Fighters who are likely to be cut in the near-future

DaPhreshnessDaPhreshness Posts: 84Free
Melvin Guillard. He's 1-4 in his past five, lost three of those fights by being finished in the first round, is riding a two-fight losing streak, looked flat in his last fight, missed weight for one of his losses, and his lone win came in boring fashion.

Shane Carwin hasn't competed in almost two years, has lost two in a row, and is now 38 years old.

Joey Beltran is 1-3 with one NC in his last five, and he just tested positive for steroids in his last fight.

Thiago Silva officially hasn't won a fight in three and a half years.

Any others that probably have it coming soon?
Favorite Fighters by Division:

Liz Carmouche
Tim Elliott
Eddie Wineland
Frankie Edgar
Melvin Guillard/TJ Grant
Mike Pierce
Michael Bisping
Alexander Gustafsson
Minotauro Nogueira/Matt Mitrione
Tagged:

Comments

• MangasmMangasm Idiot Savant ExtraodinairePosts: 6,295Free
    Cheick Cango should be getting the pink slip soon. He's boring and a cheater.
    The internet tells me that that's called love, I'm on the internet cuz I'm an Internet thug.

Sigbet record: 99999-0. Blee dat
  • WarWestWarWest Órale VatoPosts: 35,227Free
    Hopefully all of them

**** MMA
    The Cal Ripken Of GSP hatin'
    Arch Bishop Of Anti-GSP
    The Stockton Hater
    209's So Fine
  • OzprideOzpride Radelaide, AustraliaPosts: 4,498Free
    god damn I hope Guido gets cut soon although he may get picked up by bellator which would be even worse

UFC PREDICTION TOURNAMENT 9 CHAMPION

• Yesterdays_HeroYesterdays_Hero Posts: 24,723Free
    Alistair Overeem
    Melvin Guillard
    Lyoto Machida - If he loses to Dan I wouldn't be surprised)
    Clay Guida - 3 fight losing streak (Hioki definitely beat him), prefers to run away
  • bandicootbandicoot Posts: 370Free
    wanderlei silva. won 3 of last 10 fights.

just kidding... Wandy will beat Stann
  • juice64011juice64011 Posts: 6,549Free
    Unfortunately Robbie Lawler after Kos humps him to a boring UD.
    MMA Prediction Tournament 3 Champion

UFC Prediction Tournament 3 Champion

UFC Prediction Tournament 4 Champion

Official JP24 Prediction League (2012) Champion*

I won these prediction league titles against the canliest of cans. It turns out that cashflow is not one of those people.
  • PoloPolo Posts: 12,298Free
    Palhares. He's been KTFO'd in his last two fights. One of which he failed his drug test.
    Daniel Cormier turns fans into retards.

• juice64011juice64011 Posts: 6,549Free
    I think that Machida is safe but might be forced to move down to MW which is where he should be fighting anyway.
    MMA Prediction Tournament 3 Champion

UFC Prediction Tournament 3 Champion

UFC Prediction Tournament 4 Champion

Official JP24 Prediction League (2012) Champion*

I won these prediction league titles against the canliest of cans. It turns out that cashflow is not one of those people.
  • GstarUkGstarUk Posts: 7,194Free
    The whole womens division, if liz wins tomorrow.
  • PenguPengu Posts: 4,130Free
    Schaub after Johnson puts his lights out.
    Palhares if he loses one more fight
    Guida if he puts on another snooze fest.
    Train by day, Joe Rogan Podcast all Night! All day!

Osu!

• zaksamezaksame Posts: 4,390Free
    You would simply have to research the contracts,the guys making decent money [too much in the UFC's eyes] and are not winning will be cut.
    There is of course that one variable ,like kissing **** usually gets you somewhere and hyping yourself in the media also seems to work.
    Dana's talk abotu Fitch seems to fit Chael's bill,umm 2/3 losses,looked awful in his decision win,looked awful in last loss to Silva,makes too much money,,umm so how does he stick around?Kiss ****,runs his mouth to stay relevant yep check.
    Gina Miesha Kyra ...yes please.
  • DaPhreshnessDaPhreshness Posts: 84Free
    zaksame said:

You would simply have to research the contracts,the guys making decent money [too much in the UFC's eyes] and are not winning will be cut.
    There is of course that one variable ,like kissing **** usually gets you somewhere and hyping yourself in the media also seems to work.
    Dana's talk abotu Fitch seems to fit Chael's bill,umm 2/3 losses,looked awful in his decision win,looked awful in last loss to Silva,makes too much money,,umm so how does he stick around?Kiss ****,runs his mouth to stay relevant yep check.

Chael's one of the UFC's top five PPV draws, whereas the majority of people groaned every time they announced a new Fitch fight. I think anyone in the UFC that people are starting to not care about seeing, but who's been around for a while, is in more trouble than anyone. That's part of the reason I think Thiago Silva is on his way out. I bet he makes good money since he used to be such a top contender, but now I don't think too many people care about him. It's not like he's going to make his way into the top 10 or anything.

I've heard Dana lash out at Guida and Matt Riddle in interviews lately, so I gotta say that if they wanna stick around I think they need to win their next fights. He did also say though that he knows Fitch will be back, that he'll become champ in some second-tier promotion until he gets invited back.
    Favorite Fighters by Division:

Liz Carmouche
    Tim Elliott
    Eddie Wineland
    Frankie Edgar
    Melvin Guillard/TJ Grant
    Mike Pierce
    Michael Bisping
    Alexander Gustafsson
    Minotauro Nogueira/Matt Mitrione
  • ijosefijosef Posts: 1,719Free
    I don't think Chael looked awful in his last loss to Silva. He completely dominated the first round (one judge even gave him a 10-8), and although it wasn't too exciting, Silva did absolutely nothing. He was doing okay during the second round despite Silva's antics (grabbing the fence, grabbing Sonnen's trunks) until the massive fail that was the spinning backfist. You can't make a mistake like that against Anderson Silva because he will capitalize and finish you in a second... which is what he did to Chael.
  • StefanoStefano Posts: 680Free
    Criteria for cutting fighters, in order of importance: 1) Overall UFC Revenue; 2) UFC Record; 3) Overall Record; 4) Revenue in last 1/4.
    Benson Henderson

Jon Jones

Edson Barboza

Nate Diaz
  • StompGrindStompGrind CajunlandPosts: 22,145Free
    Stefano said:

Criteria for cutting fighters, in order of importance: 1) Overall UFC Revenue; 2) UFC Record; 3) Overall Record; 4) Revenue in last 1/4.

If they were going off of revenue how would they even determine that for individual fighters when they are always part of a whole fight card. It's not like they are fighting just thier fight and fans are paying for individual fights.
  • KOOKORKKOOKORK Posts: 917Free

Stefano said:

If they were going off of revenue how would they even determine that for individual fighters when they are always part of a whole fight card. It's not like they are fighting just thier fight and fans are paying for individual fights.
    This is where forums and posts comes to help them know which fighter is attracting more fans and PPV. It is not too difficult to find out statistically, believe you me....
    It is not about win or lose, it is about heart. Leave all you have in the Octagon and you are a winner in my book.
    JDS, Machida,Sam stout,Bermudez, Dustin Kimura,Roger Huerta