Welterweight Rankings

RicardoSanchezRicardoSanchez Posts: 29Free
Every one saying Jon Fitch is ranked 9th in the welterweight division is now offically incorrect as the UFC website have now removed him and left that position blank.I believe that Tarec Saffiedine should be moved up from 10th to 9th but who fills the 10th position now.I have come up with either Mike Pyle or Nate Marquardt.Would like to see it go to Pyle as he has put together 3 wins on the trot and all by stoppages.But then a win over Ellenberger in a few weeks could see Marquardt him taking that spot from Pyle.
Tagged:

Comments

• joeyp1joeyp1 Posts: 272Free
    who **** cares. there ranking is **** just like someone taking jordans number. we all know fitch is still 9 in the world. and hes gone.
  • PATSTER said:

Nick Diaz # 1

He is in my eyes already.Less than a month and the rest of the world can share our vision.

• PunchBagPunchBag Posts: 7,793Free
    nick diaz wont even be in top 10 after he looses to gsp
    "Believe in the beard"
    I bet against THE KING and he smashed my little gonads into oblivion

• prodigy9prodigy9 Posts: 1,646Free

Every one saying Jon Fitch is ranked 9th in the welterweight division is now offically incorrect as the UFC website have now removed him and left that position blank.I believe that Tarec Saffiedine should be moved up from 10th to 9th but who fills the 10th position now.I have come up with either Mike Pyle or Nate Marquardt.Would like to see it go to Pyle as he has put together 3 wins on the trot and all by stoppages.But then a win over Ellenberger in a few weeks could see Marquardt him taking that spot from Pyle.

I'd say Nate goes higher with a win... But I don't think he beats Ellenberger
    JDS,Hunt.

Teixeira, Shogun, Nedkov,Manuwa.

Lombard, Bisping, Belfort.

Hathaway, Semtex,

Sass, Khabib 'The Eagle,

Barboza, Barao.

Cro Cop-Penn-Liddell

• PenguPengu Posts: 4,130Free
    edited February 2013
    Rankings are stupid, they have Faber as #2 and Menjivar as #10
    Post edited by Pengu on
    Train by day, Joe Rogan Podcast all Night! All day!

Osu!

• zaksamezaksame Posts: 4,340Free
    Interesting ,because the UFC removes him that makes it official.The UFC has nothing to do with it,those were votes by media people.Are we going to then say those media people are GOD,they know more than anyone else?Media people are good at starting controversy,why,simple they don't really know their stuff so they try to create relevant topics.
    Fitch is still a top 10 fighter no matter what any lame UFC rankings claim.BY removing him,it shows they were butt hurt by all the negativity they took.
    It has ALWAYS been FACT,the BEST fighters are not ALL in the UFC,some yes but not all.That is why we constantly see NEW faces show up and defeat those so called greats.I seem to remember people talking like Penn was this PRODIGY,this elite fighter that could fight anyone,then he gets put back down to earth by Frankie who has suddenly become less relevant.

I have my own thoughts on fighters ,i don't carry a rankings system in my head because it is meaningless,What you did to go 15-0 means NOTHING,that one fight on that one night means everything.Example GSP is only still number 1 because he does not lose but as soon as he loses i think he should drop because personally he has not improved the way he could or should have.I do not see any versatility in GSP's fight game and that is not good for a true champion.He is going to lose to either Maia or Hendrick's i am pretty sure of it.That would tell you that i actuall yfeel he is at this moment really only number 3 best.
    Gina Miesha Kyra ...yes please.