SteelerNation43SteelerNation43 Posts: 12,654Free
edited February 2013 in UFC
Post edited by SteelerNation43 on
Tagged:

Comments

• Beloved89Beloved89 Posts: 215Free
    LOL love it.
    WAR CIGANO!!

Cain is far superior to Big Foot, and so is Spartacus_ to me. I should not bet against the undefeated GOAT poster.
  • BanduraBandura Posts: 1,453Free
    Awesome. throw this on Docs thread dude.

All hail the Dark sith ruler, Darth Shubeous!
  • Wanderlei_RuaWanderlei_Rua Posts: 963Free
    Jones has benefited greatly from his size advantage and timing. His run of defenses against former champs is impressive, but also deceiving when you consider all but one are on a serious decline in their career.

I can't wait to see Jones get humbled. Unfortunately Sonnen doesn't have the tools to do it, Machida and Gus are terrible off their backs and Hendo doesn't have the cardio or reach. Teixeira and Silva are the only guys, at the moment, that can finish Jones.
  • SteelerNation43SteelerNation43 Posts: 12,654Free
    edited February 2013

Jones has benefited greatly from his size advantage and timing. His run of defenses against former champs is impressive, but also deceiving when you consider all but one are on a serious decline in their career.

I can't wait to see Jones get humbled. Unfortunately Sonnen doesn't have the tools to do it, Machida and Gus are terrible off their backs and Hendo doesn't have the cardio or reach. Teixeira and Silva are the only guys, at the moment, that can finish Jones.

Moose has a small chance if he beats Gus believe it or not. He has good striking and a great guard.

and Machida hasn't been on his back very often if at all.....in fact he wasn't even on his back in the first Jones fight.

Teixeira is a little overrated....I don't see him beating Jones at all....especially with his last performance (not saying it was bad but definitely not on Jones level.)

Moose has a small chance if he beats Gus believe it or not. He has good striking and a great guard.

and Machida hasn't been on his back very often if at all.....in fact he wasn't even on his back in the first Jones fight.

Teixeira is a little overrated....I don't see him beating Jones at all....especially with his last performance (not saying it was bad but definitely not on Jones level.)
    I agree with you about Gegard. I think he has the advantage against Gus, but he isn't nearly strong enough for Jones and is at least two fights away from a shot.

Machida was most definitely on his back in the Jones fight. That's how he got cut and uncharacteristically started to panic.

Teixeira is overhyped right now. I do think he has the size, chin and submission game to cause a lot of problems for Bones though.

I agree with you about Gegard. I think he has the advantage against Gus, but he isn't nearly strong enough for Jones and is at least two fights away from a shot.

Machida was most definitely on his back in the Jones fight. That's how he got cut and uncharacteristically started to panic.

Teixeira is overhyped right now. I do think he has the size, chin and submission game to cause a lot of problems for Bones though.
    Machida was on the ground for a couple seconds in that fight and he got back up, started striking and walked into a punch that cut him if i remember right.
  • carnages41carnages41 Posts: 36,285Free

Machida was on the ground for a couple seconds in that fight and he got back up, started striking and walked into a punch that cut him if i remember right.
    Machida ran at Jones flailing like a retard and Jones humbled that piss drinker with a pillow fist to the jaw...then followed him to the ground and crushed him with an elbow....then let him up and easily pushed him against the cage and subbed him
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last one to post wins- Winner
    UFC Forum Fight Camp- Winner
    UFC PREDICTIONS TOURNAMENT 5 - unofficial winner

Machida ran at Jones flailing like a retard and Jones humbled that piss drinker with a pillow fist to the jaw...then followed him to the ground and crushed him with an elbow....then let him up and easily pushed him against the cage and subbed him
    :/ what happened man, i used to enjoy your trolls.

:/ what happened man, i used to enjoy your trolls.
    There ain't much content left, I got to start going off on the glass jaws like Machida and Reem
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I could be wrong. I thought Jones cut Machida with an elbow to the forehead on the ground. Machida has an arsenal of weapons, but his guard is not one of them. He barely moved and didn't seem to know how to defend from the bottom.

You are absolutely right about him walking into a feather-fisted right hand that shouldn't have dropped him and started the ending sequence.

I could be wrong. I thought Jones cut Machida with an elbow to the forehead on the ground. Machida has an arsenal of weapons, but his guard is not one of them. He barely moved and didn't seem to know how to defend from the bottom.

You are absolutely right about him walking into a feather-fisted right hand that shouldn't have dropped him and started the ending sequence.
    This^

Machida has no chance against Jones if he turtles from weak *** punches

edited February 2013
    lol, he may have walked into it but weak punch?? cmon now...

Either way its not like it put him out, it just staggered him and set JOnes up for his next move.

This^

Machida has no chance against Jones if he turtles from weak *** punches</blo

Even as a Lyoto fan I don't like his chances against Jones because of his lack of chin and bottom game.

There was a guy that Lyoto used to train with that has a similar style.....only with an active guard and the best chin in the business.....what was his name....

Whoever it is, he would make Jones look amatuer.
  • PunchBagPunchBag Posts: 7,846Free
    lyoto has a terrible chin its his biggest downfall, if it was like hendos he would have beaten jones.
    "Believe in the beard"
    I bet against THE KING and he smashed my little gonads into oblivion

Either way its not like it put him out, it just staggered him and set JOnes up for the choke.

PunchBag said:

lyoto has a terrible chin its his biggest downfall, if it was like hendos he would have beaten jones.

What makes you say that?

He's only been KOd once by Shogun.....thats it....the only other person to at the very least rock Machida is Jones and Jones has rocked EVERYBODY!
    PunchBag said:

If he had Hendo's chin, he never would've lost the belt. He'd be nearly unstoppable. He'd be....Anderson.
    edited February 2013
    hes only ever been hit cleanly by shogun and jones, shogun kod him and jones dropped him. if hendo connects hes going to sleep no chance of recovery.
    Post edited by PunchBag on
    "Believe in the beard"

Either way its not like it put him out, it just staggered him and set JOnes up for the choke.

PunchBag said:

What makes you say that?

He's only been KOd once by Shogun.....thats it....the only other person to at the very least rock Machida is Jones and Jones has rocked EVERYBODY!
    Yeah because Shogun and Jones are the only ones that have really connected on him, Machida is good at avoiding punches....but when he gets hit he quits

doesnt quit his chin just tells his brain its time to go to sleep he cant really stop that.
    "Believe in the beard"

PunchBag said:

doesnt quit his chin just tells his brain its time to go to sleep he cant really stop that.

He quit in the Jones fight

PunchBag said:

What makes you say that?

Yeah because Shogun and Jones are the only ones that have really connected on him, Machida is good at avoiding punches....but when he gets hit he quits
    I think it's mostly due to his karate background. His entire life has been centered on inflicting damage at the perfect moment and getting out of range before the opponent has a chance to counter.

He doesn't have the brawling experience of the Muay Thai guys and hasn't ever learned how to recover from getting rocked.
    edited February 2013
    i dont think thats something you can train, most likely hes been kod a few times in karate and his chin has become weak, his style however is perfect for someone with a weak chin

both times he was caught he was being overly agressive. against hendo he just needs to backpedal and counter
    Post edited by PunchBag on
    "Believe in the beard"

A few solid body kicks in the first will slow Hendo down and set up a beautiful front kick KO if Lyoto can keep his distance. All fanboyism aside, this is one of the best stylistic matchups in years.

War Machida!
  • edh1edh1 Posts: 962Free

Love it. I hope Sonnen knocks Jones out so badly he makes Rashad's fishlips look normal. Jones needs a humbling, most arrogant fighter in UFC history, not to mention every other scandal, and being a coward who turns down fights.

All joking aside MMA fighter and coward really should't be uttered in the same breath,and I can't stand Jon Jones.Most people generally will go to great lengths to avoid a situation in which they may get hurt,even the worst lay and preyers have 50 times more guts than the keyboard warriors that talk **** on this forum, A LOT OF TIMES TURNING DOWN FIGHTS IS STRICTLY BUSINESS----HAVING SAID ALL THAT HE SHOULD HAVE FOUGHT JONES ,BUT USING THE WORD COWARD ON A GUY LIKE JONES IS A LITTLE OVERKILL,ANDERSON DUCKS GUYS,FEDOR DUCKED GUYS,THEY ARE NOT COWARDS,,THESE GUYS HAVE CAREERR STRATEGYS,AND HAVE TO LOOK OUT FOR THEMSELVES.seriously why pull out the stops for the fans ,really in most cases they have zero loyalty.Carlos condit ,finished 22 of 26 of his wins ,and 1 fight he decides to use an unpopular strategy in a #1 contenders match to get a title shot and half his fans turn their back on him,maybe more.Clay guida (who i can't stand)has numerous exciting fights ,and has 1 lame strategy,and now fans want his head .I agree with Rampage about some of the fans and the **** fighters put up with.Why not fight in Japan where the craft of MMA IS respected.
  • Machida was still stunned from an elbow in the first round.
    text
  • ShannonRitch1p4pShannonRitch1p4p Posts: 10,022Free
    edited February 2013
    Machida has a terrible chin. With that point fighting karate background he tries to avoid getting hit as much as possible. I see it in his face when he gets cracked. He checks out mentally. Luckily for him after 1 shot from Dan he will be seperated from his senses and wont have to worry about getting hit anymore.
    Post edited by ShannonRitch1p4p on
  • zaksamezaksame Posts: 4,342Free

Love it. I hope Sonnen knocks Jones out so badly he makes Rashad's fishlips look normal. Jones needs a humbling, most arrogant fighter in UFC history, not to mention every other scandal, and being a coward who turns down fights.

More arrogant than Chael ??? ROFLMAO are you serious?There is a fine line to Chael's mouth and actually backing it up and so far his last couple fights he has looked pretty bad.He struggled versus Bisping who has suddenly become non relevant and well he really looked bad his second go round with Silva.
    Jones on the other hand has looked really good far above his competition.You think Chael would ever in 100 tries get a standing guillotine on anyone in the UFC?

Jones can act on top of the world because you know what,he is.The UFC sponsored him for a reason.They got the arrogant Chael for his mouth,they got Jones for his talent.
    Gina Miesha Kyra ...yes please.
  • Sonnen will enter ther cage with ~5 lb advantage over JJ.
    My little brazilian candy, smack:
    text