A timeline of ufc becoming a sport and then becoming fake. Add your own.

joeyp1joeyp1 Posts: 272Free
A timeline of ufc becoming a sport and then becoming fake.

Ufc is created. Ostensibly it’s human streetfighter II, a world warrior contest to find the greatest martial art and artist. In reality its an open bjj exhibition for Royce and co to publicise the martial art.
The fights are real tho, and quite unpredictable or paralleled. Wrestling and boxing both react in different ways to this new thing.
Mma banned all over the states, boxing on the offensive and the dark ages of cards without ppv.

Human cockfighting.
Mccain attacks mma.
It becomes essential for ufc to establish itself as a legit sport, to counter fake assumptions and to position itself as safe competition. Fair competiton, legit athletes and comprehensive safety rules all allow this to happen.

Whilst great first generation athletes accompany dana on the publicity drive, ufc realizes the key to success is in the wrestler friendly rules and setting and the abundance of local unemployed wrestlers who can thrive in this environment, as champs and fillers.

Pride becomes the worlds number 1 fight league. 90,000 attendances and world wide recognition follow,. In america, ufc is in the dark ages.

Tuf happens against danas wishes. Reality tv and fighting get hitched and new crappy talent and stomp matches are found to show just how good Andersons striking is.

Dana sends chuck to pride, and he gets his **** kicked.

dana buys pride.

Fedor says no. dana is unable to purchase the greatest fighter of all time and decides to attack his name instead. America buys his ****. The rest of the world including brazil laugh their **** off. No one is brazil is gonna diss fedor. Nog is the godfather there and fedor beat him twice clean.
Instead of getting fedor, dana gets to hype lesnar.

Lesnar
Forums expand containing right wing, e bullys and mods who ban dissention or people defending themselves. Ufc shilling hits a new height and press passes are removed from anyone who defies zuffa. Sherdog stands out, but eventually breaks. Mma ug becomes danas little playground.

From clean face drives on fox, dana is now swearing at journos on the web, calling women **** and fighters are getting banned for rape jokes and homophobic bigotry.

Ufc 100 happens. This in many ways is the peak of mma and ufc in north America.

Ufc consolidates the market, by buying up the competition, most notably pride and strikeforce and merging wec into the fold.

Independent journalism of all kinds is shunned in place of walking shills like arial helwani.

Kimbo happens. Ufc rolls over and buys the hype. A new tuf record is set. A new record period in fact, as millions tune in to see a street fighter get schooled in mma.

James toney freak match happens.we finally get to see the worst type of boxer in the worst possible match up as some kind of confirmation that Royce would indeed kick the **** out of Tyson.

Dana goes beyond all logic to boost silva as his p4p excuse for not signing fedor. Fights against various failed lhws happen and then finally Sonnen happens.
ufc stumbles on a guy with more losses than finishes and a big mouth who rapes the sheep for 4 rounds before rolling over and having his belly tickled like the good company man he is.

Sonnen demonstrated you can make more money hyping and losing than winning fitch style. This is exactly how pro wrestling became fake in the first place.

Sonnen gets banned for drugs, prosecuted for illegal activity, and losing the rematch. Only to get a title fight in the division above. He shouted his mouth off, to say hed leave mma forever. Instead here he is, fighting for a title in a division he has zero recent experience in and very little success in.

Champs in stomp matches. Silva v bonnar.

Company men getting title shots they don’t deserve. Kenny florian im talking to you.

Company men all attack fedor, with rogan calling him a myth and goldie talking about hunt dominating him in a fight he was stopped in. guys who aren’t lodged in danas ****, such as cain, simply call him the greatest. Anderson and the Brazilians seem to completely avoid comment, despite danas push for Anderson to be thought of as champion of a relevant division.

Fedor sucks and always sucked as evidenced by controversial stoppages well after his prime and a decade unbeaten by anyone.in a division where one punch can end a fight. Anderson silva lives in the matrix, as evidenced by his performance against tufguy winners and runner ups with zero striking pedigree.

Fox deal happens and the owness on zuffa to deliver entertaining fights hits a new level. Stupid decision after stupid decision leaves zuffa drifting, as injuries and fighter insurance makes the big fights, impossible to depend on.

Fighters coerced not to fight to win. Kongo attacked for winning in the most logically smart way open to him. These attacks are completely extra to the rules and with zero respect for sporting practice, even in a parallel sport like boxing.
Fighters coerced not to fight like a professional. Jones is attacked for hendos mistakes and for treating mma like an actual sport going on parallels with boxing. Guys who wouldn’t even get an audience without jones name on the card, all **** and whine until they find out all amurican dan Henderson was to blame, and then they all stfu.
The fertittas lost a quarter of their fortune.

A new line of attack, targets the culture of ufc itself, homophobic, misogynous, racist, and validated by the forums and targeted by as a perfect sub pube audience by dana. Ufc is marketed at wwe fans.

The American armed forces drops ufc deal.

Ppvs are down and box office draws are retiring and injured with no one to fill their place.

The womens and flys come into the fold. No one realty cares, but dana feeds the midgets to the public and pimps the
living **** out of Honda.

The quest for superfights becomes an excuse for inter divisional squash matches with no competitive merit.

Champ after champ is set up with fights that bear zero relevance to either their weight categories or superfights.

Aldo is on his second. Silva gets bonnar. Jones gets sonnen and Belfort. The bw is drifting with the champ injured. Gsp finally comes back from injury with a very credible win against the number one contender, and then chooses to fight a loser instead of a winner.

Cain wrecked jds in the rematch. Heavyweight once again shows is legitimacy even though its numbers are small. Silva smashes overeem and in one ten second burst drops a bomb in the hen house at 235.

Fitch cut. On the same day as Volkmann. Two guys coming off one loss, as a new precedent is set. Others on 4 losses remain and 60 people ranked beneath fitch keep their job.

Dana now dictates fight styles extra to the rules and punishes people who defy him, with unusual relegations and constructive dismissal.

This is how we got from the necessity of establishing ufc as a legitmate sports league, to hype being sold over substance and the real fighting being influenced by commercial consideration and entertainment imperatives.
Tagged:

Comments

• joeyp1joeyp1 Posts: 272Free
    i dont give a ****. the point is i wrote it and now its out there lol..
  • WarWestWarWest Órale VatoPosts: 33,816Free
    Actually you typed it
    The Cal Ripken Of GSP hatin'
    Arch Bishop Of Anti-GSP
    The Stockton Hater
    209's So Fine
  • _TUF1__TUF1_ Posts: 8,316Free
    joeyp1 said:

it's definitely out there

_TUF1_ said:

joeyp1 said:

it's definitely out there
    i hope you have as much fun reading it lol.
  • SteelerNation43SteelerNation43 Posts: 12,677Free
    i skimmed through a couple points and stopped....didn't agree with any of them.

Seems like you just have it out for the UFC

i think you are trying too hard. if you think ufc is fake, just drop it.

i know wwe is fake and i'm not on their forum writing huge wall of texts...

i follow mma. as long as ufc is the largest mma org, il comment as i want.

this aint a fan club bud.

i skimmed through a couple points and stopped....didn't agree with any of them.

Seems like you just have it out for the UFC

i just follow the show. tell me one thing you disagree with. educate me.
  • Little_KangLittle_Kang Posts: 17,809Moderator, Ultimate
    lmfao joey is acting like an mma hipster

I hate hipsters
    imageimage

I hate hipsters

and i have no idea what that even means.

• _TUF1__TUF1_ Posts: 8,316Free
    joeyp1 said:

I hate hipsters

typical hipster talk ^^^

_TUF1_ said:

joeyp1 said:

I hate hipsters

typical hipster talk ^^^
    cool. next time im out in town i guess this means i can **** all those funny dressed chicks that hang around with those funny looking **** ****.
  • DopexotDopexot Posts: 85Free
    Sonnen said he will leave the UFC forever if Silva accepted his offer, but Silva didn't accept it. Months after the UFC made him fight Sonnen, so the offer was expired with all the terms and a new deal was done with clean terms.
    text
    Dopexot said:

Sonnen said he will leave the UFC forever if Silva accepted his offer, but Silva didn't accept it. Months after the UFC made him fight Sonnen, so the offer was expired with all the terms and a new deal was done with clean terms.

lol. was that ever really in doubt.
  • BirdhoundBirdhound Posts: 301Free
    edited February 2013
    Since TUF started it has definitely made the UFC less credible as an MMA organisation. The first couple of seasons were probably necessary to get the UFC and MMA taken seriously and to create a larger fanbase, and probably produced the best fighters. Now that pretty much every fighter from TUF gets a contract, and all you really need is to fill out an application and have an attitude to be considered a 'prospect', It really makes it difficult to take a lot of the guys in the UFC seriously. Also it takes good fighters out of the rotation to 'coach' these retards, which basically amounts to a very well paid vacation for doing very little. Dana knows he has the market cornered in the US and now hes just squeezing as much money out of it as he can. Its unavoidable that this will lead to fighters being signed and released according to their popularity rather than their talent and so dilutes the pool even further. Sonnen is the perfect example IMO, he is an average fighter who would struggle to get a title shot in any other organisation which based these things on talent alone. Yet somehow manages to get shot after shot at guys he has no business being in the same organisation as, let alone the same octagon. While fans are happy just to treat it like a soap opera and continue to pay for (non) events like this, then why would Dana change things and risk any of the real talent getting beaten and so lowering their earning power?
    Post edited by Birdhound on
    Birdhound said:

Since TUF started it has definitely made the UFC less credible as an MMA organisation. The first couple of seasons were probably necessary to get the UFC and MMA taken seriously and to create a larger fanbase, and probably produced the best fighters. Now that pretty much every fighter from TUF gets a contract, and all you really need is to fill out an application and have an attitude to be considered a 'prospect', It really makes it difficult to take a lot of the guys in the UFC seriously. Also it takes good fighters out of the rotation to 'coach' these retards, which basically amounts to a very well paid vacation for doing very little. Dana knows he has the market cornered in the US and now hes just squeezing as much money out of it as he can. Its unavoidable that this will lead to fighters being signed and released according to their popularity rather than their talent and so dilutes the pool even further. Sonnen is the perfect example IMO, he is an average fighter who would struggle to get a title shot in any other organisation which based these things on talent alone. Yet somehow manages to get shot after shot at guys he had no business being in the same organisation as, let alone the same octagon. While fans are happy just to treat it like a soap opera and continue to pay for (non) events like this, then why would Dana change things and risk any of the real talent getting beaten and so lowering their earning power?

chael sonnen has more losses than finishes and he is the golden son. hype.

fitch went on a 15 streak and stayed loyal despite obvious chances to go conquer sf, and what does he get for it. constructive dismissal and unusual punishment. you are damn right, its ****.
  • waikruwaikru UFC PresidentPosts: 10,015Free
    joeyp1 said:

Birdhound said:

Since TUF started it has definitely made the UFC less credible as an MMA organisation. The first couple of seasons were probably necessary to get the UFC and MMA taken seriously and to create a larger fanbase, and probably produced the best fighters. Now that pretty much every fighter from TUF gets a contract, and all you really need is to fill out an application and have an attitude to be considered a 'prospect', It really makes it difficult to take a lot of the guys in the UFC seriously. Also it takes good fighters out of the rotation to 'coach' these retards, which basically amounts to a very well paid vacation for doing very little. Dana knows he has the market cornered in the US and now hes just squeezing as much money out of it as he can. Its unavoidable that this will lead to fighters being signed and released according to their popularity rather than their talent and so dilutes the pool even further. Sonnen is the perfect example IMO, he is an average fighter who would struggle to get a title shot in any other organisation which based these things on talent alone. Yet somehow manages to get shot after shot at guys he had no business being in the same organisation as, let alone the same octagon. While fans are happy just to treat it like a soap opera and continue to pay for (non) events like this, then why would Dana change things and risk any of the real talent getting beaten and so lowering their earning power?

fitch went on a 15 streak and stayed loyal despite obvious chances to go conquer sf, and what does he get for it. constructive dismissal and unusual punishment. you are damn right, its ****.
    His winning streak was against these guys. Anybody can have a winning streak when fighting fighters of this level.

Chris Wilson

Diego Sanchez

Roan Carneiro

Luigi Fioravanti

Kuniyoshi Hironaka

Thiago Alves

Josh Burkman

Brock Larson

Jeff Joslin

Alex Serdyukov

Jorge Ortiz

Mike Seal

Kengo Ura

Shonie Carter

Kyle Jensen
    On November 16th Hendricks became the real undisputed champion.

"Believe in the beard"

Diego Sanchez
    Thiago Alves
    Brock Larson
    Jeff Joslin
    Shonie Carter
    Kyle Jensen

add saunders, pierce and eric s.

dude is legit top 10-15 and has spent half a decade top 3.

the division is 75 strong.
    waikru said:

joeyp1 said:

Birdhound said:

His winning streak was against these guys. Anybody can have a winning streak when fighting fighters of this level.

Diego Sanchez
    Thiago Alves
    Josh Burkman
    Brock Larson
    Jeff Joslin
    Alex Serdyukov
    Kengo Ura
    Shonie Carter
    Kyle Jensen
    saunders,
    pierce
    eric s.
    Paulo Thiago

who has a better record? gsp and who else?
    joeyp1 said:

Diego Sanchez
    Thiago Alves
    Brock Larson
    Jeff Joslin
    Shonie Carter
    Kyle Jensen

Once again, none of these guys are top ten guys. Anybody can be good fight guys ranked in the 20-30 of the division. And the WW division has been overhyped for a long time.Maia was on a two fight losing streak and goes into the WW division and dispatches three top ten guys with ease including the much overhyped Fitch.

"Believe in the beard"

waikru said:

joeyp1 said:

Diego Sanchez
    Thiago Alves
    Brock Larson
    Jeff Joslin
    Shonie Carter
    Kyle Jensen

Once again, none of these guys are top ten guys. Anybody can be good fight guys ranked in the 20-30 of the division. And the WW division has been overhyped for a long time.Maia was on a two fight losing streak and goes into the WW division and dispatches three top ten guys with ease including the much overhyped Fitch.
    com'on...

75 fighters in that division. maia is a force t ww. bjj atg v smaller wrestlers.

fitch = easily top 10/15 out of 75 fighters.
  • waikru said:

joeyp1 said:

Birdhound said:

Chris Wilson

Diego Sanchez

Roan Carneiro

Luigi Fioravanti

Kuniyoshi Hironaka

Thiago Alves

Josh Burkman

Brock Larson

Jeff Joslin

Alex Serdyukov

Jorge Ortiz

Mike Seal

Kengo Ura

Shonie Carter

Kyle Jensen
    You missed out Gabe Garcia which would make half of them wins not in the ufc and also lets have a Jon Fitch finishing statistic seeing as thou we had a Chael one.Jon Fitch's last finish was in 2007 which took him up to four which is the same number as the number of matches he has been involved in and not won.
    edited February 2013
    Perhaps, but he is 1-2-1 in his last four fights and is getting paid a hefty salary. He is on a downward trajectory. He was ranked ninth before the cut. Why should they keep him around? Because he beat low tier guys three plus years ago?
    Post edited by waikru on

"Believe in the beard"

waikru said:

Perhaps, but he is 1-2-1 in his last four fights and is getting paid a hefty salary. He is on a downward trajectory. He was ranked ninth before the cut. Why should they keep him around? Because he beat low tier guys three plus years ago?

He IS ranked ninth ...

There is no such thing as trajectory. only status.

trajectory is for handicappers, not for competition organisers.

no one says, "liverpool, you are 6th and on a downward trajectory, therefore you cant enter the europa league. or "man city, you are 1st but are on a downward trajectory, therefore you can not have the epl title." or "newcastle, you are 10th, but on a downward trajectory, therefore you are relegated and well keep the bottom 10 teams who won last week."

no one says federer, you are on a downward trajectory, therefore you cant enter and win the olympic gold. or bolt, you are on a downward trajectory and have lost twice this year to your team mate so therefore you cant enter the olympics...
    waikru said:

also he beat top 10 guys. if you can tell me wtf or why the **** paulo thiago is still around with their comparative records since their fight, then go ahead.
  • waikru said:

No I think he should have gone if i had a choice between the new fighters they brought in or keep Jon Fitch, Che Mills and the rest of the guys they cut, then im picking the new guys.

joeyp1 said:

waikru said:

also he beat top 10 guys. if you can tell me wtf or why the **** paulo thiago is still around with their comparative records since their fight, then go ahead.
    Because his losses were competetive. Fitch got KO'd in seconds fighting Hedricks and offered zero offence against Maia. All losses aren't created equal as you are trying to suggest. Fitch didn't just lose, he got decimated.

"Believe in the beard"

75 guys in that division. so no. im not about to cut a top 15 er.

if money really was the issue they should honor their contract, just like he **** honored his, and then offer him a pay cut and let him leave.
    joeyp1 said:

waikru said:

He IS ranked ninth ...

There is no such thing as trajectory. only status.

trajectory is for handicappers, not for competition organisers.

no one says, "liverpool, you are 6th and on a downward trajectory, therefore you cant enter the europa league. or "man city, you are 1st but are on a downward trajectory, therefore you can not have the epl title." or "newcastle, you are 10th, but on a downward trajectory, therefore you are relegated and well keep the bottom 10 teams who won last week."

no one says federer, you are on a downward trajectory, therefore you cant enter and win the olympic gold. or bolt, you are on a downward trajectory and have lost twice this year to your team mate so therefore you cant enter the olympics...
    Your argument that they should keep him around based on his abilites three years ago is ridiculous. He's won one fight in two years. Furthermore, this is a combat sport, not soccer. There is a difference.

"Believe in the beard"

waikru said:

joeyp1 said:

waikru said:

Because his losses were competetive. Fitch got KO'd in seconds fighting Hedricks and offered zero offence against Maia. All losses aren't created equal as you are trying to suggest. Fitch didn't just lose, he got decimated.
    paulo thiago got ktfo quicker than fitch did against a much worse level of fighter, and has been **** raped numerous times. and fitch beat him.

fitch lost 3 in the last 10 years. thiago lost 4 in the last 5 fights.