up until he fought GSP and there's no shame in losing to GSP, the back of his shorts were forced to make love to the cage and ground in his next fight cause that sort of stuff turns Fitch on sexually. He then went on to batter John Howard senseless on the feet in possibly the best performance of his career, he then lost to Rick Story after being pressed against the cage for 2 rounds, then easily outstruck Rick in the 3rd after he manned up. He dropped Abedi, choked him out, then had a fairly 50/50 standup fight with Kampmann, a lot thought he was still winning the standup, and controlled the fight until he got choked out.

My conclusion? No one has been able to out strike Alves except GSP. He doesn't get enough credit anymore, but at the same time, you can't deny that the Dolce Diet has changed Alves a lot. He used to be huge and a ruthless finisher, not so much anymore though.

• PunchBagPunchBag Posts: 7,820Free
    hes boring even in standup fights, not saying he doesnt have good standup because he does, but im just not excited to see him fight hes a very safe striker i just dont get the hype that used to surround him
    "Believe in the beard"
    I bet against THE KING and he smashed my little gonads into oblivion