Rumble is fighting Arlovski at Heavyweight

edh1edh1 Posts: 965Free
edited February 2013 in Outside the UFC
The guy was a welterweight 2 years ago,I'm Curious has any fighter ever went from WW to HW before and had any success at all.I know he had a brief stop at MW to fight Vitor.But basically he was a welterweight who couldn't make weight.Does he have a shot at winning against Arlovski. Thoughts anyone,
Post edited by the_enigma on
Tagged:

Comments

• Frontline_RioterFrontline_Rioter Posts: 2,531Free
    Well his kidneys are shot from cutting to 170. He should have been a career middleweight and he could still make 185. Mo Lawal said he met Rumble when AJ was wrestling at 184 and Mo was wrestling at 197. Mo said Rumble was bigger then himself years ago and Mo has only fought at light heavy and heavy. Mo even said that when he wrestled at 184 himself he had to take a year off and compete at 211 because the weight cut was affecting him negatively.

His kidneys are probably happy the fight is at heavyweight. No weight cut needed he should come in around 225 while Andrei will be about 240-245
  • WarWestWarWest Órale VatoPosts: 33,824Free
    Let me help you via Mr. Devil:

WRONG SECTION!!!

The Cal Ripken Of GSP hatin'
    Arch Bishop Of Anti-GSP
    The Stockton Hater
    209's So Fine
  • KOOKORKKOOKORK Posts: 780Free
    I think he can have a better chance in HW than WW and MW. he is naturally a LHW. I think he can bang with Arlovski and win .
    It is not about win or lose, it is about heart. Leave all you have in the Octagon and you are a winner in my book.
    JDS, Machida,Sam stout,Bermudez, Dustin Kimura,Roger Huerta
  • PenguPengu Posts: 4,130Free
    If he tags Arlovksi, would be a wrap...
    Then inb4rumblewouldbeufchwchamp
    Train by day, Joe Rogan Podcast all Night! All day!

Osu!

• zaksamezaksame Posts: 4,342Free
    Rumble was on the road to stardom but lack of training and that eye injury ruined his career.He was always a sort of a mild build as a wrestler then all a sudden he is massive.Only guess work but i would say he turned to roids to get stronger ,bigger and did not do the cardio to back it up.
    Hios cardio looked so god awful versus Vitor there is no way in hell he can be fight ready within at least a year of cardio work.He is simply put ALL muscle ALL show ,no go.If he had smart management,he would get into the WWE,make more money and less effort.
    Gina Miesha Kyra ...yes please.
  • MegasoupMegasoup Maker of SoupsPosts: 2,386Free
    edh1 said:

The guy was a welterweight 2 years ago,I'm Curious has any fighter ever went from WW to HW before and had any success at all.I know he had a brief stop at MW to fight Vitor.But basically he was a welterweight who couldn't make weight.Does he have a shot at winning against Arlovski. Thoughts anyone,

Boxing, a sport far older than MMA, has many examples of fighters successfully moving up as they age.
    Member of the People's Freedom Movement

• waikruwaikru UFC PresidentPosts: 10,030Free
    Megasoup said:

edh1 said:

Boxing, a sport far older than MMA, has many examples of fighters successfully moving up as they age.
    True, but Rumble has kind of put on weight exponentially. LOL!
    On November 16th Hendricks became the real undisputed champion.

"Believe in the beard"

• PunchBagPunchBag Posts: 7,859Free
    i can see rumble winning, arlovski chin is terrible now.
    "Believe in the beard"
    I bet against THE KING and he smashed my little gonads into oblivion

• carnages41carnages41 Posts: 36,346Free
    Arlovski will kill him
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last one to post wins- Winner
    UFC Forum Fight Camp- Winner
    UFC PREDICTIONS TOURNAMENT 5 - unofficial winner
  • edh1edh1 Posts: 965Free
    WarWest said:

Let me help you via Mr. Devil:

WRONG SECTION!!!

Oh I'm so sorry what are you the forum .Can you guys ever forgive me for such blatent disregard to the rules.Is there somewhere i can pay a fine.
  • edh1edh1 Posts: 965Free
    Megasoup said:

edh1 said:

in boxing MW is 160 ,Roy Jones did go to HW FOR 1 FIGHT,and did start his career at 160.Boxing weight classes are now only 4-6 pounds difference in the lower weights 122,126,130.135 ect.That's why there are guys that have been champs in 5,6 or 7 different weights.Oscar ,Pacman,Floyd ,Leonard and various other.but very few have went from MW to HW with success.Roy Jones did it ,but it ruined his career.