Out of 10, your confidence in dana/ufc and the direction its heading, before this week and after it.

joeyp1joeyp1 Posts: 272Free
before this week id give it a 7. now im hitting a 5.

the erosion of fair competition and sporting practice is apparent, obvious and is pulling the org into fakery.

before people ask me why im here, its because zuffa have a virtual monopoly on the sport locally, at its most significant market.

it doesnt mean im about to pay to watch pro wrestling/strongman contests. and it dont mean i have to like the direction dans monopoly is taking things.

ufc pretty much bought mma in north america. im an mma fan not a ufc fan. if i buy your house and then use it for a toilet and charge to rent to live in it, then youre gonna have an opinion too.
Tagged:

Comments

• WarWestWarWest Órale VatoPosts: 33,709Free
    The Cal Ripken Of GSP hatin'
    Arch Bishop Of Anti-GSP
    The Stockton Hater
    209's So Fine
  • JohnnyZadarJohnnyZadar Posts: 8,936Free
    in Dana 3...UFC without Dana 8maybe 9 B-)
  • PunchBagPunchBag Posts: 7,804Free
    edited February 2013
    seems like ufc is moving more and more into sports entertainment, if all the care about is exciting shows maybe they should consider fixing the fights or making them fake to appease the masses of mindless idiots.
    Post edited by PunchBag on
    "Believe in the beard"
    I bet against THE KING and he smashed my little gonads into oblivion

• KOOKORKKOOKORK Posts: 778Free
    Absolute power corrupts absolutely.
    Dana has been a great boss and ambassadore for this sport but recently he is showing the signs of" My way or highway". It is in every one of us to start to think we are the God after years of being the boss in a monopoly style.

Dana needs to rethink a few things before UFC hits a dead end road. There is still hope .
    It is not about win or lose, it is about heart. Leave all you have in the Octagon and you are a winner in my book.
    JDS, Machida,Sam stout,Bermudez, Dustin Kimura,Roger Huerta
  • Brent555Brent555 Posts: 3,099Free
    edited February 2013
    Not gonna lie, the Fitch and AKA treatment has really made me wonder. All because they won't sign over their rights for life? That's ridiculous. I know that Dana says that isn't the reason, but I'm not so sure.
    Post edited by Brent555 on
    boxing@boxing.nv.gov <boxing@boxing.nv.gov>

This is the e-mail belonging to the Nevada State Athletic Commission. Any complaints due to poor judging should be directed to them. Let your voice be heard
  • SteelerNation43SteelerNation43 Posts: 12,653Free
    edited February 2013
    How is the UFC any different from the NFL, MLB, NBA, NHL, etc....

in terms of being a monopoly or not.
    Post edited by SteelerNation43 on
  • joeyp1joeyp1 Posts: 272Free

their monopoly is over a team game with legit rankings, contendership and relegation.

there is no one making the matches, relegating teams that lose one match, or promoting the most popular or sycophantic teams to superbowl finals every year.

edited February 2013
    joeyp1 said:

their monopoly is over a team game with legit rankings, contendership and relegation.

there is no one making the matches, relegating teams that lose one match, or promoting the most popular or sycophantic teams to superbowl finals every year.

but you know we can never have legit rankings in MMA...it just doesn't work out that way.

and they always promote the popular teams, and players, and stars in every sport.....its just those sports your able to have 20 to over 100 games per team (depending on the sport) in a year while these individual fighters (around 400 total!) get 3-4 if they're lucky.

joeyp1 said:

but you know we can never have legit rankings in MMA...it just doesn't work out that way.

and they always promote the popular teams, and players, and stars in every sport.....its just those sports your able to have 20 to over 100 games per team (depending on the sport) in a year while these individual fighters (around 400 total!) get 3-4 if they're lucky.
    they just released rankings...

and if rankings exist in boxing then they can exist in mma. in fact they already do exist, its called the "who joe silva likes division." it would surprise me if you could come up with a more illegitimate rankings system frankly.

no they dont promote the popular. they market the popular. they promote the winner. barcelona just lost to ac milan. do you really think barca go through if they cant overcome that in spain... in golf, if tiger loses, do you think that means he wins. in football if chelsea bore the **** out of everyone and lose in the group matches, you think that means they are out?

sport is built on fair and free competition. the market place is always slanted, but the rules are sacrosanct.

relegation, promotion and rankings always occur within the rules.

only in wwe is that different. in a sport just like mma, where individuals fight once a year, like boxing, winners win and losers lose. no one relegates maywether for being boring.
    edited February 2013
    if your telling me that the setup is not like boxing then please explain to me why Mayweather and Pacman never fought while they were at the top of their game....

again idk why im feeding the troll, but **** it.

Lets take a real look at the definition of sport:

An activity involving physical exertion and skill in which an individual or team competes against another or others.

Has nothing to do with rankings or anything.

In fact in all major league sports you have the worst teams playing the best teams ALLL THEEE TIIIMMME!!! lol...your being ridiculous.

if your telling me that the setup is not like boxing then please explain to me why Mayweather and Pacman never fought while they were at the top of their game....

again idk why im feeding the troll, but **** it.

Lets take a real look at the definition of sport:

An activity involving physical exertion and skill in which an individual or team competes against another or others.

Has nothing to do with rankings or anything.

In fact in all major league sports you have the worst teams playing the best teams ALLL THEEE TIIIMMME!!! lol...your being ridiculous.

stop calling me a troll or this conversation is over. i expressed my opinion, and you dont like that. gtfo the internet then.

Sport (or, primarily in North America, sports) is all forms of competitive physical activity which,[1] through casual or organised participation, aim to use, maintain or improve physical ability and provide entertainment to participants.[2] Hundreds of sports exist, from those requiring only two participants, through to those with hundreds of simultaneous participants, either in teams or competing as individuals.

Sport is generally recognised as activities which are based in physical athleticism or physical dexterity, with the largest major competitions such as the Olympic Games admitting only sports meeting this definition,[3] and other organisations such as the Council of Europe using definitions precluding activities without a physical element from classification as sports.[2] However, a number of competitive, but non-physical, activities claim recognition as mind sports. The International Olympic Committee (through ARISF) recognises both chess and bridge as bona fide sports, and SportAccord, the international sports federation association, recognises five non-physical sports,[4][5] although limits the amount of mind games which can be admitted as sports.[1]

Sports are usually governed by a set of rules or customs, which serve to ensure fair competition, and allow consistent adjudication of the winner. Winning can be determined by physical events such as scoring goals or crossing a line first, or by the determination of judges who are scoring elements of the sporting performance, including objective or subjective measures such as technical performance or artistic impression.

In organised sport, records of performance are often kept, and for popular sports, this information may be widely announced or reported in sport news. In addition, sport is a major source of entertainment for non-participants, with spectator sports drawing large crowds to venues, and reaching wider audiences through sports broadcasting.

fair competition - sport. rules ensure this.

alex furgesson telling man utd how to play is sport. platini telling them how to play for uefa and tv is not.

the worst team play the best as part of a round robin, or a knock out tournament. not as a final.

most importantly. ALL sports have rankings including ufc. at the very least you have a champ and contenders.

NO credible sport promotes, relegates or ranks through popularity.

the rules ensure fair competition, and no sport punished out side of those rules, or uses constructive relegation and unusual punishment to boost its sales figure. if they did, they would lose credibility, just like ufc has done.

not tennis, handball, volleyball, football, rugby, wrestling, bjj, boxing, or kaabadi. none of them do and when they do so they are fake.

the head of a sport and being the head of marketing and directing a sportsman how to play stops it being a sport.
    your argument might be a little more valid if you didn't make 3 threads bashing the UFC at once.

your argument might be a little more valid if you didn't make 3 threads bashing the UFC at once.

im not bashing the ufc. im advocating free and fair competition in sport.

joeyp1 said:

your calling the UFC fake....

and i'll say it again...in every sport you have the worst teams playing the best teams at some point and time. WHy is that any different than what your complaining about.

joeyp1 said:

and i'll say it again...in every sport you have the worst teams playing the best teams at some point and time. WHy is that any different than what your complaining about.
    This question prob doesn't belong in this thread but its hard to keep up with them.

joeyp1 said:

its youre. and youre correct. i am judging the ufc version of mma, on regular and exhaustive sporting context, as a fake, corrupted, arbitrarily governed form of show fighting, that prohibits free and fair competition extraneous to the rules, promotes against success, relegates throught arbitrary, constructive and commercial imperatives, completely against success, and basically judges fighters outside of fighting ability within the rules. thats exactly what im saying.

from a sporting context, dana has willfully and gainfully interfered and corrupted free and fair competition to the point of telling fighters how to fight, completely extraneous to the rules, and with complete control and arbitrary authority over their careers. he has promoted himself to the roman emporer in the colloseam and we are all watching him play with hes gi joe collection.

they control the match ups. they control the title shots. they control who gets fired and how people fights.

its a turgid pile of steaming, lying, cloying ****, and thats the objective appraisal.

and no, round robin/ko tournaments have a lay out where good plays not so good, but not in a final, and thats what ufcs invisible tournament represents. the champ fights the winner of the continual invisable tournament. not the biggest hype job in the division.

fitch isnt 9th hes higher than that.
    "Believe in the beard"

PunchBag said:

fitch isnt 9th hes higher than that.

fight matrix had him at 15. and i had the pleasure of ripping the retard that owns it. total fkn sping, that **** was.
    edited February 2013
    i can only think of a few fighters to beat fitch for sure

maia
    gsp

fighters like hendricks are a maybe even though hendricks kod him it wouldnt go the same in a rematch.

hes possiblt 4th or 5th ww in the world. its retarded to have diaz or condit higher when they almost certainly loose to fitch.
    Post edited by PunchBag on
    "Believe in the beard"

• carnages41carnages41 Posts: 36,242Free
    Before 2/10

Now 8/10

cutting boring fighters is a huge step in the right direction
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last one to post wins- Winner
    UFC Forum Fight Camp- Winner
    UFC PREDICTIONS TOURNAMENT 5 - unofficial winner
  • rodrodMMA92rodrodMMA92 TexasPosts: 3,980Free
    What CarnGOAT said.

21-16 SIG . . . . . 2-1 AV

Rua . . . . . . Penn . . . . . . Maia . . . . . .Van Soest . . . . . . Rousey . . . . . . . JDS . . . . . . Silva

imageimageimageTVSRouseyimageShogun

• Dark_HorseDark_Horse Posts: 2,035Free
    With Dana Fing things up left right and centrre = 1

Without him = 9
    Happy in his folly, the fool embraces the Devil.
  • MetatronBJJMetatronBJJ Posts: 1,243Free
    9. It's come a long away and the fight this weekend is a huge milestone. Dana and company just need to step it up in the "Superfights" department. I know it is easier said then done, but make it happen Dana.
    I don't want to knock him out. I want to hurt him. If I knock him down, I'll stand back, give him a chance to breathe. It's his heart I want. - Smokin Joe Frazier
  • classicboxerclassicboxer Posts: 11,822Free

League sports have specific rules where thet play a season and playoffs to determine a champion. If Dana ran the NFL, it would have been 49ers vs Jets in the super bowl, because Rex Ryan has a big mouth.
    Oakland, CA: Raiders, A's, Warriors

League sports have specific rules where thet play a season and playoffs to determine a champion. If Dana ran the NFL, it would have been 49ers vs Jets in the super bowl, because Rex Ryan has a big mouth.
    that has nothing to do with the monopoly aspect of it.

Yes, the monopoly aspect of it allows Dana do do whatever he wants. Pro wrestling used to be real a long time ago.
    edited February 2013

Yes, the monopoly aspect of it allows Dana do do whatever he wants. Pro wrestling used to be real a long time ago.
    ....that makes no sense....This style of fight promoting has been around well before Dana and the Fertitas have taken over the UFC.

....that makes no sense....This style of fight promoting has been around well before Dana and the Fertitas have taken over Zuffa.
    True, but even Dana didn't do it until Brock came along.
  • Brent555Brent555 Posts: 3,099Free
    edited February 2013

Not sure why nobody has said this, but the biggest difference is that those leagues have players unions.
    Post edited by Brent555 on
    boxing@boxing.nv.gov <boxing@boxing.nv.gov>

This is the e-mail belonging to the Nevada State Athletic Commission. Any complaints due to poor judging should be directed to them. Let your voice be heard
  • MangasmMangasm Posts: 6,043Free
    No more Fitch ruining cards? Went from 7 to 8.

Now if they cut women, BW, and FLW, it'll be a 10
    The internet tells me that that's called love, I'm on the internet cuz I'm an Internet thug.

Sigbet record: 99999-0. Blee dat